It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brightest galactic flash ever detected hits Earth, one day earlier Indonesia had EQ of M 9.3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Personally think this events are connected and gamma rays or cosmic rays from space can cause strongest earthquakes on Earth ..

Here you can find more info ..

hera.ph1.uni-koeln.de...

Scientists have detected a flash of light from across the Galaxy so powerful that it bounced off the Moon and lit up the Earth's upper atmosphere. The flash was brighter than anything ever detected from beyond our Solar System and lasted over a tenth of a second. NASA and European satellites and many radio telescopes detected the flash and its aftermath on December 27, 2004. Two science teams report about this event at a special press event today at NASA headquarters. A multitude of papers are planned for publication.

"This might be a once-in-a-lifetime event for astronomers, as well as for the neutron star," said Dr. David Palmer of Los Alamos National Laboratory, lead author on a paper describing the Swift observation. "We know of only two other giant flares in the past 35 years, and this December event was one hundred times more powerful."

www.nasa.gov...

Indonesia EQ second larger ever recoded of M 9.3, 26 December 2004 ..

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

SGR 1806-20

On December 27, 2004, the radiation from an explosion on the surface of SGR 1806-20 reached Earth.[2] In terms of gamma rays, the burst had an absolute magnitude around −291. It was the brightest event known to have been sighted on this planet from an origin outside our solar system. The gamma rays struck the ionosphere and created more ionization, which briefly expanded the ionosphere. The magnetar released more energy in one-tenth of a second (1.3×1039 J) than our sun has released in 100,000 years (4×1026 W × 3.2×1012 s = 1.3×1039 J). Such a burst is thought to be the largest explosion observed by humans in the galaxy since the SN 1604 supernova observed by Johannes Kepler in 1604. A similar blast within 3 parsecs (10 light years) of Earth would destroy the ozone layer and would be similar in effect to a 12 kt of TNT (50 TJ) nuclear blast at 7.5 km. The nearest known magnetar to earth is 1E 1048.1-5937, located 9,000 light-years away in the constellation

SGR 1806-20 is located about 14.5 kiloparsecs (50,000 light-years) from Earth on the far side of our Milky Way galaxy in the constellation of Sagittarius. It has a diameter of no more than 20 kilometres (12 mi) and rotates on its axis every 7.5 seconds (30,000 km/h rotation speed at the surface). As of 2007, SGR 1806-20 is the most magnetized object ever perceived by humankind, with a magnetic field over 1015 gauss (1011 tesla) in intensity[1] (compared to the Sun's 1–5 gauss).

en.wikipedia.org...

Four of these magnetars are also called soft gamma repeaters, or SGRs, because they flare up randomly and release gamma rays. Such episodes release about 10^30 to 10^35 watts for about a second, or up to millions of times more energy than our Sun. For a tenth of a second, the giant flare on SGR 1806-20 unleashed energy at a rate of about 10^40 watts.

The total energy produced was more than the Sun emits in 150,000 years.

www.nasa.gov...

Animated location ..

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 21-3-2012 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There is one major problem with your theory, it should affect the whole earth and not just one single earthquake.

I think you are wrong, but thats just me

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
There is one major problem with your theory, it should affect the whole earth and not just one single earthquake.

I think you are wrong, but thats just me

You are funny with that "major problem", but you probably know that ..

In your theory is correct we had always or mostly multiply earthquakes ..

When internal pressure building up with EM radiation, one crack can make exhaust ..

So you probably don't understood how earthquakes works ..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The earthquake occurred before the radiation reached Earth?
Aren't you mixing things up a bit?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The earthquake occurred before the radiation reached Earth?
Aren't you mixing things up a bit?

Are you think you know all or they ??

Maybe is time to learn something new ..

You can learn from this event very much new staff Phage, is not so simple like scientists write ..

To many particles is in concerned and all do not have same fixed speed etc ..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You never told us why you think the two events are connected. Just have a feeling or what?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
You never told us why you think the two events are connected. Just have a feeling or what?

Because I believe EM radiation can cause biggest earthquakes, also very confident ..

Have many examples but is useless if you do not understand basic things of EM radiation what I already post ..

en.wikipedia.org...

The types of electromagnetic radiation are broadly classified into the following classes:
Gamma radiation
X-ray radiation
Ultraviolet radiation
Visible radiation
Infrared radiation
Microwave radiation
Radio waves

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lover088

So yeah, the earthquake happened on the 26th December 2004 and the gamma burst happened on the 27th December 2004 and you believe that there is a connection here.

What is the connection?

Clearly the gamma burst didn't cause the earthquake because the earthquake came first.
Clearly the earthquake didn't cause the gamma burst because it's origin is 50,000 light years away and already occurred 50,000 years ago.

So what is it??

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The radiation arrived on December 27, 2004 21:30 UTC. The earthquake occurred on December 26, 2004 00:58 UTC. That's 44.5 hours.

You think the gamma ray burst (traveling at the speed of light) caused the earthquake to occur almost 2 days before it arrived.

Maybe is time to learn something new ..

I'm all ears.

edit on 3/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hahaa ..

ATS Police is here, again ..

Run, run ..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Why run?
Wouldn't it be better to try to explain?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lover088
Hahaa ..

ATS Police is here, again ..

Run, run ..

So....this is your reply when you don't agree with logic? Sad...it could have been an interesting thread.....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why run?
Wouldn't it be better to try to explain?

No need for explanation or similar ..

I already posted and explain all ..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

EM radiation can only, at best travel at the speed of light, I say at best because space isn't a perfect vacuum plus there will be a lot of external forces slowing down those particles as they travels the 50,000 light years to get to earth.

So it is impossible for that gamma burst to have caused the Indonesian earthquake.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

EM radiation can only, at best travel at the speed of light, I say at best because space isn't a perfect vacuum plus there will be a lot of external forces slowing down those particles as they travels the 50,000 light years to get to earth.

So it is impossible for that gamma burst to have caused the Indonesian earthquake.

Wrong ..

You learn one day ..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You didn't explain how an earthquake which occurred almost two days before the electromagnetic wavefront of the burst arrived could have been caused by the burst.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lover088

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Wrong ..

Prove it.....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

All you said was that you believed the flash could have caused the eq. You have not explained how it caused it before it could have reached Earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You say you have explained all? Yet I still don't understand where your getting at. You are saying an earthquake happened due to a theory on a theory without explaining yourself correctly. This ATS? We need facts to back up what your saying. I personally don't believe that earthquakes happen due to occurings outside our planet but am all for listening to possible theories from ATS members.

And it's not ATS police. Phage is a respected member that is able to ask common sense questions and I respect his every response

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No free-time now ..

If you have enough knowledge you can understand very easily ..

If you don't no need to strain your eyes ..

I only post this example for some member and old friends, because I know they are interested in subject ..

Peace ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join