It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Messages in ABBA "Gold"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Sounds like the OP is paying for his nights at studio 54.

This is absurd. ABBA now?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Rock music will always be dissected by people that think they KNOW what the REAL meaning of the words are when sometimes the songwriter just used some phrases because it rhymed. A case in point was Don McLean's in an interview he said his song 'American Pie' was picked apart so much people has told him "that's not what you meant!"when he told them why he used certain verses!! LOL!!
I'm not sure how many of you know of a great Christian Rock group named PETRA, I know Bob Hartman that started the group and he said most of the attacks that their music was satanic came from so-called Christians and churches (he said some pseudo Christian's think if it's Rock and Roll it MUST have a Satanic message! They were accused of having Satanic messages recorded in reverse (back masked).
I got a kick out of one of the songs he wrote the group purposely had a back-masking track that said "Instead of looking for Satan, why don't you look for the Lord!" That was great!
edit on 14-3-2012 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Agreed. My ex owned a recording studio and writes songs (successfully). His lyrics are deliberately vague so people can relate their own experiences to them....sometimes words are of course used because they rhyme....or because of the number of syllables to allow the words to fit the music.

The mindset of the lyricist - not dark - just musical

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I think there are some definitely unusual topics in these songs. I've been one to take note of song lyrics for years, so I'm with you on this one. One in particular that has stumped me for a while is Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill...

Climbing up on Solsbury Hill
I could see the city light
Wind was blowing, time stood still
Eagle flew out of the night
He was something to observe
Came in close, I heard a voice
Standing stretching every nerve
Had to listen had no choice
I did not believe the information
(I) just had to trust imagination
My heart going boom boom boom
"Son," he said "Grab your things,
I've come to take you home."

To keep in silence I resigned
My friends would think I was a nut
Turning water into wine
Open doors would soon be shut
So I went from day to day
Tho' my life was in a rut
"Till I thought of what I'd say
Which connection I should cut
I was feeling part of the scenery
I walked right out of the machinery
"Hey" he said "Grab your things
I've come to take you home."
(Back home.)

When illusion spin her net
I'm never where I want to be
And liberty she pirouette
When I think that I am free
Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes but still can see
No one taught them etiquette
I will show another me
Today I don't need a replacement
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant
"Hey" I said "You can keep my things,
they've come to take me home."

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Didn't you ever just think that people writing these songs are trying to be thought provoking and are targeting archetypes. Lyrics are, after all, simply a form of poetry. Here's one to get you thinking...

I feel for soul and need the spirit.
We are united!
And yet with our success
it is only futility that dawns.
Discovering duplicitous diplomats
hiding our heaven and negating nirvana.
Concepts of no consequence
to a slaked and sated spirit.
Now...
Breathe
Home...
Breathe
Whole...
Breathe

and sleep...
an easy sleep

In that satisfied slumber
long lost memory kindles.
We are consciousness
Together -
discerning synchronised formulae
not comfortable coincidence

Yet...
Just one psyche
holds infinite experience
in it's grasp -
each mortal soul
equipoised
by another's conscience -
Empathise?
Telepathise?
Easy!
Merely focused fantasy.

Rippling...
awareness of ability
halts Chaos rule.
Omnipotence of Sophia -
The First Cause -
manifest in all.
We were so long distracted
by those who never forgot.
They are deceivers
coveting our birthright.
Now...
We remember
Now...
We realise
Now...
We are awake!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by 1nOne

Sounds like the OP is paying for his nights at studio 54.

This is absurd. ABBA now?

Do you think I speak of things in a literal sense?
You are slaves to your senses!

The fabric of this reality has been stripped away right before your eyes and yet you still do not perceive its unveiling. I speak of the interconnectedness of all things; of the guidance of an omnipresent Divine Intelligence; of the merciful agent of deliverance brought forth into the eternal now!

Constantly regard the universe as one living being, having one substance and one soul; and observe how all things have reference to one perception, the perception of this one living being; and how all things act with one movement; and how all things are the cooperating causes of all things that exist; observe too the continuous spinning of the thread and the structure of the web.
—Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, iv. 40.

This LOGOS holds always but humans always prove unable to understand it, both before hearing it and when they have first heard it. For though all things come to be in accordance with this LOGOS, humans are like the inexperienced when they experience such words and deeds...other people fail to notice what they do when awake, just as they forget what they do while asleep. Heraclitus

Philo bases his hermeneutics on the assumption of a twofold meaning in the Bible, the literal and the allegorical. He distinguishes the ῥητὴ καὶ φανερὰ ἀπόδοσις,[13] "ad litteram" in contrast to "allegorice".[14]
The two interpretations, however, are not of equal importance: the literal sense is adapted to human needs; but the allegorical sense is the real one, which only the initiated comprehend. Philo analyzed the usage of numbers of the Bible, and believed that certain numbers symbolized different ideas. Ten is the number of perfection ("De Plantatione Noë," § 29 [i.347]). Wikipedia

The Salvation Army did not include the use of sacraments (mainly baptism and Holy Communion) in the Army's form of worship, believing that many Christians had come to rely on the outward signs of spiritual grace.
Wikipedia

One Word, One Message, One Reality. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

From the writings of the Bible, to the philosophers of Greece and Rome, and, yes, even to contemporary pop groups (ABBA) and to modern cinematic productions:

My name is Maximus (the Greatest) Decimus (Tenth, Perfection, X, the Cross) Meridius (Highest Risen Sun/Son), commander of the Armies of the North (Army of Salvation), General of the Felix (Blessed) Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor (True God), Marcus Aurelius (Golden One). Father to a murdered son (Crucifixion), husband to a murdered wife (Biblical Bridegroom Metaphor). And I will have my vengeance (Judgement), in this life or the next.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-3-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.
I got love in my tummy,
And I feel like a-lovin you:
Love, you're such a sweet thing,
Good enough to eat thing
And that's just a-what I'm gonna do.
Ooh love, to hold ya,
Ooh love, to kiss ya,
Ooh love, I love it so.
Ooh love, you're sweeter,
Sweeter than sugar.
Ooh love, I wont let you go.

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy,
I got love in my tummy,
And as silly as it may seem;
The lovin' that you re giving,
is what keeps me livin'
And your love is like
Peaches and cream.
Kind-a like sugar,
Kind-a like spices,
Kind-a like, like what you do.
Kind-a sounds funny.
But love,honey
Honey. I love you.

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy,
I. got love in my tummy,
That your love can satisfy;
Love, you're such a sweet thing,
Good enough to eat thing
And sweet thing, that ain't no lie.
I love to hold ya,
Oh love, to kiss ya,
Ooh love, I love it so.
Ooh love, you're sweeter,
Sweeter than sugar.
Ooh love, I wont let you go.

Guess what he is singing about?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There's dark sublimimal messages encoded into a lot of songs that we won't recognize, but have a listen to the Seseme street theme song backwards. Skip to 0:52
Now there's some dark messages.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Ach - so you've hit the whole 'one love synchronicity' phase in your life. You're starting to grow up and notice - that's all.

Now, when you're done being in awe of other peoples' insights and finally realising you kinda know what they mean - you will stop attempting to present yourself as some kind of all knowing sage. You'll be soooo embarrassed when you realise most of the planet got there long before you and that humility is a quality to be valued.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

lol.....you're kidding right?

The only dark messages here are in the imagination of the person who authored the subtitles.
edit on 15-3-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It sounds freaky enough to me! Especially watching to the Tickle Me Elmo Doll holding a knife lol! www.youtube.com... WTF

edit on 15-3-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yeah......but what about 'sniff ya vet'. Who are sesame street trying to control - my moggie? uuurgh

It;s amazing when ppl like the op begin seeing connections and hidden meanings in stuff. When you get into that mindset you see it everywhere but we are restricted to an alphabet of just 21 consonants and 5 vowels. Of course there will be connective patterns. Even more so if we start getting numerical - there's only 10 digits. 6's and 7's all over the place.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Christina,

Your name does not mean, "Christian". It means, "Follower of Christ".
Christ is the Living Word of God.
You were encouraged to follow the Word to find yourself.

You do understand the meaning of Windows; portals; domains; avatars; icons; etc...?
You must be aware, then, that a number of the contacts you are communicating with online are non-human entities.
edit on 15-3-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Yeah - and what does christian mean? Follower of christ - no? Pedantic I know - but it's your game.

I have investigated christianity - # - i work 2 days a week in an Abbey showing people like you around and giving them it's history....but christianity itself has nothing to offer me. The OT is evil in print and the NT is little more than a biography of a person who lived long ago, in a far off land, with an alien culture, and such radically different geography and climate to where I find myself in this world - it bears no relation to my life.

I believe in god - but not the god presented to us by the abrahamic faiths. God's a lover not a hater.

Now as for the rest of your bald assertions - prove them.
edit on 15-3-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Yeah......but what about 'sniff ya vet'. Who are sesame street trying to control - my moggie? uuurgh

It;s amazing when ppl like the op begin seeing connections and hidden meanings in stuff. When you get into that mindset you see it everywhere but we are restricted to an alphabet of just 21 consonants and 5 vowels. Of course there will be connective patterns. Even more so if we start getting numerical - there's only 10 digits. 6's and 7's all over the place.

Controlling the minds of our growing youths. As you get older you'll start to see the things that children don't see. www.youtube.com...

Or telling the little ones to believe that there is a Santa Clause, or Tooth Fairy. I believed that there was a Santa Clause and Tooth Fairy until about when I was 12. Then my parents are like oh no they're real! So full of bullock, makes my trousers reek.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

LOL....come on Disney still put in the jokes for the parents. They've been doing it since the days of 'watch with mother'. How about magic roundabout and the speeding zebedee...or the stoned dylan. All quite deliberate and a shared joke between the growed ups.

'Ermintrude's been at the poppies again, but it's Dougal who ends up high as a kite!'

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Mark Zuckerberg confesses to killing goat
postcards.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...

Wikipedia: Animal sacrifice is the ritual killing of an animal as part of a religion. It is practised by many religions as a means of appeasing a god or gods or changing the course of nature. Animal sacrifice has turned up in almost all cultures, from the Hebrews to the Greeks and Romans, Israelites, Christianity, Islam, Judaism and from the Aztecs.
Many Jewish sources discuss the deeper meaning behind korbanot. Sefer Hachinuch explains that an individual bringing an animal sacrifice for a sin understands that he personally should have been sacrificed as punishment for the rebellion against God inherent his the sin, but God mercifully accepts the sacrifice in his or her place.

Seal of Solomon revealed inside Zuckerberg's jacket
www.youtube.com...

Wiki: In Medieval Jewish, Christian and Islamic legends, the Seal of Solomon was a magical signet ring said to have been possessed by King Solomon, which variously gave him the power to command demons, genies (or jinni), or to speak with animals.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

What's Marky boy got to do with this? So you've worked out the concept of the scapegoat - or rather Wikipedia worked it out for you - well done you.

Those who celebrate Eid still start their celebrations with a goat sacrifice....so?

Just another example of the evil contained in the OT - god says 'prove your love - kill your son'. If Abraham were to pull his stunt in this day and age (whether he killed his son or not) he'd be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of his natural life and his son would be taken into the care of the state.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Wikipedia:

ASHKENAZI

The word Ashkenaz first appears in the genealogy in the Tanakh (Genesis 10) as a son of Gomer and grandson of Japheth. It is thought that the name originally applied to the Scythians (Ishkuz), who were called Ashkuza in Assyrian inscriptions, and lake Ascanius and the region Ascania in Anatolia derive their names from this group.

Ashkenaz in later Hebrew tradition became identified with the peoples of Germany, and in particular to the area along the Rhine.

Ashkenaz and the Ashkenazi contrast to the land of Knaan, a geo-ethnological term denoting the Jewish populations living east of the Elbe river as opposed to the Ashkenazi Jews living to the West of it, and the Sephardic Jews of Iberian Peninsula.[24]

In the literature of the 13th century, references to the land and the language of Ashkenaz often occur. Examples include Solomon ben Aderet's Responsa (vol. i., No. 395); the Responsa of Asher ben Jehiel (pp. 4, 6); his Halakot (Berakot i. 12, ed. Wilna, p. 10); the work of his son Jacob ben Asher, Tur Orach Chayim (chapter 59); the Responsa of Isaac ben Sheshet (numbers 193, 268, 270).

ASHER: Ashur (also Assur, Aššur; written A-šur, also Aš-šùr,ܐܫܘܪ in Neo-Assyrian often shortened to Aš) is the head of the Assyrian pantheon. As the deified city Assur (pronounced Ashur), which dates from the 3rd millennium BC and was the capital of the Old Assyrian kingdom.[1] As such, Ashur did not originally have a family, but as the cult came under southern Mesopotamian influence he came to be regarded as the Assyiran equivalent of Enlil, the chief god of Nippur and one of the most important gods of the southern pantheon, and in time Ashur absorbed Enlil's wife Ninlil (as the Assyrian goddess Mullisu).

ENLIL: Enlil (nlin), 𒂗𒇸 (EN = Lord + LÍL = Storm, "Lord (of the) Storm")[1] was the name of a chief deity listed and written about in Sumerian religion, and later in Akkadian, Hittite, Canaanite and other Mesopotamian clay and stone tablets. The name is perhaps pronounced and sometimes rendered in translations as Ellil in later Akkadian, Hittite, and Canaanite literature. In later Akkadian, Enlil is the son of Anshar and Kishar. Enlil was considered to be the god of breath, wind, loft and breadth (height and distance).[2]
The myth of Enlil and Ninlil discusses when Enlil was a young god, he was banished from Dilmun, home of the gods, to Kur, the underworld for raping a goddess named Ninlil. Ninlil followed him to the underworld where she bore his first child, Nergal, and/or the moon god Sin (Sumerian Nanna/Suen).
According to the Sumerians, Enlil helped create the humans, but then got tired of their noise and tried to kill them by sending a flood. A mortal known as Utnapishtim survived the flood through the help of another god, Ea, and he was made immortal by Enlil after Enlil's initial fury.

NAZI:
Nazi is a god in Sumerian mythology, one of the eight deities born to relieve the illness of Enki. While he was born from a god Nazi was believed to be a man.[1] He was the consort of the goddess Nindar.

The full title of Adolf Hitler's party was Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei. The term nazi was in use long before the rise of the party as a shortened version of Ignatius, a common name in Bavaria—the area from which the Nazis emerged.

IGNATIUS: Ignatius is a male given name of presumed Latin or Etruscan origin, believed to mean "fiery one" (compare the word "ignite").

SATAN:
Shaitan (شيطان) is the equivalent of Satan in Islam. While Shaitan (شيطان, from the root šṭn شطن) is an adjective (meaning "astray" or "distant", sometimes translated as "devil") that can be applied to both man ("al-ins", الإنس) and Jinn, Iblis (Arabic pronunciation: [ˈibliːs]) is the personal name of the Devil who is mentioned in the Qur'anic account of Genesis.[28] When Allah commanded all of the angels to bow down before Adam (the first Human), Iblis, full of hubris and jealousy, refused to obey God's command (he could do so because he had free will), seeing Adam as being inferior in creation due to his being created from clay as compared to him (created of fire).[29]

It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis (Lucifer); He refused to be of those who prostrate."
(Allah) said: "What prevented thee from prostrating when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay.
Qur'an 7:11–12

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

SATAN: In mainstream Christianity the Devil is known as Satan and sometimes as Lucifer, although it has been noted that the reference in Isaiah 14:12 to Lucifer, or the Son of the Morning, is a reference to the Babylonian king.[16] Some modern Christians consider the Devil to be an angel who, along with one-third of the angelic host (the demons) rebelled against God and has consequently been condemned to the Lake of Fire.

In the Qur'an, the holy book of Islam, there are literal descriptions of the condemned in a fiery Hell

Yahweh (YHWH) Old Testament god of the Jews:

Clearly, the writers of the Bible employed the use of fire in many different ways. However, when it came to the spiritual use of fire, they usually attributed fire to God. Yahweh manifested Himself in various forms of fire on many different occasions. We find some of these manifestations in the making of the Covenant with Abraham (Gen. 15:17), the burning bush (Exo. 3:2-4), pillar of fire (Exo. 13:21), on Sinai (Exo.19:18), in the flame on the altar (Judg. 13:20), and Yahweh answering by fire (1 Kings 18:24, 38). www.tentmaker.org...

Satan as the Power of the Air:

"in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience." Ephesians 2:2
Air (oxygen) is often seen as a universal power or pure substance. Derived from the Latin spirare, spirit.
Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products.[1]
Satan as the Dragon:

English word "dragon" derives from Greek δράκων (drákōn), "dragon, serpent of huge size, water-snake", which probably comes from the verb δρακεῖν (drakeîn) "to see clearly".[1] In the New Testament, the Devil takes the form of a red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, in his battle against Archangel Michael. Some dragons are said to breathe fire or to be poisonous, such as in the Old English poem Beowulf.[2] Dragons are usually shown in modern times with a body like a huge lizard, or a snake with two pairs of lizard-type legs, and able to emit fire from their mouths. The European dragon has bat-type wings growing from its back (taking flight in the air).
Dragons are usually thought to have wings and breathe fire. They also are said to have scales and claws. Some also have horns. Dragons appear most in fairy tales and myths. In most cases the dragon is the keeper of some treasure, either gold and precious jewels. www.draconika.com...

Ashkenazi surnames:

Goldman, Silver, Diamond, Drachman ("man of the Dragon"), Rothstein ("ruby"), Geltman ("man of money"), Steur ('tax collector"), Margolis ("pearl"), Lehman ("money lender") Goveh ('treasurer"), Packer ('peddler"), Silverberg ("mountain of silver"), Adelstein ("expensive stone"), Mashbitz ("jewel setter"), Bernstein ("amber"), Bogatch ("wealthy"), Cassirer ("cash"), Finkelstein ("diamond dealer"), Garfunkel ("diamond dealer"), Adi ("jewel"), Taksen ("tax levier"), Golda/Goldie (fem. "gold"), Isidore ("gift of Isis"), Keren ('horn"), Margalit ('pearl"), Perle ("pearl"), Sapir ("sapphire"), Wolf, Zeev ("wolf"), Raz ("secret"), Zlota ("golden")...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join