It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there's good reason to believe the "Abomination that Causes Desolations" will happen this spr

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by hab22

Deception sure was a key issue in the last days.
The writer of Hebrews said Christ's first coming was in "these last days" (Hebrews 1:2). So, where does that leave your last days?

"Last days" as in last several millenniums. A day is as a thousand years to the Lord. So yes, from the time of Christ, we have been living in the last days. The former days would refer to the time from Adam until Christ, which is four days or four thousand years. We are approaching the seventh day, or seventh millennium, in which there will be a Sabbath rest for the planet. As the writer of Hebrew wrote, "there remains a sabbath rest for the people of God."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

And that's what happens when you take one clear reference to last days and apply to it a completely unrelated and obviously metaphorical reference to God's perception of time.
Do you have any justifiable reason to apply these to each other? Because when I used to do the same thing, all I was doing was just trying to make Scripture fit my own Futurist bias.

Also, the "Sabbath rest" that we are yet to enter is our eternal rest in heaven, in God's presence, not some coming 1000-year rest, which you'll only get from Hebrews 4 if you apply to it passages that are completely unrelated.

I still don't understand this need to take bits and pieces of Scripture and fit them into a puzzle of your own making, as if Scripture makes no sense unless you cut it up verse by verse and rearrange it. But, then, I used to do the same thing, so....
edit on 4-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Is This the Time of the End?
Doomsday prophets aren’t the only ones saying grave things about the world today.
Even to the casual observer, this world has withstood a series of profound crises in the last few years. At the end of 2004, just seven years ago, a devastating earthquake rocked the Indian Ocean, triggering a massive tsunami that wiped out 230,000 lives in Indonesia. Nearly a quarter of a million people were swept out to sea.

In July 2005, radical Islamists bombed the London underground rail system, killing 56 people; injuring 700. A month later, Hurricane Katrina plowed into the Gulf Coast, killing more than 1,800 people. It was the deadliest hurricane to strike America in more than 75 years.

We also witnessed a change of power in the Vatican in 2005. The new pope, Benedict xvi (Joseph Ratzinger), was the man the Trumpet had correctly predicted.

www.thetrumpet.com...

In August 2006, Iran started the Second Lebanon War by orchestrating the kidnappings of Israeli soldiers.

In December 2006 we saw a radical turn in U.S. politics with the midterm elections. At the time, we wrote, “You don’t need deep biblical understanding to realize that something is dreadfully wrong in this country. America is being cursed!”

www.thetrumpet.com...
In September 2007, Israel bombed Syria’s nuclear facility. Some analysts said this nearly started World War iii! There was the Hamas takeover of Gaza in June of 2007. And then the National Intelligence Estimate of December 2007, which signified, as we wrote at the time, “a nation-destroying change in American foreign policy.”

In 2008, Russia invaded Georgia, Iran conquered Lebanon, Germany conquered Kosovo, the United States ran Musharraf out of office, adding to Pakistan’s instability, and the U.S. economy came within a few minutes of total financial meltdown.

In 2009, the new leadership in the United States spent the year courting its traditional enemies while at the same time sticking it in the eye of our allies. Israel went to war with Hamas in Gaza, Iran crushed a democratic uprising called the Green Revolution, and the Lisbon Treaty became Europe’s new constitution! That same year, Europe was rocked by a financial crisis, which opened the way for Germany to ride to the rescue.

In 2010, for all intents and purposes, Iraq fell to Iran—something we have been predicting for years. The U.S. dollar came under assault. America’s strong traditional ties with Israel unraveled. Britain surrendered its military sovereignty. And then there were the natural disasters: Last year, more human beings died in natural disasters than any other year on record! The Associated Press called 2010 “the year the Earth struck back.”

This year, Bible prophecy has accelerated in spectacular fashion—particularly in the Middle East and Europe.

These are not normal times! “Time was,” Herbert Armstrong wrote in Are We in the Last Days?, “when some wild-eyed freak shouting a ‘doomsday’ warning was ridiculed as ‘off his rocker.’ But today serious world leaders and scientists are saying grave things about the current drift in world conditions.”

In Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jesus Christ what would be the sign of His coming and of the end of the world. Notice the first and most important warning Christ gave: “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many” (verses 4-5).

This religious deception is the first horseman of the apocalypse! And this isn’t referring to deception coming from non-Christian religions. Jesus said many people would be deceived about His message—about what true Christianity really is.

Christ continued in verse 14, “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

The word end here is not the same as the Greek word used for the end of the age (see verse 3). Thayer’s Lexicon defines the word end in verse 14 this way: “In the Greek writing, always the end of some act or state, but not the end of a period of time. … What end is intended the reader must determine by the context.”

So what really ended? When the gospel was preached around the world as a witness, then that work ended. It was the end of the Philadelphia era and the beginning of the Laodicean era in God’s Church (Revelation 3:7-20). A man came and finished an end-time work (Zechariah 4:9). Then he was taken out of the way (2 Thessalonians 2:7). For more on this subject, study our free book Malachi’s Message to God’s Church Today.

Never before has there been anything like this, nor will there ever be again, it says in verse 21 of Matthew 24. “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened” (verse 22).

Notice what Mr. Armstrong wrote about this passage in the booklet mentioned above: “This is a prophecy, as it plainly states, for the last days. When I was a little boy, 90 years ago, those conditions were not true or escalating as they have been within the last 20 or 30 years. … The weapons have never existed in all history that could have laid all cities waste until the hydrogen bomb of some 30 years ago. How significant that this became possible only during the time while this gospel of the Kingdom was going from nation to nation into all the world for a witness to all nations.”

Numerous other Bible passages describe these frightful conditions, Mr. Armstrong went on to write. “Person is against person, even within a large proportion of families. Group is against group. Nation is against nation. Violence is escalating as never before in history. Terrorism is throwing fear and consternation into people all over the world.”

But all of this, Jesus plainly revealed, culminates in His literal return to this Earth: “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory” (verse 30).

Jesus Christ returns the same way He left this Earth 2,000 years ago (Acts 1:11). Only this time He’s not coming to die for mankind. He’s coming to forcibly put an end to human suffering and sin and to set up the glorious Kingdom of the living God!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by hab22

Deception sure was a key issue in the last days.
The writer of Hebrews said Christ's first coming was in "these last days" (Hebrews 1:2). So, where does that leave your last days?

The question is "the last days of what?", right? The earth is still here so they weren't talking about the last days of the earth. They are talking about covenant ages. When the NT writers are speaking of the last days they are talking about the Sinai covenant; the last days of the Sinai covenant. Now, the OT is filled with people and events and objects with precise measurements, even a calendar (the very encampment of the 12 tribes is in fact a big clock- that is why 12: for hours and months- this is why we are given such precise measurements- ever wonder why God felt it necessary to put the precise measurements of the ark in the bible? Why all these measurements that God said "make it exactly like the pattern I show you"? It's because He is conveying information about TIME and that information has to come to us in exact measurement for it to do us any good; and we will find that, just as at the first coming, so at the second coming timing is everything not only can we know what day the second coming will occur- but it is now mandatory knowledge in order to survive the coming test: recall that when Jesus wept over Jerusalem (and analogue for the church) He said it would be destroyed- not one stone on another- for one specific reason: "Because you did not know the TIME of your visitation" but I'm now digressing and I apologize for that...)

Okay so the Sinai covenant. We can call it the "earthly" covenant because it is all visible analogues being used to convey information concerning the invisible things; we are using "fire" to analogue "truth"; we are using "Jerusalem" to analogue the church; etc. So the Sinai covenant is in fact one big earthly analogue of heavenly things. Okay, so Jesus came to begin the New Covenant, right? What this is going to do is cause the end of the Sinai covenant for good, and bring in the New Covenant in Christ, right?

So this is what they mean when they are talking about the "last days" in that day it was describing the end of the Sinai covenant age. Now we are in the New Covenant age- but that is also going to have its "last days" because it is the completion of the analogue: that is to say, we can look at the Sinai covenant age as "the age of the earthly" and this New Covenant age as "the age of the heavenly": now, as the earthly passed away upon completion, so will the heavenly; remember the Preacher who said, "That which was is that which will be, and that which is done is that which shall be done"

So as they lived through the last days of the Sinai covenant, we are living through the last days of the New covenant; the one is an analogue of the other to help us understand what to expect at the second coming. From the institution of the New covenant that Jews had 40 years to respond, and they produced no fruit as a nation so the temple was destroyed, and that was that- so long Sinai. By the way, did you know the two temples were destroyed on the exact same day of Av 9? Because these things occur on specific days. Look here:

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

"the last day" is Tishri 22; that is the very last appointed moed of the year. When Jesus talks about raising someone up at "the last day" you may as well put "Tishri 22" in there as a synonym. Now look at the conclusion of the Revelation:

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Does that look to be expressed in a way similar to what Jesus said on "that great day of the feast"?

Okay, so touching on the spirit of the question: look around you. Does the world look radically different than it ever has in the entire course of history? Notice the off-the-charts explosion of technology? It's time to start realizing that the world we live in is radically different than anything has ever been in the earth. I should think this would be any Christian's first clue that something is a tad askew. But we grew up in technology so it seems normal- but it is anything but normal. Do Christians out there actually think there is nothing abnormal about this? Is the explosion of technology just some kind of strange unexpected process? "If you just leave history alone, pretty soon you will get Cray supercomputers, nuclear weaponry and cheesy poofs."?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Also to add quickly, concerning the last days of Sinai and to further illustrate the analogue nature of the bible:

Paul tells us at Gal that Jerusalem which is (that is, the earthly city- the Jews) is an analogue of Hagar the first wife of Abraham, and Ishmael is an analogue of the Jews; and that Isaac is an analogue of the Christians. Now, remember in the gospels this one event where Jesus goes into Jerusalem and into the temple; he looks around on "all things" then leaves. The next day He is going back and sees a fig tree with leaves. Jesus is hungry so He goes over to the fig tree but finds nothing but leaves on it. He commands:

Mr 11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

Okay look at what Jesus said. This is a fig tree that Jesus curses. Why a fig tree? The fact that Jesus specifically cursed a fig tree- not an olive tree or a fir tree or even just a generic tree- a specific fig tree. Jesus then goes into Jerusalem and casts the money changers out and suffers no man to carry any vessel through.

Okay listen: Hagar is Sinai; the children of Sinai are the Jews. The fig tree is an analogue of a sanctuary. When Jesus curses the fig tree, He is cursing the sanctuary of the Jews; He has gone into the sanctuary looking "round about on all things" to find some fruit: He is hungry (for fruit analogue; which is works of righteousness); but Jesus finds no fruit in the sanctuary, so leaves. When He returns, He curses a fig tree (an analogue of the sanctuary) and drives out everything that doesn't belong (this event is also an analogue of the second coming when Christ will drive out of His kingdom "all that offends".

Okay now wait- recall what Jesus said here: "No man eat fruit of thee"? Does that command sound familiar? What did God say to Adam? Look; Eden is an analogue of the second coming. Adam is mankind; Eve is the church (which was taken out of man to help him); the serpent is the false Christ; the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is ? Notice that Adam and Eve cover their nakedness with what? Fig leaves? And the fig tree Jesus commanded no man ever eat of again had only, fig leaves?

The false Christ is going to deceive the church into eating of the tree which Christ commanded we should not eat. That's when the voice of the Lord walking in the garden will be heard. That's when Adam and Eve did what? Tried to hide? And what do the kings of the earth do in the revelation? Try to hide, don't they? All of these things are pointing to each other to give a complete comprhension of the invisible things through providing visible analogues.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by hab22

And that's what happens when you take one clear reference to last days and apply to it a completely unrelated and obviously metaphorical reference to God's perception of time.
Do you have any justifiable reason to apply these to each other? Because when I used to do the same thing, all I was doing was just trying to make Scripture fit my own Futurist bias.

Also, the "Sabbath rest" that we are yet to enter is our eternal rest in heaven, in God's presence, not some coming 1000-year rest, which you'll only get from Hebrews 4 if you apply to it passages that are completely unrelated.

I still don't understand this need to take bits and pieces of Scripture and fit them into a puzzle of your own making, as if Scripture makes no sense unless you cut it up verse by verse and rearrange it. But, then, I used to do the same thing, so....
edit on 4-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

CLPrime,

Read II Peter 3. It's really tiring arguing with someone who can't face the obvious. What holds you back? Is it a large retirement fund?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

A large retirement fund? Not a chance with all these student loans.
Like I've told you, I used to believe exactly what you do, and used the same arguments you do. But, I did come to see the obvious, and that's why I don't believe it anymore.

I have read 2 Peter 3 over and over again. And what's obvious is that it has nothing to do what you're applying it to. Peter was explaining why God seemed to be slow in his promise. Peter could have just as easily said that a day with the Lord is as a hundred thousand years, and a hundred thousand years are as a day. His point was, God does thing when the time is right. God is never slow - or fast, for that matter. You can then turn around and apply this verse to other passages to make them mean different things, but the fact remains...you have no right to do so, and no justification.
edit on 5-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by hab22

A large retirement fund? Not a chance with all these student loans. Like I've told you, I used to believe exactly what you do, and used the same arguments you do. But, I did come to see the obvious, and that's why I don't believe it anymore. I have read 2 Peter 3 over and over again. And what's obvious is that it has nothing to do what you're applying it to. Peter was explaining why God seemed to be slow in his promise. Peter could have just as easily said that a day with the Lord is as a hundred thousand years, and a hundred thousand years are as a day. His point was, God does thing when the time is right. God is never slow - or fast, for that matter. You can then turn around and apply this verse to other passages to make them mean different things, but the fact remains...you have no right to do so, and no justification.
edit on 5-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

God said in Genesis 6:3 "My spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be one hundred and twenty years." This, according to my research, refers to the 120 years of Jubilee (120 times 49 = 5880 years) housed within the 6000 years or six days of history, during which time Satan rules the earth, causing mankind to contend with God.

Adam and Eve, according to my Jubilee calculations, lived 120 years of freedom in the Garden before they rebelled. This is from 4013 BC to 3893 BC. Genesis 5:3 tells us Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born. Therefore Seth was born ten years after the fall. This means Cain and Abel were born in the Garden. Which is why, when Eve was judged, she was told her pains in labor would INCREASE (inferring she had already experienced child bearing).

There are 6000 years from 4013 BC to 2015 AD, if you consider a 27 year discrepancy in the Anno Domini calender discovered by European dendrochronologists (tree ring scientists) in the 1980s.

There are 5880 years (or 120 Jubilees) from 3893 BC to 2015 if you take into account this 27 year discrepancy in the Anno Domini calendar.

There are exactly 40 Jubilees from the beginning of Christ's ministry in 28 AD (the 15th year of Tiberiius according to the Julian calendar) to 2015, if you consider the 27 year discrepancy in the Anno Domini calendar.

The Jewish year 2015-16 is exactly one Jubilee (49 years) removed from 1966-67, when the Jews took over Jerusalem, which is exactly one Jubilee (49 years) removed from 1917-18, when the Turks were chased out of Jerusalem by the Brits. The 1917-18 Jubilee ended 8 Jubilees of Turkish rule over Jerusalem. This all lines up exactly with a 490 year Jubilee prophecy given in 1217 AD by the founder of the Hasidic movement of Judaism, Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel. He described the last ten Jubilees from Jerusalem's perspective, with the Messiah coming in 2015!

There will be a total solar eclipse over Jerusalem on March 20, 2015, which is the first of Nissan, the beginning of the last seven Jewish months, leading up to the great Jubilee. On the first day of the feasts of Passover and Tabernacles in 2014 AND 2015, there will be blood moons (total lunar eclipses). Four blood moons and one solar eclipse! Could they signal a great Jubilee in the fall of 2015? As Peter said in Acts 2:20 "The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord."

It is quite plausible that exactly 6000 years of earth history and 120 Jubilees both coincide during the same fall feasts of 2015. The 7th day Sabbath Rest would coincide with 1) the 80th Jubilee from the call of Abraham to seek out the land of promise, 2) the 70th Jubilee from when the children of Israel as a nation entered the promised land, 3) the 40th Jubilee from the beginning of Christ's ministry when He offered a new covenant that sets us free from the debt of sin. Are we approaching "the great and glorious day of the Lord?"

What must transpire first? 42 months or 1260 days, of great tribulation. Which means the spring of 2012 would initiate the "abomination that causes desolations" I believe it is imminent, and should begin with Jerusalem being surrounded by her enemies and becoming downtrodden as both Luke 21:20-24 and Daniel 7:23-25 describe.

Some people view Jubilees as occurring 50 years apart, not 49 years apart. That would make the spring of 2013 as the possible time of the abomination. I don't agree with that assessment, but time will tell. As you say, CLP, "God does things when the time is right."

Some suggest that God will shorten the days of the great tribulation to less than 1260 days, which could push the abomination into the summer or fall of 2012. Only God knows that exact times. When the abomination does occur, we will know for sure. For now it's just a theory. I admit, it's just an unbelievable theory.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hab22

I hath two things to sayeth about that.

Firstethly: many people throughout history have made just as impressive calculations as you have. Take, for instance, the calculations that showed Christ would return in 1844, or that he was going to return last year. The calculations are always impressive. The calculations are always based on Biblical numbers, days, etc. Quite often, the calculation are with the best of intentions. And the calculations are always wrong.

Secondethly (and more importantly, as far as you and I are concerned): if you want to insist, based on these Jubilee-year calculations, that Christ will return in 2015, the only difference between you and I would be that I wouldn't call it the Second Coming. Rather, I would call it whatever event is described in Revelation 20, in the second half of verse 9 (fire from heaven devouring Satan and his followers). I no longer try to calculate and predict future events, but 2015 is as good a date as any. Just don't let it undermine your faith when 2015 comes and goes and the world goes on as usual.

And, just as an aside: in Acts 2:17-21, Peter is quoting Joel 2:28-32, and he is quite obviously saying that the events then-occurring on the Day of Pentecost were the prophecy's fulfillment. It doesn't matter how we want to (re)interpret it - Peter, under the express guidance of the Holy Spirit, is declaring its fulfillment.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by hab22

I hath two things to sayeth about that.

Firstethly: many people throughout history have made just as impressive calculations as you have. Take, for instance, the calculations that showed Christ would return in 1844, or that he was going to return last year. The calculations are always impressive. The calculations are always based on Biblical numbers, days, etc. Quite often, the calculation are with the best of intentions. And the calculations are always wrong.

Secondethly (and more importantly, as far as you and I are concerned): if you want to insist, based on these Jubilee-year calculations, that Christ will return in 2015, the only difference between you and I would be that I wouldn't call it the Second Coming. Rather, I would call it whatever event is described in Revelation 20, in the second half of verse 9 (fire from heaven devouring Satan and his followers). I no longer try to calculate and predict future events, but 2015 is as good a date as any. Just don't let it undermine your faith when 2015 comes and goes and the world goes on as usual.

And, just as an aside: in Acts 2:17-21, Peter is quoting Joel 2:28-32, and he is quite obviously saying that the events then-occurring on the Day of Pentecost were the prophecy's fulfillment. It doesn't matter how we want to (re)interpret it - Peter, under the express guidance of the Holy Spirit, is declaring its fulfillment.

Thanks CLP. It's great to enter into such an intense discussion and come out of it as friends. You have a good heart. We're all in this together, advancing the kingdom of God.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

Sometimes, I feel a lot like Paul. He was said to be bold when he was away, but timid when face-to-face (2 Corinthians 10:1). I've actually been called things akin to timid before, by people who have spoken to me in person. I'm not sure anyone online would say that, though. So, Paul and I may be cut from the same cloth, so-to-speak (and I certainly try to imitate him).

Just keep searching Scripture. Never assume you have it all figured out. Personally, every few weeks, I find myself going back over Scripture, and prophecy in particular, in search of some mistake I've made or some misinterpretation I've overlooked. I never assume I have it all right. And any understanding we have is from God, not by our own wisdom, logic, or calculations. I pray you to keep searching, whether you find yourself in the right or in the wrong.
edit on 6-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Reading the OP, I agree with you. There seems to be a weird energy about this year. I'm no expert on this, but it seems either everyone is so focused on waiting for something to happen, or the increase in energy is due to our current location in the Sky.

If everyone is waiting for something to happen, lets say a disaster, wouldn't that incline people to actually cause some destruction to happen? I mean, most Humans have an ego complex, and fulfilling a prophecy yourself, to cause a great disaster that changes the world would most certainly satiate the ego.

I'll say this. I really do hope something happens this year. Something big. I cannot live in this society anymore. When you get ridiculed for helping out others, it's time for a change. People suck.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by hab22

Sometimes, I feel a lot like Paul. He was said to be bold when he was away, but timid when face-to-face (2 Corinthians 10:1). I've actually been called things akin to timid before, by people who have spoken to me in person. I'm not sure anyone online would say that, though. So, Paul and I may be cut from the same cloth, so-to-speak (and I certainly try to imitate him).

Just keep searching Scripture. Never assume you have it all figured out. Personally, every few weeks, I find myself going back over Scripture, and prophecy in particular, in search of some mistake I've made or some misinterpretation I've overlooked. I never assume I have it all right. And any understanding we have is from God, not by our own wisdom, logic, or calculations. I pray you to keep searching, whether you find yourself in the right or in the wrong.
edit on 6-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

This good to hear, Paul was/is a wise, holy Roman Catholic priest.
He speaks of the Eucharist over and over in the Gospel.

Many non-Catholic Christians mock and trash Paul, they do not like
what he professes. As if they would know better being so near to
Christ.

Pride.....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Paul? A Roman Catholic priest? Are you sure?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One example of Paul speaking of the most Holy Eucharist. He's an
Apostle, He is a priest. "Breaking the bread" is an early reference to the
Eucharist which means thanksgiving. Remember that word thanksgiving,
it comes up again in 1 Cor 11:24.

1 Cor 10:16-17
[16] The chalice of benediction, which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread, which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord? [17] For we, being many, are one bread, one body, all that partake of one bread.

[16] Which we bless: Here the apostle puts them in mind of their partaking of the body and blood of Christ in the sacred mysteries, and becoming thereby one mystical body with Christ. From whence he infers, ver. 21, that they who are made partakers with Christ, by the eucharistic sacrifice and sacrament,...

~ ~ ~

Read Paul's words describing Our Lord's actions and words in 1 Cor 11:24

Jesus consecrated the bread, the bread becomes Himself. A mystery,
a supernatural gift Jesus wants you to believe.

1Cor 11:24
And giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye, and eat: this is my body, which shall be delivered for you: this do for the commemoration of me.

verses taken frrom the English translation of the first Bible, St. Jerome's Latin Vulgate, the Douay- Rheims Bible. www.drbo.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Well...the Roman Catholic Church can hardly lay claim to the Apostle Paul. If Paul were alive today, he'd probably dedicate more than one epistle to the explicit condemnation of the Roman Catholic Church. Not to mention its perversion of the word "priest."

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interpretations for the so-called "Abomination of Desolation" prophecy presented in this thread fail on at lest two fundamental historical prerequisites:

Historical evidence for:
1.) a "seven year treaty"
2.) The halting of the "daily" - 3 1/2 years following the ratification of the treaty and 3 1/2 years prior to "one who causes desolation"

No evidence exists that these prerequisites occurred at any time in history prior to the 1993 - 2000 Oslo Accords.

Couple this fact with the fact that the Oslo Accords were ratified 3 1/2 "weeks of years" after the modern restoration of Jerusalem, and what you've got is an emerging divine design that is easy to see.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Alpha Arietis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join