It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helioviewer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So I know a lot of you use the Helioviewer. But I guess my question is about the lasers images. Is that like debris from the sun, or a tron war going on up there? I finally figured out how to make a movie on the Jheiloviewer viewer. Sorry if it's like too fast, still trying to figure it out. I think I put it as solar hours. Not bad for a beginner.

0.19 you can see this huge laser line cut across the whole sun. like ???

edit on 13-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Images that didn't show up on the video. Bah

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Probably just flares. Light goes straight, and the inner solar system is full of dust, so it looks like lasers.
Great video!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Oh, You see an awful a lot of them and sometimes you can them coming from objects away from the sun, and then the sun directing it at objects, so I was just curious.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah.. I believe it's natural cause.
Of course, you have to define the word ''natural''...
Af far as we know, maybe the Sun surface is populated, and there is a war there (something to do about 2012), and those flares are bombs and particle beam...

edit on 13-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Probably just flares. Light goes straight, and the inner solar system is full of dust, so it looks like lasers.
Great video!

That's an F for effort. Maybe focus on quality, rather than quantity of posts ?

After searching the interwebz for a mere 2 minutes:

Light leaks inside the EUVI telescope optics can also affect the images. EUVI uses thin metal films to filter out direct sunlight and pass through only the wavelengths of interest. Small holes can develop in these filters, letting stray light through the system.

Source: CLICK

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not knowledgable in heliography. Why the flag? I'm not the OP.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I see ya upraded your thread with 3 new photos.
Now I see what you're referring to.
Geez, I don't know. very sharp lines. Not aligned with Sun's core.
Intriguing. Pixel failure? These sometime make a straight line...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sometimes, the lines are thin and sometimes the lines are really thick beams. They have me stumped.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yeah, it is perplexing. A more educated advice than mine would be great. Someone specialized in video imagery could be great.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
After work, I'll look at last month or the month before and try to find the really thick lasr light beam, that one was really weird looking. And it looked to be coming from an object straight down. Have to find it again. Hmm, might be on youtube too from somebody else.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm looking foward to see the comparision with older video. Keep me informed, please! I need to know IF it is lasers. Remotely possible, but possible.
You can send me U2U, I don't mind these.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
the lines you r seeing are just meteors or comets.ive been watching the sun for a couple of years now thru the SOHO web site.see them all the time although that one picture does seem interesting.the one with a cloud shape fireball like thing.
dont know if you know this but you can make your own movies at the soho site.goto the data archives then the movie theater and put the dates in you would like to view and then pick what camera view you would like(lasco2,lasco3,stereo b,ect...)and sit back and enjoy the show!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoobvious

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you. Yeah, I know. My movie is choppy at best. Didn't know how to do it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's not lasers.

Laser stands for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Since you are dealing with the sun, it's very hard to amplify the light produced beyond it's current magnitude.

What you are probably seeing are artifacts from a defect in the lens as it orbits the sun. Notice how the line remains straight, but the perspective changes. You won't catch it on video, because the human eye can't see beyond 32 FPS, but on the stills it's obvious.

You are onto something here, nothing Tron related, but if you were to capture images from a 20 second vid, you'd be able to see the natural progression of the rotation of the lens. I'd recommend setting .5 second increments, and you'll see how the rotation of the camera in orbit follows a predicted path. The artifacts will rotate in a predictable manner.

It's refreshing to see your interest in heliography. Expound on it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Okay, I'll try the .5 , I think I did the video at a month increment though. Probably why it didn't come out so good. Still looking for the thick laser tron. (:lol
From the looks of it, it does look like laser a tron a bit. Weird and interesting.

new topics

top topics

join