It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: How The MSM Covered Up Fast and Furious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think we have all seen this story fade into the background of the MSM blur lately. They are far too busy following the Obama Admins. Daily talking points. The war on women, the Buffett Rule, Sandra Fluke, The War on Republican Stay at Home Moms, etc etc etc.

Well.... Read this

Pavlich doesn’t just expose the Obama administration. She exposes the mainstream media for what they are: tools of the Democratic Party, and of the White House.

As Pavlich recounts, the first mainstream media outlet to report on Fast and Furious was CBS Evening News, which aired a report by Sharyl Attkinson. She stated that the scandal itself was so awful that “some insiders say it surpasses the shoot-out at Ruby Ridge and the deadly siege at Waco.” She pointed out that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives had been pushing through the sale of guns to Mexican drug cartels, and that gun shops had even tried “to stop the questionable sales, but ATF encouraged them to continue.”

The White House was not pleased with CBS!! Shame on CBS for doing what journalists and news stations use to do. You know... report the facts so that the reader or viewer is able to form their own opinion. Now, they must tell you what to believe as they guide you by the hand day by day as they are guided by the White House.

When the Obama administration saw Attkinson’s report, they reacted with utter fury. Officials from the administration screamed at her; as Pavlich reports, Justice Department communications director Tracy Schmaler called her up to yell at her. White House spokesman Eric Schultz “reportedly directed a barrage of expletives toward her.” Attkinson said that the White House and Justice Department labeled her “not reasonable” – as opposed to other press outlets.

They labeled her as a nonconformist! She didn't tow the line that they have been told to tow.

Other media outlets were more than happy to comply with the White House and the DOJ.

Pavlich writes, “The New York Times and Washington Post weren’t just ‘reasonable,’ they seemed to act as press officers for the Obama administration.”

Times reported Charlie Savage penned a column in which he depicted Republicans as narrow-minded thugs out to get innocent babe-in-the-woods Attorney General Holder. The name of the piece: “Under Partisan Fire Eric Holder Soldiers On.” Meanwhile, in June 2011, the Washington Post printed an editorial decrying the “paranoia” of the National Rifle Associations and the “gun rights lobby,” even railing against them for fighting “against virtually every proposal to empower the bureau to better track and crack down on illegal firearms.”

Wow!! All for the sake of protecting Holder and the Obama administration. Ready for Holder's ouster yet??!!

The media began to paint the picture from Day one. Those evil guns and the even more sinister Gun Shops and their owners

Shockingly, the media covered for the Obama administration even when they unwittingly reported the truth. On December 15, 2010, the same day that Officer Brian Terry was murdered using a weapon sold via Fast and Furious, the Washington Post wrote a piece blasting border gun shops for dealing guns to sources south of the border. “What is different now, authorities say, is the number of high-powered rifles heading south … and the savagery of the violence,”

Keep the pressure on to bring true justice to light in this case!! Holder should be in jail and Obama should be impeached!

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 16-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It looks like Regnery Publishing is publishing her book.

- Fast & Furious - Katie Pavlich

I hope she gets interviewed by Sean Hannity sometime this week. - Fox News -

Clearly we need a special prosecutor to investigate the perjury committed by

Janet Napolitano. Eric Holder is just as guilty as she is.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My blood was boiling when I first read of "Fast and Furious," and it continues to boil now as justice has yet to be served. Obama and his cronies move on like planned still pushing their artificial hogwash while the American people are divided in not knowing who to believe and who to distrust.
For many of us it is clear as day what "Fast and Furious" really was and is, but I'm dumbfounded by the multitudes of people that are ignorant to the agenda, which was planned by our gov't whom is responsible for the death of an innocent person and many innocents south of the border.
Despicable! If this disgrace of a man is re-elected, I will take it as a sign to get the hell out of dodge!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Holder / Obama DOJ is more concerned with persecuting / prosecuting American citizens who question their actions as opposed to actually enforcing the law. Going after states for voter identification while ignoring the immigration issues. Engaging in fast and furious and covering up gun smuggling while going after the 2nd amendment.

The ethics of Holder and Obama would raise eyebrows in the Court of Caligula..
edit on 16-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Pavlich doesn’t just expose the Obama administration. She exposes the mainstream media for what they are: tools of the Democratic Party, and of the White House.

errr, FOX NEWS? the most BIASED, UNFAIR and UNBALANCED Murdoch propaganda piece for the republicans and the elite?

This argument is like Himmler arguing against someone convicted of man slaughter.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

errr, FOX NEWS? the most BIASED, UNFAIR and UNBALANCED Murdoch propaganda piece for the republicans and the elite?

This argument is like Himmler arguing against someone convicted of man slaughter.

Attacking the credibility is easy..

Can you actually refute the charges though?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I didn't even read the charges, I have no doubt the democrats have their own propaganda mouthpiece just like the republicans. I mean, this is AMERICA we are talking about right?

but when someone opens the article with

She exposes the mainstream media for what they are: tools of the Democratic Party, and of the White House.

I kinda lose all credibility in even reading another word.

They are as bad as each other, but frankly Fox news is just vile in its saturating content of Pro Bush/Republican/elite BS!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I didn't even read the charges, I have no doubt the democrats have their own propaganda mouthpiece just like the republicans. I mean, this is AMERICA we are talking about right?

She exposes the mainstream media for what they are: tools of the Democratic Party, and of the White House.

They are as bad as each other, but frankly Fox news is just vile in its saturating content of Pro Bush/Republican/elite BS!

You kinda lose all credibilty when you ignore the fact that CBS' Sharyl Attkison first broke the story, and did several follow-up pieces before her bosses caved-in to the Obama administration.

She was denounced by the Obama Whitehouse for having the audacity to publish facts, rather than opinion, and for her refusal to "go along" with the rest of the MSM.

MSM Cover-Up Confirmed by "Bordergate" Reporter! Whitehouse Furious for Not Complying!,

Now, Attkisson reveals that Obama Whitehouse and DoJ officials have "strong-armed" and berated her for not following the same same tack as the New York Times, Washington Post and LA Times have: playing-down the story, outright ignoring it, or attacking the Congressional investigators with false stories.

Attkisson also said the DOJ and White House representatives complained that CBS was “unfair and biased” because it didn’t give the White House favorable coverage on the developing scandal.

“Is it sort of a drip, drip. And I’m certainly not the one to make the case for DOJ and White House about what I’m doing wrong,” she added. “They will tell you that I’m the only reporter, as they told me, that is not reasonable. They say The Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, The New York Times is reasonable — I’m the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I’m unfair and biased by pursuing it.”

jw

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Nuff said...........

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The book is available at Amazon and on Kindle and Ebay. If I had the $ I'd buy one for every household in the U.S.
I enjoy reading the readers reviews and it got great reviews.

Blasting through the Obama administration's smokescreen of lies and corruption surrounding Operation Fast and Furious, Katie Pavlich names names and details how what started as a calculated attempt to undermine the Second Amendment wound up in the murder of American citizens.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Our government is corrupt as hell. The MSM is the Administration's b*tch and if it stays muzzled we are all toast.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This fits also.......

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Somebody needs to be reading Holder his Miranda Rights and Janet Napolitano as well.
So much for truth, justice and the American way.

A message for the government of the U.S.A.:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Was this a huge MSM cover up?

Hell yes, it was.

The media manipilation
is getting so bad it
is getting harder and harder
what to believe..
They swept this under the rug
like it never happened.. Wonder how
much the admin was out to keep it wrapped
tight? 100-150 millon? crooks all of them the
feds are the biggest crooks there are

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Operation Fast and Furious is the deadliest and most sinister scandal in American history. A scandal so big, it’s worse than Iran-Contra and makes Watergate look like a high school prank gone wrong.

www.fastnfuriousinvestigation.com...

So says author of "Fast and Furious: Barack Obama’s Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Coverup" Katie Pavlich.

Why the big MSM cover-up?

Despite very few exceptions, the media has been complicit in the cover-up of Obama’s bloodiest scandal by ignoring and refusing to report about it. Why? To protect the President. This scandal, one that has left hundreds of bodies in its wake, would be deadly to the administration. This is the scandal that will bring President Obama down in November, so long as the American people know its details.

I am not surprised that ATS largely seems to be ignoring this story. I am saddened by it. Deny Ignorance? No it's really "Deny Reality" Just a few short months ago Obama was not very well liked around here, now so many (perhaps Ron Paul supporters) have jumped shipped and returned to him. Well, he's your lover now ATS- not mine.

Dr. Paul did say that ANY of the Republican candidates would be a better choice than Obama. He's not stupid or blind.

This story should have 300 plus stars. It's big, corrupt and your ignoring it makes you worse than a sheeple. It makes you a hypocrite.

Definition of a hypocrite:

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

That's alright. Every time some body rants on Lord Obama, I'll be throwing "FastnFurious" in their face. Live with it.
Wrong is wrong and your silence speaks volumes about you.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for the back story, F&S. I've been following this deafening silence
for quite a while... and the credibility of any news outlet IMHO is directly
associated now with the pounding on the DOJ's door with this one. And
I see very few battering rams used by anyone bigger than a marshmallow.
This is worse than a scandal, it should be a cause for widespread outrage:
and almost EVERYONE in my circle of friends are saying in so many words.
"So what's the big deal?"
I gave up on warning them that Fed Daddy and Big Sis are not their parents,
and I want OUT of this dysfunctional family pronto. The emoticon I need to
express myself properly would get me permanently jettisoned for sure.
This is surely the straw that's going to clog the Camel Filter, and I've had it
plenty far past the nostrils with this putrid totalitarian semiplastic fecal
subterfuge perpetrated by I'm-not-going-there-Mods-put-the-relax-on, GRRR.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

So what you are suggesting / saying then is Fox News is guilty but other media outlets that support Obama are not? I ask, and no offense intended, because you seem to be setting a standard to take the op article / post to task because of what it suggests while at the same time using the same standard you just condemned to use against Fox.

Am I misinterpreting your position?

As far as other comments go about the MSM being complicit in the cover-up it begs the question about the accusations made by Arpiao's cold case team. Accusations have been made by at least 3 different journalists who stated they have been warned about reporting on the topic and what would occur to them if they continued to do o.

If the administration is willing to bend arms with the media on this topic, does it lend credibility to accusations of them bending arms for the birth certificate issue?
edit on 17-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
First I have read about this Fast & Furious deal...

Can't say I'm surprised. Mexico has been getting worse by the day and it wouldn't surprise me if our current Administration were doing some shady things down there. Thanks OP, I'm going to read more about this today.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Uh, this isn't anything new.. 9-11, anyone?
As soon as I saw "l. wing media"... most news channels are now corporate owned - this isn't a left wing or a right wing item - this is propaganda-led msm coverups.
As old as Edward Bernays--- look it up.

PS Good call on the PJ tune.
edit on 17-4-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: PJ

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
OK, I don't know a whole lot about fast and the furious, but are there not news media organizations that absolutely hate this administration? Where are they?

Is it possible that what started as a scandal fizzled into something that couldn't be traced up the administration or ended being a bunch of hearsay or speculation.

Let me make it clear that I'm NOT TAKING ANY POSITION on this scandal until I have more info. I'm not on board with anything I've heard so far. I do think it's weird that it has kind of gone away, but isn't that typical of a story that doesn't generate viewers and interest? Even if it is significant?

Need more info please, not looking for opinion pieces.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

If you are serious, all you have to do is look up Sharyl Attkison and her series. You could even search ATS and find a dozen threads.

Are you really serious?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join