It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria pointing artillery at residential areas, U.S. says after releasing new satellite imaged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have a problem with this apparent satellite image.
Source

Notice the Artillery is positioned outside Homs? and remember Those YouTube Vids by the Rebel cameraman?

The United States released satellite images on Friday that it said showed Syria has artillery poised to hit residential areas and has moved some forces from one town to another despite calls for a withdrawal. Robert Ford, the U.S. ambassador to Syria, posted the images on Facebook in what seemed an effort to pressure Syrian President Bashar al-Assad

Remember ATS anyone and any side can use the artillery, now the images cant tell us who they belong to right? well that's right but look at this footage and look at the distance.

Syria - Homs, Baba Amr Artillery shelling
Feb 12.

Source

The Cameraman just happens to be there? and with him saying God Is Great? notice how close the Cameraman is to the artillery?

Its almost like his in charge of the artillery and calling them to fire.
So what you make of it?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The U.S, Qatar and Saudi should stop trying to overthrow the Syrian government and arming/funding rebels if they want to stop the bloodshed like they claim right?

It's like China arming the ghetto in America with machine guns, rocket launchers and tanks and starting a civil war, then blaming the U.S government of being cruel, evil, and oppresive. "Oh we need to invade we need to invade! The U.S regime is committing a massacre against the blacks in their country! Evil U.S!"

How do you think they would like it?
edit on 7-4-2012 by thinks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA !!!

What kind of picture is that?

Even the faked pictures they presented in front of the UN regarding WMDs in Iraq were more detailed.

Nice try, but I don't believe a word of what the US government is saying ...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
And western governments would allow 'activists for democracy' to run around with heavy arms in the street?? Hell they will take you if your cardboard sign says the wrong thing.

US and NATO may have started a precident where foreign nations can arm and fund 'activists'.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Would you wait untill the official invasion to arrange your defenses? Just saying, if they wanted to destroy all of their infrastructure, they would've.

They did the same thing with Iran
"oh look, they are making battle plans in case we invade, let's spin it to look like they are aggressors"
Not saying the defenses aren't there, we all know the "rebels" are taking over Libya soon

Err Syria...I get my proxy wars mixed up

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Syria and Iran are in the trajectory of Israel, and are well armed if the NWO government want to plan an invasion, like the Zionist plans. They do everything to show that Iran and Syria is bad. Funny, the US got too nuclear missiles, and even more, and the UN don't bring us down.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I have a problem with this apparent satellite image.
Source

Notice the Artillery is positioned outside Homs?

No, I don't notice any artillery positioned outside Homs. Just little CGI pictures of them. This thread should help people understand what is going on here a bit clearer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Source

The Cameraman just happens to be there? and with him saying God Is Great? notice how close the Cameraman is to the artillery?

Its almost like his in charge of the artillery and calling them to fire.
So what you make of it?

You seriously think he is a forward observer for the guns? The guy seems to be praying because he is scared out of his mind to me.
edit on 7/4/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is worrying.

And I mean the opinions expressed in the thread are worrying.

There seems to be a common idea that because the US agrees with something they must be the aggressors.
People here know that I am critical of the USA and the UK, and especially Israel. But there IS NO DENYING the evidence of Assad shelling civilians.

Are we expected to believe that an unarmed gang "manufactured" tanks and artillery and shelled their own cities? Are we supposed to accept that Assad really is fighting terrorists and armed gangs and that using heavy artillery to stop gang crime is okay?

This is clear, obvious, factual, and yet it seems people here are happy to support a dictator like Assad murdering innocent people in their thousands as long as he's still "sticking it to the man"?

I despair at the complete lunacy of people here sometimes. I really do.
You're so one-track minded in your condemnation of the US government that you willfully ignore the crimes of others.

Deny ignorance, indeed.
edit on 7-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Deny ignorance, indeed.

truthsyria.wordpress.com...

Happy reading.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thinks
The U.S, Qatar and Saudi should stop trying to overthrow the Syrian government and arming/funding rebels if they want to stop the bloodshed like they claim right?

It's like China arming the ghetto in America with machine guns, rocket launchers and tanks and starting a civil war, then blaming the U.S government of being cruel, evil, and oppresive. "Oh we need to invade we need to invade! The U.S regime is committing a massacre against the blacks in their country! Evil U.S!"

How do you think they would like it?
edit on 7-4-2012 by thinks because: (no reason given)

In that respect China has nothing to point it's hypocritical finger at, i heard this morning some chinese teenager over there sold his kidney on the black market for an ipod. If anyone needs to be overthrown its China because they keep their people so poor their kids can't even buy an ipod and thats criminal.
edit on 7-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by starheart
Syria and Iran are in the trajectory of Israel, and are well armed if the NWO government want to plan an invasion, like the Zionist plans. They do everything to show that Iran and Syria is bad. Funny, the US got too nuclear missiles, and even more, and the UN don't bring us down.

We're not run by Islamic militants hellbent on sacrificing enough humans to a blood thirsty moongod to bring back the Mahdi so they can conquer the world either. What do you think said extremists would do if they had nuclear weapons? What do you think Hitler would have done if he had gotten the A-bomb first? Not only would there be no hebrew left on the planet, we'd all be speaking German and looking for some tall blonde headed aliens from space to be our gods (those tall blonde headed winged lizard space aliens he called Arryans but are called Anunnaki by the sumerians).

Extremists with nuclear weapons? Hell no!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

In that case we should take all nuclear weapons away from the US and Israel.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thinks

I agree. We saw the same thing with Lybia. It's all inside job.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

We're not looking to destroy the world or conquer the world. Personally, you can take them i really don't care either way and if it was up to me they would be destroyed. In fact i believe all nuclear weapons in the world should be destroyed and that they never should have been invented in the first place, just incase you feel that you one upped me, you didn't.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

We're not looking to destroy the world or conquer the world.

Maybe you should write to the President and tell him.. he does not appear to know this!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Maybe people here are to the point that in their minds and many others. The US and their Western allies have lost any sense of credibility. If they say white then we know its black without bothering to look. The entire system is run by lying, murdering, criminal gangs which chose to call themselves the authorities. As for Syria I haven't heard that the opposition did any thing on their own. It has been more CIA involvement through their arm called the Al-quada to overthrow another Middle Eastern government. The double speak of 1984 is going full throttle War is Peace, etc. Unfortunately even with the abundance of knowledge people are still buying into Barney type propaganda. Apparently the majority f the world has learned nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Deny ignorance, indeed.

Happy reading.

Thanks for the link, but if I want to feast on propaganda I could go to the BBC, MSN, NBC, FOX or any one of the myriad other mainstream sources of information who produce articles with far more finesse and less mindless ranting.

Are you seriously offering that blog? Do you think I'm one of those people who doesn't know how to set up a site and pack it with BS within ten minutes?

Move on and try to convince someone else, I'm not so easily led.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by detachedindividual

Maybe people here are to the point that in their minds and many others. The US and their Western allies have lost any sense of credibility. If they say white then we know its black without bothering to look. The entire system is run by lying, murdering, criminal gangs which chose to call themselves the authorities.

Believe me, I am one of the first to blame my government and many others for their corruption and greed.

BUT - and this is the crux of it for me - I do not allow my anger at my own government and that of the USA and Israel to cloud my judgment on EVERYTHING.

Why must we assume that because the USA and Israel want to end Assad's attacks on his own people that the people are not being slaughtered by Assad at all? Even when you can clearly see evidence from people on the ground, filming it themselves, as mortars bombard their city, people still refuse to accept that Assad could actually be a bad guy - just because they're fu**ed off with the USA and Israel?

There is direct evidence that Assad is slaughtering his own people, and member here are more concerned with condemning Israel and the USA for their condemnation of a mass murderer.

I'm sure the innocent Syrian women and children being slaughtered would be so happy to know their lives are less important to people than showing (justified) distrust of the USA and Israel!

The people in this thread supporting Assad are the kinds of people who would have given Hitler free reign to do what he liked because a few Jews owned banks!

Idiotic, simplistic, and ridiculous to the extreme. You should be ashamed of yourselves, not just for your support of a psychopath, but for your complete astounding ignorance too.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Deny ignorance, indeed.

Happy reading.

Thanks for the link, but if I want to feast on propaganda I could go to the BBC, MSN, NBC, FOX or any one of the myriad other mainstream sources of information who produce articles with far more finesse and less mindless ranting.

Are you seriously offering that blog? Do you think I'm one of those people who doesn't know how to set up a site and pack it with BS within ten minutes?

Move on and try to convince someone else, I'm not so easily led.

Interesting. How can you say it is propaganda, if you didn't even read anything from that site?

Apart from that I would like to see you put that much, very detailed information on a website within 10 min.

It is clear that you only see one side in the civil war in Syria and reject the other, which makes you either a "sheep" or a "shill". What is it?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

They went to the trouble to translate for you the arabic, and a great deal of work to show you the side of the Syrian people...and what the truth really is, there is nothing you cannot verify, if you took some time to go through it you would find that out.

www.abovetopsecret.com... here you can find out for yourself about lies and who might be doing the lying against sovereign nations. (Also verifiable)
edit on 7-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join