It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know the truth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

All we have is what we know, and from that we can calculate the probability that we are right.

Once we face this reality, it all gets easier.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Oh, well then we're in perfect agreement!

You were making a rhetorical question, and explaining it in the body of your thread.

I see.

As long as we remember that our thoughts and predictions are but toys bound to break or fail us at any time... or simply pictures of truth if you will... then we can play safely.

If we over emphasize our thinking, then we lose balance.

edit on 17-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you really want the truth then don't stop until you realize it.
Peter Brown was seeking the truth and he found it.
youtu.be...
edit on 17-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I think that most people know the truth, it's just that most people don't want to admit the truth.

Now, I agree, each person's perception of what is true depends on life experiences, mindset, belief system, and many other specific variables.

But, the truth is nothing that can be "found", "seen", or "known".

It just IS.

We can never know the absolute truth in these limited human forms. We just can't think that big.

But, we can look and think and use our intuition and those things which resonate within us on our deepest levels are those things that we can "know to be true". And, that's all you can ask for.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Please watch the video i posted in the post above yours, Peter Brown can show you where to look for the truth and it is also 'home'.
It sounds too simple but if you hear what he says, you may taste home.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Itisnowagain, you make me smile. Like this:
. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

You are very welcome. When you taste 'home' it will always be availabe no matter what is happening, you can rely on it (but it can be forgotten, it just takes remembrance), it is the only thing you can rely on and it is yours. You will find you dwell there for longer and longer periods and soon you will see it is not 'yours' but it is you.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I think when you ask a question, you get more response, more discussion of the subject. I simply offer my take to the question.

Yeah, sounds like we are in agreement. We develop our unique perspective of the world, and if we are smart, we continue to make adjustments as we gain more information.

A lot of people are very hostile to the idea that they don't have an absolute grasp on the truth, or that they should ever doubt what they believe.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

popeye spinach cant help u there, u must get back and leave the truth alone

u dont get it right

look let me explain it more simply

truth is what brings all to zero

the inferior level of zero has a function, ensuring that absolute positive result left out of zero is free superiority value
without stating any of that value, just to ensure how nothing confirm positive absolute fact and render it to superiority freedom

the superior level of zero has too a function, ensuring that free superior value is absolute positive source, which is the reason of positive existence too, but superior zero by definition is free absolutely while know how to stay zero bc superior zero, so there is an uppest level where there is nothing too as all is clear, it is a balance for alright in truth
through positive superiority sense always

what is positive is superior to freedom superiority for what it is existing object freedom
what is superior freedom is also inferior to positive freedom for what it is truly more a zero so cant be absolutely then closer to never present

u must better understand when u mean the truth that it is all to existence right facts and sense, it is not smthg u could profit from

the only relation with truth from knowing it, is the truth of ur obligation to respect it, how u could really freely consider it or not

truth existence is what reveal life being from perfect relation between minimum n maximum always

there is no opposite when there is less and most
and when freedom is the exclusive present while always in terms of objective value more

wether from freedom becoming objective value source more
or objective value becoming freely more clear

minus and plus represent those facts in truth, less and most

existence is to what less is superior to most
and what most is inferior to less

these fact give birth to true existence freedom, revealing being the fundamental sense of truth, absolute positive objective life

what is truly inferior freedom value is objectively most positive source
what is truly superior freedom value is objectively most positive in being alive

when inferiority is exclusively the positive source
and superiority is exclusively the positive object

then it confirms existence right forever free in absolute fact completely independant to all and any relative dimensions and realities of it

we can see the truth from comparing an adult and a child in their best terms of objective fact, not their relative freedom facts

the child is always eager to prove his abilities
the adult is always eager to get an objective recognition

but what i mean is that equality in objective existence which reveal the truth free from those facts reason of it

truth is to extreme minimal and extreme maximal

so always through absolutes jumps while zero stay the objective base

that is why objective existence must include always zero right

freedom value revealed being absolutely when the extreme minimal reveal being able to b positive source of all objective
and when extreme maximal reveal being objectively disable to recognize else rights

so freedom value appear in absolute superiority from indirect way, disability of else recognition being due to self freedom recognition

while freedom value in absolute inferiority appeared indirectly, from objective whole recognition while there is no stand at all

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't see the connection between the video and the thread. "seeking for the purpose of seeking???", just a bunch of nonsense to me.

It is like you are just promoting some video.

edit on 17-3-2012 by poet1b because: add ???

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Did you know that zero did not exist in mathematics until around the 7th or 8th century?

Zero is simply a designated origin, and is completely dependent on scale.

There is no such thing as perfection. Perfection is stagnation. It is our imperfection that allows us to evolve.

What is true is a good perspective of the world, and the intelligence to recognize its limitations.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Are you not 'seeking' the truth? The thread title implies that you are. I am sorry that you did see the connection in the video i posted.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I think that most people know the truth, it's just that most people don't want to admit the truth.

And here you are on to it. They would rather preach a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and go on living in denial, than admit the truth.

Most people are into playing the ego game, and are more interested in insisting that they are right than getting to the truth of the matter. This is the worst way people delude themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What is the truth that you speak of?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

yes toto it is amazing how no conscious is willing to let truth exist

who enjoy knowing that realities are freely existing, hold a very precise agenda on the back of their mind watching it

and who do not enjoy objective freedom existing knowledge, are all mad obsessed about their freedom superior lives

but yes freedom existence is independant to even all facts that brought it to b

those facts that keep meaning their dimes, but to who well for them yea to noone and that is the fun of it so to everyone then

it is amazing how we are bargaining about existence rights which concerns such amount of facts life realities and objects so never oneselves while on the contrary the more a self exist the more it cant but mean only him

i dont get how can i witness that

but yes, freedom is the exclusive matter to any conscious or awareness, when also existence is objectively freedom matters values

cynically even nothing lost being free, while what is present always keep vomiting his presence without the least sense of knowing the least even in concept what it it is to b free

it is a nightmare while obviously all what is, in existence and out
how, no idea

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by absolutely

Did you know that zero did not exist in mathematics until around the 7th or 8th century?

Zero is simply a designated origin, and is completely dependent on scale.

There is no such thing as perfection. Perfection is stagnation. It is our imperfection that allows us to evolve.

What is true is a good perspective of the world, and the intelligence to recognize its limitations.

That's a very subjective point of view that begs the long-debated question of whether truth can be absolute. Simply asserting that there is no such thing as perfection is merely a declaration of your (non-religious?) faith. It is the belief in the possibility of perfection that makes us WANT to evolve. Certainly, it is our imperfection that allows us to evolve. But that's just a trite statement of the obvious and does not prove your point in the least. Evolution (as opposed to mere change) would be impossible in principle unless there was a goal of perfection towards which evolution was directed. That's why Darwinians deny that evolution means improvement. For them, it means merely change, because the notion of a divinely-ordered goal of perfection is anathema to them.

If you want to discover the mathematical perfection of the transcendental, you will find it here:
smphillips.8m.com...
But don't expect to encounter and assimilate the perfection of truth (in the Platonic sense) in the few minutes it takes to peruse a website. For THIS truth, you will need to study for hours and hours, as well as to have the intellectual and mathematical skills to recognise the beauty of mathematical perfection in the research presented there. Here is the intersection of religion and hard science - a new revelation of the ancient esoteric tradition that is religious and scientific at the same time (like two sides of the same coin) yet transcends all their cultural/historical limitations and dichotomies by proving their harmony and consistency in a way that has no conventional (i.e., MUNDANE) explanation.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If science is the only way to know what's real and what's not how would you explain dreams? You can't scientifically explain it and recreate it but it's there and you dream every time you sleep.

Just because it's beyond our imagination and comprehension doesn't mean it it's out of existence. You can't see air but yet you breath it, you can't see gravitation yet it exists.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't speak of a truth. This is about how we perceive truth. How we develop our perspective of the world, that then contributes to our collective common sense.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

It is the belief in the possibility of perfection that makes us WANT to evolve.

Not at all, the belief in evolution is the belief that we can continue to be better, that there is no finite end to evolution.

Those who believe in perfection believe in a false ideal that only limits our capabilities. You want to define who and what we should become. You think you have a right to dictate how we should evolve, in your self indulgent concepts of perfection.

The pursuit of perfection is the pursuit of stagnation, it is a mundane pursuit.

You might want to consider God continues to grow, and so continues to evolve as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

If someone asks for the truth I'd say "I am." Solipsism is the only truth.

I'm not solipsist but it is the only thing I can be certain of, that I exist. Everything else is just conjecture and opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join