It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance Of Truth And Belief

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I find it interesting that for lack of finding a flaw in the rest of the logic, you have chosen one grammatical flaw in order to invalidate the rest.

You make very little sense yourself, most of the time. Logic? When have you used logic?

Frickin' ribbit.

I use logic all the time, it's just different than yours. It isn't filled with conceptual/perceptual fallacies, like yours is.

I agree that the Truth is important but Belief is the caustic to the acidic truth.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Your Cause = Conditions

The Effect = Blindness

Ribbit

ooh so u r telling me my conditions cause and my blindness effect from where u r cause effect of evil oness

u cant but mean to grasp any opportunity even from dirt, mister whatever is true is free always and whatever is free is by definition the only position to see out of all conditions
seeing evil and being forced by inferiority powers wills is the issue of being living real from what is true when truth is any normal sense so many
so ur pretention of being expert in hiding urself behind what u say is the only thing nude seen from oness life through ur words like an hybrid worm rat obvious mean move

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
it is funny how u use the word logic to hide urself, u kill all logics as a way to justify possessing existence of logics

very logical indeed, a plus that divide itself in two opposites so it can create smthg out of it by energizing both sides while suddenly making effects above him and down as becoming him too from that slightly plus out of nothing divided opposite, sure what a god ur overcrap head
who is buying this?? wait and see who is buying it, surprise

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by absolutely

'Knowing' is truth.
All seeing, all 'knowing' presence.

When you 'know' the truth of what you are.... you will not 'believe' anymore.

Ahhh...I have written on this topic before.

Most of the time, what we know is what we believe. We say we know something, but it turns out later we were wrong.

Knowledge has become largely taken for granted, even so far as to use the word "know" incorrectly. This is proven by those moments when we say to ourselves, "Oops, I was wrong. I owe an apology."

We have taken the definition of knowledge and replaced it with that of conviction, but retained the word knowledge. Everything is belief, or conviction...not everything is knowledge.

And you have misconstrued the werd knowledge.

Beliefs and/or Convictions are Knowledge, but kNot necessarily the Truth.

Knowledge has n0thing to dew with the Truth, it only has to dew with what is known and thought to be the Truth. If I know the werld is flat, that is Knowledge, irregardless if it's the Truth or kNot.

Knowledge is the Ledge upon which you place what you Know, the Mantle of your Truths, and if what you know is wrong, guess what your Truths are?

"When Wrong is the Teacher, Wrong is the Student and Two Wrongs don't make a Right." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

Your Cause = Conditions

The Effect = Blindness

Ribbit

ooh so u r telling me my conditions cause and my blindness effect from where u r cause effect of evil oness

u cant but mean to grasp any opportunity even from dirt, mister whatever is true is free always and whatever is free is by definition the only position to see out of all conditions
seeing evil and being forced by inferiority powers wills is the issue of being living real from what is true when truth is any normal sense so many
so ur pretention of being expert in hiding urself behind what u say is the only thing nude seen from oness life through ur words like an hybrid worm rat obvious mean move

You said:

"Whatever is free is by definition the only position to see out of all conditions."

All Conditions = Zero Conditions

The sum of all is Zero.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

How can constant mean plus? Constant means not plus or minus. Constant is constant.
The words you use have been used before - therefore you are copying words but your words make very little sense to me.

ur words are using sentences that have been written before, my words are mine clearly like anyone giving free opinion about present facts

for any normal non evil head here, it is obvious that constant is a plus, while u dont see but evil will in using constant word

what is constant is by definition more, since it inherently repeat its fact which become clear opening to smthg more

any average head know that, by repeating smthg to become expert of

Anyone that buys into Evil, will only see Plus and/or Minus everywhere.

The truest Constant there is, is Zero, which has no polarity.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There is a big difference between 'belief' and 'truth'. If you 'believe' then you do not 'know' the truth. When the truth is 'known' you will be free. Free from all confusion, you will never 'believe' anything again.
The truth shall set you free.
Belief will enslave you.

Thank you. You have lead us into the crux of the matter.

What if belief saves us from the chaos that would be triggered by truth? What if the truth would turn us into a irradiated wasteland, and belief is the illusion keeping the maniac in the straightjacket?

The problem is, the Truth saves us from the Chaos triggered by Beliefs.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Starchild23

The truth is you are having an experience. You are here right now and that cannot be negated. It is the only thing that cannot be negated, it is the prime fact. Without that prime fact what other facts could there be.

But if there is no You, how can you be having an experience?

You say We are here right now and that cannot be negated. That is part of the fallacy you have bought into, for explain "Here" to us.

Where is Here?

What if Here is Thought?

If Here is Thought, then you are kNot here, you are only CONNECTED to Here.

Experience that!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Are you hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching? Are you aware of the enviroment around you?
You are the knower of life, the knower of thought, the knower of sensation.
You 'know' you are.

You know You are WHAT?

Hearing = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Seeing = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Smelling = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Tasting = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Touching = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Awareness of Surroundings = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind

With that, your mind is the controlling factor of everything you know, sew if your mind is corrupted, your thoughts will be as well, which includes what you know.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

My existence has nothing to do with worldly facts. You must separate yourself and your mind from fact. Your only connection to fact is your experience of it. Since your experience and your existence cannot change that fact, you are an observer, nothing more.

You have mixed apples with oranges again and the result is clearly fruit salad.

You said:

"Your only connection to fact is your experience of it."

The correct statement is:

Your only connection to EXISTENCE is your experience of it.

Fact does kNot equal Existence and you dew kNot experience Facts but you dew experience Existence.

Your only connection to Fact is Truth.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Are you hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching? Are you aware of the enviroment around you?
You 'know' you are.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I know I am because while I can endlessly prove I exist, you cannot prove that I don't exist.

An abundance of confirmation, combined with a distinct lack of contradiction, becomes fact.

What makes you think no one can prove the YOU doesn't exist?

Answer: Beliefs!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

such evil rot, nothing is nothing sick dirt

freedom is the truth not nothing basically, while freedom superiority are there always present proving it and fresh new from any

for what freedom is positive superiority end out of objective realisation when it cant but realize absolute constancy fact
so freedom is more then object since it realize it, and more then constant since always out of constancy as its end, and more then all since freedom so only one itself

while it is only evil freedom that mean to justify itself from polarity, as if u have already freedom right in truth

evil is what truth prove not having the right to be true so free or existing when only true freedom exist

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
so when truth is freedom and freedom is itself only, and true freedom exist, then any is free itself, then objective reality exist as itself freedom too from the fact of multiple freedom fact being alone while related to objective freedom same truth, which could be relatively free existing or true absolute free objective reality

that is how in the world there are always true realities existing alone which prove the truth, where there is noone making it look object and shape and form and moving and everything

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You 'know' you are.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I know I am because while I can endlessly prove I exist, you cannot prove that I don't exist.

An abundance of confirmation, combined with a distinct lack of contradiction, becomes fact.

What makes you think no one can prove the YOU doesn't exist?

Answer: Beliefs!

Ribbit

When one or two people can convince themselves that I don't exist, but a dozen others can provide physical proof, including documentation and digital footprints (not to mention that I'm sitting in front of them) then that gives you two delusional people and a handful of honest people.

Your arguments are rather weak.

Frickin' ribbit.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

But if there is no You, how can you be having an experience?

You say We are here right now and that cannot be negated. That is part of the fallacy you have bought into, for explain "Here" to us.

Where is Here?

What if Here is Thought?

If Here is Thought, then you are kNot here, you are only CONNECTED to Here.

Experience that!

Ribbit

"Here" defines the concept of present (time-analytical quibbling aside) condition, generally. More specifically, the physical location/condition.

Here is irrelevant to thought. Thought is the medium by which we acknowledge and/or express, to ourselves and others, the concept of here. "Here" exists regardless of whether you have the capability to perceive or express it. A stone is "here", but it has neither the thoughts nor the voice to express it.

Connected? I am "here"...but I am connected to other things that share the same condition of "here".

Again, your concepts regarding everything philosophical are hugely flawed. Either that, or you aren't explaining them to my understanding.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

My existence has nothing to do with worldly facts. You must separate yourself and your mind from fact. Your only connection to fact is your experience of it. Since your experience and your existence cannot change that fact, you are an observer, nothing more.

You have mixed apples with oranges again and the result is clearly fruit salad.

You said:

"Your only connection to fact is your experience of it."

The correct statement is:

Your only connection to EXISTENCE is your experience of it.

Fact does kNot equal Existence and you dew kNot experience Facts but you dew experience Existence.

Your only connection to Fact is Truth.

Ribbit

I repeat, your only connection to fact is your experience of it. If I had any more than that...if any of us had any more than that...then we'd be able to change gravity. In fact, we could change reality itself. In in our minds, but in actuality.

Existence? Ha. Hahaha. Oh, you're funny. Existence is fact, is it not? Thus, you've proved me right. Also, a comatose person will not be aware of their existence, and yet...they exist. This shows that while our only connection to fact is our experience of it, our experience is not necessary for the fact to hold true.

I never said fact equals existence. I said that through existence, we experience fact, but fact does not rely upon our existence. Only our knowledge of fact relies upon our existence. Truth, concerning experience, is subjective. See my earthquake example for further details.

Perhaps philosophy isn't your forte, my friend.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You 'know' you are.

You know You are WHAT?

Hearing = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Seeing = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Smelling = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Tasting = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Touching = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind
Awareness of Surroundings = Electrical Impulses interpreted by the mind

With that, your mind is the controlling factor of everything you know, sew if your mind is corrupted, your thoughts will be as well, which includes what you know.

Ribbit

Science has not yet advanced to the point where we are all in a Matrix constructed by the Machines. Someone has watched too many Keanu Reeves movies.

With that said, we can safely assume that while our emotions and behaviors may be controlled by TPTB, our observations are not. Hence, everything that can be proven repeatedly, with no deviation from the standard result, can be safely said to be fact. This is what we know.

Existence, in and of itself, is of course debatable. No one can prove or disprove that we are in fact a collection of brains in some lab, stimulated to create the world around us. Even in this sense, we still exist...but not at we imagine we do.

So yes, Itisnow is right. We do know we exist. Why? Because of the immortal saying: "I think, therefore I am". Consciousness if the cornerstone of existence. If we are aware, then we have knowledge of existing. There is no awareness without existence.

Frickin' ribbit.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

right, but there is another point too that prove individual existence, our moves in freedom realms or reactions in conditions force

it is difficult to mean smthg bc truth is freedom so abstraction of thing exist more then its reality while its reality is free too so necessary to smthg else
but also smthg is the easiest to mean, since when truth is freedom then any is always objective even oneself freedom, while any true freedom is the same true freedom so always there present it doesnt disappear or change its objective fact of ways

for instance, me i know existing mostly by adding to objective as it is, so in freedom realms i exist as a sense the best since it is objectively clear out of me to me as the most free back stand that has clearly nothing to do with anything i realize, i can separate objective and subjective clearly in mind while they are real also same freedom which makes my mind while i also interfer for

maybe as an approach to ur language which is wrong but anyway, i could say that the most free negatively, as absolutely outside all objective, is always from the begining so the true individual free sense ; and the most positively free, as absolute source of objective, is out of constant self existence, so how self freedom is not the freedom of what u look like meaning, but it is the freedom out of being constant in meaning, which explain how genetics and unconscious realities could interfer there in defining constant existence limits

watever again, bc what matters really in all this objectively and subjectively is evil pervert possessions and force, which not only reject freedom rights but directly attack rights to destroy
when the word right is only bc of truth abuse so mean freedom facts existence n self freedom reality defense

but we as individuals exist also through our reactions to conditions forces, when any encounter a situation of pain the reaction is immediate, freedom move
but positively when force upon being condition is strong, the result is being suffer constancy as abstraction of freedom contained that cant b out which grow in terms of constancy and not the adaptation to force
this apply to anyone and everyone bc truth exist

that what the world understood by itself, in concluding the absolute negative character to force when meaning positive objective outcome, which affected most of criminal legal systems in all democratic countries that meant clearly to abolish the spirit of punishments for the spirit of else rights where countries positive life are first concerned with that right to justify locking some individuals out of it, where they can have fun in prison as much as they want to stay there

just my 2 cents as u say

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
so we exist bc existence is free, so we are necessarily an existing reality
but we also exist bc freedom is the truth that exist, so we are necessarily always someone alone

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I can't understand you.
edit on CMondayam181838f38America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join