It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

They have their own program...so what if they didn't register with the national organization, they don't have to because it is a PRIVATE community.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

The witness statements and evidence are all the cops have to go on....but they are not good enough for you....good thing your opinion isn't deciding this guys life.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
reply to post by PotKettle

Yes, your sarcasm in lieu of thoughtful response, is noted.

As was your inane assertion. I'm not sure that the "Sanford PD is covering something up" argument warrants a thoughtful response.
edit on 27-3-2012 by PotKettle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I own a condo in a private gated community in Florida and the roads are NOT public...hence the GATE. You have to be allowed in.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleDNH

Apparently you have not read anything in any of these threads and know nothing about the whole situation....so read up please before commenting further.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

This is exactly what I thought was going to be said!

I live in Vencie, Florida, and in 2010 there was an incident involving a VPD Officer who was off-duty.

According to the testimony, Tyler (20) had got drunk with a buddy and decided it would be a good idea to go around knocking on doors and running away (ding dong ditch).

One of the doors they did this to belonged to Officer Verdonis, who did not find it funny.

Despite being off-duty at the time, the deputy sheriff, grabbed his service weapon, jumped in his cruiser and pursued Tyler while wearing flip flops, and shorts.

The officer found Tyler laying on the ground by some bush's and ordered Tyler to come closer to his squad car, and lay on the ground (Which Tyler complied with), then for some unknown reason (according to the officer) Tyler leaped up, charged the officer, tackling him, and began reaching for his weapon.

The officer replied by shooting and killing Tyler in the street.

End result: Officer was given paid time off, and eventually given a pass on his murder.

Now those who know Tyler, vehemently deny that this is something he would do, and though some witness claim to have seen it happen this way, others claim that this is just not true.

So, who knows in the end I guess I am saying; It is always sad when such a young life is lost.

The feeling during Tyler Spann's death was one of; "Why did an off-duty officer, who was drunk (though after the shooting the police investigating never gave him a breathalyzer......surprise surprise) decide to pursue a young man for such a petty nuisance, and then allow it to escalate to the point of someone being killed.

It is the same kind of situation in this case...

In the end whether or not these people of authority feared for their life, the point should be, if they cannot contain a situation they are approaching, without having their own weapons turned on them supposedly, I guess they are not responsible adults who should be carrying these weapons.

Am I right here?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Wow...that wasn't a biased response at all.........

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

That you know about...

Do you think you are privy to all that is going on in this investigation,

The police and the DA keep most things secret (as it should be) until they are ready to charge and usually it's secret until trial.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PotKettle

I'm sure the lack of a response by police has absolutely nothing to do with Zimmerman being the son of a judge, either, right?

No, you are right. No son of a judge has ever been arrested. What was I thinking?

Oh he is the son of a judge in the state huh....

Well now it starts to make a whole lot of sense as to why he hasn't been arrested and will not be charged with anything.

His father is in the club, and since he is (I am assuming) on good terms with daddy, then this will all go away for him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
nothing to read here.....

deleted post!!

edit on 27-3-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
After reading some posts i've come to the conclusion that Travon was playing gangsta.... maybe not that night but he was a youth caught up in the gangsta game!!

Most youth today are caught up in this 'gangsta" lifestyle....

But when you see the trajectory this country is heading in, I would say get ready for a lot more real gangsters, and not just ones who play it after school.

There has to be a response to the unchecked powers of the police gangsters, and judge gangsters...for every action...it's too bad many of these "gangstas" don't realize they are just fodder for MSM headlines to incite people for one cause or another...truly sad state this country is willingly heading.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I can't find anything that corroborates your statement, if you could toss it my way in the thread or in a u2u I would appreciate it.

I'll try. I was following this before it was on ATS. There are so many more links now.

Some say Zimmerman initiated a Neighborhood watch. Some say Homeowners wanted to start one and Zimmerman jumped at the chance. Some say he self appointed himself Neighborhood watch captain etc.

Here's one that:

Posted on Mon, Mar. 19, 2012 - last updated: March 20, 2012 09:06:00 AM Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to cops Frances Robles | Miami Herald SANFORD -- The people at the Retreat at Twin Lakes had been missing bikes, grills and a few times thought strangers were casing their town houses. When the homeowners association wanted to start a neighborhood watch, only one man stepped up: George Zimmerman, . .

Interviews with neighbors reveal a pleasant young man passionate about neighborhood security who took it upon himself to do nightly patrols while he walked his dog.

Licensed to carry a firearm and a student of criminal justice, Zimmerman went door-to-door asking residents to be on the lookout, specifically referring to young black men who appeared to be outsiders, and warned that some were caught lurking, neighbors said. The self-appointed captain of the neighborhood watch program is credited with cracking some crimes, and thwarting others. www.mcclatchydc.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Domo1

dispatchers work for the police department, don't they? my mistake if they don't.

that he was being followed...i thought was firmly established...

i remember walking behind a woman that had a can of mace in her hand after dark many years ago i'd just gotten of the train from work and was walking home, i assume her story was the same...after seeing the mace, i fell back, not wanting to initiate an unfortunate event.

i'm scary to some people...if i got sprayed...who's fault is it?

i suppose a life is worth a stereo or television set...to zimmerman. those are the types of things criminals steal from homes?

the man is psychotic and needs a time out.

if a bank is being robbed...you'd be fired for not following the robbers instructions. why? because nothing they take will equal the amount of lost life.

but in florida...a human life is worth a broken window or door and electronics.

dispatchers are not sworn police officers and are thus CIVILIANS, which means they have no actual authority to tell you anything.

This depends on the department. In some cities the dispatchers are police officers.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know got a post taken down because it was off topic. So I;ll stay on topic now. We are talking about the bad old mexican man killing the innocent little black kid. BULL SNIP. I hope with all my being, that they find this kid was the one breaking into the homes in that community. If so. When will the apology from the black community & the Prez be coming for Mr.Zimmerman. IT WANT!

I will now take the stand and support Mr.Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PotKettle

Yes, your sarcasm in lieu of thoughtful response, is noted.

As was your inane assertion. I'm not sure that the "Sanford PD is covering something up" argument warrants a thoughtful response.
edit on 27-3-2012 by PotKettle because: (no reason given)

It was not an assertion, it was supposition. It was a question that you sarcastically veered away from.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Furbs

The witness statements and evidence are all the cops have to go on....but they are not good enough for you....good thing your opinion isn't deciding this guys life.

Rest assured, Zimmerman would want me on his jury if it came to trial. However, I am not on the jury, and have no chance of being on his jury, so the -facts- as they are presented are all I have to go on.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Furbs - - You and I are trying to stick with Zimmerman's Vigilantism is what is responsible for the entire event.

I remembered that there was something about a police program explaining what and what not to do as a Neighborhood Watch person.

Here it is from that same article I just posted:

Police volunteer program coordinator Wendy Dorival said she met Zimmerman in September at a community neighborhood watch presentation.

“I said, ‘If it’s someone you don’t recognize, call us. We’ll figure it out,’ ” Dorival said. “‘Observe from a safe location.’ There’s even a slide about not being vigilante police. I don’t know how many more times I can repeat it.” www.mcclatchydc.com...

edit on 27-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Not actually how it works.

If he is charged, the discovery packet will hit his lawyer long before trial.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I am talking about keeping things secret from the public.....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocAdama
reply to post by Annee

Yah it's Zimmerman's fault because he is a member of the neighborhood watch, watching a criminal? Trayvon was an idiot for attacking a guy with a gun.

One person is a neighborhood watchman, one is a criminal, and you take the side of the criminal? Go figure. It's sad the kid died, but when you walk down the path he chose in life, sometimes you get killed. Being a 'gangsta' does not pay.

How is Martin who was walking down the street a criminal? Is having tea and skittles in your possession illegal? Being part of a watch program isn't the problem him thinking he is the law is the problem.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join