It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police surround suspect in Toulouse shootings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
BBC reporting that assault started 2 mins ago.

Whole thing is so fishy. I was following news reports since it started about 6-7 in da morning.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Here, sort this out,

Merah has spent considerable time in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Gueant said. Merah was sent back from Afghanistan to France by the U.S. Army, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said in Toulouse Wednesday. He said Afghan police had checked Merah's identification during a traffic stop, and as a result he was handed over to the U.S. Army, which then put him on board the first plane heading to France.

But a senior U.S. military official gave a different version from the French prosecutor about what happened to the suspect in Afghanistan.

The senior U.S. military official told the CNN contributor Fran Townsend that the French shooting suspect was stopped by Afghan forces who tried to turn him over to the U.S. military. The U.S. directed them to hand Merah to French forces since he was a citizen of their country. He was given over the French military by the Afghans and the French military decided to return him to France, according to the source.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

Yeah, I'd like to think if it was that easy we would have sent a lot more terrorists to France.

Either way this whole thing is pretty embarassing for the French govt, they were already watching him why not step up the surveillance after the first attack near his house, or maybe by the second attack near his house. That it took three shootings to connect the dots is pathetic.

Can't say I blame the way they are handling the seige though, he could have anything waiting for them up there, he had plenty of time to prepare.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Something VERY suss about this.

He was held in Afghan,
He wasnt held in Afgha.
The americans sent him to France
The french sent him to France
He was a Neo Nazi
He's now a Alqaeda wannabe

sometimes these people take us for fkn idiots!

Can you provide some proof to these claims please
I know about Afghan, I heard rumours about Americans sending him back to France - but what's the neo nazi deal?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
3 explosions heard at the scene

Image of the suspect:

news.sky.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Three explosions have been heard at a block of flats in the French city of Toulouse where a man suspected of killing seven people has been holed up since Wednesday morning.

The interior ministry could not confirm an assault on the flat had begun.

The blasts were accompanied by flashes of orange light.

Mohammed Merah, 23, is suspected of killing four people at a Jewish school last Monday and three soldiers in two attacks last week.

The blasts sent shockwaves around the quiet residential streets around the building, reports the BBC's Christian Fraser in Toulouse.

edit on 21-3-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
On France 24 they're saying that the explosions were not the start of an assault, but rather an attempt by the police to 'intimidate' him into keeping his word about surrendering. This whole thing is just odd.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Video of assault

www.bbc.co.uk...

Some sources are saying his door has been blown off. Others saying the police are trying to spook him.
edit on 21-3-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

TOULOUSE, France (AP) — Riot police set off explosions outside an apartment building early Thursday in an effort to force the surrender of a gunman who boasted of bringing France "to its knees" with an al-Qaida-linked terror spree that killed seven people.
As the standoff dragged into a second day, hundreds of heavily armed police, some in body armor, cordoned off the five-story building in Toulouse where the 24-year-old suspect, Mohamed Merah, had been holed up.

Three explosions were heard and orange flashes lit up the night sky near the building. An Interior Ministry official said the suspect had gone back on a previous decision to turn himself in — and that police blew up the shutters outside the apartment window to pressure him to surrender.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootsCobbler
On France 24 they're saying that the explosions were not the start of an assault, but rather an attempt by the police to 'intimidate' him into keeping his word about surrendering. This whole thing is just odd.

If I was the French cop in charge that's exactly what I would say if my assault plan failed.

Harrassing a barricaded suspect with explosives is a new technique to me. To confuse and disorient yes, but to intimidate? Not buying it for a minute.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here is an automated translation of an article about a woman who filled a complaint twice against the killer

The new identity of the alleged killings of Toulouse and Montauban has "cut the legs". Mohamed Merah is the man who molested her daughter and tried to "indoctrinate" her teenage son, two years ago. This woman, who wished to remain anonymous, wants "absolutely testify." She said "the police know." She is a woman "angry" that is expressed.

"I am appalled. It took all these people are killed for Mohamed Merah has finally stopped. This is a huge mess ... ". According to this mother who lives in the old neighborhood where lived the alleged killings of Montauban and Toulouse , "the police knew all about the danger of this individual and his radicalism." "I filed a complaint against Mohamed Merah twice and I raised on numerous occasions. in vain. " A small portion of the facts she mentions were revealed in the day by many media, based on the testimony of a woman, Malika . It reported an incident from 2010 when Mohamed Merah , threatening, had appeared in the district Izards, lattice dark, hooded, sword in hand and shouting "Allah Aqbar". "This is it threatened us that day, reveals our anonymous witness, we call her Aisha. And it is this day he assaulted my children."

"He forced my son to watch videos of unsustainable"
The day before, the son of Aisha, then aged 15, was accosted by Mohamed Merah . "He got into his car. He did listen to a CD of songs, into believing that it was the Koran." The songs are actually calls to go into battle. "He drove my son to his home, where it is still entrenched. In his apartment, there was a huge Koran in his living room and several large swords hanging on the wall. He won a then forced him to watch videos of Al Qaeda. " The scenes are "unsustainable". Women executed with a bullet in the head, and men slaughtered. "My son called me. Was finally able to recover. He remained locked over there from 17h to midnight ...".

"The mujahideen"
Aisha complaint, which angered Mohamed Merah . "He came by our house. He threatened and beaten. He said I was an atheist and I have to pay like all the French. He kept repeating that he was a mujahedeen and die as a martyr, he would erase the Earth all those who were killing Muslims ... He also said that he and his friends would take my son and that I would more than my eyes to weep. " Two days later, Mohamed Merah would have attacked his son: "Why did you all about your mother?". "It hit him, took it, and my daughter intervened. He beat her. There were many people, but nobody moved." These scenes of violence (it also evokes a flash-ball with which he allegedly threatened his nephew), Aisha "kept everything": "dress her daughter torn and stained with blood, the complaint, mail recovery , photos and medical certificates ... "

see next post

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

A complaint "very detailed" filed in June 2010
Aisha's lawyer, Mr. Mouton, confirms that a "very detailed complaint" has been filed. "On June 25, 2010," Aisha complete. "I raised many times. No one ever told me what actions had been given," continued the mother. The lawyer, who "meets the sincerity of his client," says again: "The mother was heard, but I do not know whether an investigation was triggered and if so, what action has been reserved." Since Aisha was told that the alleged killings of Montauban and Toulouse was Mohamed Merah , she is "terrified". "He threatened us with death. He made the sign of the slaughter. I try to protect my family, but I'm afraid." The talk of Mohamed Merah . "If you see it, you offririez him coffee. It seems like a lamb and it would give him the good God without confession ... He has two faces. He could suddenly change their behavior. He could drink a beer from Two minutes later, while running through his prayers. "

"His brother the brain"
Unknowingly, Aisha confirms the statements we had received in late morning to "close" the young man. One, calling himself "Ben's", had referred to "the change of Mohamed, after the arrival of a group of extremists in the area". "He wore the traditional dress. He calling to young people about religion. Then there were rumors of his trips to Afghanistan. When I saw him, a few months ago, he was on a motorcycle, dressed in the West. It was a rodeo. It had a crest on the head and discolored a big tattoo Maori style, on the skull. " It is this peak blond evoked spontaneously Aisha. "That is why, and for his extremist views which he had repress mosques," said Aisha. The mother also reports "rodeos scooter and drive". "He boasted. He was also very urgent with the young girls of the neighborhood." But for Aisha, this is the brother of Mohamed Abdelkader, who is "the brain". "It was he who filled his skull. It is he who often went abroad, in Egypt." Tonight Aisha said "exhausted". "Why, despite all my reports, Mohamed Merah has he not been arrested? We still saw last week. We taunting. I have told all on numerous occasions to the police and prefecture. And today, there we are. This is incomprehensible and revolting. "

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Dunno if this thread is still ongoing...

But I just saw on local news, there have ben 3 loud bangs around where he was/is held up.

sage??

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
He's still in there. They claim they are just trying to intimidate and fatigue him. They're talking about how he didn't keep his word to give himself up yesterday afternoon, which made them irritated.
HELLO! He's a terrorist who kills children! Not exactly the most moral person in the world to trust!

They want him alive, and I just wish they would blow his a$$ up and be done with it. But he's already got a lawyer giving interviews on tv and claiming it isn't his fault, he had a hard childhood, or something or other. The whole thing keeps making me think there is more going on- he's providing a distraction, for other operations going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
But he's already got a lawyer giving interviews on tv and claiming it isn't his fault, he had a hard childhood, or something or other.

Typical lawyer! More sympathy and support for the wrong doer! Striking similarities to the Robert Bales atrocity.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This whole thing smell like a false flag organised by France-US-Israel

300 police man surrounding the building .. WTH
only 2-3 swat teams of 5 cops for each team would have been enought

This is RIDICULOUS
they have evacuated the entire area

The suspect barricaded for 30 hrs
Police have the orders to capture him alive

I think something really bad will happen soon
Like a big explosion .. wondering why they need so many cops
they need victims in a false flag

Maybe the bomb is not assemble yet or it didnt detonate correctly (the few bangs)
they need that false flag to be perfect (far to be perfect so far)
what sarkozy need and what Israel need is a big explosion
and blame it on Assad or Ahmadinejad for a new war in the ME

edit on 3/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Police have the orders to capture him alive

Possibly too late for that. There's been no communication from the guy for some time and men have entered the house with a stretcher.

It seems he may now be shagging the first of his 72 virgins! Allah flipping Akbar, indeed!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Sorry but this rings of pure BS to, in fact my BS alarm is almost burnt out it is ringing that hard.

This supposed Al Quiada terrorist is an Islamic warrior fighting for the Palestinian children? So why was he running around last week shooting black soldiers? If he was just killing Jews, then yes perhaps this story would make sense, but there were two separate incidents last week where 3 soldiers were killed, 1 in one incident then followed by 2 in the next one, all 3 were of African or afro Caribbean descent, now don't get me wrong here, but a lot of teh African immigrants into France are in fact Muslim, would a Muslim warrior be going out killing other potential Muslims in retaliation of what is happening in Palestine

Sorry but this smells more than my dogs farts, and boy do they stink

Typical ATS, screaming conspiracy and BS without availing themselves of all the facts first...

The regiment that the soldiers were in has just come back from a tour of Afghan and has done several over the years. It is likely that the killer knows this and may well have had direct contact with them over there. Also, they are local to him. That is why that regiment was targeted

Honestly, the standard of critical thinking has gone downhill round these parts, ironically while people think themselves "smarter" because they will call BS on pretty much anything.

This is simply some Talib wannabe having his crack at the French, on his home turf, against a regiment that has done time on Afghan and the stock Jewish targets all Islamists go for.. Simples.. No conspiracy, false flag or Aliens here.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
He's possibly dead. Police haven't heard anything from him for hours, besides two gun shots.

www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC reporting that the gunman decided he 'now wants to die - weapon in hand'

However, he said it was "quite strange that he did not react" to the explosions that were set off overnight to intimidate Merah.
"We heard two shots, we don't know what they were," Mr Gueant said.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
They want him alive, and I just wish they would blow his a$$ up and be done with it. But he's already got a lawyer giving interviews on tv and claiming it isn't his fault, he had a hard childhood, or something or other. The whole thing keeps making me think there is more going on- he's providing a distraction, for other operations going on.

A distraction for what? A bit of a slow news day today, as it happens.

And if they want him alive, doesn't that kind of blow any "conspiracy" out of the water as he will go on trial, exposing any kind of conspiracy for the world to see?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I would be surprised if he had committed suicide, as that would not get him his "virgins". I would have thought he'd go out in a "blaze of glory"..

The French tactics are also a bit "odd, but they are French I suppose.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Larger explosions being reported now as compared to earlier blasts.

Not confirmed if the police or the gunman doing this.

I have to say if this is the police, its a sad state of affairs that they cannot storm a building and take down one suspect but instead have to blow up the buildings he is in. Those guys are really scared.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join