It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline Falsely Reports Zimmerman "a white man" who shot a black man

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This race baiting of the story reminds me of the murder of James Byrd by drug dealing white supremists in Jasper Texas a few years ago, where all of the poverty pimp, race baiting scumbags like Jesse Jackson showed up. Of course what no one mentioned was that poor James was the bag man for the people that killed him and the real reason he was murdered was that he failed to return with the money.

Again I am not trying to down play the horrific nature of the murder of James Byrd or Traylon, but the media will not tell you the truth behind what really happened if it happens to not fit the story line of "racists kill innocent black man".

I expect this rhetoric out of the creeps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, but Obama jumping in as POTUS should surely wake a few of the zombies as to how far he will go to tear apart the country and create an environment where many more will die due to his incendiary rhetoric without the facts. Does no one remember his comments about the police with the college professor's arrest. Again a non-story stirring the racist angle whether racists or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by DavidWillts
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Oh please like i would trust anything that comes out of a site called "field negro" on this matter.

wasn't gonna waste my time replying
however your subsequent posts show that the ignorance is strong
and you were quite quick to lap up the phony witness story
which you wouldn't have if you'd bother reading my post never mind following the links

if you'd read my post you'd know the boys family had to take the local cops to court for the 911 recordings
2 of which in you can hear the boy screaming.

but of course people who judge others on skin color lack the intelligence granted an animal...*
zimmerman does look like a piggy what with those close set eyes and all
also he has priors for assault

but hey keep judging,it's yourselves you're judging in the end

i am no friend of the current POSUS: mk-kid/tavistock puppet that he is, but his color is irrelevant in any intelligent discussion.
*but my having a black president sooooooo irritates certain untermenschen in amerika.

oh and for the curious, field negro is the opposite of house negro
edit on 23-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

I think your post sums up the whole debate.
What makes you say we have a black president?
I thought he was white?
See the hypocrisy and total contradiction of thought?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by thehoneycomb

If spanish people from Spain are white, then their countrymen who migrated to the Americas are also white.

Zimmerman may not have blond hair and blue eyes, but I am sure he considers himself white like many other Europeans who have come to America. You don't have to look Nordic to be considered white in the US. If that were true, many easteran europeans, greeks, italians, and middle easterners would have to check the "black" or "mixed race" box on employment applications.

But he's not from Spain. He's half Peruvian and does not look one bit at all what society would call a "white guy". He's only white now because it's convenient to stir up the masses.

I'd bet anything that before this, nobody ever called him a white guy.

I'm not debating that scientifically or categorically he may be Caucasoid. Guess who else would fall into that category: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Ricardo Montalban, think any of them were ever called a white guy? Well they are/were Caucasian? And that is the argument for calling Zimmerman white. He's white now because it can make the headlines and the anti-gun agenda can gain momentum.

Yes, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is white, as determined by the US government.

All employment applications instruct Europeans, Middle Easterners, and North Africans to select the white check box.

As for Zimmerman, a Peruvian can also be white. If Christopher Colombus settled down with a woman from Spain in Peru, all their children would be racially white. Are you going to dispute that people from Spain who migrated to South America suddenly stopped being white because they changed continents?

Hispanic refers to a language, culture, and geographical location, not a race.

Many white hispanics are prejudice against non-white people. Zimmeran's father is white and his mother was said be hispanic, but no reference was made of race.

I saw this program on TV one day. The segment on Peru begins at the 30 minute mark. Hopefully, you will watch it and learn that racist attitudes against black people is not exclusive to whites in the US. Zimmerman made race the issue.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-3-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

All employment applications instruct Europeans, Middle Easterners, and North Africans to select the white check box.

As for Zimmerman, a Peruvian can also be white. If Christopher Colombus settled down with a woman from Spain in Peru, all their children would be racially white. Are you going to dispute that people from Spain who migrated to South America suddenly stopped being white because they changed continents?

Simply not true! Go to college and take some anthropology classes.

Hispanics fall under the Mongoloid category of race, whites are Caucasoid. White genes are repressive, and all others are dominant. If a caucasoid reproduces with a mongloid or negroid, their dominant genes override the caucasoid's repressive genes. Native Americans come from asia, originally.

edit on 25-3-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

so you are saying.....? we have a white president, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

Hispanics fall under the Mongoloid category of race, whites are Caucasoid. White genes are repressive, and all others are dominant. If a caucasoid reproduces with a mongloid or negroid, their dominant genes override the caucasoid's repressive genes. Native Americans come from asia, originally.

I'm thinking you're meaning recessive genes. Marystilltoe's post is correct, usually governmental forms have a question asking if one is hispanic then it goes on to ask the person's racial identification, therefore letting it be known being hispanic is not a race.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

Originally posted by WP4YT

I'm thinking you're meaning recessive genes. Marystilltoe's post is correct, usually governmental forms have a question asking if one is hispanic then it goes on to ask the person's racial identification, therefore letting it be known being hispanic is not a race.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

Ok, we're all aware of the government form. However, if you were going to describe Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, how would you start? Would you say "that white guy from the middle east"? No way, furthest words from your thoughts. That's what we're talking about here. Not what you would check off on some form. It's how that person would be perceived on the street. Most people would call Mahmoud "that Arab guy from Iran", even though he's Persian. If you didn't know who he was and saw him on the street you'd call him Arabic or middle-eastern. You'd never describe him as a white guy. Same boat as say Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez. They would never be described as white men. They would probably arrest you if you called them white men to their faces.

If there was a white people rally, how many Latinos, Hispanics, Persians, Arabs, Indians (country), etc.. would show up with their "White Is Nice" t-shirts?

Be honest for once on this topic.

edit: The truth about race of Zimmerman may prevent a race war. Blowback so-to-speak, where little white kids carrying skittles become targets of "justice", then more little black kids carrying skittles are targets, and then big kids, and then college students, then elderly, this will feed off of itself. If the word "white" had never been used... If they said "half-Peruvian", nobody would be in danger except maybe George himself.

edit on 26-3-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I was raised with this song, I cannot count the number of times I sang it as a child,
I know how much some of you hate Christians, but I thank-my PARENTS FOR TEACHING ME TO LOVE LONG AGO,

oops caps

youtu.be...

We are all brothers after all.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

The problem is our leaders, a good leader would have stepped up to the plate to calm his people, ours used it as a political ploy, and created more divisiveness.

edit on 023131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The problem is our leaders, a good leader would have stepped up to the plate to calm his people, ours used it as a political ploy, and created more divisiveness.

edit on 023131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

You are correct. We the people, need to be better than our "betters" and diffuse this thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Finally, a voice of reason. Thank you Reverend Bryant, now others will find courage to speak out against this exploitation:

Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

The conservative black pastor who was once the chapter president of the Garland, Texas NAACP called Jackson and Sharpton “race hustlers” and said they are “acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.”

Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton and Jackson of 'exploiting' Trayvon Martin

He also says:

Bryant said he worries that “people like Sharpton and those on the left” will make Martin’s death a campaign issue in the presidential race.

He speculated that they will “turn this evolving tragedy of this young man into fodder to say… if you don’t re-elect Obama then you will have unbridled events or circumstances like this happening in the streets to young men wearing hoodies.”

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are mistaking cultural tendencies, or rather collective Gestalt bias in the culture as actual empirical reality. In other words, it's a bit like how we all "know" that a tomato is biologically a fruit, but we tend to "lump" it in with vegetables as a cultural tendency. Interestingly enough, vegetables is wholly a cultural construct and not at all a category of any empirical merit (fruit is, however).

At any rate, how this relates is that ethnicity has empirical merit, "race" or the culturally constructed categories we create in the US that are what go for "race" have no merit whatsoever. The sooner we here in this forum (and subsequently in the US as a whole) start acknowledging that, the sooner issues like what we are discussing (Trayvon and Zimmerman) both the cause of the murder itself (assuming this culturally constructed "race" affecting Zimmermann was the issue) and the nation-wide speculation and "blowback" too will cease to occur or even be on the radar screen.

There is no such thing as "white", so a "White Rally" would be consistent with the collective culturally constructed identity of those who take that position. In other words, a bunch of people, through their own creation of self identity and from that group identity (or vice versa, maybe??), get together based on a negotiated superficial/mythical/perceptual category.

Just like the vegetable category, the "White" category is a cultural myth built by Gestalt.

Now, on the other hand, there is a valid categorization for Hispanics, but this is only empirical insofar as it refers to their similarity of basic cultural (including language) heritage. But even this is flawed. For example, many people who we here have been referring to as "White" (at least in the US) might also be considered "Anglo" or even "English". This nomenclature could then be carried on to group in Canadians, Australians, Kiwis, Jamaicans, Guyanese, Trinies, Irish, Belizians (Sp??), Bahamians, South Africans (some of them at least) and maybe even certain echelons of India and Hong Kong.

Now, looking at that group, who here still sees "Hispanic" (as in people from Mexico, Cuba, Spain - of course, Ecuador, Argentina, Chile, Equatorial Guinea, and to some extent possibly even the Philippines) as some sort of monolithic group? Other than language or other cultural tendencies that have varying degrees of popularity or "steadfastness" , there really is no cohesive element that creates a Hispanic. Just the same, other than the English language and some steadfast cultural similarities, there is no dry-cut category that creates "Anglos".

It's overlap. A hispanic is not Asian (or Mongoloid, as you put it). There are some Hispanics who have native American ancestry - in whole or in part - and there are many others who have none whatsoever. Just the same, there are some Americans/Canadians/Belizeans/Guyanese/etc. who have native American blood in their genes and there are those that don't.

There are Cubans who are third generation Chinese (or mixed). There are Peruvians who are third or more generations Japanese (or mixed - look at the ex-President Alberto Fujimori, what a "Hispanic" last name, huh?). There are Afro-Cubans, Afro-Colombians and Afro-Bolivians...who may be 100% mixed West African ethnicity (though I highly doubt that's possible this far along) or some other percentage mixed with European ancestry or Native American (or even Asian groups in the case of Brazil or Cuba). Argentina has one of the highest populations of Italians and Germans outside of those countries. Brazil has THE highest population of people of whole or mixed Japanese ancestry outside of Japan. There are Ashkenazi Jews in Paraguay, Guatemala and Cuba. There are Lebanese Arabs in Brazil and Uruguay. There are Koreans in Bolivia. There are Turks in Brazil. There are Italians in Venezuela. There are Poles and Ukranians and Russians and Armenians all across the continent of South America. There is a sizeable amount of Scotch-Irish descendants of Confederate Southerners living in Brazil, for God's sake. Are they Hispanic - how hilarious that would be, right? Wearing the confederate flag and being Hispanic at the same time...makes me laugh on the inside.

Your whole perception of race is invalid.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I tried to do a search about ABC messing with the zimmerman tapes and getting caught

more racial motivated news from the MSM

looks like Zimmerman had a gash in the back of his head... Self defense much?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
ABC has false reports with racial bias. NBC gets caught selectively editing the 9/11 tape to stir up racial tensions. Makes you wonder WHY? Why are they intent on causing racial problems and telling lies. hmmmm ....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To answer your question, I think maybe that if this ever does reach a court room and Zimmerman is still an innocent man, the left and the civil rights groups will go crazy and riot.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by FlyersFan

To answer your question, I think maybe that if this ever does reach a court room and Zimmerman is still an innocent man, the left and the civil rights groups will go crazy and riot.

that damn civil rights people.
they took our women out of the kitchen and our blacks out of the fields.
damn them.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by satron
A lot of Hispanics do identify themselves as Caucasian. Just saying.

They don't "identify" themselves as Caucasian...they are Caucasian.

Hispanic is not a race...it's an ethnicity.

I don't expect most people here to comprehend this.

NOT TRUE. Hispanic is a culture. There are some Caucasian Hispanics, Mestizo Hispanics, some Native Hispanics and even a few African Hispanics(but in Hispanic nations they are usually forced into shanty towns and are often culled[see African Mexicans).

But Mr. Zimmerman would fall under the Native Hispanic or perhaps Mestizo Hispanic. Then again I am not surprised you have a hard on for trying to label Mr. Zimmerman as something other than what he is. It is convenient for rhetorical purposes I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join