It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video that made me do a 180 on The UFO Phenomn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

After watching this video , I feel as though most UFO sightings are actually just incorrectly reported cases of Ball Lightning. I know for fact I've seen many UFO videos that look alot like the footage of ball lighting in Brazil. Of course this leads to wonder just what ball lighting is and why it occurs. Though I will admit Ball Lighting doesn't seem to have same acceleration I've seen in many UFO videos.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ball lightning during clear skies? I don't think so.

To call all these anomalies ball lightning is asinine. The denial in people that high end tech exists staggers me. People really think they're entitled to know classified details and projects, when in reality the goal is to keep you people thinking it's all Chinese lanterns and swamp gas.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Thanks for sharing the video. Very interesting, I have never really seen ball lightening like that before, although I have heard the term thrown around. I agree that a lot of UFO sightings could be ball lightening, I know for a fact that if I had seen ball lightening prior to seeing this video I would automatically think UFO.

That being said, you are right to say that the speed is not as quick as some reported sightings. Also while this could discount some sightings of a similar nature there are stil sightings whose characterists are a lot different and unexplainable. For example people have spotted cloaked objects, and objects with several colours of light. So don't give up on it just yet, but the more we rule out or explain the more chance we have of actually pinning down what is in our skies and what if anything is extra terrestrial.

edit on 2-3-2012 by eyesdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Ball lightning during clear skies? I don't think so.

To call all these anomalies ball lightning is asinine. The denial in people that high end tech exists staggers me. People really think they're entitled to know classified details and projects, when in reality the goal is to keep you people thinking it's all Chinese lanterns and swamp gas.

totally agreed. why do people fall for ball lightening/chinese lanterns/swamp gas, when it's CLEAR that these things are none of them.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
interesting video, and could be, but i doubt.

But the part with "ball lightning created in lab", is nothing else but welding slag, they jump around because the heat create gas, not so much ball lightning.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Didn't see much of anything in the video which represented ball lightning. By that criteria any ball of light is considered ball lightning.. Also ball lightning doesn't explain personal accounts of beings, and landings.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Perhaps some sort of antimatter reaction that happens when charged fronts clash, scientists say that antimatter particles are produced from large storms, so perhaps when theres the right combo of charged particles and waves and whatever else is floating about these little balls of energy appear.

somthing like that, my 2 cent ramble

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It is the explanation for alot of UFO sightings without a doubt, but there are report's of objects, among ones i have witnessed myself which cannot be explained by ball lightning.

For example as somebody pointed out with clear skies. It is very unlikely for any lightning related activity to occur during a hot sunny day when there are no clouds whatsoever.

I am sure you are on the right track of finding an explanation for some UFO sightings. However i really do not think it is logical to group all unexplained objects as ball lightning. For starter's UFO's tend to range in size, shape, colour and appearance, i can understand if there is a storm occurring and a shining ball of light appears, it would be wise to assume ball lightning in this case.

What about the cases where people witness metallic disc's (as a classic example) that show no sign's of light? I don't think it would make sense to assume these were ball lightning too. Do you?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
You know, its funny, I live next to a swamp in the heart of Louisiana. I have never, ever, ever seen any kind of "swamp gas". Or heard anyone else say they've seen it around here. And as much time as I've spent on the lake I think if anyone would it would be me.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I have seen a lot of these, videos in past UFO video clips, It makes me wonder if this is posted as ball lighting to help the people that bunk with lanterns etc, by saying no it's ball lighting then reference this video; then everyone else calls hoax and say the UFO video is ball lighting... it's the same thing the news does when people are upset...dangle a carrot to distract them from the thing they are upset about so they forget and go back to sleep.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
We (science) only understands this phenomena to be 'ball energy'. Sure, they explain it quite convincingly but perhaps that's just their caveman's extent of understanding it?

Whose to say what we're seeing aren't intelligent entities, in another form or dimension (the likes in which science never discusses) and these balls are seeking energy from energy sources like, volcanoes?

We see plenty of unexplained 'things' in and around our Sun all the time that, get swept under the rug as 'glitches' so...............

I think by now we've learned and see, science is often wrong. And science and religion have to filter their findings through the PTB. And because the government controls the dispensing of information...who the heck knows what's what anymore.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm highly suspicious of your turn around, proposing nonsense and lies. The leaders really treat people,even witnesses to very low flying soundless crafts that greet then AND are chased by their choppers, as if they are simpletons and morons. And then argue endlessly on their themes.

No! No! And again, No!

This time it was added insult to the injury.

They need be in institutions being aquainted with human intelligence and clean alot of toilets so they can come to down to earth with their massive egos.

I don't consider our leaders half as intelligent as most people. Simply on how they analyze humans and the lies they construct.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've seen both Ball Lightning and St. Elmo's Fire while at sea while in the Navy, and I can tell you that most of what I saw on the video does not look anything like what I and my shipmates have seen.

That said, please be aware that there are things that get posted on YouTube, that are of a mundane origin, but that people post either because they don't understand what they captured or because they think it looks cool (and is why I hate YouTube as a reference).

For example, if you use a nightvision or IR camera, you can record things that look strange and have a erratic flight pattern, only to find that they are bugs being illuminated by the IR and not focused on (we see this all the time on shows like Ghost Hunters, etc). That doesn't mean that all of them are that, especially if you can see that the object appears to be a lot farther.
Aircraft lights. I've seen these many times at night and daytime. I've seen a whole string of them in line coming in for landings, when I'm near the Atlanta or Charolette airports. They always make me do a double take and think: WTF? Until I watch them long enough. I even took a video once because I thought they were cool (the landing lights were bright enough flood out the port and starboard, red and green, lights). I had a friend actually say: You should post that video! It looks like UFO's!
While I frowned and shook my head about that, you will have a lot of people out there go: Hey! Yah! That's a cool idea!

Over zoomed and out of focus objects in the sky: I hate these. Here's one of my very own videos, of Venus, over zoomed and out of focus:

You can do the same thing with stars, and the moon, especially if the moon is behind tree branches, and your camera focuses on the branches, in the dark, makes for a very interesting looking object.

Not everything can be explained, and I do think that people see and capture things on video that defy reasonable explanation. I just hate when the source is YouTube or Google Video. Let's have the entire, unedited source video instead.

I really do believe that Ufology deserves serious research and investigation. Even though I debunk a lot, I'm not really a "Debunker" or "Skeptic" but nor am I a "Believer". On here it seems that the name Debunker or Skeptic is given to those that laugh at UFO's or that the name Believer is given to those that seem to believe anything they are handed.
Instead, I'm what you might call a "Very Picky Believer", heheheheh.

Just remember that not everything you see posted on YouTube is a genuine UFO, that there are people out there that will take advantage of you. That not every "Debunker" or "Skeptic" is making fun of you, but many are instead trying to help "weed out" those things that ARE fake so that these things can be taken more seriously.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

And dont forget the new 'go to' excuse - sky divers

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Iim with you, I am originally from Mi. and we all from there know all these sighting are swamp gas. Therefore when I saw one almost hovering over our sailboat here in fl. including seeing the skin of the craft, I knew right away it was solidified swamp gas. Later when we saw two major ones in mid day, both of which shown a light towards earth before disappearing, I also used my high IQ to know that Fl. swamp gas is more powerful here due to this higher temperatures, thus making larger lights than Mi. Oh did I mention, one of those gas particles hovered off our final approach when I landed a plane at night in northern Mi.

Damn swamp gas has been seen so often and it is so persistent.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And for the unpopular thoughts of the day..............

I really wish people would not make music videos out of this stuff. It makes it completely cheesy. I believe this is done for psychological purposes...it puts one's mind in a certain state when the "spooky" or whatever music is added....that is why movies have certain music at certain parts in movies....

I wanted to point out that at around ( =/-) :48 I clearly see flapping bird wings....
and also starting around :57
I hit play/pause over and over....and clearly birds with flapping wings....

Around 1:08 I think that has been proven to be sky divers - Ive seen the footage before although im not good at finding these vids because people take them, re-upload them w/ different titles. Most if not all "ufo" vids are recycled, renamed, reedited, etc etc....

Some of them look like incoming planes or helictoper lights.....which has been discussed at length here as being a serious mis-identification...

All the other edits....who knows...someone took a bunch of clips and stuck them together to create a music video. There is zero story to match up w/ each clip, zero reference, just some random stuff pieced together. Truth cannot be found from any of these edits...

Entertaining? Sure. Revealing? Nope.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius
[more
Nice Video. I've never seen some of those clips. I'm not entirely convinced that all of those are examples of ball lightning. (I say that having never seen ball lightning in person.) However I'm positive a couple of those are of military flares. And even still some I think cant be explained as just lightning. Interesting stuff non the less. Thanks for posting! S&F to ya.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
along time ago before I was born a ball of lighting floated thru the local hospital.
My grandparents worked at the hospital and so did my aunty and uncle they seen it, also might have the log of the event.
I think there could be more unusual things in that log book.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The music, to me, cries hoax in most cases. Its hard to get past it. This video had some pretty good clips and the fact that it was a compilation of clips helped. I always try to view a post with an open, clear mind. I question why someone would post a video of an unexplained and troubling experience, only to ruin credibility with corny music. (this video doesn't really apply to that statement as its a compilation of clips ) .

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nice compilation of UFO videos.Ball lighting,I don´t think so.In some of the clips you can see intelligent interaction,whether it´s human or alien,who knows.I agree about the about the music.Some people think it creates an eerie atmosphere.But for me it makes everything less believable

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join