It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot Freaks On Jetblue Flight! WTH Is Going On?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
U.S. government hides alarming air-safety report

"NASA should focus on how we can provide information to the public, not on how we can withhold it," NASA Administrator Michael Griffin said in a statement. He said the agency's research and data "should be widely available and subject to review and scrutiny."

Last week, NASA ordered the contractor that conducted the survey to purge all related data from its computers. Congress intervened Monday, saying it will launch a formal investigation and instruct NASA to keep all its data. Griffin said he already was ordering that all survey data be preserved.

NASA Airplane Safety Report Stalled

More wasted money and coverup by NASA

NASA spent at least $8.5 million to design and conduct the survey.

NASA surveyed some 24,000 commercial and general aviation pilots over nearly four years, but the data, collected through early 2005, have never been released. Just six days ago, those affiliated with the project got an e-mail, asking them to turn over any data to NASA and delete survey information from their personal computers.

The Associated Press said it had been trying, unsuccessfully, to get the data released through a Freedom of Information Act request. Just how sensitive the information is seems clear in a document from NASA denying that FOIA request. NASA said "release of the data ... could materially affect the public confidence in, and the commercial welfare of, the air carriers."

Members of Congress have now demanded that the data be preserved and presented to lawmakers.

In a statement, NASA administrator Michael Griffin said, "As a general practice, I believe that NASA research and data should be widely available." The administrator has now taken steps to make sure the safety survey data is preserved and the agency is looking into whether it can release it.

abcnews.go.com...

So where exactly is that data now that NASA spent 8.5 million collecting and took an act of Congress to release? And just why doesn't NASA keep its business in Space?

Makes one go Hmmmmm

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Stop talking out of your.....well.....your A%%......

EXCUSE me??? If you can't have a discussion without being rude, I would suggest you not post.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Seems that heavy drinking by pilots is a real problem... that is why NASA tried to cover up that report, because the number of pilots that fly drunk would scare the crap out of most people

NASA even has that problem with astronauts

just google drunk pilots and astronauts... its an epidemic :shk:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Because of your rudeness, you will be ignored ......
On topic, it is well known that pilots have been found to fly drunk on a few occaisions and some do take stimulants.
edit on 3/27/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Maybe some way, some how, there is a covert operation that is subliminally messing with airline employee psyches - Manchurian Candidate, MK Ultra style?

Okay, I'll step off my crazy train now....but it sure is weird.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
First....the stewardess freakout...Now a CAPTAIN flips his lid and disrupts a flight....What's going on with these people??

It's the lack of oxygen at high altitudes. It can cause hallucinations and psychotic episodes.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just to justify what I was saying....it HAS happened that some airline pilots use stimulants

Here's an article about some pilots who were caught high on meth and had ecstasy on them......the pilots were caught smoking crystal meth only 3 hours before their scheduled flight. It does happen.
www.thejakartaglobe.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
recent headline

Drunk pilot delays Frontier Airlines flight from Omaha to Milwaukee

Passengers were delayed for nearly two hours when their allegedly drunk pilot was stopped at an airport before getting onto their flight. The pilot, who was not arrested, was due to fly a Frontier Airlines plane from Omaha, Nebraska, to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on Thursday. But a hotel shuttle bus driver told police that he thought the pilot may have been drunk and unfit to take control of Flight 1894, due to take off at 6am.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Aeroflot says drunk pilot 'no big deal' - Telegraph

Passengers who accused the Russian captain of an Aeroflot flight of being drunk were told by the airline that intoxication was 'no big deal'.
The extraordinary claim followed a mutiny by over 100 passengers at Moscow airport. They demanded that the flight crew of a New York-bound Boeing 767 be replaced after the pilot had appeared on the aircraft's tannoy apparently slurring and stumbling over his words

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Alleged Drunk Pilot Arrested - CBS News

Minutes before a Southwest Airlines plane was to take off Sunday, the co-pilot was taken off and arrested by the FBI on suspicion of being intoxicated. A Transportation Security Agency screener at Salt Lake City International Airport reported to supervisors that the man's breath smelled of alcohol when he went through a security screening line, FBI spokesman Patrick Kiernan said. Airport police removed him from the aircraft, Kiernan said.

www.cbsnews.com...

AeroMexico cabin crew stops drunk pilots from flying home

Cabin crew members of an AeroMexico flight stopped their flight deck colleagues from entering the cockpit when they suspected the pair were under the influence of alcohol. Local police were called and performed a breathalyzer test. The co-pilot tested positive, but the pilot refused to cooperate.

www.gadling.com...

Was the captain drinking?

HERE's a story for you. Last week, the Consumerist published the account of a 51 year old woman who was kicked off a Delta Air Lines flight after she asked whether the pilot had been drinking:

www.economist.com...

A very LONG list Those were only on page 1 of search

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

My "previous" post was to illustrate the inordinate amount of (overly) media attention paid.

Look....many in certain professions come to be the n"butt" of jokes....this is understood.

Rising to the defence of those accused, BEFORE all of the facts are in , is also something to be understood, and considered.

link   

Just to justify what I was saying....it HAS happened that some airline pilots use stimulants

Drugs and flying
www.pilotfriend.com...

Airline Pilots On Antidepressant Psychiatric Drugs, FAA Approves, Peter McCarthy

Must see video THIS IS SCARY

Airline Pilots On Antidepressant Psychiatric Drugs, FAA Approves, Peter McCarthy

The FAA recently removed a ban which now allows airline pilots to fly when they are taking certain types of antidepressant medications.

Antidepressant drugs have a host of unwanted side effects associated with them that could potentially affect a pilots ability to control a plane.

Additionally, do you really want to be on a plane with a pilot who has been diagnosed with a mental disorder such as depression and bipolar disorder? It is also known that 2 out of 3 people taking antidepressant medications still experience symptoms of depression even when taking the drugs.

Peter is the Chief Executive Officer and Wellness Director of Life Energy Holistic Partners, Inc. and holds the degree of Doctor of Naturopathy from Trinity College of Natural Health. He is a Nationally Board Certified Traditional Naturopath and is a member of the Advisory Committee of the American Naturopathic Certification Board.

edit on 27-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

link   
This is from 2003, but relavant....not saying this man was under the influence of drugs.....it's just FYI
www.dui.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Dear Herr "zorgon"...

Specious use of specious cases.....absent the far, far, far greater and LARGER sub-set of other data.

Par, for the (your) course......(n'est pas?).....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yes, it's from 2003.

Your "point"??

ETA...this has (as yet) NO relevance to this JetBlue pilot. (Unless "you", like the so-called MSM that is so reviled here on ATS, wish to "Try and Judge" this person???)

If so, then have at it.....
edit on Tue 27 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That video is a joke......isn't it?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
My "previous" post was to illustrate the inordinate amount of (overly) media attention paid.

Seems to me that not enough media attention is being put on the situation... NASA hiding that report needing an act of congress to get it released...

FAA allowing drug use )see video above)

And THAT guy is a real pilot...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That video is a joke......isn't it?

The first one... yes but humor often gets the point across

the second one on the drugs... no joke

But certain people pushing agendas would like to sweep it under the table as no big deal

And then we get reports like the OP...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I said I wouldn't reply, but I feel like I have to.... I NEVER said this pilot was on drugs.....if you can't read those posts, and get the point, I don't know what to tell you. No one, including myself has accused anyone of anything. We are merely having a discussion. You seem hell bent to start some sort of argument for no reason whatsoever. Now please.....if you want to join the discussion, go back and read before you hurl insults and accuse people of saying things they did not say. The facts are that the pilot freaked out and caused a disruption. That is the fact. Now.....please try to be civil and polite to people if you have something to contribute...thanks.
edit on 3/27/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036
Problem: TSA, AIRPORTS, AND AIRLINES SUCK
Reaction: PEOPLE ARE GETTING TIRED OF THIS CRAP
Solution:QUIT FLYING AND STOP SUPPORTING THE AIRLINES!

NASA mum on plane data that might scare you
October 22, 2007

Story Highlights
NASA chief to reconsider how much of the findings can be made public
Official said revealing findings could damage public confidence in airlines
Survey's purpose was to develop a new way to track safety trends, problems
FAA is confident it can identify safety problems before they lead to accidents

MOFFETT FIELD, California (AP) -- An unprecedented national survey of pilots by the U.S. government has found that safety problems like near collisions and runway interference occur far more frequently than previously recognized. But the government is withholding the information, fearful it would upset air travelers and hurt airline profits.

CNN report

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

you know...this guy sure didn't think it through too well, now did he? so...it would seem as though he didn't really flip his switch??? i mean...if he were truly going to flip his switch, it would be subconscious, which would be smart enough to do it when he could actually hurt someone. so i'd say he's bluffing.

this doesn't make sense. he didn't really wanna kill anyone. wonder what new flight laws will come from this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join