It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wallops' rocket launch: Climate engineering field test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted already. I did a search, but nothing showed.

Photo: Milky white trails follow Wallops rocket launch

hamptonroads.com...

Shortly after the last rocket launched, commentators on NASA's webcast said sightings of chemical trails released by the rockets had been reported from Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, West Virginia and Wilmington, N.C.

The tracer trails looked milky-white and were intended to help scientists see how winds move in space.

The article goes on to say that the launch had been scrubbed numerous times because of unsuitable weather and low visibility from Wallops Island, North Carolina, and New Jersey.

Scientists needed clear skies to view the trails.

The Anomalous Transport Rocket Experiment, or ATREX, will gather information to better understand the high-altitude jet stream.

The next launch from the facility is scheduled for May.

To learn more, visit the mission page on the NASA website.

(Please visit the link for the photo)
Well, it appears that this is truly smoking gun evidence that NASA is field testing "chemical trails" to see how they travel with the jet stream. I have to believe that this is why NASA has allowed its space program to be dissolved. They are obviously more interested in climate engineering. I'm sure there's more money in it and they certainly have to means to conduct the tests.

The question now is: Will this finally convince the debunkers and naysayers that our government is moving forward with their plans to engineer Earth's climate?
edit on 27-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here is the video of the ATREX launch from NASA's website:
www.nasa.gov...

And another on the jet stream or high altitude current
www.nasa.gov...
The video states that the rockets are releasing chemical tracers and that glow when they combine with oxygen.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

There's already a thread discussing it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well worth the read.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I saw that, but if you look at the times posted, mine was done two minutes prior.
I guess great minds think alike.

Also, his is in the wrong forum. These launches are NOT for space exploration.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I got 18 days myself...

And it's in the geo-engineering forum.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It's quite simple.

Aquarist posted a thread on this subject 18 days before you, not 2 minutes.

You also said he posted in the wrong forum, but it's in the same forum as this thread and is implying similar things as you are.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
And finally, don't ignore the link provided and assume it's an entirely different thread.

Will save you from future embarrassing moments such as this...

edit on 27/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Well, a link would've helped me to understand you. It's that simple.

Anyways, this will most likely be my last thread on ATS. I'm tired of seeing people get ripped by wannabe mods because the search button doesn't work as it should. How come you didn't let the other Op know about this thread that was made a month ago? Do you play favorites often?

Also, my thread was created to discuss climate engineering specifically and how this is a field test for future projects.

Another thing I don't understand is how ATS allows a dozen threads about Trayvon v. Zimmerman, but other duplicates get the axe.

In conclusion, I'm sorry you have a problem with mine. I hope you get asked to be a mod soon, but I probably won't be around to see it.

Have a great day!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I figured you were speaking about this thread started today by Ophiuchus 13.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I refuse to be embarrassed because of a faulty search button. I also refuse to be embarrassed because I saw his thread on the boards at the same time mine was and at the same time you posted the link. You should be embarrassed for not bringing the same thread link forward in his thread as well. It's obvious that you pick and choose who deserves to be moderated.

So, why don't you go harrass him now, OK?
Fair is fair.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Time for a break dude.

I linked to the thread I was talking about.

I can't help you if you don't see it.

And don't spin this around and blame it on me.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Did you not hear me? I said I'm done posting threads to ATS. If you understood this, you wouldn't be trying to tell me that I need a break. So, now, you're also a wannabe psychiatrist, too? Man, you just keep getting better.

Anyways, chemical trails are being released into the atmosphere and you're more concerned about multiple threads on the subject and who should leave ATS for awhile. You're a real piece of work.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Nope.

Anyways, chemical trails are being released into the atmosphere .....

As previously noted, this up-coming experiment (many times delayed (as of the date of this post), due to either unfavorable viewing conditions, AKA weather, or in one case, an intrusion into the safety zone radius by a boat) is NOT....I repeat NOT....releasing chemical trails "into the atmosphere" as you assert there. (And, as was mis-understood as the premise of the Opening Post).

Read it again.

Pay heed to the altitude of the TMA releasing that is planned.

(Hint: At 60 to 6 miles)....

Then, thinking on (^ ^ ^) that height, look up the beginning of "space", above our (livable) atmosphere!!

(Hint: Internationally accepted definition of the beginning of space is at 100 km...or ~62 NM).

ETA: So, contrary to the title of the thread (Geoengineering Field Test), can you see why it (the title) is not correct?

The Wallops Island launches are designed to study things unrelated to "geoengineering" in any way. And, BTW....these are not the first ones.

Personal observation: The entire 'meme' of "chemtrails" has morphed into the beast of mythology that it now exists as because of this very sort of mis-understanding and mis-interpretation of the facts of science, research, and some very benign and day-to-day occurrences.

This is not the result solely of "mischief" on behalf of those who perpetuate the myth (and hoax) of "chemtrails"....some are simply ill-informed, and are thus victims of the true perpetrators of this hoax. The gullible, and ill-informed, are unknowingly used as 'pawns' in the continual spreading of dis-info, and pseudo-science.

Proper information, and education (and most importantly, careful attention to detail in the reading, will (hopefully) continue to expose these 'snake-oil-salesman' tactics that have proliferated in the "chemtrail" hoax for nearly two decades, now.

edit on Tue 27 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Pay heed to the altitude of the TMA releasing that is planned.

I stated that the rockets were releasing chemical trails because that's what the article states.
I did pay heed to the altitude by stating that the trails needed to be visible in NC and New Jersey as well.
The altitude is also important because that's where the jet stream is that is going to carry these chemicals over a wide area.

If you have further comments, please post them in the thread that the Great and Powerful Chadwickus has linked to.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

See my additional comments, above.

And, this requires you to once again, please.....read the information about Wallops missiles with a more keen attention:

The altitude is also important because that's where the jet stream is that is going to carry these chemicals over a wide area.

They are NOT referring, there (when they used the term "jet stream") to the commonly understood atmospheric jet stream that is located near the top of the Earth's troposphere, and in the tropopause, and the lower stratosphere!

Read it again, and note their use of the term to apply to something else!!!

ETA: I realized that I am basing a lot of MY understanding of these tests on the previous articles, the ones that were published before it took place.

But still.....looking at the "Hampton Roads" article, after the fact, this is from that article:

NASA this morning launched five suborbital sounding rockets from the Wallops Flight Facility on the Eastern Shore to help scientists learn more about the jet stream above Earth.

(snipped)

The tracer trails looked milky-white and were intended to help scientists see how winds move in space.

(MY emphasis)...

So again: This experiment has nothing to do with the so-called (and meme-based) hoax and myth of "chemtrails", nor with "geoengineering".

But of course, if not already, I am certain a very many "chemtrail" websites who howl and hoot about stuff they don't understand will be howling and hooting for some time to come.....

edit on Tue 27 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Be done now

Thank you

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

What am I failing to understand?

THE ARTICLE STATES:

commentators on NASA's webcast said sightings of chemical trails released by the rockets had been reported from Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, West Virginia and Wilmington, N.C.

according to the space agency. Scientists needed clear skies to view the trails.

The Anomalous Transport Rocket Experiment, or ATREX, will gather information to better understand the high-altitude jet stream.

Even though the article says that it's designed to see how winds move in space, we all know there's no wind in space, so, of course, they're talking about the upper atmosphere you're speaking about. I'm not skewing any data and please stop talking to me as though I'm an imbicile. Chadwickus has already bashed me pretty good. If you don't like the way I've reported this info, feel free to tell me to leave ATS as well. It appears that this is OK with the mods as long as you don't call people names.

Now, please give credit where credit is due (as I tried with the faulty search function), and post your comments in the thread that was linked to previously.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yes, I completely understand the confusion, from the article.

It is written for the layperson.

The terms "wind in space" refer to the electrons in the ionosphere, and the electrical currents responsible for their movements.

It is an unfortunate choice of terminology they used, in order to "explain" it in non-scientific terms.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell

Be done now

Thank you

Duly noted.

(I'm so glad I don't get off on mini modding and telling people they should get off the island.)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

LOL!!!

A "Survivor" reference? Made me laugh, and smile, thanks!!

Yeah, I agree.....maybe harsh, and that might have been me say....six months ago.

But, you catch more flies with honey, they say (not that I want to catch more flies....why would I??)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join