It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Just Carjacked, But Possibly Robbed As Well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For those not familiar www.abovetopsecret.com... about a week ago a couple stopped me outside my sister's place of work for a ride. I only saw the woman, not the guy. I don't mind giving a woman a ride late at night, but add a man to the mix and I would have said no. Just being a woman late at night isn't safe. Whether you're in your car or not.

Regardless she gets in and he gets in the backseat. I didn't think to call police, I didn't think to get out of the car, etc... Well come to find out now, my bank cards are missing and my daughter's account is in the red by $758!!!! I reported them missing, and am contesting the charges and bounce fees. Lordy what a mess. See, you be nice, and it bites you in the butt. As if I don't deal with enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I will only give a ride to a hitchhiker during the day... and even so.. only rarely.. and if it's just around the populated areas.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Really sorry man, and as difficult as it may seem, you can't let this harden your heart. There are too few kindnesses in this world and people like yourself to dispense them. Stay strong and more importantly vigilant!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So sorry your kindness was paid with crap. If you haven't already, file a police report now. It's OK, since you just recently found out about the theft. It will help with your dealings with the bank, and put the police on notice about these thieves. If they get caught in the future, having an already filed report, will go against them.

Good Luck,

Des

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

She doesn't know who they are. I do know what they look like, like, I can point them out.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

She doesn't know who they are. I do know what they look like, like, I can point them out.

It's still good to file the police report. Then a crime with an MO is established. Should they continue robing people this way, if they are caught, then the OP will be called in for a photo lineup. If it's the same couple, another strike against them.

I know how you feel about being able to *see* someone you've never met. I've had that happen a few times. Do you find it as frustrating as I do.

Des

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't think I could have someone make a composite sketch of them. But I don't have a problem pointing them out. Plus I think they are on camera at my job and i will ask the manager to get the video feed of them.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I don't think I could have someone make a composite sketch of them. But I don't have a problem pointing them out. Plus I think they are on camera at my job and i will ask the manager to get the video feed of them.

Oh, my mistake. You might actually know who they are.

Would be a good thing to put an end to their criminal career. Good luck with the tape...

Des

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yeah, their drunks that always come in, never buy anything and always ask to the use the phone. I was nice and let them use the phone. Won't be doing that anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by satoriku
Really sorry man, and as difficult as it may seem, you can't let this harden your heart. There are too few kindnesses in this world and people like yourself to dispense them. Stay strong and more importantly vigilant!

Thanks. Yeah that was my major mistake. Vigilant went out the window. I have no proof they are the ones using my card, but come Monday I will report it stolen/loss. Apparently the police department only operates business hours.
Seriously, I've never ever heard such a thing, and I come from a town smaller than the one I moved to. Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
So sorry your kindness was paid with crap. If you haven't already, file a police report now. It's OK, since you just recently found out about the theft. It will help with your dealings with the bank, and put the police on notice about these thieves. If they get caught in the future, having an already filed report, will go against them.

Good Luck,

Des

Thanks Des. I'll have to wait until Monday to file. I went to the police to file, but they were locked up tighter than a drum. I had to press an intercom button and be told to Go Away, the great and powerful Oz wasn't taking any visitors. ;-)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I understand Manhater wanting me to file stolen against these two, but for all I know, it might have simply fell out and someone took advantage of it. See recently my daughter, who some may or may not know, is special needs. During a tantrum one day, she insisted my wallet needed reorganizing and proceed to dump the contents all over the floor. I still hadn't had a chance to fix it when I got groceries last week. Somehow I didn't realize my zipper to the wallet was open and everything spilled into the road. DL, medical cards, everything. So it's possible these fell too. What angers me more than anything is it wasn't even my account they stole from. They stole from a child, a disabled one at that. Over $300 in charges and close to $300 in bounce fees. The bank says they'll investigate and after the investigation it'll take at minimum 10 business days to see a refund. Meanwhile, how am I supposed to pay the bills? So Monday when I file for lost/stolen card, I'm also going to SSI and telling them to mail me the check. (Probably too late), but if I can get them to mail me the check, then I can open a new account here and once the fees are returned close my old account from New York. Wish me luck.

top topics

join