It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vedderman
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I don't think anybody - minus a few crazies - believe in those things. My comment was simply pointing out the similarity. Why is there a word for me if I don't believe in God but there isn't a word for me for not believing in Leprechauns? There shouldn't even be words for disbelief in something, it's ludicrous.

my favorite response to this is "God does not believe in atheism therefor atheism doesn't exist"

very christian a comment, but it is pacifism like this that will sit idly static and watch the horrors of the world go by them. Others opt for a more real-time approach at preventing it from happening in the first place.
edit on 26-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

You are contradicting yourself within 3 sentences ...
According to your statement Atheists do have an opinion re the God question. And even the lack of belief must be founded on something.

Maybe you're confusing the term Agnostic Atheist, but as I've said earlier, you can't be half pregnant.
edit on 26-3-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

What?
Where did I say atheists don't have an opinion?
The opinion is they don't believe in the existence of God.

The lack of belief is founded on the lack of evidence to support a claim.
If someone claims an alien landed in their back yard, I am not going to believe it unless there is some solid evidence. Logic 101

And agnostic atheism most certainly works. Comparing it with pregnancy, something physical, is stupid, as agnostic atheism is a philosophy.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
atheist are scared of the bogeyman... at least we know their weakness now.

things may add up if we collect enough data?

Add this to your data:

I hate religious nutjobs like you, who will one day end up killing people believing that they are doing the work of God.

A purely disgusting human being.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Add this to your data:

I hate religious nutjobs like you, who will one day end up killing people believing that they are doing the work of God.

OMG! an atheist hates me... now that is something to be worried about... I will complain to the local moderation.

I love you though
I am only trying to help prevent Americas next act of cannibalization of a helpless victim

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Add this to your data:

OMG! an atheist hates me... now that is something to be worried about... I will complain to the local moderation.

I love you though
I am only trying to help prevent Americas next act of cannibalization of a helpless victim

Stop talking to me weirdo

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

If someone claims an alien landed in their back yard, I am not going to believe it unless there is some solid evidence. Logic 101

Look, the fact that there is a cosmos with conscious life is fundamentally a deep mystery. I find it curious that there is "something", rather than "nothing". Science does a good job describing how matter is organized, but science leaves the "why is there matter" to the philosophers. This is a very elegant omission. Science cannot describe anything at the exact time of the big-bang, or before. We simply don't know.

Now that void of knowledge is replaced with a Creator (by Theists), or the assumption that there is no Creator (by Atheists). Both are just opinion based on assumptions. In other words: both are belief systems.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Look, the fact that there is a cosmos with conscious life is fundamentally a deep mystery. I find it curious that there is "something", rather than "nothing". Science does a good job describing how matter is organized, but science leaves the "why is there matter" to the philosophers. This is a very elegant omission. Science cannot describe anything at the exact time of the big-bang, or before. We simply don't know.

Now that void of knowledge is replaced with a Creator (by Theists), or the assumption that there is no Creator (by Atheists). Both are just opinion based on assumptions. In other words: both are belief systems.

some people want to consume that life energy and make it a part of them so it never leaves.

Atheism has been shown to have this effect on individual who are exposed to it... it is a minority thanks dog and we can hopefully prevent it or educate it about its own problem and possible cannibalistic tendencies.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Add this to your data:

I love you though

ahem... you spoke to me first remember that.

seriously though I believe the insight self revelation I am giving you about you fellow atheist is making you a bit weezy?

boo!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
it makes me wonder if Pol Pot actually had the tendency or urge to eat some of his victims?

there is some strange connection with atheism and cannibalism I am try to figure out now...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It was just a simple Y/N question, but I know it's late.

Also: the "why", the reasoning behind your "lack of belief" is not important at all? You just woke up one day and boom there was the lack of belief?

I'll talk to anyone who is sincere. I don't waste my time with those who are ridiculous.

It is not really a simple Y/N.

I had OBEs and other experience since first memory. At 5 I remember "flying" over my neighborhood and seeing my friends asleep in their beds. Some will say this is just imagination - - but I had never been to their houses or in their bedrooms before - - and I could clearly describe the room - - which later I did see on a playdate.

One time when I was in the "gray place" - - a tall man in a long white robe came to me. He told me I was too young to understand living in 2 worlds - - that I was trying to return to the "spirit" world - - but that I had to stay in the physical world. He grounded me. He let me keep this memory - - but it was a long time before I had another OBE.

How would a 5 year old in the 50s understand this? If they are raised Christian - - they would relate it to God - as I tried to. I did go to Christian church - - but it was a progressive positive thinking church - - so I never had to overcome strict fundamental fire and brimstone. (a true Atheist is not because they are mad at church or god).

As I grew up - - I tried to make these experiences about God. I even considered being a minister. I tried several denominations - both conventional and spiritual New Age type.

After getting on the internet I did a lot of reading and research. I was actually trying to FIND God - - not dismiss God.

As much as I tried to "be with God" - - I could never cross that line. It was never right. And this was a very long journey of trying.

Around age 60 - - I finally accepted I never believed in God. I was just going through the motions - - and trying to be like everyone else.

You could say I was "born this way". I do realize there is something more going on then physical - - but I don't believe it is because of some supernatural being.

****** The GRAY Place. I don't know what it is. But other people have had the same experience. Its called "the void".

The Void: As you feel yourself floating downwards, you can right yourself and "fly" through the void if you want to. The void is a nice place to just sit (or fly) and enjoy the quiet. 4) I had the feeling of floating in a dark space. All I felt was warmth and the most extreme comfort I have ever experienced. 5) I couldn't feel a thing in the world except peace, solitude, comfort, ease- just quietness. A great attitude of relief. I've never felt so relaxed. www.foundationsofmind.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Something caused creation or created a spontaneous reaction that evolved. But it does not need to be a supernatural omnipotent being.

I'd say basically everything is an evolving mutation. And/or in our case - - - manipulated by beings far more evolved and closer to the origin. But probably not that close.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I mean would you let an atheist that raped and killed 300 girls out of prison... ever?

I know I wouldn't!

edit on 26-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Both are just opinion based on assumptions. In other words: both are belief systems.

You keep messing up here repeatedly.

Atheism is the lack of a belief system in a creator. Period.

Nothing you say will change the definition of the word.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Both are just opinion based on assumptions. In other words: both are belief systems.

You keep messing up here repeatedly.

Atheism is the lack of a belief system in a creator. Period.

Nothing you say will change the definition of the word.

atheism mean freedom to eat babies... and commit horrific acts of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Add this to your data:

I love you though

ahem... you spoke to me first remember that.

seriously though I believe the insight self revelation I am giving you about you fellow atheist is making you a bit weezy?

boo!

You have been told by fellow Christians here that you are nuts.

No one in this thread has once agreed with anything you are saying.

No one has ever came to the deluded psychotic conclusions you are coming to.

You have to face it one way or another, something is wrong with your head. I am sure this has been pointed out to you repeatedly throughout your life.
I blame crappy parenting. Not so much your fault.

But what is your fault, is continued willful ignorance, disgusting misconstructions, and hypocritical, psychotic vows to "eradicate atheism."

The perfect word choice for a psycho who thinks he is sent here to do "the lord's work"
This is tantamount to "the voice in my head tells me it is right"

I've heard that line used by multiple serial killers.
Serial killers which just so happen to be more religious, according to FBI profiling.

Deny it all you wish, people like you are the reason the world is the kind of place we live in. Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Nom Nom... you gotta be nutzo to begin to fathom the mind of an atheistic cannibal.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Nom Nom... you gotta be nutzo to begin to fathom the mind of an atheistic cannibal.

lol you're a faggot

peace

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
God fearing individuals usually do not tend to eat people!

if anyone has that case I'd like to see it...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

come on don't break the rules

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

God fearing individuals usually do not tend to eat people!

if anyone has that case I'd like to see it...

Here you go

www.crusades-encyclopedia.com...

You Christians BBQ babies and children!
edit on 3-26-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join