It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Its sad how people let media and the world influence them. I believe Zimmerman should have been detained but I also believe he should have his chance to talk

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

New information was also revealed Monday about the circumstances of Martin’s visit with his father in Sanford. Crump said that Martin was staying with his father’s fiancee, because he had been recently suspended for 10 days from his high school in Miami after an empty baggie that once held marijuana and still had some residue was found in Trayvon’s book bag

Martin challenging him by saying, “You got a problem with me?”

“Zimmerman said no,” the official said, citing Zimmerman’s account. “Martin said, ‘Now you do,’ and then punched him in the nose.”

JUST IGNORING THE FACTS
Which proves martin was the agressor,
proves zimmerman acted in self defense,
proves that treyvon thugged up his last victim.
Please this is not just one account..
The truth is coming out, and you hang whitey
folks are sick.

Good the damn kid did exactly what he should have. Some fat stranger following me for several minutes who is not a cop and when I did no wrong would probably meet my fist as well...

Martin is such a thug but he didnt have a gun. Wow i dont know to many hard core thugs who dont pack heat...

Stop kissing Zimmermans fat ass. BTW your hero has a worse rap sheet than Martin, look it up
edit on 28-3-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is all part of the setup for the end times race against race destruction:

Matt 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Note: "nation" here is the Greek work ethnos which means "race" or "tribe."

Do you see the famines, pestilences? How about the earthquakes in divers (abnormal) places? Heard about any of them lately?

Yes you have.

Today would be a great day to get saved. Believe on Jesus Christ (not the fake catholic jesus).... only the real Jesus of the King James 1611 bible saves.

Amen.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I've been quietly reading the threads about this.

All I have to say is that regardless of who is right or wrong here, it is terribly sad that Trayvon will never live to see the life he could have had.

As so many are quick to judge him in his youth, how do we not know that he could have grown up to be something great? Maybe he would have went to college, and became a troubled teen counselor, or a lawyer, or doctor, a family man.

Zimmerman has his life, and has a future, but Trayvon will not. That is the real tragedy here.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite

I have to admit though that I am somewhat biased, being ex military police
edit on 3/27/2012 by diakrite because: typos, hope I got them all

say what you want but i hate it when people put out there that they served in the military when its not called for. it doesnt impress nor does it automatically make me like or respect you. i see it as cocky. you may be proud which is fine but dont flash it in peoples eye balls. some people dont like it. sorry but that really yanks my chains broski

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Zim has his life as long as someone doesn't collect on the bounty on his head by the new black panthers who face no prosecution for soliciting murder by our hope and change government who despises vigalantes.Ha
edit on 28-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Felt like it

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

If I just got punched and had my cage rattled and had a gun and saw the guy who just punched me trying to get my gun,I am going to assume its either me or him. It might be overboard to kill the guy but when you get your head rattled,maybe he just reacted. I know if it was a me or him situation....hes going to end up dead if I can help it and race would have NOTHING to do with it.

Good to add a different perspective, so I'll add my own.

firstly, I do believe this was racially motivated at the core, but personally, that has no bearing on the murder for me.

Some how, and we don't have the full story, these two got into an altercation. apparently, Martin ended up smashing the guys head into the ground. Now of course, we don't know WHY.

We do know buddy called 911, was following him, told to stop, used a racial slurr, then killed him.

Now, if I'm zimmerman and I just got the crap kicked out of me, i'm not following the guy to shoot him, sorry, because you've taken a fight and turned it into a life and death situation.

Or from the other angle, you are Martin, just got into a fight, beat some dude up, next thing you know he's following you with a gun.

Race aside this IS and WAS a murder, this is not self defense, once you follow the guy, you've changed the game.

The lengths people will go to justify this scares me

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by dreamstalker

See there you go again, Zimmerman is 170 pounds, the media has been showing an old picture of him before his diet, and as the information rolls out it indicates he was on his way back to his vehicle when he was attacked, the info you are still bogged down with is from knee jerk assumptions, stirred up by eronious reports from people with a slanted view and an excuse to whip up on a poor Hispanic guy who rthought he was doing good for his community, that is why the police did not arrest the guy, and now witness reports are finally being leaked to the mainstream media and the truth will prevail, i guess the old "act in haste and repent in leisure" is a pretty good quote for this media circus.
[/quot

We don't know why the police really let him go, and we don't know which, if any, of the "witness reports" being "leaked" are true. You might be right about Zimmerman having gone on a diet and now weighing 170 pounds. Do you think we'll be seeing him doing endorsements for Subway now?

I am pretty sure that the Cops assume because he was black that he was in the wrong, lets face it cops are people too, and after dealing with crime in a predominately black area I believe the percentage is 51% black, after a while the law breaks down and the power of the badge and the Gun take over, and if you have the attitude Systemic it is a prescription for disaster, and Justice becomes JUST-US nd no one gets a fair shake, and no I think the only poster you will see Zimmerman on will be paid for by the" New Black Panther" movement,

I was involved in a situation in South Florida before the (Stand your Ground Law) when i was being threatened by 5 Youths one with a pistol in his belt, while his buddies were pelting me with baseball sized rocks, in my pyjamas in my yard on Thanksgiving, i went inside and came out with a Mosberg pump Shotgun, had my wife call 911 make a long story short I was arrested and charged with 5 counts of agravated assault with a deadly weapon, spent 1 year in court and cost me $15.000 and was referred to as the man in black my( PJs).finally took a plea deal and had to pay $4000 to my favourite charity, and placed on supervised probation for 6 months.

And that was because i pissed off the Sergeant of police as he did not feel i was being subservant enough so GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The MSM is and has been promoting racism. It goes right along with Obamas "African Americans For Obama 2012" campaign. Obamas racist friend Henry Louis Gates has a show on tv about tracing famous peoples genealogy. He continually goes on & on about slavery and propagates the myth that the civil war was about slavery.

The FACT is, the neighborhood watch guy was doing what he was supposed to do, other than confront the "suspect", Martin should not have been walking around at night in a hoodie while in a neighborhood that he does not live in. If you do not want trouble, do not dress like a thug.

If I were to wear my cowboy boots & hat and walk around in a black neighborhood at night...what do you think would happen?
edit on 28-3-2012 by ProudDutch because: spelling correction

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

And what's Martin's account? Oh, wait, he can't tell his side of the story because he's dead. This entire affair has become a media circus, and the Police Department is doing everything it can to cover up the fact that it dropped the ball. It is not a question of race, it is a question of the use of deadly force when it was not necessary.

You are ignorant....you think police solve cases in 2 days? Do you know how many 'knock and talks" they are doing? Probably 100. They have to go to each door and speak with every single person possible who was in that area...and that is when they are home or can track them down, and on top of that they have other cases...I know in your little mind you think this case is the most amazing thing ever...they probably have a handful of things of greater value to investigate. The media has probably made them send more resources than they normally would for a case like this.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Wow you just ate up the propaganda like candy huh?

No. I researched such cases. There's a pattern in the South of black men being killed and their killers walking free. I rarely "buy" what the MSM presents, whether they agree with my point of view or not. It takes a lot more than watching the news to determine the truth. And the truth is, there is a pattern. And I believe it needs investigating.

And how does a man who attacked an officer have the arrest "closed" and still retain the rights to own and carry a handgun in this country?

Source

edit on 3/28/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Jaellma

I think those that are passionately defending Zimmerman and just as passionately slandering Martin...it's pretty clear they they are looking to justify stereotypes, racism, racial profiling as well their own hatred.

I also see a lot of people genuinely concerned about the ramifications this tragedy could have, either on the second amendment or starting a race war.

As far a race war goes, if we are always one tragedy away from one...we haven't come nearly as far as we though or should have by now. Pretending racism doesn't exist doesn't make it go away, neither does being overly PC. I think it may be time once again for some genuine conversations about these issues.

I haven't followed this story much. Just read a couple articles yesterday to get the jist of it. But as many people have pointed out, we don't really know the facts of this case, and we never will know them for sure. However, IF an individual is punched in the face, sat upon and is having his skull smashed against the ground, he is totally justified in shooting the person who is doing it to him, in my opinion. But maybe that's not the whole story here. Maybe Zimmerman pulled the gun BEFORE he was attacked, and his pulling of the gun is what led to the attack as Martin tried to defend himself. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashnik3000

Originally posted by diakrite

I have to admit though that I am somewhat biased, being ex military police
edit on 3/27/2012 by diakrite because: typos, hope I got them all

say what you want but i hate it when people put out there that they served in the military when its not called for. it doesnt impress nor does it automatically make me like or respect you. i see it as cocky. you may be proud which is fine but dont flash it in peoples eye balls. some people dont like it. sorry but that really yanks my chains broski

I'm with you. Just being in the military does not earn you automatic respect, especially if you are the kind of douche who "casually" brings up the fact that they are ex-such-and-such when not asked, as if everyone in the room is supposed to get down on one knee and bow their heads. A person's status as a Vietnam vet, for example, may make me feel sorry for them, but it doesn't make me respect them any more, particularly if they are an ass. The fact of touting your military "service" ( Oh, so you didn't get paid? Wow, that is service!) indicates a lack of humility, and hence assness.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
I've been quietly reading the threads about this.

All I have to say is that regardless of who is right or wrong here, it is terribly sad that Trayvon will never live to see the life he could have had.

As so many are quick to judge him in his youth, how do we not know that he could have grown up to be something great? Maybe he would have went to college, and became a troubled teen counselor, or a lawyer, or doctor, a family man.

Zimmerman has his life, and has a future, but Trayvon will not. That is the real tragedy here.

Zimmerman may be aive, but his life is over.
Spike Jones actually retweeted an his address so people could find him, however, it turns out it was the address of an elderly couple, and they are scared for their lifes now. They should sue Spike for all hes worth.
edit on 28-3-2012 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
And now, more promoting of this race-baited incident,

R & B Tribute for Trayvon

How many songs, videos, and marches occur when a black male kills another black male?

o.

Why? Because there is no profit to be gained from that. This is utterly horrible at this point. And the mom trademarking Trayvon;s name? My first thought was, "Is she serious?"
edit on 28-3-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I assume you're all aware Zimmerman was previously arrested for assault on a police officer in 2005 as well as a domestic violence charge in 2007, right? You seem to want to pay attention to the facts that might make the murder of Martin justified, but ignore all other facts. Like the fact that Zimmerman followed this kid for several minutes even though he was told not to after making his 911 call. You ignore all that, and then say it must've been MARTIN who provoked the incident.

Wow. Great logic.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

"The account that you just typed is the account that the MSM has been peddling since day one. If you have been following the story at all, you would know that it may not be entirely accurate. If Martin felt so threatened, how did he end up on top of Zimmerman and punching him? Kinda brave of him, don't you think?

I'm not totally disagreeing, but how about you leave the Treyvon pity party before it's no longer fashionable to be there. You don't know the facts any more than I do. You just read stuff in the paper and repeat it here"

the facts?...what facts...you mean the supposed facts that have nothing to do with this case?....like the "stolen" jewlery he was found with last fall?.....or the fact that he had been suspended from school?

you mean those facts...the ones that have absolutely nothing to do with this case...the one's everyone is trying to throw around in order to justify this kid losing his life to an idiot wanting to find trouble? those ones? or are you talking about his statement to police? Cause those are facts...right? give me a break...any new information that has arised has done nothing to disprove the fact that this kid lost his to a fool who should be jailed.

and as for your comment regarding martin being on top of zimmerman....like i've stated before..when in a physical altercation with someone with a gun...your basically fighting for your life....if martin gave zimmerman the beating of his life its because when your going up against someone with a gun, not doing so will get you killed.

by zimmermans own testimony...martin went for his gun...meaning that gun was in plain sight...martin was aware of it...and therefore is very likely that he felt his life was in serious danger...which would explain whatever beating he layed on zimmerman...he was fighting for his life

and your right..nobody knows the full facts...but taking zimmermans statement as fact is just plain stupid..and none of the other stuff that arised has anything to do with this case..nor does it justify martin losing his life

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

You keep pointing out the mans weight in a negative manner. Weightist loaded language.

He didn't even have to post bail. That's not how the system is supposed to work, and you know it.

Because he hasn't been charged with anything .. because all the facts aren't in yet.
Side note .... "and you know it" ...
Always makes me roll my eyes.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
There's a pattern in the South of black men being killed and their killers walking free.

There is a pattern all over the country of black men being killed. ... 9/10 by other black people.
Black on Black crime coalition
Washington Post

As for the new avatar you are sporting .. calling for Zimmerman to be arrested ...
that's another example of what I am saying ... grab the torches and pitchforks and
ASSUME that someone is guilty based on the media spin and hype and political
posturing. You jumped right in without the facts being in ... and you are adding to the spin and hype.

Originally posted by ClintK
You seem to want to pay attention to the facts that might make the murder of Martin justified, but ignore all other facts.

The point is ... we don't know the real facts. There is too much media spin and hype and political posturing. Was Martin a jewel thief casing the neighborhood where breakins had happened? Or not? Does it matter? Is Zimmerman a racist murderer or just an idiot who is guilty of manslaughter? Or neither and he's now a victim of the media and the politicians? WE DO NOT KNOW. The water is too muddy.

All the BS in the news .. the calls by CBS to 'immediately arrest Zimmerman' ... the calls by the politicians for 'justice for Martin' ... Obama sticking his nose in it ... Eric Holders (in)Justice dept sticking it's nose in ... the New Black Panthers calling for Zimmermans murder ... Spike Lee and the rest of the yahoos shooting off .... ALL WITHOUT US KNOWING THE FACTS. It's tell-tale of a lynch mob carrying pitchforks and torches.
Let the Florida police do their job without the pressure by yutz's out here who think they know the answer based on the spin and hype.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Zimmerman may be alive, but his life is over.

This is true. We reap what we sow. Zimmerman did something that many people think is heinous and unforgivable. He took action that led directly to the death of an innocent boy for no reason, even when prompted by the police not to pursue. He pursued, and placed himself in the position of killer.

He will suffer the consequences of that. I don't agree with people going after Zimmerman. But the fear he lives in could have easily been avoided if he hadn't pursued Trayvon and let the police handle it. He chose otherwise. We have to deal with the consequences of our actions. Zimmerman is no exception. He's already narrowly escaped prosecution. This time, he's caught, I believe. With national attention, his daddy isn't going to be able to get him off for this one...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There is a pattern all over the country of black men being killed. ...

And the killers are arrested, tried and convicted.

Zimmerman has not been arrested. This is where race comes in. If the killer had been black and killed a white boy? He would have been arrested that night and would still be in jail.

THAT is why this is a racial case.

ASSUME that someone is guilty based on the media spin and hype and political
posturing.

Are you aware how the legal system in this country works? I want Zimmerman ARRESTED. That's all. Anyone else would have been arrested. An arrest is NOT a signal of guilt. I am NOT assuming Zimmerman is guilty.

I agree there is spin and hype, but I'm calling for equal treatment under the law. Have you heard me call for that before? Yes. I call for it all the time. I only want Zimmerman to be treated like anyone else. He killed a man by his own admission. He should be arrested and tried. The police at the scene have no business deciding that "there's not enough evidence for a conviction". They didn't even GATHER evidence! Zimmerman went home with his clothes, DNA, and his gun!

I make no assumption of his guilt or innocence. I want him arrested and tried under the law of the land.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join