It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cure for atheism?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

Much like you bible bangers do and your beliefs. Are all of you bible bangers fatally allergic to logic and reason?

No, we all don't hate unbelievers, not at all. Remember though friend, it's likewise equally illogical to use the exception to the rule to define the same rule.

EDIT: To op, Atheism isn't a disease, it's a worldview.

edit on 20-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i dont understand why its ok for christians to say crap like this, but as soon as an atheist challenges a christians beliefs, all hell breaks loose. i dont understand why you religious loons cant just leave us alone.

unless youre all trolls. if thats the case, this site needs to do some serious cleaning up.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
i dont understand why its ok for christians to say crap like this, but as soon as an atheist challenges a christians beliefs, all hell breaks loose. i dont understand why you religious loons cant just leave us alone.

unless youre all trolls. if thats the case, this site needs to do some serious cleaning up.

You don't need to insult all Christians. Op made a mistake fpr doing so and should repent of that and apologize, but all of us even in here don't agree with op.

Take Care man,

NuT

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Question for the OP.

I made a magic drink and everyone who drinks it all of a sudden believes in a Religion..would you make everyone use it? and why?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Moral Depravity is one of the main causes of atheism.
Oh man here we go again. I would say Proof Depravity is the main cause. If religion was so factual and provable more people would believe in it. Therefore the cure is PROOF. But since that's never going to happen, you'll rely on derogatory generalizations to insult entire groups of people just because they don't believe the same things as you. Well done.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

yeah well its getting out of hand. very rarely do you see any atheists posts things up here, going out their way to offend religious people, specifically christians but every other day its something new. goes from atheists are amoral to atheists are demon possessed to atheism is a disease. like seriously? and you all wonder why there is so much hostility towards christians and why there has been for the last 2000 years. you all seriously just dont know how to leave people alone and that is why your religion is dying out world wide.
edit on 20-3-2012 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Jesus camps!!! thats the answer lock all atheists in Jesus camps, don't let them sleep give them Jesus juice and beat them until they believe and if they don't death by the sword.
They already tried that. it was called the dark ages. didn't work out so well. Thanks for those by the way church. We needed 800 years of opression under your rule.
edit on 20-3-2012 by alkesh because: sp

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Going by your title only.
Yes,there is a cure for atheism,it is called the second coming
of Yeshua/Jesus!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
A cure for abrahamic religions would be of more use.. Think of all the conflicts and violence that would have been avoided throughout history if there were no abrahamic religions. Humanity would have progressed much further without these religions which continue to hold us back to this day. People would be of much higher intelligence too.. come to think of it, i can't think of one negative affect getting rid of abrahamic religions would have.. why don't we just get rid of all religions while were at it..
stop the cancer/aids/stem cell research.. lets find a cure for stupid/ignorance..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

How many more thousands of years do we have to wait for this happening? So far it's 2000+ years and counting

edit on 20-3-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

If your waiting for jesus's return you are going to be waiting a long long time...

Return- To go or come back, as to an earlier condition or place.

Based on this definition of return, it is impossible as things stand now, for Jesus to return.. As their is no documented evidence, other than a completely inaccurate and inconsistent book filled with paradoxes, of his existence to begin with. To return he would have to be here at least once before..
edit on 20-3-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by alkesh

. Remember though friend, it's likewise equally illogical to use the exception to the rule to define the same rule.

True my friend. That statement should have been directed at the OP and his logic that us non-believers cling to our non-beliefs like a life preserver. The pot calling the kettle black.No?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The only cure for atheism is spiritual experience.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

OMG

The OP is so "out of touch" - "lost in translation" - "there's nothing to fear but fear itself" - "the only suggestion you'll pay for, is the 1 you don't take" - "there are no atheists in foxholes" - "faith means not wanting to know what is true" - "I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation" - "my play was a complete success." - "the audience was a failure" - "destroy the old files, but make copies first" - "I was always an independent, even when I had partners" - "my identity lies in not knowing who I am" - "and faith unfaithful kept him falsely true" - "Lord give me patience.. right bloody now" - "thank God I'm an Atheist" - "I am perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, sure of my insecurities, absolute chaos.. a beautiful disaster" - "a half truth is a whole lie" - "a man's silence is wonderful to listen to" - "did you just tell me I wasn't listening to you" - "I deserve respect for the things I did not do" - "you are my sweetest sin!" - "it isn't an optical illusion. It just looks like one" - "the best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep" - "common sense is not so common" - "half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at" - "I love humanity but I hate people" - 'Nanotechnology has been a big success!" - "why don't they make the whole airplane out of that black box stuff?

THANK YOU - - THANK YOU - THANK YOU

In advance - - I hope I entertained you as much as the ignorance of the OP.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
The only cure for atheism is spiritual experience.

Oh Bull F'n.

I was born having OBE's and connections beyond this physical world.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

I'm not wating brother. never have been and never will be. I started questioning this "wonderful" thing called religion as child. Asking why i could never see or talk to jesus or god. Always got the same answer with no explanation. "They see and know all". Yeah that worked up until i realized there was no santa clause no easter bunny ect. If their not real i think, why does god or jesus have to be real? That started me on a life-time pursuit of knowledge and answers that otherwise i never would have pursued. I would have been content thinking everything that happens in reality is the cause of some higher being. Religion is the easy way out. Everthings pre-determined and happens for a reason. If that where truly the case, why is the universe so damn complicated? We have an awful lot things left to learn about the universe. If it where created by this supreme being it wouldn't have made reality so complex so that we may spend all of our time worshiping them. Thats what they want after all innit? Unconditional worship.
edit on 20-3-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And you're an atheist?

How is that possible?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Annee

And you're an atheist?

How is that possible?

How is what possible?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

I know exactly what you mean.. i am 14 and began asking questions about 2 years ago.. i have now completely abandoned christianity.. It has cost me relationships with family and friends but it was worth it.. i am now in the process of designing my own religion based off of science, the ancient religion illumination, and mathematics. there are many questions to be asked and many discoveries to be made. eventually, humanity will learn the truth and all the secrets of the universe, or at least the evolution of man would suggest this inevitable.. or at least we can hope..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
reply to post by NOTurTypical

yeah well its getting out of hand. very rarely do you see any atheists posts things up here, going out their way to offend religious people, specifically christians but every other day its something new. goes from atheists are amoral to atheists are demon possessed to atheism is a disease. like seriously? and you all wonder why there is so much hostility towards christians and why there has been for the last 2000 years. you all seriously just dont know how to leave people alone and that is why your religion is dying out world wide.

And in those very same threads you mention do you fail to see Christians like me telling them they're wrong for doing that? Go back and look if so. And not at all, I've never wondered why there was a ton of hostility towards Christians for the past 2,000 years, that's precisely what Jesus said we'd endure on account of Him. But my point, don't lump us all together, we don't all hate you or think you have some "disease". It's just as stupid as us trying to lump all Atheists in the exact same basket. Is it not?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join