It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Tuesday 2012: Information and Results Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Gingrich is using the idea of spreading the word via social networks... Newt = $2.50 gasoline.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

If you're on the conspiracy side, it's because they keep giving the votes to Romney.

If you're on the general side, it's because it only appears that Ron Paul has massive support due to how loud and dedicated they are.

After seeing the evidence of voter fraud in some of the contests already held this year, I do think there might be some oddities going on, but I also know that the general public really doesn't care all that much about politics and would rather be watching American Idol and Jersey Shore. Ron Paul fans may be dedicated, but don't underestimate the dedication of 50+ year olds who feel as if it is their patriotic duty to vote for the winner instead of who is right.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Santorum projected to win Oklahoma.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by nofear39
www.cnn.com...

rp only wins in the 18-29 catagory .......
cnn bs

That's the only age category he ever wins.

Why do you think this is BS???

because that makes 18-29 year olds the only category thats has any brains ....which doesnt say much good for you yanks

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How are they not upsetting? Like I clearly stated, it's about what is planted in people's minds. This "business decision" crap you speak of is what is wrong. The media needs to report in a way that doesn't give an advantage to any ideal, policy, agenda, being, or other. It is the media's job to report facts, not what they think. If they were so proud, CNN, about their opinion, would they not be more open to telling people that? The part where it says projected delegates is in tiny tiny letters in the bottom left of the screen, practically illegible.

This is not a question about what could happen, it is a question about what does happen. The media plays such a large role in helping a candidate. There is proof in this in so many ways. I know that if I speak about the injustices to Ron Paul you will not listen, instead I will talk about Obama.

When Fox (or really any media source) talks about Obama and his birth record, what happens? What about his position on Super Pacs? What about his expensive trips to places, and his "Muslim" background. What about his white grandma he made racist comments on?

I could go on and on about the things the media talks about, and are they fair? Not a chance! Talk about the issues people! Give people a fair chance!

So now you might rebuttal this by saying that Obama gets crap for dumb and trivial issues but still made candidate with a popular vote, whereas Ron Paul is not winning regardless. IF you were to make this point, it would be null--why? Because OBAMA STILL GETS COVERAGE!!! They do very often talk about stuff that doesn't matter, but also very often talk about stuff that does with him, and think of all the votes that earned him.

The media ruins these elections, on top of the people who won't vote, on top of the people that vote for poor reasons, on top of the rigging. IMO the media does the most damage.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I guess....I'm on the general conspiracy side. lol
Today has been so weird. Reality is quite slippery today for me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here's another major problem with using exit polls as a means of projecting a winner:

Are there people at every voting station, in every precinct, in every county, in every state today working to collect the exit poll data? The answer is no.

Most times when I see totals for exit polls, they are a sample of maybe 1% of the final vote count, if that. Using these numbers, extrapolating them into something so apparently credible to use to factor into the final tally, is totally absurd and mathematically ridiculous.

As in every primary/caucus, they know the results ahead of time. Stinks.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
WTF is Santorum talking about? His speech is going to be hilarious...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, Santorum is winning in North Dakota somehow, even tho on CNN they were saying Paul was winning by a landslide in Fargo. Somehow Romney had his usual and mysterious "surge" as well and is currently in 2nd place there.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yeah I am just critiquing their speeches now. So far not impressed Santorums was horrible, and I hate how Anne Romney has to speak for minutes just so her husband can speak. I don't care what you have to say put Mitt on the damn mic.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

She has the mic because they are trying to show that Mitt doesn't hate women. As annoying as it is after the last few weeks I don't blame them for trying that tack.
edit on 6-3-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Romney on TV just nailed it, talking about his competitors: "Ron Paul has strong support everywhere you go." or something to the tune of that

UGH!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andboycott
Romney on TV just nailed it, talking about his competitors: "Ron Paul has strong support everywhere you go." or something to the tune of that

UGH!

The Irony is hilarious.

I've never meet anyone during the past year who supports Romney. 2008 a few liked him, but this year... Nada.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
this sucks.

i was hearing that RP could win a state or two tonight... guess it was just a wish...

however.... the results look very weird... how the hell is santorum winning in ND?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Yup. I made a crude animation about Super Tuesday talking about what Romney just said, here is the link
goanimate.com...
^^viewer discretion, there is "adult" language in it.
MODS: thats why i posted the link, not embedded the video, hope thats ok by TOS

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Willard has got to be paying his crowd, trying to mimic Paul ongoing events. They just seem not genuine.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Super Tuesday is over.

RON PAUL LOSES every single state.

Yet again.

Bring out the truckloads of crying tissue, and bring on the wimpering cries of fraud.

edit on 6-3-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by TinfoilTP because: Eating too much popcorn

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Santorum projected to win North Dakota.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
CNN projects Tennessee for Santorum.

I thought Gingrich would have a better chance in Tennessee since it's southern? Maybe Gingrich's support is restricted to the deep south specifically I guess.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

No, you have no idea how strong the evangelical base is here. People like Rick are their bread and butter. It makes perfect sense to me that he would beat out Gingrich-He's not enough of a preacher man.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What insanity.... how has Paul not won a single primary yet?? I feel sorry for the politically ignorant masses giving wins to Romney, Santorum, & even Gingrich? Wtf? How are any of these puppets winning primaries when I've barely see their supporters? I assume it's all the old folks who wait it out till primary day, & then vote in droves....

There's a reason why Paul always wins the 18-29 bracket.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join