It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria pointing artillery at residential areas, U.S. says after releasing new satellite imaged

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Maybe you should write to the President and tell him.. he does not appear to know this!

They stopped listening to us a long time ago, you can't even picket the white house anymore or protest outside government buildings in D.C., they don't want to hear what we have to say.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

yet it seems people here are happy to support a dictator like Assad murdering innocent people in their thousands as long as he's still "sticking it to the man"?

Then please explain this for me then Why didn't the world do anything When Assad Father innocent people during the 60s?

Surely NATO back then should have done something right?

thousands as long as he's still "sticking it to the man"?

Then i guess you wont have a problem When america starts Bombing Russia's Nuclear power plants killing thousands of Russians? and turning Russia into a nuclear waste dump?

Because that is there military strategy, where else you think are the American missiles aimed at?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

We're not looking to destroy the world or conquer the world.

Really America isn't? then please explain why does America occupy Japan? why does it still occupy Iraq? Or Europe.

The CFR claims the occupation is all for protecting liberates and freedom

And tell me why are America's missiles aimed at Russia?
edit on 8-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

There is direct evidence that Assad is slaughtering his own people,

Just like there was with gaddafi? yeah i am not seeing that evidence anything that the rebels claim i would take it as a grain of salt.

You said it yourself if you wanted propaganda you would rather watch CNN,BBC and the other news networks yet dont forget these same news networks are the ones pushing for a intervention.

The same they have pushed for a intervention in Libya and look at Libya is a falling state.

I cant believe some people are agreeing with Sen John McCain for the intervention well pretending to act that they are against.

CNN has admitted that they cant verify the claims or the death toll as reported by the so called activists not mention they are bringing the same numbers from the Bosnian Conflict.

The moment GW bush started showing support for the Syrian Rebels thats the moment i

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Really America isn't? then please explain why does America occupy Japan? why does it still occupy Iraq? Or Europe.

America is there now a days as protection since they have no Offensive weapons in the japanese navy. Its at their request now a days.

America is supposedly gone from Iraq because they said they would not extend protection from prosecution to the US troops anymore.

Europe is getting paid by the US to have those bases there,and some are their at their nations request.

Reason why the US still points missiles at Russia? Because they point them at the US and never have stopped doing so.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

America is supposedly gone from Iraq because they said they would not extend protection from prosecution to the US troops anymore.

The bases are still there and running i guess your believing every word that the media says and claims maybe i should start believing that Iran has a nuke then?

Europe is getting paid by the US to have those bases there,and some are their at their nations request.

Just because we have installed our own puppet leaders there, i could name a few. There has been Protests against US bases in Europe the further we stay the longer it will create anti Americanism.

Europe is getting paid by the US to have those bases there

Yeah i can see how that has been helpful.

Because they point them at the US and never have stopped doing so.

Then i can see you wont have a problem when a war Breaks out and when america turns Russia into a nuclear waste dump? after my analysis from over the years.

And this current protests in the middle east this all aimed at Russia and China.

America is there now a days as protection since they have no Offensive weapons in the japanese navy. Its at their request now a days.

I love Japan but i am sorry to say this but i highly doubt that after all America does control the japanese politics the same way they do in Germany.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I know what i said its confusing a bit like a riddle i apologize for that, but since i was a bit of a teenager 16 years old? i started investigating into interesting stuff on how the CFR works around and what kind of world they want to create, well it isn't just the CFR only.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well i was just answering what I know on the surface. Its cool though. No problem. Still it makes you wonder why not just draw all our troops back home? Its not as if we cant have a standoff with no troops present. Mayby its time to arm japan and let them defend theirselves again. That would be one less problem and bring up the japanese peoples pride some.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

We do not occupy Japan or Europe, we actually pay money to rent those bases and as for Iraq, we're still withdrawing and the Iraqi government has actually requested for us to keep a small contengent there to oversee the development of their government and to help provide security while training their military to take over. In fact we spend 3 trillion dollars a year keeping our bases around the world staffed, equipped and maintained ontop of paying rent. Maybe you should watch congress in session sometimes, be amazed at what you learn when you watch what is happening before you go off halfcocked and forumulate your own wrong opinions.
edit on 8-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinks
The U.S, Qatar and Saudi should stop trying to overthrow the Syrian government and arming/funding rebels if they want to stop the bloodshed like they claim right?

It's like China arming the ghetto in America with machine guns, rocket launchers and tanks and starting a civil war, then blaming the U.S government of being cruel, evil, and oppresive. "Oh we need to invade we need to invade! The U.S regime is committing a massacre against the blacks in their country! Evil U.S!"

How do you think they would like it?
edit on 7-4-2012 by thinks because: (no reason given)

To an outward observer, this is exactly what happening in the US right now only you cant see because your 'in it'. Why else make guns and drugs and grog available so easily? Why deliberately waste billions that could have been spent on eduction, urban develpment social propgrams, hosptials and infrastucture etc..knowing full well that outside of a reasoned militia, only the lowest comon denominator, the criminal, the weakest minds, the least able to reason or most addicted and needy will ever need or want to have them...? To me, they've been engineering this civil war in the US for a good long while. How better to keep the middle class in check than this?

Shrugs..I dont believe a single thing that comes out of the US DF mouths right now. Are these the same satellites use to 'show us' all detailed pics of those Iraqi weapons of mass destruction?

Fool me once....my error..fool me twice? No..you dont get twice.

Israel wants Damascus..its that simple.

Ro.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

We do not occupy Japan or Europe, we actually pay money to rent those bases and as for Iraq, we're still withdrawing and the Iraqi government has actually requested for us to keep a small contengent there to oversee the development of their government and to help provide security while training their military to take over. In fact we spend 3 trillion dollars a year keeping our bases around the world staffed, equipped and maintained ontop of paying rent. Maybe you should watch congress in session sometimes, be amazed at what you learn when you watch what is happening before you go off halfcocked and forumulate your own wrong opinions.
edit on 8-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

The US just spent BILLIONS building the worlds LARGEST military base in Iraq..dont tell me they are leaving..they most certainly are not.

The U.S. military base in Balad, about 60 miles north of Baghdad, is rapidly becoming one of the largest American military installations on foreign soil.

About 40,000 troops, contractors and Defense Department civilian employees live there.

The base is one giant construction project, with new roads, sidewalks, and structures going up across this 16-square-mile fortress in the center of Iraq, all with an eye toward the next few decades.

Balad Air Base is now the headquarters for an Air Force Expeditionary Wing; billions of dollars are being spent on upgrades at the base.

"The runway has been reworked; it was basically falling apart the last time we were here," said Col. Charles Croft, an F-16 pilot, who has watched the improvements over the years.

And as for the accommodations, Croft said, "Instead of tents we've got modular trailers, which is really nice. I stayed in tents the first couple times I was around here."

The base is so big that there is a regular bus service within its perimeter to ferry around the tens of thousands of troops and contractors who live here. And the services are commensurate with the size of the population.

The Subway sandwich chain is one of several U.S. chains with a foothold here. There are two base exchanges that are about as large as a Target or K-Mart. Consumer items from laptop computers to flat-screen TV's to Harley Davidson motorcycles are available for purchase.

Those comforts, says Captain Shawn Scott, make life seem a little more like home.

"It's definitely becoming more settled. It's less expeditionary, feeling a lot more like a base back home," Scott said. "We're getting a lot of services here and the food's getting better."

Back in Washington, Pentagon officials say that the U.S. military is in Iraq at the invitation of the Iraqi government, and that it will depart when asked to do so.

But several senior military officials have privately described Balad Air Base, and a few other large installations in Iraq, as future bases of operation for the U.S. military. The term used is "lily pad," a description of the military jumping from base to base without ever touching the ground in between.

And as the base's commander, Air Force Brig. Gen. Burt Field noted, the spot is an ideal staging ground.

www.npr.org...

edit on 8-4-2012 by Rosha because: added source link

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Make it simple. Just install an all woman government and give them the same rights as men.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
This is worrying.

And I mean the opinions expressed in the thread are worrying.

There seems to be a common idea that because the US agrees with something they must be the aggressors.
People here know that I am critical of the USA and the UK, and especially Israel. But there IS NO DENYING the evidence of Assad shelling civilians.

Are we expected to believe that an unarmed gang "manufactured" tanks and artillery and shelled their own cities? Are we supposed to accept that Assad really is fighting terrorists and armed gangs and that using heavy artillery to stop gang crime is okay?

This is clear, obvious, factual, and yet it seems people here are happy to support a dictator like Assad murdering innocent people in their thousands as long as he's still "sticking it to the man"?

I despair at the complete lunacy of people here sometimes. I really do.
You're so one-track minded in your condemnation of the US government that you willfully ignore the crimes of others.

Deny ignorance, indeed.
edit on 7-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Sigh! Ignorance is not recognizing US hypocrisy. For some it's acceptable to kill their own people, for others it's not. And yes the US gov. will willfully ignore the crimes of others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join