It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new philosophy about existence.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Thoughts are form. Form is what is known. What 'knows' form has no form.
Experience is all there is.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Awareness is never absent but believing thought/mind is you, the point is missed. If the thought is heard then the thought is form so it can not be you. You are the hearer of thought, the seer and knower of all form.
You are awareness and awareness knows form.
Awareness/being - the all seeing, all knowing presence.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The purpose of meditation is to find peace and stillness so you can have a real rest. The peace/stillness beneath the noise of thought is what you are. You find in meditation that you are nothing, you are empty of form when the thoughts stop. You are the quiet that contains the mind, you are like a blank canvas on which the world of form is painted.

The Quiet that contains the Mind:
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The purpose of meditation is to find peace and stillness so you can have a real rest. The peace/stillness beneath the noise of thought is what you are. You find in meditation that you are nothing, you are empty of form when the thoughts stop. You are the quiet that contains the mind, you are like a blank canvas on which the world of form is painted.

The Quiet that contains the Mind:
youtu.be...

I'm not nothing. There is no such thing as nothing. If I was nothing, I wouldn't be I. But, I agree that I am the peace/stillness beneath the noise of thought. But I attribute that to energy. Consciousness is all that is not anything that isn't. In its purest form, it is light.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

There are 'things' which are 'known' (image or form).
Then there is something which has no form and no image so it is not a 'thing' - no thing. You are no thing. You are the 'knower' of 'things'.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There are 'things' which are 'known' called image or form.
Then there is something which has no form and no image so it is not a 'thing' - no thing. You are no thing. You are the 'knower' of 'things'.

Consciousness is internal. All is consciousness, but not all is internal. Except it really is, but just not internal to you, the separate-minded individual. At the furthest reaches of the universe, where there is no external, light is revealing the universe at 300,000 km/s to the emptiness of space beyond. Consciousness is that which reveals. There is nothing outside of consciousness but consciousness is not nothing. Consciousness is definitely something, otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about it.

Light is that which reveals. Consciousness is too.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Consciousness is all there is. But it is NOT a thing. It can not be named or grasped but you keep talking about it because you like giving it different names. You like to split it into more than one and juggle with it.

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Consciousness is all there is. But it is NOT a thing. It can not be named or grasped but you keep talking about it because you like giving it different names. You like to split it into more than one and juggle with it.

It is not a thing relative to anything else. The only reason it can't be defined is that it is constantly re-defining what it is. It is the absolute. It defines itself. It knows what it is, but only it can know what it is.

edit on 13-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There is nothing else. It is just all consciousness, so it can not be relative to anything else.
Consciousness does not change, it is timeless.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form:
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

There is nothing else. It is just all consciousness, so it can not be relative to anything else.

Light is timeless.

You are just consciousness, but you exist relatively to others. Ants are small to you, but to themselves they are normal. Consciousness has many forms and all the forms make up what consciousness is, but all the forms are most ultimately one form. That form is energy.

Consciousness itself doesn't change but the relative forms within do grow (change). But they only grow towards a higher realization of consciousness; a higher realization of light; a higher actuation of their true self. Do you think it is coincidence that people see light when they die; at a time of cessation of the brain's activity? Death is like meditation on steroids.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form:
youtu.be...

There are varying degrees of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You are right about everything being a particle of energy... even the air we perceive to be breathing is nothing but energy. If everything is energy.. and our brains are just a complex bio-super computer... would it not be fair to assume that we are all just part of a simulation?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

'This', 'Now', 'Presence', 'Being', is all there is. There is no other.
The true self is not something that isn't there yet, it is present always, it is just the mind dreaming stories that distract and seem more interesting until the stillness is realized as It, as the seer and knower. Within It and as It. Consciousness/this/now/I/presence/being/god.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

god do not exist, one by definition never exist, only objective freedom exist, so by definition it must b more then one freedom to b objective first and last as real or noone at all, so nothing freedom being true

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Some times this whole idea of "true self", "Self", "consciousness", "awareness"... confuses people into trying to identify with the un-identifiable, it causes them to try to condition the unconditional. This is why the Buddha refused all talk of self, including consciousness and the Brahmins idea of a universal "Self".

Here are two articles that expound the Buddha's teaching on anatta (no-self):

www.bps.lk...

“Any kind of consciousness whatever, whether past, future or presently arisen, whether gross or subtle, whether in oneself or external, whether inferior or superior, whether far or near must, with right understanding how it is, be regarded thus: ’This is not mine, this is not I, this is not my self.’

www.accesstoinsight.org...

So, instead of answering "no" to the question of whether or not there is a self — interconnected or separate, eternal or not — the Buddha felt that the question was misguided to begin with. Why? No matter how you define the line between "self" and "other," the notion of self involves an element of self-identification and clinging, and thus suffering and stress. This holds as much for an interconnected self, which recognizes no "other," as it does for a separate self. If one identifies with all of nature, one is pained by every felled tree. It also holds for an entirely "other" universe, in which the sense of alienation and futility would become so debilitating as to make the quest for happiness — one's own or that of others — impossible. For these reasons, the Buddha advised paying no attention to such questions as "Do I exist?" or "Don't I exist?" for however you answer them, they lead to suffering and stress.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

they love to repeat true self as a treasure they can abuse, wohoo true self exist we r gonna b living for long time since superior sources are gonna justify existence being positive for the true self, lets b sure first that he doesnt get any so we would assure our pervert ways of getting for granted more, wat a lovely game

they play with non comparable iq, they wont get any and there is no true self while freedom rights so nothing that can b seen are getting it all

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Petrol
You are right about everything being a particle of energy... even the air we perceive to be breathing is nothing but energy. If everything is energy.. and our brains are just a complex bio-super computer... would it not be fair to assume that we are all just part of a simulation?

I think that is one appropriate way of looking at it. And it is our simulation.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

god do not exist, one by definition never exist, only objective freedom exist, so by definition it must b more then one freedom to b objective first and last as real or noone at all, so nothing freedom being true

All is consciousness so all is within.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

'This', 'Now', 'Presence', 'Being', is all there is. There is no other.

Consciousness presents itself in trillions of forms.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

they love to repeat true self as a treasure they can abuse, wohoo true self exist we r gonna b living for long time since superior sources are gonna justify existence being positive for the true self, lets b sure first that he doesnt get any so we would assure our pervert ways of getting for granted more, wat a lovely game

they play with non comparable iq, they wont get any and there is no true self while freedom rights so nothing that can b seen are getting it all

Our true self is one. There is no superiority in the one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join