It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by sith9157
I'm embarassed to be from Michigan anymore

Anymore??

Man, I don't admit to being from Michigan in any scenario in my corporeal life. I moved out of the pit of despair of Arenac County (right in the middle of the three poorest counties in Michigan about 45 minutes north of Saginaw) 9 years ago and never went back.

However, I am glad they are finally doing something about the boar. Those things were out of control 9 years ago, and I am glad that they took over a decade to figure out the best way to go about controlling the problem.

That's the least of our problems. We have 2 of the most violent cities in the country..Flint and Detroit, and I must say, I completely stay out of both of them. I used to be a season ticket holder for the Red Wings, I don't even feel like going down there anymore

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Anymore??

Man, I don't admit to being from Michigan in any scenario in my corporeal life. I moved out of the pit of despair of Arenac County (right in the middle of the three poorest counties in Michigan about 45 minutes north of Saginaw) 9 years ago and never went back.

However, I am glad they are finally doing something about the boar. Those things were out of control 9 years ago, and I am glad that they took over a decade to figure out the best way to go about controlling the problem.

That's the least of our problems. We have 2 of the most violent cities in the country..Flint and Detroit, and I must say, I completely stay out of both of them. I used to be a season ticket holder for the Red Wings, I don't even feel like going down there anymore

Back when I was hitch-hiking, I got dropped at the south end of Detroit. I walked through the city, spent the night along side I-75, walked down by old Tigers Stadium and the new Ford Field, and then followed a road up through Auburn Hills until I found my way in Royal Oak. When I was in the Detroit proper, I saw -6- people. It looked like a ghost town. That was the scariest part to me, the sheer lack of people. I saw plenty of people on 75, but no people in the city itself.

As for Flint, stay away from MLK Boulevard and you shouldn't have too much trouble.. but you are right, both cities are pretty bad off. However, those two cities do not make the boar less of a problem, and the DNR have less to do in Flint and Detroit, so it isn't as if they are diverting their focus away from crime, as those statistics are outside of DNR involvement.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Anymore??

Back when I was hitch-hiking, I got dropped at the south end of Detroit. I walked through the city, spent the night along side I-75, walked down by old Tigers Stadium and the new Ford Field, and then followed a road up through Auburn Hills until I found my way in Royal Oak. When I was in the Detroit proper, I saw -6- people. It looked like a ghost town. That was the scariest part to me, the sheer lack of people. I saw plenty of people on 75, but no people in the city itself.

As for Flint, stay away from MLK Boulevard and you shouldn't have too much trouble.. but you are right, both cities are pretty bad off. However, those two cities do not make the boar less of a problem, and the DNR have less to do in Flint and Detroit, so it isn't as if they are diverting their focus away from crime, as those statistics are outside of DNR involvement.

You are so right, downtown is not the same anymore. Wow, you only saw six people, I'm not suprised...BTW, I wouldn't go to the Flint area even if they were handing out $1,000 bills to everyone entering the city

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here is another good video from a farmer directly effected by this.

The idiots claiming to be self appointed experts because they live in Michigan and claim this is no big deal and what the people of Michigan want need to step into the 21st century. I can listen to the people this directly effects and get firsthand information. I don't need some arrogant self appointed expert to claim I can't possibly know whats going on.

I am also an expert in dealing the government tyranny and law on many fronts for over 30 years. I know what this law says and does and the powers it grants government. I know governments track record even in Michigan. The fools who don't believe that and spout rhetoric not even in the language of the regulation are completely clueless and like most will remain so until they get a knock on their door or it kicked in and swat teams arrive for something so deadly and dangerous as raw milk or similar.

This is not a protective measure despite the idiot sheeple believing it is. This is nothing more then government protecting markets for the politically protected class (in this case the corporate Michigan pork industry) along with granting themselves more power over peoples lives and livelihoods... It's too bad the sheeple are still so naive and ignorant of these things. It just further reiterates that a majority will not wake up until a full blown police state is in complete operation.... hopefully it will not be too late at the point...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well I have idea I have always believed in the power of compromise. Since I stand on one side of the fence and you the other lets take down the fence. The most productive things happen when you take down barriers. So I volenteer to be your boots on the ground. Im in the thick of it. I'll keep you updated and posted on the happenings around me and i'll actually get involved in disscusion with the farmers and DNR officers and see how this is affecting them. I do know how state laws tend to spread. I'll contact the pig farm where we have purchased pigs in the past to hear thier reaction (its a pretty large operation with lots of varieties and breeds). And i'll get in touch with smaller local farms. And i'll even try to contact my state rep I used to be in 4-H with him. Not all politictians are bought and paid for. I still believe its not a large scale annihilation scheme but will do some leg work for both of us in case there is some wool over my eye's. Are you willing to try this both sides approach?
reply to post by hawkiye

So when someone tries to extend the the ole olive branch and is willing to try comprimise and consideration you jump right to labeling them sheeple and idiots.Well sir in my opinion you have lost legitamacy when someone tries to act cordial and tries to get tangible result you simply ignore thier post???

Well shame on you... that is the act of someone with no class. I dont understand how you can exclude and mock people for seeing things diffrently. Oh wait we are on the internet...
I suppose you maybe be an expert on the subject and have been battling tyranny and are on the front line trying to defend the freedoms that we all love and desire, but to when you act this way no one will listen. And since i'm sure you no longer want me posting on this thread I will respectivly withdraw from posting on it.

Gone like the wind.
-citizenjack

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In my opinion these people, this family, is what AMERICA (used to be) all about.

If you can't support anything else in your life - support them.

A father of 10 - facing felony charges for raising hogs - his way. And his way = the right way. Pigs able to 'root' in the ground, under the sun, free from hormones and closed spaces and hate.

Watch the video from just a few days ago here: Watch here

peace

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
oops double
edit on 2-4-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
The idiots claiming to be self appointed experts because they live in Michigan and claim this is no big deal and what the people of Michigan want need to step into the 21st century. I can listen to the people this directly effects and get firsthand information. I don't need some arrogant self appointed expert to claim I can't possibly know whats going on.

You are the one being arrogant, chum. You are claiming that you have a better feel for Michigan than people that actually live/lived there most of their lives because you've watched a few videos? Nothing says hubris like a guy claiming to know more than others based on logical fallacy like argument from small numbers.

I am also an expert in dealing the government tyranny and law on many fronts for over 30 years. I know what this law says and does and the powers it grants government. I know governments track record even in Michigan. The fools who don't believe that and spout rhetoric not even in the language of the regulation are completely clueless and like most will remain so until they get a knock on their door or it kicked in and swat teams arrive for something so deadly and dangerous as raw milk or similar.

Please cite the language of the regulation that states swat teams are going to kick in my door for something so deadly as raw milk. Also, in your expert Pork Tyranny opinion, how long do we have until the Pig King takes over?

This is not a protective measure despite the idiot sheeple believing it is. This is nothing more then government protecting markets for the politically protected class (in this case the corporate Michigan pork industry) along with granting themselves more power over peoples lives and livelihoods... It's too bad the sheeple are still so naive and ignorant of these things. It just further reiterates that a majority will not wake up until a full blown police state is in complete operation.... hopefully it will not be too late at the point...

You tell 'em! The goverment's plan to slowly take away all of our freedoms is so meticulous that they are going to ban what animals we can own individually until all of them are the King's, right? You seem to be genuinely interest concerned about government tyranny, perhaps your years of experience fighting government oppression has got you fighting giants where only windmills stand.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is from Michigan DNR. Some of you folks need to get your story right!

www.michigan.gov...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It is already happening. Saw it on the local TV news, they busted two hog ranches north of me. The pig owners have had months to kill their piggies, and had done so before the deadline so they wouldn't be charged with a felony. The pigs they showed on TV looked like wild pigs to me (black and hairy), however that could have been stock footage, I'm not sure though. Still, they should have been grandfathered and allowed to continue until they quit the business or died. The DNR should compensate them.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
It is already happening. Saw it on the local TV news, they busted two hog ranches north of me. The pig owners have had months to kill their piggies, and had done so before the deadline so they wouldn't be charged with a felony. The pigs they showed on TV looked like wild pigs to me (black and hairy), however that could have been stock footage, I'm not sure though. Still, they should have been grandfathered and allowed to continue until they quit the business or died. The DNR should compensate them.

When was this story? What channel?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A society which can feed itself has no use for government when TSHTF.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

Don't know what your talking about. Did you even read the DNR page? I doubt it!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLCCLL

Don't know what your talking about. Did you even read the DNR page? I doubt it!

I haven't read the DNR's page yet, but that's not what I was commenting on. I saw a report on TV 9&10 News, Cadillac, Michigan.

Here's an overview of the report I saw . . .

Kalkaska County Pig Farmer Forced to Kill Pigs Due to DNR Ban1069
The DNR banned several varieties of pigs in December of 2010 calling them feral.
Farmers had until April 1st of this year to get rid of them or face charges, and thousands in fines.
Tuesday17April20126:18 PMEDT2012-04-17 22:18:49…DNR banned several varieties of pigs in December of 2010 calling them feral . Farmers had until April 1st of this year to get rid of them or face charges, and thousands in fines. The DNR tells us they have not killed any feral swine . News kalkaska county Deer Tracks Ranch feral pigs By Sara Simnitch Reporter [email protected]

And here's the most recent report . . .

www.9and10news.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
LLCCLL, I just read the Michigan DNR page you suggested. Here's my take on that.

"There have been no raids on properties. . . .

the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has conducted inspections on game ranches and breeding facilities throughout Michigan. . . .

Every inspection starts with a request for voluntary access to inspect the facility. If access is not voluntarily granted, the DNR seeks a court-issued inspection warrant or a court order."

OK, so they ask to do a voluntary inspection and if you don't comply they bring in the courts, they issue a warrant and you are then forced to comply. They don't conduct raids, they just conduct forced inspections! Nice choice of words if you ask me.

". . . The DNR has not arrested anybody in enforcing the order. The DNR will continue to work with property owners on a voluntary basis wherever possible."

If voluntary is not an option, they get a warrant issued and if the accused pig owner resists the warrant, they will get arrested and fined or possibly worse. The wording "where possible" is key and implies arrests will be made if need be.

"The DNR has killed no swine in enforcing the order. To date, the DNR has inspected only . . ."

The ranch owners are probably too poor to put up a legal battle and don't wish to get jailed and fined, so they probably sold what they could and killed the rest. The key words here are "The DNR has killed no swine . . .To date".

If killing the swine is cheaper than confiscating and selling them, you can bet that will be what they will do.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

You are claiming that you have a better feel for Michigan than people that actually live/lived there most of their lives because you've watched a few videos? Nothing says hubris like a guy claiming to know more than others based on logical fallacy like argument from small numbers. 

Oh yeah Small numbers... One chump claims he lives in Michigan so must know better. In my experience most people have no clue what's going on even in their own backyard. I am listening to pig farmers whom this directly effects and you claim to know better then them... Speaking of logical fallacies... Sigh!

Please cite the language of the regulation that states swat teams are going to kick in my door for something so deadly as raw milk.

Please cite the language in any regulation that states swat teams will kick in peoples doors for things like raw milk yet it is a fact that they have done so that any idiot would know unless they live under a rock...

You tell 'em! The goverment's plan to slowly take away all of our freedoms is so meticulous that they are going to ban what animals we can own individually until all of them are the King's, right? You seem to be genuinely interest concerned about government tyranny, perhaps your years of experience fighting government oppression has got you fighting giants where only windmills stand.

Never heard of NIAS I guess so apparently you do live under a rock and continue to talk out your ass as usual...

edit on 22-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So, basically, you have nothing to support anything you are saying.

Thought as much.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LLCCLL

I wonder why the mods gave you that little spank LLCCLL? I noticed you've been registered about a month now and have no original posts of your own. Just a newbie I'm guessing. Hope I didn't ruffle your feathers, your fur or your fins.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Obviously you can't read. I kinda thought you were just a tool!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join