It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let US Make MAN In Our Image" What About Women?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on Thu Mar 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme

Originally posted by michaelbrux
Woman is man as much as man is man.

your hangup is an issue specifically related to the world you were raised in.

when the passage was written someone should have had the gift of vision to know that in the future, society will interpret things differently than intended and will seize upon this minor issue.

actually...i think that in the bible those people were referred to as "Fault Finders".

Actually Man is Woman as much as Woman is Woman...All embroys start out as female

I think the whole woman are evil thing comes from the fact that we are a weakness to men which of course hurts their egos because nobody likes to have a weakness. If Woman were to have ruled it would be the men who are protrayed as evil because they are our weakness.

i'm not sure how evil became a part of the thread...

...but I don't think the purpose of Genesis was to make this accusation...

i wanted to acknowledge that I read your post, but don't want to take it any farther because i no longer place value on the concepts of good and evil...even though i know what they are and what you are referring to.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

"Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness".

I'm far from a believer of any supernatural entity. Yet i've always used that passage as an example of "GOD" being something more than meets the eye of the average believer, maybe the smoking gun that it's referring to a race of "higher beings" in 3rd person. Many say it is referring to the trinity, although i beg to think otherwise.

Although to the question being asked, i would assume "Man" means mankind (ie; the human race) as others pointed out.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

reply to post by NoRegretsEver

actually...your freshman level biology book told you something similar.

its not bragging...its about an honest effort in trying to have understanding of reality.

you should be happy to know that if in that single case that woman did not come from man...the man that told that awful lie will answer for his actions.

Actually you dont know what made me ask this question, and its surly wasn't a biology, but a different book.

The "man/men" that have maintained that awful lie, has kept it alive and well for far to long, and waiting around for their judgment is helping no one to understand.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

take your issues to someone else...not interested...

thanx.

do they still have the ignore specific posters options on this forum...i'm going to need it...

to many posters will a major beef...with what some book said.

man, in the biblical sense, is mankind...males and females.

link   

Before you judge the Bible, you should at least read the original text that was written down. Whoever wrote the Genesis account down first, had never in there life heard the word "man".

The hebrew word used in the verse you are referring to is אדם
Which can be translated into "adam"

Which can be translated into "mankind", IE, men and women.

link   

when the passage was written someone should have had the gift of vision to know that in the future, society will interpret things differently than intended and will seize upon this minor issue.

actually...i think that in the bible those people were referred to as "Fault Finders".

Actually Man is Woman as much as Woman is Woman...All embroys start out as female

I think the whole woman are evil thing comes from the fact that we are a weakness to men which of course hurts their egos because nobody likes to have a weakness. If Woman were to have ruled it would be the men who are protrayed as evil because they are our weakness.

i wanted to acknowledge that I read your post, but don't want to take it any farther because i no longer place value on the concepts of good and evil...even though i know what they are and what you are referring to.

I am refurring to the bible refurring to women as evil. You know Eve and the snake and all that, but also before that with the story of Lilith and for a while through out histoy when people took everything in the bible as literal. Some people still do today too.

Maybe not exactly what the op was talking about but related. It is mentioned there being a stigma against women for thousands of years. Well that is a part of that stigma.

I forgot to mention in my previous post but parts of it sounds to me like the op is asking the old "what comes first the chicken or the egg" question

Maybe I am comprehending wrong, a common problem when reading on the internet.
edit on 21-3-2012 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Before you judge the Bible, you should at least read the original text that was written down. Whoever wrote the Genesis account down first, had never in there life heard the word "man".

In this thread we ALL get schooled.

I'd flag ya if I could, lason. For now a star will have to do!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by Iason321

In this thread we ALL get schooled.

I'd flag ya if I could, lason. For now a star will have to do!

I just read through this thread, and boy are you right!

There is some major confusion and misconceptions going on in these previous replies

Geesh, thank God I came along to clear things up!

edit on 3/21/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I believe the EXACT text in the bible is
Somewhere in Genesis...

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, but I will make chicks quite a bit hotter."

I think that is the EXACT text any arguments of this are invalid as I have a picture of Sean Connery in a dress.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well from what ive read depending on the religion Adam and Lilith came first. Lilith was to dominate and left the garden. Eve was born of clay and Adams rib later Lilith comes back and tempts Eve with the fruit and Eve eats of it. Adam heart broken knowing if he doesnt eat of the fruit Eve will be forsaken to die alone and as he was made in the likeness of god had the compassion to be condemned with his wife. As for women being evil thats not true maybe some are self destructive temptresses but dont lump them in with the whole group. Child birth being the way it was was womans punishment for listening to the snake Aka satan or Lilith depending on who you ask.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I suppose I should also mention the second part of my reply was in response to the OP. The first part about the embryos too you in a silly just playing around kind of way hence the emocon. I guess I should have made two separate posts. Sorry for any confusion!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

That is the EXACT text as translated into our modern English language and printed in our KJV Bible.

The text, as written by the writers of the Bible, when Genesis was written ~3000 years ago or so, reads like this (this is transliterated Hebrew):

Amar Elohim Asah Adam Tselem

"And God has said, we shall make humans in the image of us"

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Man is a generic word for the species of people , if you read the next verse 1:27 it says created man in our own image male and female . If you go on to read the next verse Genesis 1:28 God tells them to be fruitful and REPLENISH the earth . In other words the verse of Genesis 1:26 let us make man in OUR IMAGE AND OUR LIKENESS coupled with the verse to replenish shows that we as people were on the earth before and it was destroyed so we were REPLENISHING the earth.

In Genesis 1:2 the verse say and the earth WAS void and without form . The word was is the Hebrew word Hayah Strongs number 1961 and the word means TO BECOME . ...........so Genesis 1:2 actually should read ........and the earth bacame void and without form .

God destroyed the first earth age because of what Satan did . These old structures you see across the world that they have no explanation for are from the first earth age , we built them and when God destroyed the world that was not everything became destroyed by the flood and great earth shaking . This is not the flood of Noah but a totally different flood.

The people created on the sixth day were all the races and to understand you must remember that a day to God is a thousand years to man so the sixth day was the sixth thousand year after the start of recreation of the earth. The seventh day was another thousand years and on the eighth day God created Adam and eve who Jesus Christ bloodline would come from , this is why Eve is called the mother of all living because only thru Christ can you live into the third earth age after this second earth age ends .
edit on 21-3-2012 by Azadok because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I am refurring to the bible refurring to women as evil. You know Eve and the snake and all that, but also before that with the story of Lilith and for a while through out histoy when people took everything in the bible as literal. Some people still do today too.

Maybe not exactly what the op was talking about but related. It is mentioned there being a stigma against women for thousands of years. Well that is a part of that stigma.

I forgot to mention in my previous post but parts of t sound to me like the op is asking the old "what comes first the chicken or the egg" question

Maybe I am comprehending wrong, a common problem when reading on the internet.

every man is HALF woman; biological fact. The serpent can influence the Male of the species in a similar manner to how it influences the Female of the species.

When the Bible spoke of Eve and the Serpent it was describing an event that occurred with a Male and much as a Female...

you should really understand basic genetics to realize this.

what the minimum education requirement to be a member on this site anyways?

I wasn't talking about man being half anything I was talking about all embryos being female as a joke to your response...lighten up.

As for you insulting my intelligence maybe you should worry about your own and leave everyone elses alone....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

take your issues to someone else...not interested...

Actually I wrote the thread, and you have remained here, saying silly things to those that do not agree. There have been plenty of replies by people who have offered their own interpretation, and did NOT need to be childish.
NRE.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I suppose I should also mention the second part of my reply was in response to the OP. The first part about the embryos too you in a silly just playing around kind of way hence the emocon. I guess I should have made two separate posts. Sorry for any confusion!

I take back my apology becasue you clearly don't deserve it....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

you know as well as i do that you don't joke around with strangers on a conspiracy forum unless you want a fight...

i will never lighten up...

Am I just joking around?

have a good time tonight.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

okay...OP.

you win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join