It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The government will be able to monitor the calls, emails, texts and website visits of everyone in the UK under new legislation set to be announced soon.

Internet firms will be required to give intelligence agency GCHQ access to communications on demand, in real time.

So this is it ladies and gents. Big Brother is here. David Cameron has finally decided to break the back of the UK and treat us all as cattle.

A new law - which may be announced in the forthcoming Queen's Speech in May - would not allow GCHQ to access the content of emails, calls or messages without a warrant.

But it would enable intelligence officers to identify who an individual or group is in contact with, how often and for how long.

George Orwell will be rolling in his grave.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally i'm disgusted, this is an absolute breach of all civil liberties. I understand there'll be a few people who will say 'if you have nothing to hide then why worry' - my reply to that is, if I have nothing to hide, then why are we being monitored?

Disgusting.

R.I.P United Kingdom.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My mistake - duplicate thread already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods please close.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
April fools anyone?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

This is happening all over the west. They passed a similar law last year here in Norway, which goes even further. They will track which websites you visit, emails, cell phones including location and the time you visited this said location and so on. Not only is this law passed already, but they don't even need court order to use this data.
The police and so on will be able to grab all this data without even any proof of any wrong doings.
When this law was first proposed they did like usual saying it was for children and would be used against pedophiles, but now it has been admitted it will not only be for that, but also for small drug crimes and other petty crimes.

Worst part of all is that they made sure this was not covered well at all by mainstream media.

The Orwelian society has been coming for a long time and has been planned all along by the elite who controls the puppets we call politicians.

Another really weird thing is how they decided to vote on similar law in Sweden on the exact same day.
edit on 1-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosworth452
April fools anyone?

Why would you think it was a april fools when these laws have been passed or proposed all over the world already?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

This is sick

top topics

join