It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real intentions of the tv show Doomsday Preppers...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Okay, well...

The show is featuring people who prepare for the end of the world, and its usually some kind of natural disaster of financial collapse. Those aren't bad things to prep for, but the show almost NEVER mentions the government as being the prime threat--which is the reality of doomsday. It doesn't mention Freemasons, Illuminati, population control, pandemics or vaccines, and it only mentions martial law one time--by a girl who didn't know a DAMN thing about martial law.

It steers attention away from the government, and more towards the ideas of anarchy and crime, or natural disasters. Those are possibilities, true, but come on... major doomsday preppers should have SOME kind of education of conspiracies.

And these people are well stocked and strapped--all kinds of food, generators, water, fuel sources, weapons, vehicles, medical supplies, everything. And, the show is constantly getting reviewed and tipped by FEMA. What does that tell you?

Not only that, but I have another theory... The government recently passed something (I don't remember what its called, sorry) making it legal to take all resources, any kind of emergency resources or transportation the citizens have, away from us in the event of a national emergency... war, pandemic, disasters, ect. There are also, as was shown on Jesse Venturas Conspiracy Theory, hundreds of very wealthy people and political leaders investing in underground bunkers... almost like they're preparing for something big to happen.

Could it be that this show is promoting the idea of prepping, just so they can take our stuff from us when the SHTF?

What do you think of the show?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If Anarchy can be profitable then some will advocate it and push for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well ops.
They tend to slam the people whom don't have enough protection...so gonna go with a no. They give you a thumbs up if you are all but ninjafied with your resources and have lots of hidden guns.

If they had some secret agenda to steal your stuff in a SHTF senario, they would say something along the lines of how you need to not have any guns due to accidents or whatever..or wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Anyhow, the alternative is what...not be prepped?

As far as the "biggest threat" being the government..erm..what exaxtly is threatening about them? We elect them, we eject them. a government can try to pass legislation and if the people don't like it, they can have that politician repealed.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
LOL I was just watching this show.
I find the layout of it in general was awkwardly entertaining.
Got a good laugh.
Esp when she joined the military,
guess she figured out if she needed to get in good with TPTB to survive
Or was sick of blogging or whatever "party girls" do.
Anyway, I just think it is the channel trying to cash in on the "trending topic" of survival.
A little more blunt, though.
Get more people on that terrorist watch list by following everything they are saying.
And the people who wouldnt have researched the subject matter on their own.
Now you have the preppers, and soon EVERYONE ELSE WANTING TO BE BECAUSE IT IS TRENDY....

Tv... so funny. so stupid.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was watching that show the other day and I couldn't help but notice the quirky music in some scenes like the person was crazy, the music sounded like circus type and off note. I thought wow they are really trying to make preppers look like loons. I had to shut it off.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Maybe they want you to spend money on yourself instead of them using their resources.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

my opinion for the preppers show:

1. entertainment
2. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also the "law" you reference is a renewal of a pre existing doctrine that has be with us for many years.
Everytime I hear about about the "take stuff from citizens law" I can't help but think of all the cop shows I've seen where they commander some poor slubes car and tear it all to hell in hot pursuit of the bad guy.

Where's the social out cry there?
Oh the humanity!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think either they want to portray the preppers as some fringe craziness or the people that signed up for the show are the worst preppers ever.

I'll go with the former.

The show goes out of its way to show that the people are really unprepared regardless of their preps and how the likelihood of the scenario they have personally chosen is so low that they shouldn't have bothered to begin with.

I think it’s a hit piece on a growing movement that TPTB want to discourage.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Weird.the fat guy in Tenn who seemed the best prepared of all so far,his health notwithstanding was turned into
The mental system by his doctor and had all his guns taken away.
The producers of the show offered the Houston party girl an extra 1000 to shoot her cat on camera.
Several of the higher rated episodes had obvious loons as the centerpieces
A few shows ha real families with real plans and gear
I don't know how to call this one do I'll watch the first few minutes of each show but usually wind up turning it off.
The producer offering he girl money to shoot her cat just kinda put me off,made me think there is something sinister about it

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
1) Entertainment = making money for the producers
2) It's easy for the government to know who the preppers are if you can get them to come out of the woodwork for their 15 minutes.
3) Show them as fringe so as to publicly show that only crazy types do this sort of thing, and let that be a lesson to you. Have one of the guys committed as an example and a warning.
4) The government is not anti-personal preparation. However, they don't want people to be prepared for anything more than about two weeks because then you don't need them, and they don't want that.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well I have never watched the show and don't intend to, however I do believe I know the intention. I think that "doomsday" is being capitalized on so that they can tell you what they want you to think about it.

If they didn't draw attention to it and make you think those people were "crazy conspiracy theorists" you might start getting ideas on what was actually going on around you. They are promoting it so that they can spread disinformation about it. To make you think that all this "doomsday" talk is just that, talk.

The world isn't "ending" for us...their world is ending. It is becoming more and more obvious now that society cannot and will not go on with the way things are for much longer, and they are desperately trying to make sure that when whatever is going to happen does, they have already made you think THEIR way about it.

I can also couple it with all of the alien propaganda of them moment...they are making it trendy, so that you think what they want you to think about aliens...it's a way of not allowing you to think for yourself, once again. They know that it is being discussed, and they want to curb the discussion to their advantage.

All media is just constant manipulation.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What? They offered her cash to commit a crime? Did she do it???

top topics

join