It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This year's weather is strange and getting worse - Maybe it is the end?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The first sprites of summer are starting to appear in the skies of North America. The strange thing is, summer is almost three months away. "Sprite season is beginning early this year," says Thomas Ashcraft, who photographed these specimens on March 30th from his observatory in New Mexico:

Sprites usually start in the summer?

I am not sure whats going on here, but during the winter I was living in Arkansas and well winter was mild. I don't mean like 40 degree mild. I mean it was spring, i was out in shorts and t shirts because it was 70 degrees out.

Know i am living in TN and spring is feeling more and more like summer. Its been 80 degrees almost everyday. Makes me wonder if this guy is on to something.

Temperatures in the southern states will reach and exceed 130 degrees .

AboveTop Secret

2012 has begun where 2011 left off with weird weather in Europe and the Americas, Arctic ice at almost its lowest extent ever recorded in midwinter, disastrous droughts and searing heat in Africa and Latin America, and one of the world's biggest insurance companies warning that climate change will increase damages.

Guardian

Last year was a historic year for storms, rain fall, floods, blizzards, tornados, ETC...

So, is this really it? Will it really hit 130 +, Honestly i've accepted it. Before, i was scared everyday of how to protect my family and what i need to do. But, now i am ready for the end. Hell, with the way our goverment is headed and our country is becoming more and more like old school hitler era germany. I hope momma earth gives us one hell of a ride.

What are your guys thoughts? Whats the weather like were you are? is it normal for this time of year?

I know for a fact its not normal here, I just hope if this is the end. We all go out with loving each other instead of mass chaos. Everyone please be safe and mother earth bless us all.

edit on 2/4/2012 by kosmicjack because: edit title

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

I'm from the Mid-West as well.

I've seen weather like this back in the mid-Eighties.

Just a few years after scientists had predicted that a new Ice Age was coming upon us.

edit on 2-4-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People seldom take into consideration the progressive wobble of the earth. The righting of the wobble will bring the northern hemisphere in a more direct line with the sun,throughout all the seasons...This is a cycle !!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Down here in GA we have the most bi-polar weather. During winter, I can only recall about 2 weeks worth of days where you really needed a large jacket or sweater. In February, normally our coldest month, I was in shorts on numerous occasions. Now for the past few weeks it has been in the 70s or 80s. I expect this summer to top the hundreds frequently.
edit on 2-4-2012 by NTellect because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by KingJod

I'm from the Mid-West as well.

I've seen weather like this back in the mid-Eighties.

Just a few years after scientists had predicted that a new Ice Age was coming upon us.

Honesty, except for the whole perma frost thing. Humans could survive another Ice age easily.
edit on 2-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
People seldom take into consideration the progressive wobble of the earth. The righting of the wobble will bring the northern hemisphere in a more direct line with the sun,throughout all the seasons...This is a cycle !!!

I agree we go thru cycles. Explain this tho? If we have been recording weather since the early 1800's at least here in america it would be the late 1800's , then how did we break every record we had last year? Does that mean every cycle is getting worst?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So it hasn't been warm like this in the past at this time of year? This is the first time it has happened?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

Originally posted by daddyroo45

I agree we go thru cycles. Explain this tho? If we have been recording weather since the early 1800's at least here in america it would be the late 1800's , then how did we break every record we had last year? Does that mean every cycle is getting worst?

It's only getting worse if the data from the 1800's to now show it as such. The data has its up and downs. It has actually been worse but chances are that you and I were not alive at the time to personnally experiance so there is a disconnect there.

I keep meaning to see how the migration of the magnetic pole moving would effect the weather, but then...

Oh LOOK! A Squirrel!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I live in RHODE ISLAND and it was 75 and 80's last week, now its back to 50's 60's still i barely used heat this winter to be honest. I knwo the jet stream has seriously shifted, but this has happened before its not abnormal. I just wonder if the season have shifted a bit its snowed earlier in the begining of fall, and warmed up about three months after. Its not the end of the world, these things work in cycles..its reall based ont eh jet streams if you look at a current radar of it you can see between, the two streams they bassically hold the cold air from the top alberta and such, and keep the warm air in the north east of USA. it will settle.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Across the nation, over 7,500 daily record high temperatures were set in March 2012. This includes more than 540 locations that set all-time record highs for the month of March.

Weather.com

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
So it hasn't been warm like this in the past at this time of year? This is the first time it has happened?

no not for me, And yes this is the first time ive seen anything like this.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Haven't we a ton of threads on this already?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

edit on 2-4-2012 by DrumsRfun because: Why bother...you people are insane.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
seriously, how many weird weather threads are there going to be?

Check the previous threads people.

Not only has it been posted a dozen times at least, it has been answered just as many.

It is because of the artic oscillation.

edit on 2-4-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I dont think you people realize patterns. Like most americans you just dont see it. Ugh, makes me sick. HEll i wouldnt care if there were a million threads if its relevant. Then its relevant, thats why its called FRAGIL EARTH. The more we bring it up the more people can be aware.

STOP BEING SHEEP!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The high temps are not just breaking records in the U.S. It seems to be effecting the whole northern hemisphere. For example, the town of Aboyne was basking in 24C temperatures last week, smashing previous records for march in Scotland. This week they are predicting freezing conditions and snow for the same town...

Sorry to keep sounding like a scratched record, but this has all been predicted for decades by the worlds climate scientists. What we are seeing happen now is the real beginnings of change to our climate and weather patterns. I suggest people invest in some air conditioning ready for a potentially dangerously hot summer.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The scottish recored that was broken has stood since the 1950's when I was just over 20C, it was beaten last week by 2C, whats all the fuss about? since when has the weather been reliable? espeicaly in the uk . a warm dry spring is often (from my memory) follwed by a dull wet summer. so hope you all made the most of what we had

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
The scottish recored that was broken has stood since the 1950's when I was just over 20C, it was beaten last week by 2C, whats all the fuss about? since when has the weather been reliable? espeicaly in the uk . a warm dry spring is often (from my memory) follwed by a dull wet summer. so hope you all made the most of what we had
That's right. Records are going to be broken sooner or later.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In Southeast Texas it is hot and muggy just like it always is! High temps have been in the 80's for a while now, and there's nothing unusual about it at all.

Growing up I can remember many a Christmas day playing outside in shorts and a tee shirt, barefoot. We get several years of mild winters and hot summers followed by a few years of cold winters and mild (for here) summers. We really don't get a spring and fall around here. It goes straight from winter to summer almost every year!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
but so many are being broken. yes, i can understand if one year this record gets broken and the next another one. but so many at one time. All of you are like its okay its normal. Seriously people? Think, its rare. Its not supposed to be like this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join