It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An important message to Drivers...(Warning Graphic content)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This video was painful to watch...

Please for Keep your eyes on the road while you're driving...

Your life can change in an instant...

This video was taken by a dashboard camera. See how quickly your life could change by taking your eyes off the road for a split second. Please think about this the next time you see someone texting, reading a book, or putting on their make-up while driving. Or simply driving too fast for conditions. Please share this with any loved ones who drive. This is reality!!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

WOW! I'm at a loss for words concerning the damage done to that vehicle. God rest their souls.

Using the phone while driving is super dangerous, but in this case I think it was ice.
Who knows.

I just watched it again, how in the heck does a SUV just shred apart? Crazy man Crazy.
edit on 10-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

tons upon tons plus speed equals a lot of energy...
most passenger cars are not tested for that kind of impact!...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Did the driver survive?

Couple years ago we had a horrific car accident in front of our school. Our elderly volunteer crossing guard was struck and killed by a parent who had just dropped off their child. Here's the really terrible part: the driver's window was iced over and he only cleared a small portion to see with. The crossing guard would have been noticed if the entire windsheild had been cleared. Even worse, several of our students witnessed the whole thing.

Be careful out there, folks.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakshowfatty
reply to post by GmoS719

tons upon tons plus speed equals a lot of energy...
most passenger cars are not tested for that kind of impact!...

Well, Yeah I understand that. It's just crazy to see it happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I once over-corrected in snowy-slick conditions on a crowded interstate highway. My car hit no other car, and none hit my car. I slid gratefully across road shoulder and down the embankment. A jeep which followed me got back on the highway quickly, but I had to wait awhile for help. Dumb luck.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Did the driver survive?

Couple years ago we had a horrific car accident in front of our school. Our elderly volunteer crossing guard was struck and killed by a parent who had just dropped off their child. Here's the really terrible part: the driver's window was iced over and he only cleared a small portion to see with. The crossing guard would have been noticed if the entire windsheild had been cleared. Even worse, several of our students witnessed the whole thing.

I think its safe to assume the driver did not survive...

He's pretty much a grease spot...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow, I am at a loss for words here. Hmm, Why on Earth was there not a barrier? Beside that question, that SUV was going too fast for the present conditions.I wonder how many people were in that vehicle

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I once over-corrected in snowy-slick conditions on a crowded interstate highway. My car hit no other car, and none hit my car. I slid gratefully across road shoulder and down the embankment. A jeep which followed me got back on the highway quickly, but I had to wait awhile for help. Dumb luck.

Good for you that nothing happened to you.
If only these people had your "dumb luck"

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Did the driver survive?

I'm in no way trying to be a smart a** but how could you watch that and not KNOW that
the driver didn't survive?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wow, that must be the worst accident I have ever seen on video, impact wise.

Did anyone notice how lucky the car filming this was to not get hit by oncoming traffic? Take a look at the video and this still

If that car caught traction, the guy filming could have been involved in a head on!

This is why I drive ultra cautious when it has snowed or the roads may be icy, cause stuff happens in the blink of an eye!

edit on 10-4-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by Akragon

Wow, that must be the worst accident I have ever seen on video, impact wise.

Did anyone notice how lucky the car filming this was to not get hit by oncoming traffic? Take a look at the video and this still

If that car caught traction, the guy filming could have been involved in a head on!

This is why I drive ultra cautious when it has snowed or the roads may be icy, cause stuff happens in the blink of an eye!

edit on 10-4-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

The same thing came to my mind. And I bet his too.
Could you hear him freaking out? PTSD much? I'm traumatized myself lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
we JUST watched this video. its goin around youtube. took us completely by surprise. if they survived, and i hope they didnt because its goin to be a long, long, painful road for whomever. that was in no way meant in a bad way. sometimes an accident is so bad its better to hope they passed quickly than to live in pain. and from this, they would most definitely be living in a nightmare. i was raised in washington, and that looked like washington from the trees. i know, but it just looks so much like the passes there. anyway, you really have to give those roads your full attention otherwise this could happen. be safe people. just because your road isnt iced over dont mean it couldnt happen. most accidents happen within 10 to 15 miles from your home. know why? because its where most are laxadasical and most comfortable, therefore, dont pay as much attention.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
That's why a center divider would be a good idea. Any accident with a semi is going to be bad. I once saw a car as flat as a pancake after a semi drove over it like a speedbump. I almost met the same fate as a semi was going to cut me off, not my fault he just couldn't see my small black civic, but thankfully I moved out of the way in time.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
drive like the SHTF in the world and theres no worrys

I drive like my life is on the line everytime, or like i'm a cop.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Did the driver survive?

I'm in no way trying to be a smart a** but how could you watch that and not KNOW that
the driver didn't survive?

I was hoping for a miracle. Car crash with survivors

The driver survived the wreck in that video.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That was pretty horrific.

God rest their souls. I live in Eastern Canada and have seen plenty of accidents on the highway because of driving to fast for the conditions and all sorts of other reasons. I and my family have been firefighters for a long time, I personally have been one for almost ten years, and we are the first responders to accidents like this. I have seen some things that would turn a grown mans stomach and give him nightmares for the rest of his life. I have wrote on these forums about driving fast but I am very aware of conditions. On roads like we see in that video, I would be driving at 10 to 20 kms an hour under the speed limit. I've seen up close what happens when you drive to fast for the road conditions. Remember, posted speed limits are for ideal conditions, not for winter time or rainy or foggy. Slow down, for God's sake. That is if you're not interested in meeting Him. I would like to never have to respond to another car crash again but I know I will. People have this idea that they are all NASCAR drivers and can handle a car at speeds far past their true abilities.

new topics

top topics

join