It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 1975 Military Encounter Revealed.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Full story here: www.huffingtonpost.com...

No previous on this, or if there is, I can't find. This incident happened on Feb 6th, 1975 and involved a red, sphere-like object which played tag with a military plane with 6 onboard:

"It suddenly flew from right to left, across the nose [of our plane], and just stopped at our 11:00 o'clock position. At that point, I started to speed up to see if I could close on the object, and as I [did that], it was pacing me in front. In other words, as I'd speed up, he'd speed up.

Nothing new in the chracteristics of this incident but it does tie in with other reports of similar incidents. Richard Haines, who is a former scientist with Nasa and currrent expert of pilot/UFO encounters said:

"After several minutes [the object] didn't change size, shape or intensity, which means that it not only accelerated in front of him and stopped at his 11:00 o'clock position, but it then maintained his forward velocity. We have to ask what kind of natural phenomenon can do that?"

Really like these pilot sightings and there's just too many to ignore imo. Richard Haines describing another encounter:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Thanks for posting this mate , interesting stuff

Dr. Haines would appear to be a credible source , I've just ran a search on him and his book close encounters of the fifth kind is on the reading list of a skeptic website

He's also number 3 in the ufoera.com 10 most prominent ufologists , if that means anything

I've also found an interview with him from 2009 with Paracast , just going to give it a listen now .
Edit ... Great interview , after the first hour he really starts dishing the goods ... I would recommend listening to the whole interview though .... Best month to see a UFO is July

That huge triangular UFO he mentions in the video sounds familiar , it may just be that I've heard of that report before .

edit on 5-4-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a decent quality sighting. I wonder if the other guys on that flight are going to be located and asked about the incident.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Very interesting video and story. I'm having a hard time imagining this craft. Pretty cool stuff. He sounds legit, although like everything, taken with an (open minded) grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Got a lot of time for Richard Haines, especially after he managed to get the pilot of JAL1628 reinstated to flying duty. And yeah, the video I posted there is of another encounter that has appeared in a couple docs.

Thanx for the link mate, will definitely listen

edit on 5-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Amazing how this thread has 21 FLAGS, but only four replies!
I wonder why the most interesting threads always get the least attention?

Interesting sighting, s+f...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Nothing new in the chracteristics of this incident but it does tie in with other reports of similar incidents. Richard Haines, who is a former scientist with Nasa and currrent expert of pilot/UFO encounters said:

"After several minutes [the object] didn't change size, shape or intensity, which means that it not only accelerated in front of him and stopped at his 11:00 o'clock position, but it then maintained his forward velocity. We have to ask what kind of natural phenomenon can do that?"

Zcustosmorum, great thread my friend and this is yet another very intriguing ex-military UFO account -I'd imagine back then (and even nowadays) many military pilots were reluctant to report their experiences due to the ridicule factor or fear of losing their flight status so it's always good to hear additional testimony, especialy as in this case it involves multiple witnesses and ground control granting the pilot clearance to investigate the object..

Richard Haines is also a very knowledgeable chap when it comes to the UFO/UAP subject and there are some relevant statements below -Isaac Koi has posted some great info here about the flying triangle incident described in the OP video and the interview you posted certainly is a fascinating one which should be listened to by anyone with an interest in (or opinion on) the UFO subject.

"Reports of anomalous aerial objects (AAO) appearing in the atmosphere continue to be made by pilots of almost every airline and air force of the world in addition to private and experimental test pilots..
We're not dealing with mental projections or hallucinations on the part of the witness but with a real physical phenomenon."
Dr. Richard Haines, Psychologist specializing in pilot and astronaut "human factors" research for the Ames NASA Research Center in California-Chief of the Space Human Factors Office

"Air Catalogue is a rather extensive library I’ve been collecting for almost 30 years from commercial, private, and test pilots. I have over 3,000 cases. My estimate is that for every pilot who does come forward, and makes a confidential or a public report, there are 20, 30 other pilots who don’t."
NASA Research Scientist (Gemini, Apollo, Skylab), Dr. Richard Haines

“Although I do not yet have enough reliable information concerning the relevant characteristics of the UFO phenomenon with which to form a scientific judgment of its “core” identity, I do believe that the phenomenon is objectively real; i.e., I believe that the many thousands of eyewitnesses around the world are experiencing UFO phenomenon in a manner very similar to the way any other human with normal sensory capabilities would perceive it if they happened to be present.”
Dr Richard Haines, NASA scientist, UFO researcher, author of several books on UFOs, expert on pilot UFO sightings

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry for spamming your thread but there is another, almost identical story about the army/pilots UFO encounter in 1975. They released it only a week ago so when i read your title i assumed it is the same story - it is not and i find that very strange for some reason.
Why is the military all over the world disclosing at the same time?? That is just weird.

Btw. 'my' story not only made the national news but also a military squadron monography book (you can compare it to a RAF biography book) and it involves several pilots, MiG21's, a high ranked general and ground radar people.

You will need google translate for this one

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread. Very interesting as I hear this for the first time. Credible & believable. S&F for you.

I love it when sane people like Haines talk about UFO's. Makes it more difficult to debunk.

StringTh

new topics

top topics

join