It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Intervention in Uganda (Kony, Oil, Special Forces, USA, Australia)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
By now, everone has heard of Kony and Uganda, "save the children" etc.

Here is a set off events which have came to light over the past year:

US deploys Special Forces troops to central Africa

US President Barack Obama has deployed roughly 100 special operations troops to central Africa, as part of an offensive targeting the leadership of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA).

Obama added, “The LRA continues to commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security. … Regional military efforts have thus far been unsuccessful in removing LRA leader Joseph Kony or his top commanders from the battlefield.”

www.wsws.org...

Uganda Set To Demarcate Land For Oil Refinery-Report

The demarcation of land proposed for an oil refinery in Uganda is set to start within two weeks, as the East African nation continues efforts to exploit oil resources, Uganda's state media reports Monday

The boundary survey for the proposed site of at least 29 square kilometers in the Lake Albertine Rift

Oil exploration companies have discovered at least 2.5 billion barrels of oil in the Lake Albertine Rift Basin and Uganda is set to start oil production next year. Companies such as France's Total SA (TOT) and China's Cnooc Ltd. (CEO) have expressed interest in investing in the refinery, which is expected to be built under a public-private partnership.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Australian SAS spying on govts in Africa

Australian special forces have been operating in several African countries over the past year gathering intelligence on terrorist activities, a report said yesterday.

Citing a government source, it said the missions by the previously unknown squadron were believed to involve terrorism intelligence gathering amid concerns about the threat posed by the Islamist al-Shebaab militia.
They are also aimed at developing rescue strategies for evacuating trapped Australian civilians while assessing African border controls and exploring landing sites for possible military interventions.

They are operating in Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Kenya

www.gulf-times.com...

Now, the USA is operating in the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and South Sudan, while Australia is operating in Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Kenya. This gives the Allies, control of virtually every area around the premises of Uganda, North, South, East and West. These Special Forces have also been operating for a fair while, gathering intel on enemies, marking out potential military intervention sites and training fighters to fight the LRA, all before the boom of the Kony Video. In my opinion, they have somehting planned, regarding Uganda, and it doesn't look pretty. Uganda is sighted to start oil production next year, and China is interested. the USA may not want China to get their hands on it. What does ATS have to say?
edit on 15-3-2012 by daaskapital because: eta sp

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I say we need to get Kony. It seems like there is an army of willing children and hipsters in the west ready to take up arms against this bad man. I say we drop everyone off wearing a get Kony wristband in Northern Uganda and let them do the job.

I'm sure tough guy Jason Russell with God on his side, will be a fine military leader of his own children's army. especially when it starts to get a bit heavy, fighting a gorilla war in a war torn nation in Africa.

But the kids are enthusiastic, they just need to find Uganda on a map and then they will be ready to GET KONY. Even though Kony's not in Uganda anymore. (minor details)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Kony is bad and dangerous, but i feel that there is more to this situation than meets the eye. Australia and the USA have Uganda surrounded, and it has a huge stockpile of oil waiting to be produced. I think that Kony is the scapegoat, much like WMD's were to Iraq.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Your right. The whole thing stinks. I am interested to know a lot more about Invisible Children as some of it is starting to take on the characteristics of a cult. Jason Russell himself is a Christian on a mission. Also they have their own weird little group called the fourth estate. The conspiracy theorist in us all here at ATS can see some of the NWO symbology used for their Fourth estate project.

It would be great if we here at ATS could uncover a little more about this group. They maybe just your classic do gooder hipsters or driven in some modern Christian missionary ambitions.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

That is one freaky video. And there is something about the Fourth Estate's logo which seems very strange. I can't pinpoint it though.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I have always said that the same thing is happening around Israel. Notice all the staging points in that area and see how over time the issues in the Middle East have systematically staged around Israel without. More than a coincidence too because the USA(and others) have had to find excuses to explain or deny involvement.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

That is one freaky video. And there is something about the Fourth Estate's logo which seems very strange. I can't pinpoint it though.

It's all a bit NWO/Illuminati/Big Brother symbology. Although the pyramid is inverted.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

It definitely had that feeling to it. The video reminded me of a cult, more like Scientology than anything.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just watch all the anti west bashers spill into this thread shortly and defend this lunatic he'll be a hero soon enough

Action needs to be taken for sure this guys is pure evil in every sense of the word, hell he even says as much, he needs a 50 cal through the skull asap, what is happening now is the best way to remove him imo with special forces and aid for the people, they have already suffered enough there, i think special forces is likely all that is needed here there an unorganized bunch of murdering cowards should take much of an effort

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

While i agree, he is evil, Kony is not the main point of this thread. He has been doing this for years. Australia and the USA have now surrounded Uganda, and are operating in the countries. The public is calling for war with Kony, who many believe is still located in Uganda (he is not). The Australian SASR are looking for potential militarfy intervention sites, doesn't that ring a bell that they want to go in? I feel that Kony is the scapegoat for an invasion of Uganda. Remember Uganda has a crap load of oil there, waiting to be produced.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

What about the child soldiers who will be protecting Kony, will the special forces be taking these kids out too. What about the other war lords in the area also using Child soldiers, including the Ugandan government forces. Who's next after Kony?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

All you need say is they discovered 2.5 billion barrels of oil in lake albertine. The rest is self explanatory.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by truetoform

Yes, however, i felt like connecting it more.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

While i agree, he is evil, Kony is not the main point of this thread. He has been doing this for years. Australia and the USA have now surrounded Uganda, and are operating in the countries. The public is calling for war with Kony, who many believe is still located in Uganda (he is not). The Australian SASR are looking for potential militarfy intervention sites, doesn't that ring a bell that they want to go in? I feel that Kony is the scapegoat for an invasion of Uganda. Remember Uganda has a crap load of oil there, waiting to be produced.

There is not "crap loads" of oil in Uganda at all

Uganda imports almost all of its oil 7,000 bbl/d

The reserves found there are miniscule in comparison to other oil producing nations, and most of it is OIL SAND, which is incredibly time consuming and difficult to extract

It all needs developing, the infrastructure its not there at the minute and likely wont be for many years, and wont be until the country is stable enough before it can attract foreign investment, and for company's to come in to mine, drill & develop, it needs loads of work including a decent road system to get it out as well as a 750mile long pipeline,

Heritage in a report to its partners talked of Ugandan reserves of 2.4 billion barrels (380,000,000 m3) worth $7 billion as the "most exciting new play in sub-Saharan Africa in the past decade."[7] However, development will require a 750 miles (1,210 km) pipeline to the coast, which will need $80 oil to justify

For comparison there are around 8.3 billion barrels of oil in the newly discovered Falklands Islands fields of the coast, Venezuela are claimed to be the largest in the world, according to an announcement in early 2011 by President Hugo Chavez and the Venezuelan government. The reported proven reserves reach 297 billion barrels...

Here come the oil grab conspiracy nuts again, right on cue

edit on 15-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Here is a set off events which have came to light over the past year:

US deploys Special Forces troops to central Africa

US President Barack Obama has deployed roughly 100 special operations troops to central Africa, as part of an offensive targeting the leadership of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA).
Obama added, “The LRA continues to commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security. … Regional military efforts have thus far been unsuccessful in removing LRA leader Joseph Kony or his top commanders from the battlefield.”

Let's also not forget that in early 2010 Obama signed into effect S.1067 - Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament & Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009. Sections of note in this short bill are 3-7, which deal with just what the US can do under this bill and of course section 9 which deals with the funding. This is the bill that allowed Obama to send in the 100 special troops that are there now. Also notice that it extends US actions to the Congo and Sudan as well and is not only limited to any operations in Uganda.

Now, when I found this last week and was reading through it 3 things struck me as a bit odd about the wording of this.
1. In sections 3-7 dealing with the actions the US is pledging, they are extremely vague to say the least and leaves the door wide open to just about anything really. As I said above this is the bill that allowed the President to send in the 100 special troops, but because of the loose wording of the bill, it does not define just what they can do there. Notice also that the bill does not specifically say it is for the capture of Kony. Interesting, no?
2. As it pertains to the funding. I don't know about you but a mere $10M a year starting in 2011 and ending in 2013 seems to be a very very small sum. I was exptecting to see double or triple that amount. You cannot tell me that all of a sudden the Feds have become penny pinchers....
3. There is a 3 year time limit for this bill. This 'man' has been operating in the area for 20+ years without being caught and brought to justice. So the US thinks it can get the job done in 3 years? No, but 3 years seems to be a nice tidy time frame for the "special troops" to do some recon in the way of just what the amount of exploitable natural resources the area has to offer.

Just thought I would toss this into the arena for anyone that did not know of this bill's existence. Food for thought......

~MMIMO

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

They have not surrounded Uganda they are also in Uganda. Uganda a US ally. Uganda who has been a main supporter of the US backed Somali Government and has a large number of troops in Somalia figting for US interests. Why would we attack a nation that already does what we ask?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is a no-win situation for the U.S.
I don't care if Kony is the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler, with genetic inclusions from Pol Pot, Joe Stalin, and the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, the U.S. is going to catch (a post-mortem spiritual destination rich in brimstone) no matter what we do. If we intervene, no matter how evil Kony is, there will be a deafening bellow of "IT'S ALL FOR TEH OILZ!!!" with a descant of "AMERICAN IMPERIALISM!!!!". If we do nothing, we'll be castigated for letting the suffering continue while we live a life of luxury.

As much as I'd personally like to see the (participant in sexual relations with his female canine parent) catch a bad case of high-velocity lead poisoning, I'm tired of seeing us pulled into one "damned if we do, damned if we don't" scenario after another.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
WW3 will start over Syria, and soon spread in every direction in a way that no country can protect itself from it..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

They have not surrounded Uganda they are also in Uganda. Uganda a US ally. Uganda who has been a main supporter of the US backed Somali Government and has a large number of troops in Somalia figting for US interests. Why would we attack a nation that already does what we ask?

The allies are still surrounding Uganda, that is fact. China wants to invest in the oil in Uganda, and Uganda has it's own choice. Tell me, why do you think the USA and Australia are operating in and around Uganda? The Kony video has popped up at a damn well perfect time with our Special Forces in there. Half the freaking population of the people who has seen the video are calling for war.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So Australia is operating in former British colonies while the Americans get the rest of the central African nations. Colonialism never ended it just got a facelift and became a game of supporting our puppet governments while financing an ethnic or religious opposition group to ensure the governments will "need" our help.
Africa is the setting for WW3 and it's on a slow burn setting. This is all about access to strategic minerals, not oil. Minerals that without which our high-tech way of life cannot be sustained. The Chinese have made major inroads in Africa over the last years and the US, England and Australia are inserting military and intelligence resources to counter the threat.
China does business differently than the West and will gladly deal with anyone to get what they want, They don't seek regime change and willingly invest in infrastructure in return for trade concessions. The West on the other hand has been involved in Africa for centuries, installing dictators and deposing others.
Our corporations profit from destabilization when done on a limited scale that doesn;t interfere with production. Thus we support dozens of various rebel groups which raid across borders throughout central Africa. Kony was one such asset.
Like Al CIAda the Al Sheba'ab group is a fundamentalist Muslim movement which threatens nearby countries like Kenya and the Central African Republic forcing their governments to turn to the Western powers for military assistance.
I can forsee these countries becoming the centerpiece for UN "humanitarian" intervention under the new mandate of "protecting civilian populations" much as they did in Libya. With the remoteness of many of these regions it is impossible for journalists to verify and document what is actually happening in such places making this a very tempting target indeed.
We're in this far deeper already than most would suspect and it will take months if not years for us to discover the level of Western involvement going on.

ETA- the US armed forces are mentally prepping us for the next mission - check out the new Marines add and listen to the words used "Tyranny, injustice and despair". Also take note of where they are - looks like Africa to me.

You've probably seen the newest Navy commercial "US NAVY - A Global Force for Good".
Humanitarian intervention is the selling point for the next wars to come.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added video

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join