It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Ok thank you, So i must have already spoken to knobs then? tut lol I traded the pomegranates earlier? ... i think i need another coffee.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
After watching the video a second time I saw this:

img845.imageshack.us... (if image does not show check out frames at 56 second in the cartoon)

Blurry I know, but look like a new key. However this may not be an interactive key and only stay in the cartoon. Just thought I would stop lurking and share.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodDocGonzo
Just did a little research. I think this is the show talked about here: mashable.com...
Everything seems in order for this to be correct. Give it a read and let's discuss.
edit on 3/10/2012 by GoodDocGonzo because: spelling

Sounds like a possibility. I found this:

Electric City

Reliance Big Entertainment, have expanded the relationship to the web with Electric City, a serial saga about a Sin City-like world that is so electricity-starved that the power gets shut off each night–and bad things happen in the dark.

But the cartoon video at tapjoint was a tad cheesy for this level of hype.

From the cartoon:

From the internets:

edit on 10-3-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I was wondering could someone post the animation that shows up ? cause every time i want to watch it my page just freeze or at least tell me what happened in the animation cause im pretty confused right now

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

In reply to intuitive's intuitivity, I played around with what he found.
Basically, I took the random replies he had and put them in random combinations, and i received an array of responses:

GHPEH VMHEVPB
ECGWQK FKLSFKVS
MGGO VS SKE DECW
MGGO L GCMB KVNE JG DWFK SLDE
L GCMB JEHNE MWCFK
L GCMB JEHNE MWCFK SKVSJ LS
JGHHB UVM MWCFK GCMB
JSGW TVJSLCQ DB SLDE
BGW FVC GHPEH MWCFK
L PGCS KVNE SLDE IGH SKLJ YWPPB

(For example, I typed in GHPEH VMHEVPB and received the same thing as a response, but I also sometimes got MGGO L GCMB KVNE JG DWFK SLDE)
As a side note, these responses were all received while I was in Key 14.

Originally posted by SchnickDaddy
After watching the video a second time I saw this:

img845.imageshack.us... (if image does not show check out frames at 56 second in the cartoon)

Blurry I know, but look like a new key. However this may not be an interactive key and only stay in the cartoon. Just thought I would stop lurking and share.

It may have something to do with the key in the cartoon that SchnickDaddy found, since I tried to cross reference the jumble of letters I got and found nothing sensible when drawing letters from Key 14, 15, and 16. However, using the key from the cartoon didn't really work either since nothing made sense.

It's another mystery.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Yessir, but that link is from late 2010. This newer link, from January of this year, paints a different picture. Perhaps a more planned out variation of an earlier draft or something. Here are a few qoutes for anyone interested:

"Secret police, back-alley dealings, daring chases, and murder all find a home in the Electric City." - We've seen a bit of this in the animation.
"The story unfolds gradually, layering mystery upon mystery, inviting viewers to interact with the content and each other." - Thats what we've all been up to this week.
"Viewers will get to interact with the cast and a 3D map, play casual games, watch behind-the-scenes clips, discover back-stories, join discussions and post commentary on their social networks."

Also, I had another link somewhere saying it would be 20 or so 3 to 4 minute clips, and this first "sneek peek" fits the bill.
Also, "welcome to the city" = Electric city? We've all seen "welcome to the city" so many times it would help from a marketing standpoint?
At this point in time, Im about 75/25 that this could be it.

**I see you added a comparison picture between the backgrounds and fonts. Is your hypothesis now that these are one in the same?
edit on 3/10/2012 by GoodDocGonzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/2012 by GoodDocGonzo because: edit to add reason for edit...Intheflesh's picture...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Soryunjin

hi thank you for reply and taking the time out to work some of these out, However i think my examples were to no avail - MGGO L GCMB KVNE JG DWFK SLDE - Translated into key 16 from 14 it reads - LOOK I ONLY HAVE SO MUCH TIME.

GHPEH VMHEVPB - Translates from 14 to 16 again as ORDER ALREADY

HXDDPVK VXS MVXJV Translate from 14 to 15 as COMMAND NOT KNOWN

I cannot seem to get anywere other than been told to order lunch?

My guy will not eat his freaking cold noodles.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
If there is so many video's and the story is much bigger when will we be able to move forward? There is nothing giving us a clue like the waiting for the illumination?.

All im stuck with is a "THE WEATHERS NOT CLEAR" and my noodles, which after being up all night on this i really wouldnt mind tucking in cold or not lol

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Q: What is electric city?
A: you will find out soon enough

Q: How old are you?
A: Lets cut to the chase

so basically tapjoint is most definitely directly related to Electric City.

I asked about tom hanks and spring but nothing...hah
edit on 10-3-2012 by MIKEJENKS because: further explaination

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
As a fan of animation, this looks amazing. The interactive-ness of it, is even better.

The plot to Electric City covers this, i'm sure its one and the same. Looking forward to doing it all again

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MIKEJENKS

When I asked "what is electric city" it gave me the map. However, you can replace "electric" with any word and it gives you the same result.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodDocGonzo

Awesome find! That is totally what we're looking at (I'm liking the name better too). Well I have to admit that has me a little more excited about it, as it seems to use tapjoint even more (makes sense why its so complex for only having something like a 7 day window to solve the first big mystery). The only part I'm not liking is the "all on Yahoo". It also seems to be much more planned out moving forward. They already know they want to have mysteries and interaction between viewers and it's length (very likely the whole story is done). This at least means to me it won't lose it's message or have the interactivity feel extremely tacked on, since it seems a bit better designed from the get-go.

It would also make sense why a mature cartoon webseries would have the marketing push it did, Tom Hanks is behind it. I'm a little more energized to carry on solving the mysteries now. It's very likely we won't have anything new to solve until either right before the premiere, or after the first episode (more likely). I'll admit I'm a little surprised there wasn't an email sign-up so the players would know when the show is actually out, instead of happening to find it when its already a few episodes in.

As for the premiere itself...

We shouldn't go too crazy trying to guess who people are, as they'd want to keep lots of mystery going, especially before the actual show starts. That being said, I think we get to see a few of the people we know. FINALLY we can see where the name Deetleman Frank came from and why we would search for him, before there just seemed to be no relation to any other clue we found.

I know I just said we shouldn't go too crazy guessing who people are, but I think the guy we see (after the 2 amp officers) with the girl on his shoulder is Loman. I'm not sure who the one actually listening to the tap kit is, but for some reason he just doesn't strike me as Loman. He talks about adding leather to stop the energy pulses, so he seems more like a right hand man/brains behind the communication. OR, maybe the guy with the girl on his shoulder is Knobs. This would be a fair guess because he makes the joke about not always hating the AMP (and we know Knobs works for both sides, I think). I think we'll learn about the 2 people (girl and tapper) later on, no reason to spill all the beans right away.

I'm wondering if the Blonde haired girl is Hope Chatsworth, but I'm really only saying that because other than Eva, she's the only female we know who isn't an Elder (seems I'm again stretching to make a character connection here, I'm not very good at following my own rules). We do see Sah's Noodles, and we know that the kid who climbs through the oven is Deetleman. Seems they're on the side of the resistance (without looking back at tapjoint, wasn't he a member of the YX?) since they're fixing tap kits/wave units, and crawling through ovens to get there. There's also a new named character (Chucky), but I don't think we have a card for him yet.

We see Commander Welles, as long as some other people. Another new named person is Brandon (I think) who works for Welles. Standard chatter about stopping the pulses/tap kits that you'd expect from the AMP commander.

Then we see the Elders. Very clearly I was initially wrong in my guess that the two elders were working against each other, and I think I'm also wrong about them working alongside the AMP interests (even though one of them is married to a councilman investigating Loman). They seem to have their own agenda. We already know they don't have clean hands in this, since they ordered Jacobs killed by Carr for what we assume to be questioning their methods. Are we sure the needles handed to us were Emersons? Or did it just happen to catch knitting needles regardless of who we typed? If it was for sure Emerson's needles, we can be pretty sure she is the Elder who has the flashback.

Although the flashback tells us how brutal this new post apocalyptic world is, we also learn that this apocalypse happened quite a while ago. The land is already ravaged and people are trying to assemble a new nation when Emerson is just a young girl, and presently in Electric City she's an Elder. That means the slides and record handed to us are very old compared to the present day. I also have a feeling those will subtly come into play in the show (just as the knitting needles did).

Well that's all I go, anyone notice anything more? Have a different theory about how the people connect? Etc?
Any updates to the files? Maybe we'll get a card for the 2 new named characters soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm missing something...

On page 28 or 29, people were saying "Wtf did you see that?" and stuff like that. Now everyone's talking about a cartoon. What just happened?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxyKG

If you type the proper stuff in, you'll get a wave unit turn it on and a 4 minute animated video plays.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, since we've all seen it, you can watch the video directly at the following link:

Tapjoint Video

Alternatively, here's a link from the source on Yahoo. Electric City is being featured on Yahoo, no?

Direct Link

Don't expect it to be at these links for very long. I don't think the developer wanted people watching it without using the tapjoint interface, but I don't think it's a big deal since we've all seen it.

edit on 10-3-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodDocGonzo

Another article on "Electric City" out lines that there will be communit interaction with the show:

“The world as we know it has ended and out of the rubble, the Electric City stands as a symbol of peace and security. Yet under the veneer of order lies a world full of secrets and violence. Secret police, back alley dealings, daring chase and murder all find a home in the “Electric City.” Through the lens of a functioning, yet dystopian metropolis, “Electric City” touches upon relevant global issues and themes including energy consumption, freedom of information, crime and punishment and more.

The story unfolds gradually, layering mystery upon mystery, inviting viewers to interact with the content and each other. Metaphors and symbols are woven throughout, creating a perfect environment for puzzle-solving and community interaction.

Read more: www.shockya.com...

The trailer we got on tapjoint was good. Reminded me a bit of the kill bill cut scene cartoons, in any case, this marketing strategy worked on me because I will probably watch a show I would have had no interest in

But if it's not for that show, what's it for?

edit on 10-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, been wanting to watch it again but no go through the whole thing :p

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I don't know why the official page only has 13 likes. Lets get that up if you enjoyed the weeks events

www.facebook.com...
edit on 11-3-2012 by PoliceState because: link

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Q: there is blood on the knitting needles.
A: there is blood on them.
gee, thanks...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Me: May the force be with you
A: It does not matter right now

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join