It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is getting VERY real now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

wertdagf,
it has not only effected dolphins, recently in my state, thousands of drumfish have washed up on shore, elsewhere has been whales, and even baby dolphins.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Sucks for nature but if humanity can destroy each other why does anything think that animals are safe?

People are not thinking straight.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Then how come dolphines were around even 50 millions years ago?? They evolved over a time when earth was much warmer, but yet they are dying now because of deglaciation??
This makes absolutely no sense..
Quote from wikipedia:

Dolphins, along with whales and porpoises, are descendants of terrestrial mammals, most likely of the Artiodactyl order. The ancestors of the modern-day dolphins entered the water roughly 50 million years ago, in the Eocene epoch.

Here is the proof:

I am really getting fed up with all these claims that are not backed up by facts at all.
If this is because of human activity, then water pollution, overfishing or being disturbed by sonars would make more logical sense. The fact is that we have no idea why these dolphin's got stranded.
edit on 31-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watermama
If you read the story directly underneath the one referred to, you would read about how inaccurate the first story is!!!

If you read the date above the obvious attempt at disinformation/ deflection you are referring to you will see a date of Feb. 13, 2012. Since that was more than a month before the event in question it clearly does not apply.
Thank you for pointing out that blatant attempt to white wash the story though, it certainly does help prove my point.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

While I agree with you as to how distrubing this is, I don't think man is capable of all the bad things that go on with earth.

The earth is speaking to us. I feel the higher intellect of the dolphins and whales pick up the vibrations far quicker than man. The cause of these beaching, IHO, is that the earth is ready to morph again. The earthquake activity is constant, and always has been. The problem I see is that it seems much easier to read than the experts are telling us.

I follow EQ activity everyday. What concerns me in the Pacific region is the quakes are occurring thousands of miles apart, from Alaska to Peru, and the events happen in unison. If you follow the time line of quakes in the Pacific region, whether they are 3.0's or 7.0's, you will see that often a quake happens in Peru or Chile and at approximately the same time a quake happens in Alaska, Japan or Indonesia. Also, if you take a straight edge and apply it to the EQ map you will see that, while the larger quakes happen in the mentioned areas, dozens of smaller quakes happen in California and Oregon. Place the straight edge on the latest South American quake and connect it to the Alaska quake and you will see the line runs right through the stated area.

What does this mean? Well, maybe coincidence and maybe not. My personal feeling is that given the ring of fire, and using the mentioned theory, a huge portion of the pacific region could be exposed to a massive physical change. Perhaps the loss of giant portions of land, maybe the breaking up of a continent, and with that a loss of life unseen in the history of man.

I am not a doomsdayer, but I am aware of a changing earth. Although many blame man for all of problems on this planet, we are truely limited in what damage we can do. Mother Earth takes care of Mother Earth. The Ring of fire is far more than a vent of molten lava. If you look at it on a broad scale, it clearly shows that all of those volcanos are active for a reason. The movement of the plates is driving it all.

I would not be suprised to have a life changing event, and when I say life changing I mean the entire earth, happen in the next few months. We may see an entire island like Japan or Hawaii, litterally disappear from the earth. We may see the long fabeled "half of California" drift into the Pacific. I don't know.

Just as dogs and cats become hyper before storms or earthquakes, I too feel anxiety that is unexplained.

Thanks for your time and pay attention, while it easy to point fingers at man, lets look toward our spaceship the Earth and wonder if a tuneup is in store.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by Amanda5

Actually they are not ignoring it, they are simply not told.

We might know it in here because a lot of great people are searching around the clock for stories like this, but we are few.

A chocking story, and would really like to know what caused this.

Hmm what is this

www.bluevoice.org...

The truth is such a number never happened. Nor for the fishermen, not for us that surveyed 100 kms, as it was stated that the dolphins were. This is an example of sensacionalism in the media and lack of criteria, knowledge and ethics by the governmental technitians.

edit on 31-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

That post is dated Feb. 13, 2012 and is clearly a BS attempt at "de-bunking" a very real and important unexplained mortality event. The number of spelling errors is unusual but it might be someones misguided attempt at sounding like a Peruvian with limited English language skills.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

That article is about fisherman and poachers who are thought to kill 3000 dolphins per year and that number is a very rough estimate. They don't have the knowledge or equipment to gather 600 plus dolphins and if they were going to dump them it wouldn't be along 135 km of beach. Lastly there was no trauma mentioned which certainly would have been evident had nets or hooks been used.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You probably havn't heard anything more because they don't know the cause. This is where science comes into play and leaves speculation and hand-wringing behind. Dolphin or other marine animal die-offs occur with some regularity. There is certainly a concern when it is caused by human activity, such as abandoned nets or pollution.
More often it is natural events or illness that are the cause. Dolphins are susceptible to flu and there are some virulent strains that have been killing them off for a long time now.

There is one thing that concerns me a great deal, and that is the contamination from Fukushima.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
reply to post by Mianeye

Wasn't that quote from a February story? Could have been an unconscious prediction if it's true this time, Or maybe the planned event went wrong the first time but they had already released the expected info.

Dolphins have beached several times this year in South America including a recent event in Rio where people on the beach dragged them back into the water. The date is hard to see so perhaps they missed it but that article has nothing to do with the present situation. If anything it just adds logs to the fire.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Why did it affect only dolphins?

Or maybe the dolphins ate all the other fish that were near by when the event that made them beach happened?

Not sure, my marine biology is limited to what's on my plate. Since dolphins are mammals I think it might have something to do with depleted oxygen levels but that is a huge shot in the dark.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I don't remember linking those events, perhaps since they were both present in the same post you thought they were related but that's your theory, not mine. I am simply pointing to an escalation of events across the globe that everyone needs to be aware of.
"When a finger points to the Moon, the imbecile looks at the finger".
Think about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
You probably havn't heard anything more because they don't know the cause. This is where science comes into play and leaves speculation and hand-wringing behind. Dolphin or other marine animal die-offs occur with some regularity. There is certainly a concern when it is caused by human activity, such as abandoned nets or pollution.
More often it is natural events or illness that are the cause. Dolphins are susceptible to flu and there are some virulent strains that have been killing them off for a long time now.

There is one thing that concerns me a great deal, and that is the contamination from Fukushima.

I'm still waiting to hear what science found out LAST YEAR when millions of animals died from mysterious circumstances.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I read an article a few years ago about marine mammals beaching themselves. The scientist who wrote the article said that autopsies on the beached animals usually but not always indicated that there was an internal parasite that interfered with their ability to navigate with their sonar. The animals had lost the ability to sonically see their world and had come too close to the beach, only to end up on that beach. People who tried to push them back, discovered that they would end up on the beach again because they couldn't navigate.

Now as I said this isn't the only reason that they beach themselves. What are the others?I don't know. The article I read was only about this particular type of beaching. The scientist said that about 60% of beachings were because of this parasite.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I assumed you were also linking it to climate change because of this:

Just for fun go to the NOAA site and find the map for "Selected significant climate anomalies and events February 2012" paying close attention to arctic and antarctic sea ice extent data, what does that tell you?

If that is wrong then disregard my reply.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Its all the pollution man dumps in the ocean. Dolphins are among the most vulnerable because they're air breathers. This keeps them close to the surface all the time. Where the pollution is thickest. Just an observation.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I read an article a few years ago about marine mammals beaching themselves. The scientist who wrote the article said that autopsies on the beached animals usually but not always indicated that there was an internal parasite that interfered with their ability to navigate with their sonar. The animals had lost the ability to sonically see their world and had come too close to the beach, only to end up on that beach. People who tried to push them back, discovered that they would end up on the beach again because they couldn't navigate.

Now as I said this isn't the only reason that they beach themselves. What are the others?I don't know. The article I read was only about this particular type of beaching. The scientist said that about 60% of beachings were because of this parasite.

Something about sonar? Theres this possibility as well:

jason-parent.suite101.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I agree with you there ! and I also believe with every fiber of my being that it is going to happen very soon and I welcome it......

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ya know iread that article as well. Wonder if the navy is getting busy around there. Maybe tracking Chinese subs?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join