It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you see 10-20$ falling off someone pocket ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I gave someone their iphone they left behind today. I went to the local burger joint to get some lunch when I had to use the restroom. The door was locked and I had to wait like 5 solid minutes when one of the workers at the place walked out. I entered and noticed a white iphone sitting on top of the toilet paper dispenser. I did my duty and gave the guy his iphone back. Needless to say he was on fries and I got upgraded to a large..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Actually, experienced this....sawww a 20 drop from a lady standing in the line to go to the cashier, I picked it up and gave it to her.....would always do that.

If you keep it your a scumbag.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If I saw it fall out of their pocket or it was evident that the person in proximity might have lost it, of course I'd give it back, or ask if it was theirs. I would never think otherwise, it's just my ethics, or how I'm wired, as are most people. For all the doom and gloom purveyed on this site, I still have faith in people and the human condition. I believe most people in this culture and some others are by nature apt to be kind and honest. But I might also be in a minority, and I know that sounds like a contradiction, never the less, I'd choose honesty.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you saw who dropped it, then you give it back.
It isn't about determining youre entitlement.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If I see who it belonged to then I give it back. If there is no-one around, then it's open game. And I wouldn't do it because I would expect someone to do the same for me- nor in case of any outcome. It just seems fair. It's kinda like holding a door open. If I'm going through a door I'll look to see if anyone is behind me and hold the door so it doesn't slam in their face. But I won't go out of my way to hold a door open for someone- unless they are in need of assistance. It just seems fair that way.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Give it back. You never know one day, you might be the victim of someone mirroring your actions
peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'd give it back, if the owner is unaware of it happening. What else?

Speaks volumes for the economic state in the States and the mindset of its people if they find the choice between maintaining their principles and integrity over a few pitiful dollars such a vexing quandary.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Imagine if it was your money? maybe your passport, some old persons pension money ?

Thankfully god loves variety and we are all not the same..

"Every little helps", let's help one another- give it back as you never know it might happen to you.

i'ts wot i would do people...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
To anyone who says "I'd take it"... think about this before you actually do it. What if that person doesn't have much money left and they have a young child at home with a severe bronchial infection and they need that money to pay for the prescription antibiotics? What if it's a single mother who only has twenty dollars left for the rest of the week to buy food for her children? What if it's a person who has been saving hundreds of dollars for months to get their dog or cat a life saving operation? Imagine picking up that money they dropped, and that person having to go home and tell their children that the family pet's health is going to deteriorate even more now because the money is gone.

Call me a hippie, call me a wimp, whatever. I don't care. Thinking about things like this almost brings tears to my eyes.

PLEASE think about the consequences that could result from dishonest actions. Stop being selfish and realize that just because somebody drops something, it doesn't mean that you are entitled to have it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
To anyone who says "I'd take it"... think about this before you actually do it. What if that person doesn't have much money left and they have a young child at home with a severe bronchial infection and they need that money to pay for the prescription antibiotics? What if it's a single mother who only has twenty dollars left for the rest of the week to buy food for her children? What if it's a person who has been saving hundreds of dollars for months to get their dog or cat a life saving operation? Imagine picking up that money they dropped, and that person having to go home and tell their children that the family pet's health is going to deteriorate even more now because the money is gone.

Call me a hippie, call me a wimp, whatever. I don't care. Thinking about things like this almost brings tears to my eyes.

PLEASE think about the consequences that could result from dishonest actions. Stop being selfish and realize that just because somebody drops something, it doesn't mean that you are entitled to have it.

i would call you a respectable person with his head on his shoulders .

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

Originally posted by kidohno
wat is that nonsense?? it is u

I'm sorry dude I really don't understand your posts - i've read them a few times now over different pages and I'm struggling. I take it English isn't your first language?

as i have to read that few times over to get wat u r saying, that nonsense is me instead of u

english is surely not ur first language, since u cant realize such simple one mean straight in one sentence

contrary to me, that manage to say straight absolute facts from being relative free individual right, myself

u prove how language doesnt matter at all, since what matter from u is only u, never who u r talking to or meaning

I still don't understand what you're trying to say. Not trying to be rude. Sorry mate.
edit on 11-4-2012 by kidohno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kidohno

when language doesnt matter then saying that u dont understand is giving a compliment to another

that is how teachers live

so how is that being rude, is smthg that u r while not my business n never interested to hear a word about

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

reply to post by kidohno

when language doesnt matter then saying that u dont understand is giving a compliment to another

so how is that being rude, is smthg that u r while not my business n never interested to hear a word about

??? What is your first language, perhaps I can try and translate.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

using another to pretend giving smthg to everyone is what translate ur language life

since u cant do any by urself then the may be is when u will b forced to b released from trying

throwing dirt on others dont make ur existence just to take them out, on the contrary it makes existence just to take u out

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

using another to pretend giving smthg to everyone is what translate ur language life

since u cant do any by urself then the may be is when u will b forced to b released from trying

throwing dirt on others dont make ur existence just to take them out, on the contrary it makes existence just to take u out

Alright.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

There are two possibilities here. Either this guy has suffered a debilitating stroke, or I need to start getting more sleep
His sentences are like a quilt of words randomly chosen by flipping through a dictionary.

Originally posted by denver22
i would call you a respectable person with his head on his shoulders .

Thank you! It's refreshing to see that there is still an abundance of honest people out there. I suppose I said that because I'm just used to so many people putting up that 'tough' image on the internet. Usually in threads like this the honest people are insulted. Maybe I've just been exposed to too much negativity on boards like 4chan over the years

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I am just going to be honest here. It is easy for us to say, "Oh yeah, I'd give it back".... But when you are in the situation, and no one is looking, you might be thinking differently. I think there could be a lot of other factors that should be considered. How badly do I need the money? How badly do THEY need the money? What would I use it on? Things like that.

Where I stand now, is that if I see the person drop it, I will give it back to them...But if I just find money lying on the ground... I admit, I would probably keep it....

If it were a very large some of money Id consider turning it in. But money is tight enough that I would consider keeping it to.

It really just depends on so much.

I do think it does depend on whether you see someone actually drop something or whether you happen to be walking along in a park somewhere and a $20 bill is laying there. You might look around to see if someone was about that could have dropped it, but once you knew there was no one to return it to you probably would put it in you pocket and consider it a gift from God or whatever higher power you believe in.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

how is it random words use when it is a reply to previous post words, hypocrit random payroll for extra quality real dirt, enjoy that reality u already accomplish of such extras, it is ur futur building, just a push from the other way and u r inn forever

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Xaphan

how is it random words use when it is a reply to previous post words, hypocrit random payroll for extra quality real dirt, enjoy that reality u already accomplish of such extras, it is ur futur building, just a push from the other way and u r inn forever

hahaha... you're a wind up merchant

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I now realize that I have been trolled. Well played, absolutely.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join