It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the 'Stars' really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Keeping with the spirit of this section of the forum, I will put forward a totally speculative and possibly angering idea.

Mankind has looked up to the shiny lights in the night sky for aeons, wondering with all of his might at just what they are.

We have been taught that they are mostly stars and some planets. They have been given names and have filled the books of science and learning.

They have remained steadfast, never changing and never leaving our sight.

Nature is highly random when it comes to presenting itself. Although patterns may be present, they can take millions of years to become apparent.

I look to the skies, and I wonder just what we are privileged to witness.

I would think that if we are watching stars unfold and act in their natural way, we would see them changing places. The southern cross, for example, would eventually break apart and move in separate paths through the sky.

One would think that solar systems, galaxies and such would not remain static to us observers here on planet Earth.

With the advent of space travel (supposedly made possible last century) we have been able to place ourselves and other invasive bodies into our atmosphere and outer space.

Satellites fill our skies, doing whatever job they are made to do.

Now, I have been taught that certain planets reflect the light of the sun in the hours of the night, making them shine bright amongst the stars.

They have a cycle that breaks free of the movement of the outer stars, noticeable in every way. They are very obvious.

I wonder, as speculative as it is, what are the lights in the night sky really?

With the modern mind, full of stories about technology that is made to control us, we may say that these lights are indeed satellites, orbiting the Earth in a uniform way, at a uniform speed, so that they do not collide.

I have yet to see any changes in the patterns of the stars that would indicate that they are just that, stars.

All of the Astronomical books that I own show me that they do not deviate from their course, as if all of the stars and galaxies are locked into a certain pattern.

To me, that seems silly.

So it makes perfect sense to me that the lights in the night sky are one of two things.

They could be space-craft. We could be seeing the reflecting sunlight on their hulls, and we are told that they are stars. Or, we could be seeing the energy that they emit, whether it be from their engines or another power-source that they give off.

Or, the 'stars' could be satellites. orbiting the Earth with clock-work regularity, never deviating from their courses, because to do so could cause collision.

Thank you so much for reading this idea, as wild as it may be.

I have tried to be as speculative as I can be, whilst keeping it in the reigns of possibility.

As I said earlier, we live in the age of population-control, and keeping us dumb to the truth in regard to space is the best way to keep us all here on Earth, here.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure people have used telescopes and seen planets. Unless its an optical illusion set up by the air crafts mentioned. Interesting theory.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
I'm pretty sure people have used telescopes and seen planets. Unless its an optical illusion set up by the air crafts mentioned. Interesting theory.

They could very well be optical illusions set up by the crafts mentioned.

Sure, there could very well be planets in space, but perhaps not as close as what we know.

These crafts in our atmosphere may want us to believe this, so they set up static holograms, dedicated to particular ships in the atmosphere.

This also brings into question the true nature of the Moon.

Perhaps a base?

Is it too a hologram, or possibly a giant 'mother ship' that has been artificially covered in rock, not only to protect it from the elements, but to protect it from prying eyes?

Maybe this is why we supposedly haven't gone back to the Moon, but what would I know.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Pretty sure this is bogus.

Our probes have seen stars first-hand...also, why exactly is it preposterous to think stars would stay in the same place?

The stars have no influence by which to travel the skies. They are, after all, gas. The only reason they even seem to move is because WE are moving, not them.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Well, think back thousands of years ago when the sun and moon and stars were being looked at by evolving man; have the spacecrafts been there the whole time? Manipulating our minds and then spreading a benevolent purpose and a corrupted purpose? Or could we be the quarks inside of the atom? Maybe we make up a quark, that makes up an atom, that's just a unimaginable sliver of another universe? Haha

The other night, I was watching the stars and I thought I was staring at one, but it was actually a satellite moving very slowly across my towns night sky.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It would help if you made up your mind whether or not space travel is possible. If it is, why doubt that humans are capable of it? More importantly, if all the stars and planets are really spaceships, where did they come from? You are correct in believing that everything changes.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect to see any change in the stars that I could measure with the naked eye. The closest ones are about 20 light years out, after all. The way that you can tell how they are moving relative to the Earth is redshift and blueshift. Also, when you photograph the stars and then again half a year later, when the earth is at the opposite spot in its orbit, the positions of the stars will be ever so slightly different, due to parallax. It's like watching a basketball game at one end of one side of the court compared to the other end.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
The only reason they even seem to move is because WE are moving, not them.

Wow, we learn something new every day.

The milky way is spiralling because apparently there may be something in the centre, an energy force that makes it do so.

So you would expect other star systems to be doing the same.

How far out can our naked eye see?

Do we only see stars in our galaxy?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well, think back thousands of years ago when the sun and moon and stars were being looked at by evolving man; have the spacecrafts been there the whole time? Manipulating our minds and then spreading a benevolent purpose and a corrupted purpose?

Perhaps.

A very real scenario, considering that we know nothing about where the future will take us, and how and what we will study.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Look at the picture on the right side, my friend. The night sky looked like that every night before Light Pollution. And the Milky Way Galaxy is actually a very young Circle Galaxy; I remember watching "The Universe" with Morgan Freeman when I went on a cruise to Mexico.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Unrealised,
Thanks for sharing your theory. I do believe it is a very cool theory! If it was true it would be extremely intricate, but I see where you are coming from. I do believe some are set stars and planets and since were moving we cant tell that they are too. But I also believe some of those lights we see arent just satellites orbiting us..maybe someone or something else orbiting us. When I was young I use to believe the sky was like a big blankets and the stars were peek holes for God or our loved ones or that big mad scientist is peering through at us

Thanks for sharing your cool theory!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I remember watching "The Universe" with Morgan Freeman when I went on a cruise to Mexico.

Just a little joke, but do you think they chose Morgan Freeman to host 'The Universe' because all of those little freckles on his face look like a Galaxy?

Send me a sign if you see what I mean.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Unrealised,
Thanks for sharing your theory. I do believe it is a very cool theory! If it was true it would be extremely intricate, but I see where you are coming from. I do believe some are set stars and planets and since were moving we cant tell that they are too. But I also believe some of those lights we see arent just satellites orbiting us..maybe someone or something else orbiting us. When I was young I use to believe the sky was like a big blankets and the stars were peek holes for God or our loved ones or that big mad scientist is peering through at us

Thanks for sharing your cool theory!

Everything intricate is beautiful.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

A theory that just popped into my head (Sorry, I tend to talk a lot.) The cycle of everything is to be made and then die. In the book I got from Hastings called "The Universe", is said that 300,00 years after the big bang, matter was created. Until then, in the first millionth of a yocotosecond (10^-32) the good and bad particles were being found out through the chaos theory. What if its continuously being made, living for billions of years, then dying out, all at the same time, recycling the "dead" matter. The galaxy is young, and so is the earth, so the things further away are more than likely older, or younger. Just a theory though.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Originally posted by Starchild23
The only reason they even seem to move is because WE are moving, not them.

Wow, we learn something new every day.

The milky way is spiralling because apparently there may be something in the centre, an energy force that makes it do so.

So you would expect other star systems to be doing the same.

How far out can our naked eye see?

Do we only see stars in our galaxy?

Well amazingly enough solar systems do the same. As part of a nebula condenses in the early parts of star formation it begins to spin. this spin gradually flattens out the gas cloud into an accretion disk. the majority of the gas is still in the center, where it begins to form the star. As the disk flattens out and becomes denser. Then we see the same pattern occur that forms planetiods and little comets and such and begin to attract their own such disk within a disc to draw material in and grow ever larger.0 The thousands of small rocky bodies collide and merge over time to form large rocky planets. Jupiter and Saturn managed to take it a step deeper and host little orbiting accretion disks that formed their moons.

But we do see object spiraling around each other in spiraling patterns because of a mysterious force in a scale invariant fractal manner, and that force is gravity.

Man, the universe is awesome

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Haha could be, but then again, my favorite movie being "The Shawshank Redemption", I learned to love his voice, and if I could, I would let him narrate my life. "as he awakens and runs to the alarm, he stumbles across the coke cans left over from the night before, 'look at this mess...i know what im doing in a couple of hours' he thinks to himself as he lays back down, unknowing of the problems that will occur because he went back to sleep"

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Everything in the universe is moving.

The Milky Way is a spiral galaxy, our solar system is but a tiny speck in one of its arms.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have seen some awful threads here on ats in recent months, but this nonsense is the worse i have ever seen. Where to begin? I give up............

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Hey man, Just chattin' and weighing possibilities. Unless you know exactly how things are and kept it from us...

top topics

join