It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says could hit U.S. if it came under attack: paper

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Iran and America should join forces and defeat the cancer that is Israel.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
I've never understood why terrorists haven't leveraged sleeper cells to this date in the US.

Because honestly there are not as many terrorists as your government would love you to believe, I am not saying there are not some, but not to this organized extent that keeps getting touted as some form of truth.

The ones who are organized, such as hezbollah, I do not see as terrorists, they are very organized but for the defense of Lebanon, and I see them no differently than what an organized militia would be in the united stated who organized to defend american borders.

But Muslims really do just want to figure out how to get along and live in peace with the west. Muslims have nothing against westerners, they just want to live in peace in their own countries without people meddling in their business. Same as what you want.

How would you like it if others were trying to dictate how to run your lives and your country? Muslims as a whole have a live and let live attitude toward the west and only want the same respect for them. Fringe crazies do not represent the whole.

It is why you do not see it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Talk is cheap.

Not saying Iran couldn't strike us on our own soil, but wouldn't be a militarily effective attack. It would only have a terror effect.

I recall Saddaam Hussein telling us that he would give us the 'mother of all battles' before Operation Desert Storm. I also recall US political pundits and the MSM predicting a great number of American lives would be lost. They were all wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

. . . damn, I hate living at the end of the world.
It is still blurry to me if this the war the prophecy talking about, but the actors is all there.

Why is it that you would accept the premise that the world has to end?
"Prophecies" benefit those who make them, and the ones who position themselves as the "keepers" of the prophecies.
It's a form of religious fraud.
Do you still even retain a survival instinct?
Would it be right to protest wars that could potentially end not just your life, but all human life?
Do you have children, or want children and maybe grandchildren? That is a normal and natural desire for not just humans, but all living creatures.
My advice would be to claim your natural right to these things, while you have life in you to do so.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsafirKamel
Iran and America should join forces and defeat the cancer that is Israel.

If that took place, who would be in charge of land that is considered holy by three religions?

How long after that until there is a war between Islam and Christianity?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Wanna bet your life on it? Are people so naive to think Iran would use a missile attack. LMAO what for? All they need to do is go crap out some backup diesel generators at one or two nuke facilities,right!!, and that will shut down the steam driven cooling pumps(inheritant in all nuke facilities) right?? LMAO and you can all go green at the same time!! People are stupidly naive at best. Israel already pulled it off with Stuxnet and a nuclear device at fuki fudgeup Japan was enriching plutonium for Iran.GET it yet!!!!! How do you get nuclear bomb grade isotopes released into the atmosphere????? How?? Yah right!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think they mean something less explosive and more biological. It would only take a handful of people in each major city to strike a crushing blow against us. Iran most likely has willing conspirators to pull it off who live among us right now. I mean think about it, we'd see a military invasion or attack coming. Missiles, we can shoot those down now. But individuals flying under the radar could pull off something much more devastating.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Iran hay be able to destroy Israel, thought. Israel is married to the CIA and US

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Originally posted by caf1550

A NATO led invasion would deliver a crushing blow to Iran and there logistics

the afghan occupation by NATO is already a failure..Iran doesn't have to worry much about NATO

read article

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad isn't like Saddam

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Iran probably could hit us with lunatic suicide terrorist sleeper cells.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsmem1980
reply to post by butcherguy

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad isn't like Saddam

Absolutely right.

But he could be similar in making boasts that he can't back up. Ever see the photos of the Iranian 'stealth' flying boats? That is the kind of thing that makes me doubt their boasts.

I remember the MSM making a lot of claims about the size of the Iraqi Army and their fabulous equipment and even chemical/biological weapons hat would require a lot of body bags for US troops before Desert Storm. What did they want after the 100 hour land battle? They wanted to know where the weapons of mass destruction were. Almost like they were disappointed that we weren't slaughtered.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
there's no way iran would win a total war, because the united states could carpet bomb them and launch missiles until the cows come home.

but a limited defense of protecting their nuclear facilities or an organised resistence to an american invasion is well within their capabilities.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, you are saying Iran is innocent as can be and should be left alone, but if we dont they will only do one thing, attack innocent civilians with terrorist tactics as they cant do anything to the military. Ya your right, they sound like the type that should be able to do what they want....really? Its the same as saying if you dont leave me alone I will not punch you, I will slap your little sister when you are not looking....pretty sound logic. Not unstable in the head whatsoever.....please work on your nuclear project we didnt realize how not crazy you really were....

Sorry guys, you threaten us with hurting our families that have nothing to do with this is a good way to get your ass kicked real quick like...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Good for them. 'TPTB' need to learn that Iran is no Iraq or Afghanistan. Their military is very good and with Russian and Chinese support, the US certainly won't have an easy time.

That's what they said about the Iraqi Republican Guard....twice.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It would be nice to se links to the actual Iranian publications printing these stories. There seems to be an awful lot of these sort of stories being reported by the likes of Reuters recently, then parroted by other MSM organs, without any source of reference. Not saying somebody in Iran didn't say it, but it would be nice to have verification.

After the recent Reuters fabricated "Iranian women Ninjas" story, I'd sure want to have anything souced through them to be scrutinized and have it's accuracy checked.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh Iran please just stop

Is it every day they issue a new threat now? each being more delusional and funnier than the last, the US isn't even saying anything other then taking it to the UN so why do they keep issuing there meaningless threats?, really whose warmongering here?, Iran please for the love of god just shut up for 5 minutes, you're not fooling anybody with these pathetic claims, you're just making yourselves look like a bunch of morons

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Oh Israel please just stop

Is it every day they issue a new threat now? each being more delusional and funnier than the last, the US isn't even saying anything other then taking it to the UN so why do they keep issuing there meaningless threats?, really whose warmongering here?, Israel please for the love of god just shut up for 5 minutes, you're not fooling anybody with these pathetic claims, you're just making yourselves look like a bunch of morons

See what I did there? I fixed it for you, no need to thank me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The "Iranian women ninjas", now that was funny.

I would like to add, slightly off topic, that there is no "US Missile Defense" system that can protect the country from a wholesale missile attack. I keep seeing this in various threads, and it is a gross distortion of "known" US capabilites.

We do have the following:

1.THAAD

Theater Air Defense Missile's-Patriots on Steroids. They can defend a theater area from missile attack when DEPLOYED and set up for defensive operations. Only the unit based in Hawaii has any launchers typically on alert (Should N. Korea get crazy). Normally these are deployed to theaters during a crisis/combat situation. Currently 3 units equipped. While other Patriots units have some ABM capability, it is not their primary mission.

en.wikipedia.org...

2.GMD

Ground Based Midcourse Defense. Silo based missiles' that are on alert and CAN intercept ICBMs. Right now about 10 interceptor's each are deployed at 2 bases, Fort Greely Alaska and Vandenberg AFB. These are mainly orientated towards a N. Korean and or Chinese ICBM attack. They could stop N. Korean missiles, but China could throw several dozen ICBMs up and overwhelm it. A third base is on hold in Poland (due to Russian complaints) which would be oriented to protect Europe from any Iranian (or if they got in the wrong hands) and Pakastani IRBMs.

en.wikipedia.org...

3. Airborne Laser

The 747 test bed chemical laser used to shoot down ICBMs during boost phase. There is ONE of these jets, it's a test/prototype/concept aircraft, and as of right now does not have the capability to shoot down anything unless it is airborne and within a few hundred miles of the launch site. Should not be considered a deployed missile defense.

en.wikipedia.org...

4. AGEIS missile defense.

Approximately 21 Navy Cruiser's and Destroyer's equipped to use modified SM2 missiles in a THAAD type set up. Would potentially be effective if they on station in the area that was being attacked, and of course, probably only a third of these ships are at sea or deployable at any given time.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, inconlusion, we have a rudimentry missile defense system, that currently can handle N. Korean missiles. But if Russia or China attacked we would still get wiped out. And unless we had THAAD or AGEIS ships deployed would likely miss even the dreaded iranian barges carrying scuds in the gulf of mexico.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

It is not hard to believe that they have sleeper agents in USA soil at present (much like the USSR had). If you consider the number of Iranians that could have moved to the USA during the last few years of conflict in the middle east (even as passing as collaborators to the USA intervention) it is not only possible but almost certain that you would get some terror attacks that could even include chemical and radiological (not particular nuclear but using dirty bombs in the USA soil).

That the present activity in Syria has full USA backing is pretty clear, one just needs to look at the time frame and how the exiting of Iraq prevented a direct retaliation to this activity by proxy. I still expect that if the Syrian government falls especially if it fragments into a civil war, we will get an increased explosive situation in Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan and even Egypt (if they can finally remove the USA oriented top heads of the army). It is in Israel interest and therefore of the USA that the situation does not evolve in a rapid and uncontrollable way so to prevent this soft of escalation.

I understand but am amazed how Qatar and Saudi Arabia has been able to avert popular revolt especially toward the increasing USA presence. I can only attribute it to the game the USA/UK has been playing in the region for ages of propping up Iran as a boogie man. If and when Iran is no more it would be interesting to see how they will justify and keep benefiting (even by military sales) from these states, extremely important to balance the oil imports they require...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join