It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you see 10-20$ falling off someone pocket ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Do you keep it .. finder keepers ?
Do you give it back to the person who lost it ?

It is your choice but its also a perfect occasion to show exemple to others

Just saw someone with headphones going to the elevator
droping a big 10$ bills directly in front of me at my feet when he pick up is access card
never saw he droped the bill and continued walking to the elevator

So .. i had to follow him to the elevator
saying hey .. you lost something brother
never heard me the first and second time ..
was totaly in his world listening to his music lol
i had to put the bill right in front of his face
he finally took it and say "oh thanks"

In my mind when i saw it .. no doubts about giving it back
i could have bought a smoke pack .. or a 12inch subway for diner
im not rich .. free money is always welcome
but better feel proud then ashame
and its always better to show good exemple then bad
if you want good karma coming to you .. you have to do good karma to others

I always feel very alive doing good actions like this
not the first time and not the last

but if the bill was already there on the ground .. didnt see who dropped it
will not search the whole building to know who lost 10$

What would you have done in my place ?
just curious

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Since i am wealthy i would give it back no question. If it was a thousand bucks, I'd probably keep it.

If i was broke, I'd keep the $10.

Your situation will always determine your motives.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Give it back.

Besides, you never know...maybe there'll be a reward

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would have done the same thing. Saw something similar the other day - a woman was getting a drink for a kid she was taking care of and dropped her platinum business debit card on the ground and walked away... it never crossed my mind that she wouldn't need that card back.

If I see someone drop something, I will chase them down to give it to them. Every time. Because, that's what I'd want someone to do if I dropped something.

Now, if I find $10 on the ground and nobody is anywhere, I just look at that as $10 that I was supposed to find. And, interestingly, when I find money on the ground I usually use it to get something that will help someone else.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I once seen a orthodox jew dropping a $50 dollar bill and he was gonna get in a cab so i grabbed it from the floor and just gave it to him.... and I didnt have a lot of money for myself at the time.... but I did what was right...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Have and will do the same thing you did.
What if it is that persons last $10.00?
You just never know, but I believe in karma.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I'm with you. If I see the person drop it, whatever "it" is, I will do my best to get it back to them.

If I just happen to find a goodie, it's mine.

Karma both ways, I figure.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I always give it back. Walked in the grocery store the other day and saw a crumpled dollar bill laying on the floor. Picked it up and asked the room full of people "Anybody drop some money?" I noticed a little boy about 7 - 8 start digging in his pocket and he said "I DID!". I gave it back to him, he said Thank You, his mom said he had been saving his pennies to get some candy. That was the best feeling. My daughter was with me so it gave the extra benefit of giving her a lesson in morals.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Since i am wealthy i would give it back no question. If it was a thousand bucks, I'd probably keep it.

Ew.

Because you're wealthy (whatever that means) you have enough morals to give something back to someone who obviously lost it?

If you didn't have money, you'd keep it?

What kind of floating point conscious do you have?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01

Since you are wealthy, why would it matter if it were $10 or $1000? Why wouldn't you give the $1000 back? Or, do you mean that you are only kind of wealthy, where $1000 is still a useful amount of money?

So, you give money back only when you already have money and only if it's a small amount of money.

Actually, no. This may be true for you.

I would be more likely to give the money back if it were $1000 and more likely to give it back if I were broke.

I realize how awful it is to lose $1000 when you only make $12000/yr.

I realize how awful it is to lose the last $10 you have when you need it to buy medicine for your kid.

Sure, maybe the person who dropped the money looks at $1000 as pocket change or $10 as toilet paper. I'd still give it back.
edit on 4/9/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'd pick it up and hand it to them, always take the high road because one day the same situation could happen to you. Good karma

edit on 9-4-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When I was 16, I was standing in line at Subway when the woman in front of me dropped a 20. She had no idea and I quickly put my foot over it. I wanted to keep it because 20 bucks was a lot of money to me at the time but I ended up picking up the money and giving it back to her. I didn't want bad karma coming my way.

I am now 33. This past weekend I was at a ball game with my kids. There were a couple of older women sitting a few feet away from me. I noticed they were looking through their wallets getting money together to get some stuff from the concession stand. One of the ladies dropped 5 bucks. Again, I immediaitely picked it up and gave it back to the woman.

I don't like thieves and would not want my money taken from me if I accidentally dropped some. I do believe in Karma and I just don't feel right taking what I know is not rightfully mine. Anyone can choose to steal, I just choose not to.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

years ago i was in our local bookies
and a man in front of me pulled out
some money out of his back pocket
and a folded unknown amount fell
on the floor

well the first fing that i did was tell
the man that he had dropped his
money

he just picked it up said thanks
and put his bet on

one of my mates said what did i
do that for you d~~khead

and my reply was the money he
had in his hand was his to spend
how he saw fit

the other money that was on the
floor could of been food and clothing
for his family

so in my eyes i did the right thing
ps this really did happen
edit on 9/4/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Seems to be the general feel but I am with most people.

If I see someone drop something no matter what it is I will make the effort to give it back and if not I will make the best effort possible to give it back. Say a person jumped in a cab and I could get to it in time, I would get the number of the car and call the company and have them pass on the message that the passenger dropped something and it was recovered. In most cases I will even attempt to do the same if I find something laying on the ground if it is possible (ie a cell phone or debit/credit card). Trying to find the owner of cash is too difficult.

I just hope that if I drop something that someone will do the same for me.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

When my husband was in the Navy and stationed in Japan, he had a old man in rags running after him yelling in Japanese for about 1/2 a block. He turned around and the man handed him his wallet that had fallen out of his pocket.

My mother once found a ten dollar bill back before she died in 1962 on the ground in front of the Catholic Nursery School I went to each morning.

She handed the ten over to one of the nuns saying, "if somebody asks about missing a ten here it is."

Honor.................not many people are honorable anymore.

I recently bought something on line and complained I did not get the book.

The people said they would refund my money, which they did.

A few days later the book arrived, late.

I called the people and said that the book came and they now needed to rebill me because I did get the book.

They were really shocked. The rep said, "We don't get many honest people." I replied, "I am a strong believer in karma, I've seen what goes around comes around."

As times get harder, more and more people will resort to giving up being a honorable person - I hope I never give up my principles of being honest and kind.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would hand it back as I believe in karma. I have had people do the same for me. I have had people in front of me in the drive thru at multiple different fast food restaurants pay for my meal and have the drive thru window operator tell me the person in front paid for it and to pass it on sometime. There are numerous things I have either done or had happen to me that are similar that give me a boost in confidence that our society isn't all bad.

On another note, and different situation.....what do you do when you pay for something at a store and the clerk accidentally gives you more than what the correct amount of change was? I have had this happen as well...five a clerk a $20 for a pack of smokes and get a couple $10's and change for the $20 back. I have had it happen several times at different places and always give it back since I know that clerk would have had to come out of their own pocket or been fired for stealing had their drawer not counted out correctly at the end of the day. I figure a convenience store clerk probably really needs that job or the money more than I and it was the right thing to do.

link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

I just hope that if I drop something that someone will do the same for me.

i was in a shop our local winestore i dropped £30 quid not much iknow
but the person behind me picked it up and put it in his pocket
the reason iknow is the person behind the counter let me watch the cctv
and he was a so called freind

link   
I'd give it back.

I don't need anything so bad that I have to resort to taking it from someone else.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Some years back, I found a wallet while I was jogging in the early hours of the morning. When I opened it up, there was about $300.00 in cash. I could have easily kept the money. Instead, I looked at the guys address on his license, and went to his home later that evening. When I knocked on his door and he answered, I told him I found his wallet. He looked at me like I did something wrong. He asked me where I found it. I told him I found it jogging that morning. He got all pizzed off and asked me why I didn’t return it that morning. I told him I didn’t have the time.

The guy didn’t even say thanks. I couldn’t help but think….”What an inconsiderate a-hole”!

Even though he acted that way, it was still the right thing to do. It was the middle of March when I found it. About a month later when I was doing my taxes, I estimated my return at $3,200.00. When my wife reviewed my taxes, I somehow missed $300.00 dollars. I couldn’t help but think…”What comes around, goes around”. It was a pretty good feeling..

edit on 9-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I am a broke college student and when I see someone drop money, whatever the amount, I give it back to them. Sure, I'd love to find $20 laying on the ground. If I can't figure out who lost it within a minute or so, I'll keep it unless someone asks me if I found $ at [location].

Also, the more money I see someone drop, the more effort I put into giving it back to them. I swear, if I found $1,000,000 of untraceable cash I would do everything in my power to get it back to it's owner. It's simply not my money.

I follow the "Treat people as you would like to be treated" motto.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join