It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of orbs and maybe a figure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hey ATS

Been a while since i last posted something or even logged in, i do check ATS daily but never log in, anyway back to this thread.
I went to this paranormal investigation on the Saturday just gone, it was with a local group of investigators at a private residence at a town called alvaston not far from derby, the team was nice but i do belive that some people was fake and putting it on for example "i believe there is three ghosts present" yada yada yada.
Well i took some photos of which seem to be orbs and a figure but i do believe that there is an easy debunk on them either with reflections, dust particles ect.

Your thoughts, thankyou.

P.S all the pictures was taken in pitch black with flash the first 4-5 are taken with a nokia e63 and the last two was took with a canon digital picture.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
the three orbs in the last picture look real. imo.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

I am going to go with dust because it is far easy of an explanation than transdimensional being being caught on camera. Although I do not rule out their existence, that is what I see in these photos.
edit on 19-3-2012 by underduck because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Now looking at the pictures, looks like the first 5 are do to the change of the camera angle and looks like the figure is due to the reflection of the cabinet and the orbs could be from the metal bed frame and pictures with glass.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

IMO, a few artifacts in your photographs are NOT easily explained by conventional backward scattering of flash energy from dust particles. Unfortunately, your data set is too small to reach any definitive conclusions.

The 8th photograph (not linked with this post) shows 3 red dots in the upper left corner. Was this image shot through a window or do you have another explanation for this unusual artifact?

Best regards
Z

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
the 8th picture is an old picture from an old thread and got debunked as a light reflecting of the window, its a shame, so far the pictures are inconclusive

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
reply to post by mtaftm

I am going to go with dust because it is far easy of an explanation than transdimensional being being caught on camera. Although I do not rule out their existence, that is what I see in these photos.
edit on 19-3-2012 by underduck because: typo

I am going to go with transdimensional beings caught on camera. Even though I'm aware of Dust Bunny presence and their trickery with camera lenses, I've never actually seen one (even at a petting zoo) or fed it lettuce. So yeah. Ghosts.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I caught an orb on video a few weekends ago. I met a friends little boy for the first time and decided to film him being cute dancing and plating with the iPod. About 28 seconds into the video it kind of glitches for a second and right after, an orb comes into frame and sort of buzzes his head and is gone. I actually saw it while I was filming. I grabbed my brother and told him I thought I caught and orb. Sure enough. I showed it to everybody there. A few were creeped out, a few thought is was a good thing, a few didn't really care. I lived in this house for over 20 years and can say it is definitely not haunted. I have a feeling it was with this kid.
Here it is

I also have a bunch of pics from a haunted cemetary called Bachelor's Grove in Midlothian, IL.
I will never go back there again so I'm glad we got such good photos. I will post them when I have more time.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Speaking as a freelance photographer who specialized in cycling photography, I want to know what camera you were shooting with. You have to make sure your camera wasn't the reasons for these orbs because your equipment wasn't able to produce the highest standard quality. If these photos were shot with a DSLR, did you remove the lens filter?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well, I've only got a few pics myself (not enough to start my own thread, I think), but why not?
Take a look and see if they look like anything to you guys. The first is just an orb; the second one is my favorite, personally. If you zoom into the background by the toilet paper roll, there's an unusual image. The third one is the same as the second, but zoomed, and I've jumbled the contrast and brightness to get the image more visible; the fourth is the most recent, and the only orb that appeared out of more than forty photos.

And OP, nice pics. Could be more clear, but still worth seeing.

(edit) I was just looking back over the forth pic I posted, and it looks like there is a second orb, albeit fainter, directly beneath the hat and rosary.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Malfeitor because: noticed something

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Just logged back in and noticed that I accidentally mixed up the order of my photos. The second photo is the edited one, the third the original. Sorry about the confusion; I would have edited it, but I took too long to catch it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
(Bump)
I know the pics I took weren't that great, but at least one opinion would've been good. I really don't want to open a separate thread for such simple pics; also, my own posted photos aside, I thought the OP had some pretty nice ones.
Lets stop burying new info, folks; nothing will ever be discovered if nobody is willing to look.
That is said understanding that the OP's photos and my own are probably dust, but I'd still like to know.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hey, I've been patient. My pics are not, by my own admission, worth their own thread; is it so much to ask for one person to actually look at them? Please, folks, don't make a beggar out of a cynic.
All I ask is for a logical an scientific view of the four pics I posted here.,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

I dont think orbs in general are worth a thread.... In fact, 80% of the recent threads on this site are not worth a thread....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I agree; but what if you were to take random pics throughout your house and find orbs? I took eighty four pics, and only what I posted had orbs; will you discount them without first seeing them?

I understand being skeptical, but I do not understand disbelief without proof,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Hi!

You might take a look at my thread here, from where I extracted the following that fully explained how "orb" phenomena work:

Orbs

Like Rods, Orbs are now fully explained and widely admit to be only unfocused dust illuminated by the camera flash.
There is a huge amount of variety of orbs, including colored, moving, partials, etc... I'll not detailed here how each of them are created, however you'll find thorough explanations here with lots of examples here as well.

The "orb zone"

When an object is too close to a lens to be in focus, it looks fuzzy. However, it becomes fuzzy in a quite specific way. It turns into a series of overlapping circular blobs of light called 'circles of confusion'.
These can appear quite sharp (see top photo) but they are actually a representation of a single tiny point (a highlight) on the complete object (which, overall, then looks fuzzy and out of focus).
You can often see this 'orbing' effect in pictures where there is a portion (particularly in the foreground) that is badly out of focus.

Very small objects, like dust particles or small water droplets, produce just a single circle of confusion (or orb). This effect can occur anywhere but is often only noticed when it occurs at somewhere significant, like a haunted house.

Digital cameras have lenses with a much greater depth of field than film cameras. This means that the nearest point to the camera that is in focus is a lot closer. It also brings the 'just out of focus' area ('orb zone') closer as well.
The 'orb zone' is so close that it is intensely illuminated by the flash. The intensity of the flash increases according to an inverse square law with decreasing distance.
Indeed, if the subject of your photograph is at a distance of 5m, a particle of dust at 5cm from the camera receives approximately 10,000 times greater light intensity!
This creates an 'orb zone' in digital cameras where the light intensity is sufficient to illuminate the faint out-of-focus bits of dust, which appear as circles of confusion (or 'orbs').

The graph shows flash illumination diminishing with distance (to right).
O = too out of focus to be visible even with flash
Z = (orb zone) out of focus but visible due to high flash intensity
B = out of focus but invisible because flash not intense enough
F = in focus and visible

In a film camera, all the zones move further out and the 'orb zone' generally vanishes because there is insufficient flash intensity at the increased distance.

As digital cameras get larger CCDs (not just megapixels but physically), their lenses get decreasing depth of field. This means that the problems of orbs and strange mists should gradually vanish. No more spoiled pictures!

Source

Photos credits

edit on 11-6-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malfeitor
reply to post by dayve

I agree; but what if you were to take random pics throughout your house and find orbs? I took eighty four pics, and only what I posted had orbs; will you discount them without first seeing them?

I understand being skeptical, but I do not understand disbelief without proof,

Nah im not discounting them i just think their dumb. They dont do anything special, even if they where "spirits" "ghost" what have you, they are boring, and dont impress me. But thats just my high n mighty opinion

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Ha, I'll admit that freely; orbs just seem to be there, nothing more. I suppose my interest in them is only based on their seemingly pointless appearance.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Probably easy to fake but idk how he did it, so its kinda interesting. Saw this on a thread here

www.youtube.com...

join