It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I was wondering how it is even possible that the police are free to assault innocent people just standing around. I've been watching videos like www.youtube.com... and I can't understand who gives the police authority, I mean they are supposed to protect the citizens if there's a threat, but I see no threat here, just the police beating innocent people, and it's not a rare occasion that such things happen, there are loads of videos, just search "police brutality", but the thing is, this only happens in America and the UK. And the people don't seem to care unless they are the victims. They watch their fellow citizens being beaten up. Is this what the people of the most "civilized" countries in the world are supposed to be like? Is what the police are doing even constitutional? And most importantly, if it's wrong, why hasn't it changed?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately for all the police hating seen on ATS most people still trust them and will assume if you're being beaten by cops you deserve it just as they assume arrest equates to guilt.

If police only operated on threats 90% of our laws and regulations wouldnt exist.

The government operates on the promise of a population ruled by irrational fears. One that is willing to jump through as many mental/ethical/religious hoops as necessary to justify their irrational fears.

The politicians, government, police, even teachers, labor-unions, etc.. are all too willing to capitalize on that irrational fear and even turn it into direct threats for the promise of more power and money granted to them by the largely stupid public.

Tackle and beat Johnny for a plant.
Teachers demand you accept a tax increase or your kids will turn to crime.
Cops demand you accept a tax increase or your kids will be stolen or murdered.
Firefighters demand you accept a tax increase or your homes will burn.
City Hall demand you accept a tax increase or streets will cave into sinkholes, water mains will flood your lands, hobos will pester you for change, oversight of corruption will lapse costing even more, their crony buddies wont get all the contracts, and the sun wont shine.
Everyone's taxed out and these groups want even more so the banks step in and graciously offer to loan operating funds.
Now you pay your taxes to the bank.
Now the police work for the bank.
Now the firefighters work for the bank.
Now the teachers work for the bank.

Irrational fear allows this to happen.

Police beating on someone is wonderfully illustrative of the grand pointlessness of this system. The benevolent protector slapping you around for causing no harm and sending you a bill for the privilege.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
While there are a "few" good apples on the police force, they are doing there job,
And that's to protect the law. I know people are going to
Say there's good cops etc... there all the same when
They decide to join a force where the job description
Is to serve and protect not its citizens but the law.
Only the law.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

And if people say anything at the scene they get the anger of the policemen's hyped-up excitement fix aimed at them. As most people have never beaten down another human being, they live in a very different universe/headspace than the policemen who have experienced this. It's easier to kick around someone if you've done it before, but the difference between watching it happen and saying something to stop it is pretty big for the general public.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well..... My opinion is all police are not bad! The problem however is given their level of authority amongst us, they cannot afford to have bad cops! Cause hey lets be real, if ONE cant be trusted NONE can be trusted. I know of no police officer that can say with a straight face, to trust ALL police. Police officers know they have bad apples in the barrel.

So how do you fix it?

We cant! Lol

The police ( for lack of better words) must police them selves. Dare i say IA effeciency. Corruption reaches deeply into all state and federal agencies.

In the end, the only thing you can do is protect yourself.

Stay frosty!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rolci
..."police brutality", but the thing is, this only happens in America and the UK.

Here's the problem. This is either the greatest example of naiveté or the greatest example of disingenuity. Do just a little more research and you'll find evidence of much greater violence perpetrated by governments on The People, all over the world.

Before someone decides to jump on me for that statement, I'm not saying that police here should be allowed to arbitrarily assault anyone. But, before making such a statement, you should really at least think about its veracity.

Another thing, before using extremely short video clips to support your position, always consider all possibilities of what happened before the clip begins.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I mean they are supposed to protect the citizens if there's a threat, but I see no threat here,

No; the role of the police is to enforce the law. That also means they are required to enforce an individuals rights. This means the police are obligated to enforce the rights of bystanders and they should do this by arresting flow police to assult bystanders and charge them with common assult. The individuals concerned also have a right to sue the individual police office for damages under the law of tort if nothing else.

Bystanders need to assist with this process by being a witness for person assulted by police under the circumstances you describe.

They watch their fellow citizens being beaten up.

In the situation the US and the UK are in they now cannot intervene and prevent the police from assulting innocent bystanders but they can contact the assulted person later and offer to give evidence in court on their behalf.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Police are getting worse because they are being trained by Israeli military.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The anti-law enforcement talking heads want to be able to push the limits of the law, refuse to obey, say and do infuriating things, and expect a police officer to do the right thing each and every time with only the minimum force and control require each time..

Do as I say, not as I do...EVERY TIME.

To get that sort of police force, you'll have to pay much more to fund the training and attract higher caliber people. So I propose a 1% gross income tax to pay for this.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Open letter to LEO

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PAc/Patriot miss beliefs and so much more

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both of these threads will explain the situation and the law, how and why they can do what they do and how and why you have volunteered for the current slavery you are under. Crazy till you fully understand the law(s) that apply and whom they apply.

edit on 14-4-2012 by drmeola because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Believe it or not most LEOs do a really good job. There are bad apples everywhere and even some cities and counties where force is corrupt pretty much from the top down. I think the one of the biggest problems we have in the US is a justice system that is becoming increasingly inept of serving justice and more focused on making profits hence all the bad laws on the books. Non-violent drug offenders make the system a ton of money. Once a person gets in the system or placed on probation they have all sorts of loopholes to keep them on probation, thus continuing to pay the system.

Most police want to do their job, keep people safe, take violent criminals off the street, render first aid, ect.. However with all the red tape, and the pressure from their superiors to make arrests make 'serving and protecting' much more difficult that it ever has been.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The problems arise when "good" cops refuse to weed out the bad apples in their midst. I put good in quotation marks because good cops do not exist. Cops just refuse to take out their own trash. They will not stand up and do the right thing.
edit on 4-14-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to appeal to a hipper audience.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

In the end, the only thing you can do is protect yourself.

Guilty until proven innocent
You Know when the police read you your rights and then ask you if you have anything to say
The reply you give should be
Please Don't Hit Me Again Officer

Cran

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Who is "policing" the Police?
Rhetorical Question............

top topics

join