It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Miami raided by SWAT teams (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

No I'm pretty sure we do know most of the story, enough for now. You are just assuming something else is missing, and the only way you're gonna find that out is if and when the Miami PD answers the Miami Times questions (who said they will update their article if that ever happens), but for now we have the story and it's a simple one.

blogs.miaminewtimes.com...

More than two dozen cops swarmed Occupy Miami's Overtown safehouse yesterday afternoon after responding to what appears to have been a bogus terrorism tip.

"They said that they had gotten a tip that we had 'long guns' and were going to use them at our protest,"

"They were asking me questions like, 'Are you a Muslim?' and 'Do you love this country?'"

I'm not really sure what information you think is going to be released that paints these "hippies" as criminals, bad guys, or bad Americans. From the looks of it that information doesn't exist so keep on thinking wishfully.

And again, no one was openly carrying any weapon (cept for the police and SWAT) nor are they planning too. In fact, the have no damn weapons so stop obsessing over it.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

What are you talking about? That poster is just providing us with the laws associated with guns in Florida. No one said anything about pulling out there piece in Overtown, right?

stand in the middle of a street Miami and pull out your stun gun. Test it. Go ahead. Pull it out in a convenience store. Test you theory.
When I drive through Miami my nickle Plated Beretta is in view tucked between the shifter console and the seat. That keeps dishonest people in Miami honest. Pull that sucker out and someone will get shot. Thats the law in that town.

My best guess is Hippies wanted to test some waters and they found out quick. You want to make it a violation of their Bill of Rights hammer away.
edit on 14-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

What are you talking about? That poster is just providing us with the laws associated with guns in Florida. No one said anything about pulling out there piece in Overtown, right?

stand in the middle of a street Miami and pull out your stun gun. Test it. Go ahead. Pull it out in a convenience store. Test you theory.
When I drive through Miami my nickle Plated Beretta is in view tucked between the shifter console and the seat. That keeps dishonest people in Miami honest. Pull that sucker out and someone will get shot. Thats the law in that town.

My best guess is Hippies wanted to test some waters and they found out quick. You want to make it a violation of there Bill of Rights hammer away.

Oh for F sakes! Who is even talking about standing in Miami with a weapon? You are, and only you. The question was brought up early in the thread about FL laws on weapons and open carry to which a poster posted said laws. It's over and done with, and the protesters have no weapons but if they did I doubt they're going to open carry in Miami. So drop it already and derailing this thread with this non issue.

And...

My best guess is Hippies wanted to test some waters and they found out quick. You want to make it a violation of there Bill of Rights hammer away

What level is your reading comprehension at? What don't you get about these "hippies" not being armed?! So how in the hell are they testing anyone? They were raided on a bogus tip.

I've said all I needed to say you. For now on, in this thread, I will completely ignore you. You may as well do the same to me. Holy moly.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Do you know when I used OverTown as an example of a place you dont want to take children I had no Idea it really was Overtown?
Swills if it was OverTown and white people are in an apt. complex somebody called the cops to get them out of there for their own safety
edit on Wed Mar 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What part of the Overtown Projects do you not understand.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Actually, after rereading into it to make sure I explained correctly. It appears they were all under arrest as defined by law.

ARREST

To stop; to seize; to deprive one of his liberty by virtue of legal authority.

Definiton Here.

But as to the how... The Patriot Act.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

YouTube video, in case it wasn't already here. Unfortunately, having a camera apparently doesn't presuppose knowing how to use it. Given the presumed agitated state of the operator, the shaking could be forgiven, but I'm not sure how we're supposed to be able to see anything if he doesn't take his thumb off the lens.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Swills

Maybe a tip that they had intent to use, or that said persons were in unlawful possession of said firearms. Either way I think we're missing part of the story here.

Why is it so difficult for you to believe that America is ruled by psychopaths who don't need an excuse, thehoneycomb? Why do you think the cops have to obey any semblance of due process any more? Why do they need probable cause, a warrant, or anything else?

What are the public going to do about it, if the police don't go by the book?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Because he didn't want the cops to know he was recording, he was holding the phone under his leg.

Re the OP: Absolutely disgusting but not shocking, sadly. And of course the regular crew with their justifications. Your precious guns are next, geniuses. Let's see you insult and degrade us then, when we're standing beside you fighting it.

I can't comment more without banning, thanks for sharing OP.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by petrus4

Because he didn't want the cops to know he was recording, he was holding the phone under his leg.

Re the OP: Absolutely disgusting but not shocking, sadly. And of course the regular crew with their justifications. Your precious guns are next, geniuses. Let's see you insult and degrade us then, when we're standing beside you fighting it.

I can't comment more without banning, thanks for sharing OP.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Man u gotta let it hang and forget about the downtime, this is 2 important to hold back from the Brothers ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

reply to post by grey580

Pretty cool, thanks for the info! I figured FL wouldn't allow open carry, most states don't, but who knew I could open carry mace or an unloaded stun gun? My state says its illegal for me to have mace or a stun gun, and I understand why I can't have a stun gun but not mace?

You can carry a loaded stun gun.
openly.
My favorite is the plastic knuckle stun gun. very cool.
look up florida statue 790.25

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

edit on 14-3-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

Pull your pieces out in Overtown an see how long you live. get a grip and a sense of geography. Trust me you wont even stop at a red light.

What in the world are you talking about?

First of all yanking out your gun for no good reason is illegal in florida.
You only use it if your life is in danger.

Secondly do you even know overtowns boundaries?

overtown

I go through overtown on my way to work. Never had an issue.
Miami-Dade county is a dangerous place.
Hialeah can be dangerous. So can Opa Locka and miami gardens.
Even Kendall.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by petrus4

I figured it would probably be something like that.

Disarmament of the American population, however, will not happen without a significant incident; and even then it probably won't. The majority of people who want to hold onto their guns, are also usually the type who aren't dumb enough to fall for one of the government's false flags, as justification for giving them up.

The really concerning thing about all of this, is the incredibly transparent, brainwashed nature of the police. Going around at gunpoint and asking people if they love America, for crying out loud; can jingoism possibly have a more negative or blatant manifestation?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

My best guess is Hippies wanted to test some waters and they found out quick. You want to make it a violation of their Bill of Rights hammer away.
edit on 14-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

I'm just curious. Is it going to take you getting a police bullet in your own head, before you stop resorting to 50 year old stereotypes, in order to justify governmental fascism?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Miami is one of my stomping grounds in my youth. This is not a good hood in the least. And when I consider RT or RT overwriting a Youtube Video ...who knows maybe its more fake news.

what would be the point in a fake video like this, to make themselves look bad ... no if it was fake the cops would be glorified

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
They were going to plant incriminating evidence so they could bust up these "terrorists". But because police forces routinely refuse to hire people with high IQ's...no one remembered to bring the incriminating evidence.

Sorry I had little to add..just tired of succumbing daily to this police state we call the USA.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I know you guys want sympathy for OWS but if you're going to report the story don't intentionally leave things out. OWS'ers were openly posting on FB and Twitter that they'd been "highjacked" by radical members before (and after) this event. 

But recent postings suggest a rift between those living at the apartment building and other Occupy Miami members, and the last Twitter update from a main Occupy Miami account says it has been "hijacked by a small, non-consensus group of radical members."

Another member posted on Twitter that the Facebook page, too, was "unilaterally taken over by a rogue element in the group following an attack by police in riot gear."

(from OP's link)

The trouble makers who always show up to OWS were there, which obviously attracted the attention of police and agents. Why would they not take these tips about guns seriously after this group has already destroyed property, pushed old ladies down stairs, rapes, robberies, assaulting police, etc. 

Guilt by association. When you attract the scum of the earth and associate with them you can expect some company from the law too.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

But recent postings suggest a rift between those living at the apartment building and other Occupy Miami members, and the last Twitter update from a main Occupy Miami account says it has been "hijacked by a small, non-consensus group of radical members."

Another member posted on Twitter that the Facebook page, too, was "unilaterally taken over by a rogue element in the group following an attack by police in riot gear."

(from OP's link)

The trouble makers who always show up to OWS were there, which obviously attracted the attention of police and agents. Why would they not take these tips about guns seriously after this group has already destroyed property, pushed old ladies down stairs, rapes, robberies, assaulting police, etc. 

Guilt by association. When you attract the scum of the earth and associate with them you can expect some company from the law too.

Seabag, I appreciate your inclusion of additional information here, which we may not have otherwise known about, and which could explain the motivation behind whoever tipped off the police. However, I would ask you to cease trolling, as well as emphasising the lies that various city officials have used as pretext for operations against Occupy in the past.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Swills

As stated, that is not probable cause enough. There is obviously more to this story then what is told.

Rifles as part of a Political Demonstration will bring Jonny Law right down on you. Get real.

Unless you are a tea party protester. Then an AR-15 carbine slung over the shoulder is just fine.
/boggle

edit on 3/15/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by seabag

(from OP's link)

Seabag, I appreciate your inclusion of additional information here, which we may not have otherwise known about, and which could explain the motivation behind whoever tipped off the police. However, I would ask you to cease trolling, as well as emphasising the lies that various city officials have used as pretext for operations against Occupy in the past.

How is adding information from the OP's source that was previously overlooked trolling?

Is this thread only open to OWS supporters who want to talk bad about the cops and pat each other on the back? I kept reading this thing was unjustified and I found evidence that it may have been. Did that ruin the storyline for you?? 

D.I.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
[
Disarmament of the American population, however, will not happen without a significant incident; and even then it probably won't. The majority of people who want to hold onto their guns, are also usually the type who aren't dumb enough to fall for one of the government's false flags, as justification for giving them up.

I hear this a lot and actually I hope you are right BUT my experience is that the American People have proven they will roll over for almost everything if presented in the right way. Illegal wars for a decade? No problem? Escallatiion under a president elected specifcally to end the war? Why not? Patriot Act? Sure, have you even read it? The people who signed it didnt. 2008 bailouts? Who cares?

The American people seem to be pretty good at putting up with stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join