It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Scientist: Fluoride Already Shown to Cause 10,000 Cancer Deaths

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
an open letter to my Mother

Dear Mommy,
Thank you for being as smart as you are and knowing that flouride was "poison" all my life. If it wasn't for the extra hours you put in so you could afford to buy us spring water (back when it wasn't so readily available), and flouride free toothpaste, who knows what kind of state we might be in today.

I am now 38 years old and almost 100% flouride free for those entire 38 years.

You so rock!
All my love,
- Your daughter

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Fluoride is found naturally in the water too, those levels can even be higher than the places where it was added.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I read, true or not, that naturally occuring flouride is different from what they add to our water.... (pauses to see if she can find her source).......

here's a start

41. The chemicals used to fluoridate water are not pharmaceutical grade. Instead, they largely come from the wet scrubbing systems of the phosphate fertilizer industry. These chemicals (90% of which are sodium fluorosilicate and fluorosilicic acid), are classified hazardous wastes contaminated with various impurities. Recent testing by the National Sanitation Foundation suggest that the levels of arsenic in these silicon fluorides are relatively high (up to 1.6 ppb after dilution into public water) and of potential concern (NSF 2000 and Wang 2000). Arsenic is a known human carcinogen for which there is no safe level. This one contaminant alone could be increasing cancer rates – and unnecessarily so.

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
S&F ...
For future reference ...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Not only is naturally occurring flouride completely different to the chemical waste soup they pull from their scrubbers, only about 3.0% of the population is receiving naturally occurring fluoride in their water. That means 97% of people are ingesting a toxic waste material. I wrote a thread about all of this not too long ago:

A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it

BONUS RELATED THREAD: Fluoride Linked to #1 Cause of Death in New Research
edit on 16-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Sorry, Dr. Burke's assertion that laetrile is an effective cure for cancer makes him nothing more than a quack.

He is simply not credible enough to believe in this instance.

And what biochemistry credentials do you possess that lend credibility to your pronouncements about either laetrile or Dr. Burke?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception

In 1997, it was shown that fluoridation caused about 10,000 cancer deaths in epidemiological studies by Dr. Dean Burk, former head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute and Yiamouyiannis. Despite the findings occurring in 1997, they were not reluctantly released until 1989. After analyzing the study results in rats, it was found that animals who drank fluoridated water:

First, how does something get released before the findings occured? And second, as said, everything causes cancer these days, probably even the computer you're using now

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
an open letter to my Mother

Dear Mommy,
Thank you for being as smart as you are and knowing that flouride was "poison" all my life. If it wasn't for the extra hours you put in so you could afford to buy us spring water (back when it wasn't so readily available), and flouride free toothpaste, who knows what kind of state we might be in today.

I am now 38 years old and almost 100% flouride free for those entire 38 years.

You so rock!
All my love,
- Your daughter

Getting to 38 is not so difficult. Most health problems dont start until around 40 - 50 years old. Dr. Burke made it to 84 and here we are talking about him over 2 decades later. I dont think it is so co-incidental. Everyone wants to be the rose in a field of daisies.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I avoid fluoride since it has been shown to accumulate in the pineal gland and calcify it. Idk about you, but I don't like having sections of my brain rendered inert due to a foreign substance. Especially a part said to be involved in higher order thinking (the "third eye").

The fear or thought of cancer isn't necessary, but I wouldn't doubt if it were true. It's a poison.

It's not a good substance to ingest in any shape or form.

ETA but I'm already effed. I didn't realize this until I was 21 and I was too poor as a child to not use tap water (drunk out of hoses quite often) and was too ignorant to know the effects of fluoride toothpastes. If I have kids there's a lot I'll do different.

The government already stole my sense of smell when I was a child too. They issued people on the base housing to use a nasal spray which had steroids in it (and was later found to be harmful). It effed up my olfactory bulb for life.

Going on 17 years without ever whiffing a scent~ I wonder which part of my brain they'll take next.
edit on 16-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Fluoride causes cancer because it needs Iodine to bind it out and Iodine deficiency causes cancer.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I have never really looked into flouride relating to cancer or anything until this. But I did notice the other day while I was waiting in line to eat on post they had a sign showing ten reasons to drink tap water instead of bottled water. One of the reasons was because it has flouride in it (and flouride is good for you according to them).

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Ah yes, an article written by men who have only a journalists understanding of the field which they have chosen to concentrate thier craft on, about a bit of research that really does not have any substance or scientific rigor applied to it. Well done on all fronts lads.

The fact of the matter is, that this website, the Natural Society, is run by people who have absolutely no connection with actual medicine what so ever. These are the sort of fellows who would have supported the UTTERLY STUPID actions of the late CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs, in battling his cancer. Anyone worth listening to was telling the man to get himself dealt with by people who might actually have been able to save his life, rather than getting his back rubbed, and being immersed in aromatherapy or some other bloody thing.

While I am more than aware that the great majority of our current understanding of medicine is based on the herbalism of our ancestors, and that is something I respect. However, medical science has evolved past the stage where waving a sprig of holly over a mans head can be expected to be as effective as some attention from a professional oncologist.

The entire ethos of the site which is carrying this research to our attention, could be said therefore to be somewhat shakey, in terms of the trustworthyness of any information it provides. Holistic therapy is all very well, but serious illness requires serious application of medical understanding. By all means take alternative remedies for a cold, but where the Big C is concerned, get professional help.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There are piles of evidence maintaining that fluoride is detrimental to the health of any living being. Yet most people still don't say anything about it being added to our water. I used to be skeptical of conspiracy theories, but now I'm really starting to wonder if this is population control.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
True brit, your posting is in ignorance. Medical doctors know only so much as the pharmaceutical industry teaches them. True naturopathic doctors however, with a $300k education, know far more about how vitamins and enzymes are utilized by the body, as well as the bodies natural healing process than most western doctors do.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Originally posted by pexx421
True brit, your posting is in ignorance. Medical doctors know only so much as the pharmaceutical industry teaches them.

Starred & quoted for truth

Doctors are only taught so much because the pharmaceutical industry is exactly that... an industry. If doctors were taught how to make people feel 100% healthy, then it wouldn't be much of a business, would it?

What a repugnant greedy world we live in

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
There are piles of evidence maintaining that fluoride is detrimental to the health of any living being.

You can say that about anything though. Salt is an insecticide - www.gardenguides.com... -

You can say "salt water kill plants so it is bad for humans...salt on slugs is deadly" only humans need salt.

From what i am reading the point here is not conclusive. Asking me if it should or should not be added is a different matter though. And still Fluoride occurs naturally in all water supplies.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What I can never understand is why they don't remove the fluoride from water until danger is definitely established.

But no, they're willing to risk poisoning people, until the burden of proof is explained by scientists, who are taking forever to come up with reliable results.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

hazchem sheet for sodium flouride.

Recomended use- water flouridation
Warning- toxic if swallowed.
www.fannz.org.nz...

you figure it out. If you can.

Same for flourocillic acid. It is a poison, one which it looks like you're quite happy to ingest.

For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (e.g. phone Australia 131 126; New Zealand 0800 764 766) or a doctor at once. Urgent hospital treatment is likely to be needed. Inhalation: Remove victim from area of exposure - avoid becoming a casualty. Remove contaminated clothing and loosen remaining clothing. Allow patient to assume most comfortable position and keep warm. Keep at rest until fully recovered. Seek medical advice if effects persist. Skin Contact: If skin or hair contact occurs, immediately remove any contaminated clothing and wash skin and hair thoroughly with running water. If swelling, redness, blistering or irritation occurs seek medical assistance.

but, you know, it's just fine to drink/eat it.

edit on 16/4/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You may be missing the entire point here friend?

This is not about debating medical science Vs. Going all natural...It surely is not about naturalnews...I could of linked to a handful of different sites that were running the article.

The information that I went and personally found on Dr. Burke,their studies and general information on fluoride dangers and possible links to causing certain cancers is what this should be about.

There is plenty to read,learn and speculate about from the links that I have given throughout this thread.
I respect your opinion...I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on the matter.

I do not have the credentials to prove or disprove their findings but what I do know is from what I have been researching since coming across this and in my humble opinion, deserves further inquiry & study before we simply throw it away and ignore it.

All the best

edit on 16-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

hazchem sheet for sodium flouride.

Recomended use- water flouridation
Warning- toxic if swallowed.
www.fannz.org.nz...

you figure it out. If you can.

Same for flourocillic acid. It is a poison, one which it looks like you're quite happy to ingest.

For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (e.g. phone Australia 131 126; New Zealand 0800 764 766) or a doctor at once. Urgent hospital treatment is likely to be needed. Inhalation: Remove victim from area of exposure - avoid becoming a casualty. Remove contaminated clothing and loosen remaining clothing. Allow patient to assume most comfortable position and keep warm. Keep at rest until fully recovered. Seek medical advice if effects persist. Skin Contact: If skin or hair contact occurs, immediately remove any contaminated clothing and wash skin and hair thoroughly with running water. If swelling, redness, blistering or irritation occurs seek medical assistance.

but, you know, it's just fine to drink/eat it.

edit on 16/4/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

Do a search for some MSDS's for Aspirin. I think you will find they are similar. These are for handling and commercial users just like if you ware handling large quantities of aspirin powder.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join