It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman's attorneys: 'We've lost contact with Zimmerman'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Very Very weird. Dont know what to make of this. Any thoughts? Does this changethe way you feel about his guilt or self defense claim?

I for one think this smells of problems with his story. I had my doubts from the beginning, but now I think this tells more of the story...

Lets keep this civil folks

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

He's running scared pure and simple. He knows that when the police that saw him that night and at the station are in front of the court they will tell the truth about the injuries and it will be there wasn't any. I thought (and kinda still do) that the reason his lawyers dumped him was because of non-payment or no communication on how he was going to pay for the defense. Now it seems that maybe they left because he called the state attorney and Fox news and said stuff that makes it harder for them in trial.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't think he's running anywhere, He's already in custody.

www.reuters.com...

I'm looking forward to Zimmerman's "Fair" trial.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStonerMessiah

Casey Anthiony got one. Yes I am too, when the hard evidence comes out i wanna see if Zim supporters still stand by him.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Casey Anthiony got one. Yes I am too, when the hard evidence comes out i wanna see if Zim supporters still stand by him.

Hard evidence? That is a good one, one of the best i have heard on this thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For those who want more info -
Florida Statutes - Crimes - Homicide Chapter

Murder

(2) The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3) When a person is killed in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any:
(a) Trafficking offense prohibited by s. 893.135(1),

(b) Arson,

(c) Sexual battery,

(d) Robbery,

(e) Burglary,

(f) Kidnapping,

(g) Escape,

(h) Aggravated child abuse,

(i) Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult,

(j) Aircraft piracy,

(k) Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb,

(l) Carjacking,

(m) Home-invasion robbery,

(n) Aggravated stalking,

(o) Murder of another human being,

(p) Resisting an officer with violence to his or her person, or

(q) Felony that is an act of terrorism or is in furtherance of an act of terrorism,

by a person other than the person engaged in the perpetration of or in the attempt to perpetrate such felony, the person perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate such felony is guilty of murder in the second degree, which constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

In order to be charged, Zimmerman's actions must violate the elements above. For those not familiar with how this works a person must violate elements of the law in order to be charged. When reading a statute there are 2 important words - "and" as well as "or".

When you see "and" it means everything listed must be met in order to charge a person with a violation.
When you see the word "or" it means a person must only violate parts of the law in order to be charged.

In this case its based on section O - murder of another human being.

Also the way the law is worded is like the stand your ground law. A person can violate the law unless a person is violating it at the time of contact.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Is it possible Zimmerman may in fact be guilty? Just maybe? Maybe?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Originally posted by ker2010

Hard evidence? That is a good one, one of the best i have heard on this thread.

When it comes out that Trayvons mom, dad, girlfriend, other friends had voice recordings of him and its analyzed and shown that it is indeed Trayvon screaming for his life, will you consider that hard evidence? Im sure you wont.

Just because we don't know ALL the evidence, doesn't mean there isn't MORE evidence. Shucks, it may even support Zimmerman. LOL, I doubt it. The autopsy and forensic reports will also be interesting...but that isn't hard evidence either to you, I suppose?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deranged74

Is it possible Zimmerman may in fact be guilty? Just maybe? Maybe?

Its possible.. Its a question for a judge and or jury to answer.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think most of the martin supporters are indeed willing to admit if the evidence comes forth that he was acting in self defense we will take it and move on..

On the other hand seems zimmermen fans will not take anything less than a video of zimmerman shooting tray in the back before they will budge a inch for their hero

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I think most of the martin supporters are indeed willing to admit if the evidence comes forth that he was acting in self defense we will take it and move on..

Based on how Jackson and Sharpton have behaved somehow I doubt it. Based on the Black Panthers and their actions and lack of criminal investigation into them I doubt it.

On the other hand seems zimmermen fans will not take anything less than a video of zimmerman shooting tray in the back before they will budge a inch for their hero

He is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law not a court of public opinion. The simple fact the 1st prosecutor declined to charge based on lack of evidence is going to come up.

However regardless of thoughts on both sides, we do not know for sure what occured from the moment of contact to the moment police arrived on scene.

This is going to be an uphill battle for the prosecution...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Libertygal

I wish people would shut the hell up about the MSM. I dont care about the edited 911 calls, the pictures of the younger Trayvon, Al Shaprton, the Black Panthers etc etc.

Im going based on the FACTS we have, the facts that the MSM has nothing to do with. And so far the facts say Zimmerman was basically let go based on his word alone that it was self defense. If another witness comes forth and says Martin swung first and started beating him to death then my opinion would be different as to his guilt, but he still would be a ^%ssy in my mind lol.

Sorry Zims words are not good enough to me.

Support Zimmerman all you like but even if he was self defending he is weak, a punk and a coward and ill stand by that opinion regardless of how this turns out.

Martin in ALL of his pictures even the very recent ones was not someone who any capable grown man should have to shoot in a altercation. Keyword being capable.

If Zimmerman could not defend himself without a gun against that skinny kid no wonder he failed at attempting to be a cop.

Some hero but continue to prompt him up.

And btw you may be right I already said it in another thread he may know he is not being prosecuted and they are giving him time to get out of town.

He still is a weak punk imo but their are no laws against being a %$ssy
edit on 11-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

My man (or woman) THIS maybe the BEST post in this thread and is something that is not talked about.

How could he as a GROWN MAN....allow a 140lb kid whip his butt??? When he himself is over 200lbs? The only way that could happen is if he INTENTIONALLY picked a fight and then allowed Martin to beat him.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

We have different opinions. I will confidently state IF the prosecution proves it was Martin screaming for help on the 911 tapes Zimmermens goose is cooked.

Its proves he lied, and it also proves martin was the one who was feeling threatened with his life.

Just have to wait and see,

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Second degree Murder?

I hope Justice will be served.

Um, just can't wait to say - "told you so..."
edit on 11/4/12 by Decronite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decronite
Second degree Murder.

Justice has been served.

Um, told you so...

lol you really don't know how the legal system works do you?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I agree, i was bought up that you handle a fist fight with your fists and both people lived to see another day. Only the coward went and grabbed a gun and shoots the unarmed man..

Each generation in America is getting softer and softer and less honorable. Its a anything goes as long as your the winner mentality.

Guys like DavidWillts and other Zimermeniots are proof of this.
edit on 11-4-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would run too because the hole community of blacks is after him and the news is making him look guilty already

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

Fair enough... People should keep in mind that info that has been released may not necessarily be allowed in as evidence. As the PA pointed out there was a lot of restricted / privileged information that was leaked to the media.

Those actions can have an impact on the prosecution and if severe enough damage results from those actions could result in the PA's case falling apart.

In general for anyone -

The defense's first action is to file a motion of discovery. This requires the PA to turn over every single bit of evidence they have. The defense goes through that information and starts to challenge evidence in terms of its legality. They (defense) will also look to see if there is any other plausible explanation for other pieces of evidence (IE prosecution argues how they think the info fits to support their case and defense will offer other possibilities that lead to a different conclusion).

hence the requirement of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Was it collected properly
Was chain of custody maintained
Was any evidence collected in violation of the law / standards of evidence

etc etc etc...

Any evidence challenged goes before the judge with the 2 sides and they argue it out as why it should or should not be included. Those arguments are based on totality of the circumstances and are guided by case law. The judge decides if the evidence is in or out. Eventually all the preliminary hearings / challenges are completed and it goes to trial from there.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
He is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law not a court of public opinion. The simple fact the 1st prosecutor declined to charge based on lack of evidence is going to come up.

However regardless of thoughts on both sides, we do not know for sure what occured from the moment of contact to the moment police arrived on scene.

This is going to be an uphill battle for the prosecution...

I think not. The simple fact that the lead police investigator, who interviewed GZ after the shooting and wanted to arrest and charge him right then because he didn't believe his story, will also carry great weight. The detective, I believe, filed an affidavit recording his desire to charge, and disagreement with the decision not to do so.

A very concise timeline can be constructed from the moment that GZ made the 911 call to the second that Trayvon's conversation with his girlfriend was terminally interrupted. From what I've seen there isn't nearly enough time for GZ's concocted scenario to have unfolded.

Then, you have the autopsy report which will probably show that Trayvon was shot in the back. Add that the coming voice confirmations that the person crying for help was Trayvon, and not GZ, and you have a conviction.

link   

Had to edit my statement, as he has only been charged (late here and ready for bed).

For the sake of politics, I am sure this case will drag on and on for some time...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

If a negro come in my neighborhood and i was neighborhood watch and he attack me i would shoot him too and if u dont think that if u a white person would walk in their hood and they wouldn't shoot u then u need a reality check. Go at night in their hood and pick a fight see what happens

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join