It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX again caught with their pants off. (Fox edits out the audience booing and replaces with it appla

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
this was taken during the 2012 International Students for Liberty Conference in Washington D.C.

A veteran ask John Bolton a question.

The veteran gets applause, Bolton initially gets booo'd.

but thanks to some clever editing it looked like he got applause.

what ya think?

edit on 26-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

what ya think?

I think the more they continue to shoot themselves in the foot, the more people are going to see them for what they are, Orwellian lie merchants.
Popular subject today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
if nobody watches them they will go away. hopefully.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
FOX continues to add to their already thick dossier of lies and manipulated videos. Worst part of the video isn't just the fake applause, but the way John Bolton insults an Iraq war veteran.

John Bolton Insults Anti-War Iraq Vet

He's only desperately hanging onto his FOX "news" gig in the hopes he can land a job in the next GOP administration. He is one of the lowest form of Neocon.

John Bolton never served. He attended Yale University, where he shared classes with his friend Clarence Thomas, and was a contemporary of Bill Clinton and Hillary Rodham at Yale Law School. He wrote in his Yale 25th reunion book "I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost." Nice attitude from someone who wants to hold office in defense. Hypocritical ahole.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Bolton should be drug out into the street and beaten for the way he spoke to this veteran.

Seriously.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My mother in law watches FOX. I seriously can barely talk to her anymore without her just repeating the crap she hears from them. She is like a little brainwashed fundee... Politics and religion are definitely off the table of discussion these days

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Whats with the tooth pic or candy lolly in his mouth. Someone hasn't told him the seventies has ended a while ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Whats with the tooth pic or candy lolly in his mouth. Someone hasn't told him the seventies has ended a while ago.

apparently that´s not the only thing he hold onto.

his glasses aren´t all that either

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think that veteran - despite what Bolton said, implying he didn't serve honorably - actually spoke for a lot of others who did serve honorably and did the right thing all throughout their deployment.

It's a real simple concept these politicians will try to spin their way however they can. There are "enemies" in Afghanistan and there were "enemies" in Iraq because we were there... Plain and simple... And that's what this individual vet is saying, it's absolutely true.

As for the edit, It's MSM, what else is new, you had better expect to receive their footage full of edits to fit agendas.

The toothpick... He should've been chewing gum or dipping, the warmongers don't deserve respect. They are not honorable but deceptive and evil.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Really ?
Thats all you got from the OP?
I think the Bugs Bunny show is on at 7, should be more your speed.
The OP shows a clear case of twisting the Real Story and while not new, it should always be shown in the Light.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 26/2/12 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Really ?
Thats all you got from the OP?
I think the Bugs Bunny show is on at 7, should be more your speed.
The OP shows a clear case of twisting the Real Story and while not new, it should always be shown in the Light.

Yep thats all I got from the OP.

Sue me.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
come on fellas.

no need for this.

let´s keep it civil.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here's an interesting read from a former Fox employee describing the inner workings of the organization:
mediamatters.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I think the more they continue to shoot themselves in the foot, the more people are going to see them for what they are, Orwellian lie merchants.

Problem is, the people who most NEED to understand what a load of crap they are being sold don't want to hear the truth. They are happy to sit with their fingers in their ears babbling lalalalalalalalalala when you try to point out the lie because it fits their preconceived idea of what the world is like. Sad but true...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

True true friend, and it is frustrating but I still think the number of people, especially from the right, are starting to see thru the smoke and mirrors. Still a long ways to go, but everyone is on their own path moving at their own pace, so it will take time I suppose.
What gets me, is if an issue raises disagreement, I have offered to sit with a person and together pour thru and examine the evdience, so that we may come to a conclusion that may be more accurate and revealing than Fox, and I get no response. They say they don't want to dwell in the negativity

Than I say, "why watch Fox news?"

Here is perfect example of what you describe about denial of truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by kokoro

True true friend, and it is frustrating but I still think the number of people, especially from the right, are starting to see thru the smoke and mirrors. Still a long ways to go, but everyone is on their own path moving at their own pace, so it will take time I suppose.
What gets me, is if an issue raises disagreement, I have offered to sit with a person and together pour thru and examine the evdience, so that we may come to a conclusion that may be more accurate and revealing than Fox, and I get no response. They say they don't want to dwell in the negativity

Than I say, "why watch Fox news?"

Here is perfect example of what you describe about denial of truth.

Yes, you are so right in saying that we are all on our path forward. I used to have some of the same beliefs and it was mainly because of how I was raised (in the south). It wasn't until I moved away and started actually looking at the world without the blinders on that I changed my mind on some things so maybe I am being a little harsh on people. My MIL cannot yet even get past the fact that Obama is black LMAO! Its hard to talk to someone who is stuck that far back in time, definitely frustrating.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

We are more alike than you think, cuz I too moved form Louisiana to Oregon back in the 90's and wow what a culture shock! Still, every time I visit home, Faux news is a blarin'!

I would just ignore it, but it bothers me that it shapes my loved ones perspective and drives division into our lives.
Thank goodness though, they are starting to realize the game, and my step fathers keen sense of bs detection is picking up on Faux reporting.
Hopefully the truth will prevail, which can be a real test of patience.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

Fox is doing nothing different then the other networks CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ect with their cheerleading for obama and his minions.
There's no "truth" in the news any news any more, I mean, when I was younger, I had the impression that the Press was the peoples watchdog, keeping the public informed of what the government was doing and holding them accountable. That's not happening.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

The number 1 in news just takes it to a whole nuther level, imo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join