It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish journalist leave Bankers speechless!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I wish you luck on that front.

I just hope you know that if you really did try to fight back you will find yourself standing all alone.

I don't think most people have any fight left in them. They have become too content, too conditioned, too lazy.

I admit that I too have tried to fight the good fight but I am ready to throw in the towel. People are willing to talk a good game but when you try to get them to actually do something about the injustices they always have an excuse. I even may have to quit my job because the others gripe and scream but they always leave me standing alone when the time comes to speak up, so I look like the long trouble maker, the lone malcontent.

I even tried to get them to sign petitions, their first question was, "Do I have to put my real name on it?"

Been their my friend. Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
its not fair that these bankers are doing this...

with all of my power they are removed from this world.

it is so

THANK YOU

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I live in Ireland.
This journalist, While commendable and righteous, Does not represent the majority of Irish people.
Yes, We are all pissed off, Yes, We hate bankers and callously spit their names, But we are a castrated nation. We refuse to make change for ourselves. We seem to be waiting for some Superman to whisk us up and save us from our oppressive Government and big Europe.

No, We Irish people don't want change, We don't want stability, We just want to stand around and complain. Because that's all Irish people do, Complain.

Maybe I'm just bitter, I've always hated Big Europe and Banks. When things were good I despised how people were spending money, I got told to promptly STFU, And now, That the #e has hit the fan, Everyone and their mother's suddenly knew "How it was going to happen all along!" and they know exactly how to fix the crisis and so on and so on. No, To hell with this country, To hell with the people of this country, I am not Irish, I live in Ireland, I was Born in Ireland, But I am not one of these imbeciles, I am not Irish.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I hear you. I have been always too preoccupied with others. I was always told it is noble and good to help your fellow man. I still think this is the case but I just think that our efforts to awaken them go in vain. Even people here on ATS, a conspiracy site, have a hard time getting out of their frame of mind. Some people are just part of the problem and will never change.

I think it is better to just do the best you can for yourself. When good deeds arise take advantage of them and follow through. If people insist on being the animals they are, let them. You can only preserve your good if you protect yourself.

Let them go to their wars, let them live their fantasy material lives. Let them be the dumb asses they want to be. In the end the good will outlast them all, like it has all this time. We are the seeds of the next world once this one is finally destroyed by its own evils. Hold it down but dont forget to survive.

They defend those evils.....ok, let them. You don't have to defend your good. Just live it and let them die out.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Love it. Big thumbs up. Dont piss off a Irishman.I loved watching that banker fill his pants, over and over again.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I agree banks are an evil entity in the world, but most people posting here don't seem to realise that when the banks collapse so does the value/power of the dollar.

So what then is the purpose of storing money in your home/hiding spots since it is just a symbol of the banking system and only exists/holds value when the current banking/financial system is intact?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

he did more than destroy him, he slaughtered him on sight with the first question then rammed him down into the ground when he didn't answer the question truthfully.

The people strike back at the bankers!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The answer to the journalists question is that at the very start of the 'banking crisis' the Irish government agreed to guarantee ALL money invested in Irish banks.

As a result investors Europe wide moved their money into Irish banks to take advantage of this. This was a dirty move on the part of the Irish government as it almost caused major troubles at a number of financial institutions elsewhere in Europe, hundreds of people removing deposits from banks to move to Ireland etc.
The UK government asked them not to but they ignored that request..

Now that it has backfired they are crying, well, you reap what you sow!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Good old Vincent Brown... It should be said that he has a nightly show on Irish television (#vinb on Twitter) and has been saying this for months and months.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

If you know that you also know that, like in many place, the government basically was out-gunned and our flanked by the essentially overwhelmed Irish government. It was given a few hours to decide what to do and was told basically, "do this or face total systemic collapse".

Now, it's Ireland, so there's tons of cronyism (everyone in the entire country grew up a few hours from every"ne else; it's a very small place), but that doesn't necessarily mean the whole decision was corrupt from a governmental pov.

Basically, the bankers, who personally knew the people on power told the people in power, do this now or Ireland will collapse.

And now we all live with the consequences of that decision.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
To those that defending the bankers and blaming the Government lyou have got to be kidding. This is a complete take over orchestrated by the worldwide criminal banking cabal. They lied through their teeth to the Government about the true extent of the disasterous situation they had purposely created and now their banking partners are laughing as they reap the rewards of their crimes.

They now use the people of Irelands own money to rip their country from under them piece by historic piece. I must say that I am surprised that to date the Irish peoples response has been a lot calmer than I would have expected but I think it is because they are still in shock.

Here is an example of from a couple of days ago. The picture below shows a luxury 55 room waterfront hotel in Donegal, Ireland. On the 1st March 2012 it sold at auction to an 'international investor' for just €650,000

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
That was a little thing we call Hot Air followed up by Denial. Not pwnage on any level.

However, all of this could have been averted if people kept their money in *community banks* rather than large national or multinational banks. Keep your money in your socks, in your mattress, in your floorboards - not in banks! If they have it, you don't. Keep that in mind in the future.

Start movements for receiving your pay in cash. Pay your bills in cash. Remove banks from the system. They crept into this position when they realized that it was convenient for us, but bankers are by nature greedy and we have fed that trait in them until we created a horrifying monster. The credit institutions grew out of the awareness of our weakness. *We* must take responsibility and bring these monsters down with our own actions now. Get rid of your bank accounts and get rid of your credit.

Our society must change now. We must be that change.

There is one independent bank remaining in the UK, The Airdrie Savings bank, this has some wealthy Scots benefactors supporting it in order to try and break the strangle hold the City Of London institutions have over us.

Airdrie Savings Bank is delighted to offer you the facility to access your bank accounts, on a secure website, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once you have registered for the service you will be able to:

View statements of your accounts
Transfer funds between accounts
Pay bills online
Set up standing orders

airdriesavingsbank.net...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Earlier this year the bank announced record lending figures.

The move is the first stage of an expansion plan being supported by a group of key Scottish business figures who deposited £10m into the bank in August 2010.

It allows accounts to be opened with a deposit of 5p.

If you can move your money their or to any other independent banks you know of.

edit on 16-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

Not sure what that proves... except people don't REALLY want to go on a luxury holiday to Donegal...

For real though... no matter the cause, and no matter if the greed was orchestrated or just individuals, etc etc., no matter how you look at it... once property takes such a massive nose dive rich people will snap it up... even in Donegal... It's not proof of anything

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There's a blast from the past,this is how they should conduct business unlike the spineless shameful actors we have hear in the U.S.
I will say this journalist will haunt him for the rest of his life,he will never forget him for exposing his yellow bellied gutless behaviour and hopefuly will never get a good nights sleep again.Then again maybe not first you have to have a conscious for that to happen.

as an after thought I'm curious if the bankers really know how much they are hated?if so do they care?

edit on 16-3-2012 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Great video!

This video also explains why most every press conference in America is orchestrated so that they know ahead of time who is going to be asking questions and what those questions are. They don't want Obama having to speak without the teleprompter telling him how to answer each question. They certainly wouldn't want the Comrade in Chief embarrassing himself when confronted with pitbull journalists such as this Irish gentleman and his crazy desire to know the truth.
God can you imagine this gentleman journalist interviewing Obama?ha ha he would rip him a new one!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

S&F kind Sir.

You gotta love this Irish journalist.
I just wish the Southern Irish people are aware and awake as is this journalist. One big scam to rob the Irish Republic.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The Irish should have went the way of Iceland. Same problems from the bank's collapse, but now Iceland's economy is doing very well nearly at pre-recession level's. Ireland looks like it could take 5 to 10 years to dig themselves out of the hole the corrupt poloticians put them in.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mart0
I live in Ireland.
This journalist, While commendable and righteous, Does not represent the majority of Irish people.
Yes, We are all pissed off, Yes, We hate bankers and callously spit their names, But we are a castrated nation. We refuse to make change for ourselves. We seem to be waiting for some Superman to whisk us up and save us from our oppressive Government and big Europe.

No, We Irish people don't want change, We don't want stability, We just want to stand around and complain. Because that's all Irish people do, Complain.

Maybe I'm just bitter, I've always hated Big Europe and Banks. When things were good I despised how people were spending money, I got told to promptly STFU, And now, That the #e has hit the fan, Everyone and their mother's suddenly knew "How it was going to happen all along!" and they know exactly how to fix the crisis and so on and so on. No, To hell with this country, To hell with the people of this country, I am not Irish, I live in Ireland, I was Born in Ireland, But I am not one of these imbeciles, I am not Irish.

Relax there.

Irish people are just like everybody else, they want to live in peace and happiness, and can you blame them?

Most people in Ireland have a very limited view of the situation. Frustration and anger is everywhere, and so is a feeling of helplessness and desperation.

Like most people everywhere the general population is not politically motivated. But more people are becoming so, even though the most prevalent sentiment in Ireland is cynicism, towards our government, towards the European Union, there still is a stoic stance taken by many.

I know that the Irish have a reputation for 'grumbling into their pints of guinness' as the world collapses around them, and in my opinion there are historical reasons for this. But do not write off the people of Eireann, at their hearts the Irish are good people.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

He completely destroyed the banker, he was shaking like a dog poo'in razor blades...

Just wanted to let ya'll see this pOWNAGE

He'll be shaking in his boots when hundreds of taxi-drivers show up at his doorstep demanding an answer or his head.

Gotta love the prude sitting next to him trying to deflect these questions, so they could go on perpetrating their lies.

Time for the elite to fall.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Nice.. well said, and is certainly the feelings of most Irish people..

But I have to say, he asked "why" .. and I'll tell you "why" the Irish have to bailout banks that have no relation to them, to insure European bond holders and international stake sharers .....

You joined the European Union.

And because you joined the European Union you deserve everything that happens to you.

Well, as a Mason, you certainly understand the Law. However, there's that escape clause: no one is required to maintain an unconscionable contract from the point where it is discovered that the contract is unconscionable, or where obfuscatory language hid the unconscionable nature of the contract. Enslaving oneself and one's descendants in perpetuity constitutes an unconscionable contract no matter what real benefit (of which there was none in this case), and I dare say that Nowhere in the agreements that led to Ireland's joining the EU was it made clear that such enslavement was an intentional, designed-in consequence of joining. Any allusion to such possibility was couched in legalese, expressed only by implication, and omitted in addresses to the cattle on the subject of joining the EU by their so-called "elected representatives".

All contracts are buyer beware, yes, but there is no protection for one who uses mischief in his contracts, when the mischief is finally discovered. You know that.
The "powers" have indeed bitten off more than they can chew.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join