It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma fusion becomes a reality?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Plasma fusion becomes a reality?

rt.com

Scientists in a New Jersey laboratory say they are close to a major breakthrough in the field of fusion that they predict will soon allow for an unlimited source of the cheapest, cleanest and safest energy ever.
Researchers at Lawrenceville Plasma Physics in Middlesex, NJ have published the results of their recent work in the Physics of Plasmas journal last week, and expect one of their next rounds of testing to finally tackle an issue of energy procurement that would rival anything already avai
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Now this is extremely interesting.

According to the scientists, they have identified and emulated two of the three conditions necessary to show energy production with aneutronic fuels. Eric Lerner, a chief scientist for Lawrenceville Plasma Physics, says that figuring out the temperature and confinement necessary for the fusion have been established in their research, and that once the team can determine the necessary conditions for the third variable — density — they will be able to harness energy from plasma.

Looks like these guys are on the brink of a major breakthrough in harnessing plasma energy.
I can imagine some very clean and safe energy from this.
I wonder if FPL is going to lower my light bill once they get the plasma reactors online?
lol. I can only hope so.

rt.com

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh and btw. I did search. both here and on google.
Didn't find any hits with the title or website.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It seems like every couple of months some scientist makes this claim yet here we are, still burning fossil fuels.....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
It seems like every couple of months some scientist makes this claim yet here we are, still burning fossil fuels.....

It's all about funding. Only way to get funding is to make extraordinary claims, and unfortunately, most of them fall through in the long run.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have seen some interesting info in the past regarding similar claims.

I for one will be following this story!

Cheers mate for the heads up!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Made me think about this from last month:

So I guess we have cold fusion and plasma fusion now and we'll never get to use it as long as big oil gets to keep their lobbyists

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wondering if this "revolutionary new technology" has anything to do with tesla's longitudinal electro-scalar waves. Will read the paper when I come across it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

we'll never know I'm thinking.
Most of his work was confiscated by the fbi.
who knows what kind of secrets he was working on that was not fit for general consumption.
the guy was way ahead of his time.
if he had the tech we have today we'd probably be in flying cars.
of course we'd probably not have ac current.
oh well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Very interesting, and hope too that something tangible comes from it, as it does seem like we've been hearing about this for a long time now.

heh, just thought of Star Trek (Sir! The Plasma conduits are over heating! We've got to drop out of warp!).

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think it has to do more with the E-Cat

something has to give soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Wheres my light sabre?> OR...can I have a fossil fuel combustible light saber it would be loud like a lawn mower?

this sounds like a new weapons field coming to the new war (or secretly already in some bunker)
edit on 3-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The only problem with free energy is:

Its potential for destruction is as great as its potential to help people.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Wondering if this "revolutionary new technology" has anything to do with tesla's longitudinal electro-scalar waves. Will read the paper when I come across it.

Tesla described them as 'tubes of force'. The knowledge of ether physics has been around since the 50s. A man named T Townsend Brown proved that the theory for teslas electrogravitic flying machine was indeed plausible because of electrical interactions with the ether that is found in what we would consider empty space. He proved this with an scale model and a controlled test of the electro static generator. Project Winterhaven is what it was called and I think it was conducted at Edwards AFB, California.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

There's plenty of info around on ionocraft. Tesla had nothing to do with discovering it.

They do not work in a vacuum as the thrust is due to reaction from moving air molecules (or any other fluid the apparatus is suspended in) - also see here.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Now this is extremely interesting.

According to the scientists, they have identified and emulated two of the three conditions necessary to show energy production with aneutronic fuels. Eric Lerner, a chief scientist for Lawrenceville Plasma Physics, says that figuring out the temperature and confinement necessary for the fusion have been established in their research, and that once the team can determine the necessary conditions for the third variable — density — they will be able to harness energy from plasma.

Looks like these guys are on the brink of a major breakthrough in harnessing plasma energy.
I can imagine some very clean and safe energy from this.
I wonder if FPL is going to lower my light bill once they get the plasma reactors online?
lol. I can only hope so.

rt.com

FPL lower the bill? lol, moar like raise it sky hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

"F" florida power companies.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I can't find anything by the quoted scientists Eric Lerner or Derek Shannon in Physics of Plasma

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That's great news. It should be a lot safer and much less destructive of our planet. I hope that the present power structure doesn't force burial of this technology. They are making good progress in cold fusion nuclear energy power too, that's a lot safer than these big power plants. They would need more power plants but safety from a disaster would be better. They can be shut down quickly.
edit on 4-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
I can't find anything by the quoted scientists Eric Lerner or Derek Shannon in Physics of Plasma

Eric Lerner

Derek Shannon
edit on 4-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I hope it is true as well, however scientists today are under pressure to publish lest they be scooped by others that are very close to their same goals.

There is a lot of competition today that causes many cases of premature publishing of white papers, which used to take months and had to be peer reviewed. Such is not the case today, and there are great scientists that wind up ruining their careers because they did not totally substantiate their findings before jumping in and publishing a report that winds up being disproved by peers not able to reproduce the same results.

Let's hope it is a winner, but the odds are against it, presently. Sadly, many of today's scientists are not subscribed to the scientific method, which is disturbing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join