It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A deranged, lunatic, maniac man is following me…what do I do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
From the OP title, my first thought was:

STOP trying to steal Tom Cruises' girlfriend!

But yeah, I've talked this over with my kids many times, they have good instinct's, I think that is important. You know that feeling when there's some shifty looking weirdo walking down the street past you (who could technically be nice)? Whenever they have gone far enough past us, my kids quite often say "that man made me feel scared" or something similar.
I think a lot of that is just a built in genetic survival tool on its own.
So long as they can see a situation about to happen, it gets that gear ready in them for fight or flight. (I've told my girls to "peg it, cause girls can't fight" and then stick out my tongue at them. This is followed by my arms being sore damaged and bruised appendages of pain for the next few days after they have a "oh yeah - ka-thunp" boxing competition of who hits hardest... on me...

I got to say, I fear anyone who gets on the wrong side of those tiny fists of fury!
(but yeah, run it to nearest safety house (we have signs in OZ) is their first tactic)

edit on 9-4-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

Thank God for parents like you.
A parent should never have to bury there child. It’s a lot of creeps out here, and a lot of parents don’t educate there kids on methods of protecting them selves in many scenarios that will come there way.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
take the candy and run

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
take the candy and run

I woudnt expect nothing more from you.Thats perfect lil zimmermen prodigy, a flag for you

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Cheers! Yeah, as soon as an inkling of something's not right, they must act FAST. By the time that door closes, its far too late, they won't even have that chance to think 'I should have acted as soon as he started talking to me', because once that door is shut, the terror would be un-imaginable.

Yes, its kind of wrong to judge people - but screw that. I tell my kids that even though I'm a grown man, there are people that make me scared inside. Nothing wrong with that. There's such a thing as having some healthy fear. Also, in a few more years time my girls will put some healthy fear in any boys that try and take advantage of them.

Its those cotton-wool kids that only get read books like "Happy Little Peoples" that take too long to realize their in trouble until its too late. Hansel & Gretel type books (the earlier creepier ones) are invaluable tools for the earlier youngsters.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You gotta be kidding me right! This is so simple here in New England we teach this in elementary school, we call it Stop Drop and Roll.

First STOP,

Then DROP to one knee.

* At this point make sure your friends are NOT on the right side of you!

**Draw your sidearm and double tap your target twice in their center mass. (Most worthy sidearms will cap 10 rounds in the clip alone. Just enough to accommodate the would be accomplice and or homies).

ROLL (Retrieve their ID's and Valuables.)

Call Dad.

*As not to burn them with your expending brass.

**It is imperative that the defender identifies the targets backstop in case of a miss.(the closer the better, let your target naturally move into a safe backstop. A tree, empty car or wall/hillside are great backstops. This will not only ensure your friends safety, but mine as well

I am truly sorry ATS, But I had too. Hope I brought on a laugh

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Personally, In the past relationships I've had with women with kids I've got the kids interested in martial arts, took them to a few classes to watch, made a positive thing of it and just got them (and their friends) interested. Also taught them the usual stuff about don't talk to strangers, scream, fight etc. They really got into the martial arts stuff. With the martial arts stuff (I know some 'jeet kun do' and some 'krav maga' from working as a bouncer) so I taught them some of that as well. Even though the attacker may be armed and much larger than them they still might be an opportunity to be able to stun/injure/kill an attacker and escape. Short of giving your child guns, knives, etc I think the education and training is the best you can do.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Put them in a Shotokan Karate class and let Sensei teach them what to do.

My kids were taught all kinds of painful things to do to unfriendly adults and I am glad they are on my side.

K

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
To be serious for a moment, I have told my two daughters to make as much noise as possible, kick, bite, scream whatever they can do to draw attention to the situation. If they are being followed, they need to walk up to the nearest house and ring the doorbell. Anything to put a would be assailant off balance....

I know the predators have always been there but in today's 24/7 news cycle it would seem that these goons are getting bolder and more determined based on the number of stories that we are now reading from all parts of the nation. It's a dangerous world nowadays.

A good tool to give any kid is a Fox 40 howler or jet scream whistle. They can be easily attached to a backpack or worn around the neck. Loud enough to drive anyone away and loud enough to get noticed. I carry one on my key chain.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Do you have kids, and after,hearing the story on zimmerman, would you think twice about telling your child that?

Yes, I have kids.
The Zimmerman incident does not change my stance, not one iota.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

In the local child safety classes thats what we teach, to scream and run, if grabbed we teach hold breaking techniques with a local taekwondo instructor. The noise making has been proven to be the number one defense strategy for children in an abduction scenario. We have them practice the scream or yell. Many kids are really very inhibited and wont yell.. even when you tell them they are allowed to.. it was strange to me when we first started this because my OWN kids couldnt stop yelling.
Seriously though, once the kids are in a vehicle or taken from the abduction spot, the odds go down for a good outcome. Whatever the child can do to get away from the attacker is game on and screaming and running is taught first.

I will add this, a lot of kids think if they have a cell they are safe.. they can call for help. We actually had kids in class and PARENTS that claimed this was sufficient. We played a little game where I rushed the kid and grabbed him/her.. and took the cell away. No call for help and Id already subdued the kid and prevented them from screaming or running before they could get the cell ready to call anyone. Id say pretend this is my car.. and stepped into the area we had marked for car or vehicle.. while carrying their completely subdued child. Then we let the kid call someone and I did the same.. before the kid could tell the person on the line what was happening.. same thing. I hope they got the point.. mainly these parents.

.... so scream, yell, holler, blow whistles, whatever..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The poster above me said it all.

Be as loud as you can be, and draw attention, it is sometimes the best offense.

vvv

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Disarm and pistol whip that sob if possible lol

No my sons a bit young for that.....at the moment lol but he's been well trained

But certainly get straight on the cell phone to me and head for home or the nearest know house/neighbour/safe public place
Then use of findmyfriends/findmyiphone for me to track him down ( must have apps for kids and parents ! )
And also approach police of civil servants if possible ( fire ambulance hell even a traffic warden )
Or if near home to the armed guards on patrol

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My wife and I have trained our daughter that if she thinks she is in danger, she is to look for a woman who has children with her and run to her and ask for help.

If she is grabbed, she will start swinging knees and elbows while screaming "this is not my dad". If he puts a hand over her mouth, she knows to bite hard enough to sever a finger.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This seems like a no-brainer? I will tell my kids to stay in a busy area and contact the authorities as quickly as possible. Don't go anywhere alone, don't confront the person, etc. Call 9/11, and call me as soon as possible.

Now, on a more rednecky note. If this person does have some kind of authorization, and the authorities can't or won't help, and it happens more than one random time, then that person will have to go away. Whatever that means, or whatever has to happen to protect my child, so be it. I will advise them to not confront a stalker, but I will have no problem stalking the stalker.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
considering the thread section is Survival, and someone is following you who is allegedly deranged, loony, and maniac, I would recommend telling the authorities.

Otherwise
TAKE EM OUT!
edit on 10-4-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
considering the thread section is Survival, and someone is following you who is allegedly deranged, loony, and maniac, I would recommend telling the authorities.

Otherwise
TAKE EM OUT!
edit on 10-4-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

No you let Dad handle that, he will have more success and won't get caught. The kid is just supposed to stay in crowded areas, alert authorities, and alert Dad.

Bundy had a trek through my town here, and all these years later the scars are still present. Urban Legends, but legends that are all too real and true! The scariest part is how careless and sloppy Bundy was, and how he still got a way with it for a long time. Imagine how long the good criminals are operating undetected.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What do you tell your kids to do, when they are being followed BY A COMPLETE STRANGER, that has a gun, and does not have a badge or uniform to back it up, as far as authority and respect is concerned for law in the United States of America.

Run away in a zig zag pattern.

Oh wait, you were serious. On a serious note, why not just come out and say what you were trying to say? You;ll get plenty of support, and attacks of course, if you do. Why try to veil it as such?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have read that children usually get up-ducted by someone they know and trust. the child must be aware of this fact. My girlfriend argues that the high stats for missing kids is due to a large number of upset parents breaking the law to be with there child? I personally think they are taken for ritual safrifice by un-prosecuteable members of society.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
i put this in the survival section because its a matter of survival...i guess!

www.missingkids.com...

800,000 children younger than 18 are missing each year, or an average of 2,000 children reported missing each day. 200,000 children were abducted by family members. 58,000 children were abducted by nonfamily members, and 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know, or knows only slightly, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.

Not to derail your thread, but 2,000 children a day is 730,000. Subtracting the rest of the known abduction figures, what is happening with the remaining 472,000 children? That is a HUGE figure not falling into the abduction category. Are they ALL runaways???? Just wondering.

On topic, many children are trained at an early age to not talk to strangers. Which is a double edged sword. Because in escaping a dangerous stranger, they may be forced to approach another stranger, which they know nothing about and contradicts their training. It's difficult to teach a child to be alert and act on dangerous situations while at the same time not making them so paranoid they can't leave your side.

I taught my children to seek out a mother with a child if at all possible if they could not get to me or a friend. Fortunately, my kids never experienced any danger and are now healthy happy adults.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Throw anything you can at them...shoes, rocks, small furry animals! Oh and run but really you should know that...

On a less comedic note...call the authorities.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join