It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist to be monitored?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was thinking in all the light of facts uncovered from violent crimes and such that I believe we would have enough evidence (facts) which would by presentable before the supreme courts as to add some measure of protection to our "society" and to all of "civilization" as we know it.

our foreign policy is based on nuclear non-proliferation why can not our domestic policy be based on the same?

ie: stopping Jeffrey Dahmer the atheist before his little fetish and sexual misconduct got out of control.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I have to ask this as you yourself dont outright say it, I feel your saying it by beating around the bush. Are you saying a people that believe in nothing, are a threat?

EDIT: No country that has nuclear weapons is for non-proliferation of nuclear armaments.
edit on 24-3-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I view atheism as a "minority" of with a high output rate of dangerous individuals...

this can be linked to an ideolgy, an ism... and its adherents.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
I view atheism as a "minority" of with a high output rate of dangerous individuals...

Can you please provide sources for Atheists being more likely to be "dangerous" than religious folks?

Otherwise, that would be opinion, not fact and not really applicable in your theory of whether or not they should be "monitored".

Would you enjoy being monitored because a sect of the population thought that religious folk needed to be watched?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Can you please provide sources for Atheists being more likely to be "dangerous" than religious folks?

Otherwise, that would be opinion, not fact and not really applicable in your theory of whether or not they should be "monitored".

Would you enjoy being monitored because a sect of the population thought that religious folk needed to be watched?

can anyone who believes in God truly commit the acts of Jeffrey Dahmer?

he said it himself... no God means no rules.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

But those are just words? Have you ever dealt with an actual atheist that isnt one of the many hate spewing, anti religious zealots? Im sure if you got to know some of the actual bright atheists, you wouldnt view them in such negative light. Many are actually close friends of mine, some, not so much. As much bad comes from atheism, equally so religion is at fault. Ive seen the hate in both parties and both parties are equally rank of it. The simple fact is this, we further devide us (humans) by presenting a two side choice like religions and atheism produce. Just be happy you are surrounded by nice people, blue skies, green grass and trees a plenty. Its a beautiful world, it would be a shame to let ideologies interfere with that beauty.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What does *one* particular individuals stance on religion have to do with targeting and entire group of people for monitoring?

Do you think that anybody who believed in God would have comitted 9/11? Or roadside bomb attacks? Or throw acid in girl's faces?

I can nit pick individual events in order to make my point too, but I'd still be wrong when discussing the majority of people.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I am a Christian.
Let me continue saying that your OP is so disgusting you finally made me create an account and post after 4 years of lurking.

I know some Atheists. Athiesm isnt as rare as you think. These people are some of the best people i have ever known.

Also Hitler was a Christian.
How many people did he kill?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
the last time I checked monotheism is the Majority on this planet...

this discussion may be a little more tailored to the majority?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chenjesu

Welcome to ATS. Your first post has made me happy
You should now feel happy. Have a wonderful time on website. It will be a pleasure having an intelligent poster presence.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Why not monitor the religious too?
I had a Preacher at a church my family went to when i was a kid who molested a young girl.
I would like to assume there are a lot of religious folk in the military, they kill people too.

How come in your view believers are simply incapable of committing evil?

its kind like you're going

LALALALALA i cant hear you

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Welcome to ATS. Your first post has made me happy
You should now feel happy. Have a wonderful time on website. It will be a pleasure having an intelligent poster presence.

Thank you. Your post made me happy too.... thank god not all people are like OP

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

SO you'd like only people who would agree with you to comment on this thread?

Sorry lad, that's not how things work here. You proposed a question, we are arguing your *facts* and opinions.

At least give us the courtesy of engaging in our comments and attempting to defend your point. Otherwise, what was the point of your OP?

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
we can still preempt them and hopefully the feds are on their butt

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

the last time I checked monotheism is the Majority on this planet...

this discussion may be a little more tailored to the majority?

I too am a christian.
Let's discuss your op.

Although i doubt you are still here, the last line of your post makes me believe you left.

EDIT : Member was on ATS
5 minutes ago.
edit on 24-3-2012 by chenjesu because: User did, infact, log out as i had thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

can anyone who believes in God truly commit the acts of Jeffrey Dahmer?

he said it himself... no God means no rules.

I had no idea Jeffrey Dahmer was the spokesperson for Atheism and his views/things he did are the universal "code" for Atheists out there.

Thank you, so much, for opening up my mind.

You have to be joking, right?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

there is usually not much discussion going on here... nothing beyond watching the stone roll down the hill again.

I fell inline with the peers here and chose mostly to make statements... but of a different sort.

can you engage me?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

there is usually not much discussion going on here... nothing beyond watching the stone roll down the hill again.

I fell inline with the peers here and chose mostly to make statements... but of a different sort.

can you engage me?

Well, this is your thread. Put forth some more "facts" and opinions and let us begin.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
OP, I submit to you:

The Crusades(Many, many, many people killed by monotheistic believers).
Hitler, (as mentioned above)
Spanish Conquistadors (Annihilated the Incas)
Muslim fundamental extremists (Need I explain?)
The Catholic child abuse bonanza.

I think my work here is done.

edit on 24-3-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join