It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cure for atheism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Erm you get people who are douchebags in all walks of life and you can't just say they were because they didn't have religion....maybe you labeled them douchebags because they don't share the same religion as you.
(But if he is racist yeah he is one)

Again, an atheist labeling me as judgmental of someone because they are an atheist, which of course is judgmental on your part. I guess that would make you a hypocrite.

I prefer not to associate with douchebags, but I can tell you that of all the Christians I know, I would not be able to label them as one. I can't say the same for to atheists I've known.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I said the cure for Atheism was spiritual experience and you said you'd been having spiritual experiences from a young age.

You seemed to be implying you are Atheistic. So are you? And if you are why?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

now that would be a religion i could get behind. one that uses science, mathamatics, stuff that is based on observable objects. I thought scientology was a religion based on such things. Imagine my surprise when i looked into it
. I'm glad you have an open mind young brother. Make sure it stays that way.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
i dont understand why its ok for christians to say crap like this, but as soon as an atheist challenges a christians beliefs, all hell breaks loose. i dont understand why you religious loons cant just leave us alone.

unless youre all trolls. if thats the case, this site needs to do some serious cleaning up.

Wow, another hypocrite. How exactly would you "clean up" this site? Ban certain people? Censor opinions? Allow only liberal views on here?

Look up any thread about religion where atheists are constantly calling the Bible a "fairy tale" and belittling Christians to no end. You all talk about not being judgmental when you are nothing but. Hypocrites. Worse than the loudmouth variety of Christians.

Why do you even bother? You don't believe it, so why defend your position? Do you harass kids who still believe in the tooth fairy? Do you yell at people waiting in line at the mall to get their picture taken with Santa?

No? Then STFU already.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Annee

I said the cure for Atheism was spiritual experience and you said you'd been having spiritual experiences from a young age.

So the only explanation for an alternative level of consciousness is man created Omnipotent God?

You've been drinking the Kool-Aid too long.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by alkesh

. Remember though friend, it's likewise equally illogical to use the exception to the rule to define the same rule.

True my friend. That statement should have been directed at the OP and his logic that us non-believers cling to our non-beliefs like a life preserver. The pot calling the kettle black.No?

I'm pointing out nothing other than it's just not wise IMO, to use a fallacy of logic to try and prove others are illogical and irrational. I just can't reconcile that, that sends up the red flags my man.

And I directed my own rebuke to the op for his foolishness also in that post above.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by alkesh

I know exactly what you mean.. i am 14 and began asking questions about 2 years ago.. i have now completely abandoned christianity.. It has cost me relationships with family and friends but it was worth it.. i am now in the process of designing my own religion based off of science, the ancient religion illumination, and mathematics. there are many questions to be asked and many discoveries to be made. eventually, humanity will learn the truth and all the secrets of the universe, or at least the evolution of man would suggest this inevitable.. or at least we can hope..

I know we aren't suppose to do that (just a thumbs up) - - without adding more to the discussion. But - sometimes it says it all.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey if all religious folks where as nice as you these "discussions" between belivers an non-belivers would be much more productful

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by mamabeth

How many more thousands of years do we have to wait for this happening? So far it's 2000+ years and counting

LOL, stop bro, you're fulfilling prophecy:

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2 Peter 3:3-4

If you hate Christianity and the Bible find a new line of argumentation, you're confirming it to us. Setting us further in our "illogical" and "irrational" morass.

edit on 20-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Hey if all religious folks where as nice as you these "discussions" between belivers an non-belivers would be much more productful

Don't tell Anne that.

I appreciate it, I'm just not in the camp that thinks Atheists are stupid or any of that crap. We're all humans. Now, if you wanna see me really get pissy, let me find a wolf in sheep's clothing. Then you'll see me get unglued. If you say, "Hey, I'm not a sheep, I'm a porcupine!" Then I'll be your friend, love you, and serve you like Christ would have.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes. Absolutely.

I do not believe in a god -- any god -- from a religious perspective. Or any perspective.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

pretty sure people have been scoffing at this idea since it's inception. I can't belive i'm the first. Or maybe just maybe i AM fulfiling the prophecy

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

pretty sure people have been scoffing at this idea since it's inception. I can't belive i'm the first. Or maybe just maybe i AM fulfiling the prophecy

I don't doubt that, lol, people were mocking Jesus when He said He'd be back in THREE DAYS!!!! Just pointing out when you say that to one of us all we read is : Another prophecy fulfilled, 2 Peter 3:3-4.

It doesn't make us question our beliefs, it confirms them. Didn't know if you were aware or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

So the only explanation for an alternative level of consciousness is man created Omnipotent God?

You've been drinking the Kool-Aid too long.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

It's not the only explanation but it is one of them. I'm asking WHY YOU believe it isn't the correct explanation.

I'm not indoctrinated (drinking the kool-aid) to any religion, I let my experiences guide my path.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The wolves in sheeps clothing i could not agree with you more on. The gall some people have to take advantage of other people ashames me to call my self a human being sometimes. I guess the one thing we can truly agree on is that two things exist in this life, good and evil.

link   

There simply is NO reality to confirm or support the myth Christianity.

link   
reply to post by Annee

You can believe anything you want. But atheists say they know there isn't a god.

You cannot know there isn't a god any more than a christian can know there is.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

yes i was aware, thanks. sometimes i just can't resist a cheap shot
i'm a smart ass

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
atheist Christopher Hitchens doing what he does best, debunks christianity, in under 10 minutes.. it's worth the watch.. it's comedy and a good lesson all in one.
Christopher Hitchens debunks christianity in under 10 minutes

edit on 20-3-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You can believe anything you want. But atheists say they know there isn't a god.

No they don't. That is flat out wrong - incorrect - - - and propaganda promoted by God believers.

Not ONE legitimate honest Atheist would state there is no god (except in "colorful" discussion). Because it can not be proven. God can not be proven or dis-proven one way or the other.

Atheists lack belief in a god. Every honest Atheist will admit they are Agnostic. Atheists do not KNOW there is no god - - anymore then believers no for sure (proof) there is a god.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join