It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most will end up in Hell.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

"Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?" -1 Corinthians 6:3

you should link the whole verse not just 1 part. I dont feel like looking for the billingual bible so here is NIV.

1 If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people?

2 Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?

3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church?

5 I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers?

6 But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!

7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?

8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters.

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a]

10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

John 5:22 The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,

I hope you seem to not think thats you.
edit on 25-2-2012 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
reply to post by biggmoneyme

A failure because he gave every person free will to do as they please? I mean... how fun would life be if everyone were just automatons? What would be the point?

No, a failure because it didn't do enough. Please don't tell me about Jesus' sacrifice because I know people who have suffered worse than what they say he did.

If this almighty god was as loving as it's said to be, it wouldn't send me to such an awful place to be in pain for eternity because It never showed a shred of proof that it existed.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

The proof is all around you. Open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

The proof is all around you. Open your eyes.

In that case, the proof is all around you that 15,000 gods exist and they are all over at my place having beers.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

What timeless piece of literature reveals the will of your 15,000 gods and the day to day comings and goings of man? None? Oh yea...
edit on 25-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

What timeless piece of literature reveals the will of your 15,000 gods and the day to day comings and goings of man? None? Oh yea...
edit on 25-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

I just wrote it myself. it's as credible and reliable as any other holy book - just not as old.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Well since millions to billions of people for thousands of years havn't caught on to your book yet... You know, centralized their lives around it, we'll have to say you havn't any ground to stand on. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Well since millions to billions of people for thousands of years havn't caught on to your book yet... You know, centralized their lives around it, we'll have to say you havn't any ground to stand on. Sorry.

Just because a larger group believe one book more than the other doesn't mean there's any more proof that my book is less important than your book.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's okay to be in denial but when you face God on Judgment Day it will be too late to repent and turn from your sinful ways he will say to you "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" -Matthew 25:41 you will burn forever and ever Amen.

You should all read the part about Lazarus & The Rich Man.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

As foreign as my line of thought must be to you, yours is the same to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
It's okay to be in denial but when you face God on Judgment Day it will be too late to repent and turn from your sinful ways he will say to you "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" -Matthew 25:41 you will burn forever and ever Amen.

You should all read the part about Lazarus & The Rich Man.

My book says that if you're good you get ice cream and live in a life size sandcastle.

It also says that you don't have to believe in anything to get the ice cream and live in the cool sandcastle.

Believe what you like, you're the only one that cares and the only one that should.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

My book says that if you're good you get ice cream and live in a life size sandcastle.

It also says that you don't have to believe in anything to get the ice cream and live in the cool sandcastle.

Believe what you like, you're the only one that cares and the only one that should.

Except that it doesn't. You're just making things up on the spot. It isn't really a comparable analogy.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Except that it doesn't. You're just making things up on the spot. It isn't really a comparable analogy.

There is no difference in me making up stories now and someone making up stories 2000 years ago.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get you excited for eternal ice cream.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There is a huge difference. None of the things you say resonate in the hearts of billions of people for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

There is a huge difference. None of the things you say resonate in the hearts of billions of people for thousands of years.

The length of a delusion does not have any bearing on whether or not it is a delusion.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

And that argument is based on what exactly? The idea that people thought the earth was flat for a few hundred years? If you look around, it obviously isn't.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

And that argument is based on what exactly? The idea that people thought the earth was flat for a few hundred years? If you look around, it obviously isn't.

The argument is based on fact.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

If it's based on fact, surely you can present at least one of them?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

If it's based on fact, surely you can present at least one of them?

I absolutely can and here it is: An apple is not an orange, no matter how uch you tell yourself it is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join