It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran Burning Incident and Response

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I would never burn the koran because it incites others
to react poorly.As a christian we are not suppose to
incite others to wrath.

edit on 23-2-2012 by mamabeth because: changed

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
reply to post by jaxnmarko

BOO HOO!

who cares... its just a bunch of paper created out of trees, mass produced and printed to brainwash the already feeble minded arab nation.

im so sick and tired of the bs with religion, its sickening, " oh no he burned 300 pages of paper, lets get him and murder him and drag his body through the streets!, im sure this is what allah would want"

enough already, as long as you believe in god, and know his love and teachings in your mind, who cares about some book...

its not like it was blessed in mecca or, some ritual was performed to make it "sacred"

the koran, torah, bible, etc...are all MASS PRODUCED... by MAN, in factories

grow up
edit on 23-2-2012 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

Ahhh, but you're wrong. It's not just a collection of paper to them. It's a symbol of their faith and culture. By defiling their most sacred book, the soldiers have basically flipped an entire culture the bird.

and how many bibles, havent the muslims burned?

give me a break, its 2012 to me a human life is more sacred than some overrated, piece of paper that contains nothing but lies...

so a book means more to you than a be headed mother? or father? or a hung 15 year old "gay" boy?

HYPOCRITE

this world is full of them..

there is nothing more sacred than human life, once that is violated and tarnished...all bets are off

anything else, including some recycled toilet paper book is definatley NO EXCEPTION partner

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Ya know,I could say the same for all of them who have come here...or to any other country in the world.Seriously,they (muslims) expect EVERY culture to bow down to theirs like it's greatest.Oh,and if you don't?Off with your head! I for one am sick of it.So what I'm saying is this,it works BOTH ways.The world doesn't revolve around them or their beliefs.Same goes for any other religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

BOO HOO!

who cares... its just a bunch of paper created out of trees, mass produced and printed to brainwash the already feeble minded arab nation.

im so sick and tired of the bs with religion, its sickening, " oh no he burned 300 pages of paper, lets get him and murder him and drag his body through the streets!, im sure this is what allah would want"

enough already, as long as you believe in god, and know his love and teachings in your mind, who cares about some book...

its not like it was blessed in mecca or, some ritual was performed to make it "sacred"

grow up

You are such a perfect example of the level of intelligence ATS members are so proud to be associated with - the first rule of ATS is to DENY IGNORANCE - I guess you were educated at Harvard you demonstrate such in depth knowledge and understanding of Cultural Divides - it's amazing.

You attract such praise for your fellow compatriots and you are such a perfect example of an educational system that was once something to be proud of.

You have given us reason for deep thought and consideration of the theories you project - congratulations on your most poitive contribution to the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I don't own a copy of the koran,I do have it on my computer.

Maybe when these "radical" muslims stop burning our flag,
and our Bible.Maybe we will extend the same courtesy to them.

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 23-2-2012 by mamabeth because: added[/editby

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-2-2012 by mamabeth because: added

exactly

when was the last time you say "christian" or americans going on a crusade to destroy "muslims" who chant DEATH TO AMERICA and burn our american flag and christian bibles

i guess when it comes down to it...it all boils down to evolution, and brain capacity...clearly some in the human race have not evolved to a higher form of thinking, and left the sticks N stones behind

this world is doomed, this horrible experiment of a race has sealed their fate LONG ago..there is no denying that..

truley sad, the human race had so much potential, yet the good is always washed away in the sea of hate, and vengance... extra DIV

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

BOO HOO!

grow up

You are such a perfect example of the level of intelligence ATS members are so proud to be associated with - the first rule of ATS is to DENY IGNORANCE - I guess you were educated at Harvard you demonstrate such in depth knowledge and understanding of Cultural Divides - it's amazing.

You attract such praise for your fellow compatriots and you are such a perfect example of an educational system that was once something to be proud of.

You have given us reason for deep thought and consideration of the theories you project - congratulations on your most poitive contribution to the thread.

there is NOTHING to be proud of on any educational system... if you do some research you would know that the public school system was developed in the early prussian society, and it was a system developed to destroy individuality, and instil a "mob" mentality on impresionable young minds...clearly it has worked

you need to step out of the box..im talking about beyond human comprehension, once you are out of the box and you observe the meaningless hate that the human rece bestows upon itself..you would see things my way...such a waste of energy, and resources on fighting and killing one another, that could have been used for positive reasons....yet we want bloodshed and vengance for the burning of a book?...

who was there to stand up for the tree that was cut, and destroyed to make it?

allah?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Grow up? Paper it might be, mass produced sure, but it's about principle. Imagine if occupiers of our country mass-burned a pile of bibles? So many Christians would flip a lid.

Actually, they're invited into the country, given every right afforded any other member of the country, and they sit and seethe calling us the evil immoral west, mock fallen troops and shout death to the infidel from the rooftops - and we sit back and take it. Right on the chin.

The difference between islam and christinaity, is that within islam, the majority will rally and show extreme actions over the slightest of things, whereas only the smallest minority of so called christians would hold a placard saying "God Hates Fags" or "Burn a Qur'an".

You don't ever hear of a priest telling all the people in his congregation to go en masse to an islamic institution and insult them, call for their death, and tell them that it is their duty as christians to destroy this foreign religion.

Yet, in afghanistan, that is EXACTLY what you have.

So, while we invite them, accept them, show them every courtesy (and then some) they still plot to attack us from within and we forgive them time and time again, yet at the same time it's acceptable over there for them to riot in the thousands, kill NATO personnel and destroy anything of non-arab origin.

Amazing.... and you wonder why people think the world is nuts.

edit on 23-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
well said OP ...

however your sentiments will end up drowned out by the narrowminded , hateful , prejudiced and war mongering fools who see nothing wrong in committing such despicable acts ...

S&F for having had the courage to speak out in favour of whats right rather than spouting ignorance and hate.

One side is all apologetic and forgiving, all those stay on THAT side of the room.

Everyone else, who is obviously therefore a "narrowminded , hateful , prejudiced and war mongering fool" stay on THAT side of the room.

There is NO ROOM for middle ground in this debate, you're either with the justifying mob, or one of the hateful angry mob.

Goodo.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You just gave me a chuckle.

Whatever you do, DO NOT DELETE YOUR QUR'AN!!!!!

Who knows what that sort of disrespect would show!!

(really, that's an interesting question to me... is deleting an electronic format of the Qur'an acceptable, or is it still destroying the world of allah?)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
In Christianity, burning is the acceptable way of disposing of an old bible. Book burning is not necessarily inherently disrespectful.

Ah, I didn't know this... So my comparison was not a good one. Well, the whole burning of the Korans itself is not a big deal if they were being disposed of for good reason, and in this case it seems they may have had good reason for burning 'em.

It's the fact that this became known to the whole nation of Afghanistan that is wrong. It should have been kept under tight wraps.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

You just gave me a chuckle.

Whatever you do, DO NOT DELETE YOUR QUR'AN!!!!!

Who knows what that sort of disrespect would show!!

(really, that's an interesting question to me... is deleting an electronic format of the Qur'an acceptable, or is it still destroying the world of allah?)

Well, if it is an English translation of the quran it isn't considered the quran in the first place. Only in Arabic is the quran actually considered the word of Allah.
edit on 23-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Amazing...

Obama apologizes for this, but doesn't demand an apology for the killing of 2 American servicemen over this.

Disgusting...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

I've seen pdf versions of the Qur'an in arabic.

What a concept... I'd be afraid it would cause grief too..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

BOO HOO!

grow up

there is NOTHING to be proud of on any educational system... if you do some research you would know that the public school system was developed in the early prussian society, and it was a system developed to destroy individuality, and instil a "mob" mentality on impresionable young minds...clearly it has worked

you need to step out of the box..im talking about beyond human comprehension, once you are out of the box and you observe the meaningless hate that the human rece bestows upon itself..you would see things my way...such a waste of energy, and resources on fighting and killing one another, that could have been used for positive reasons....yet we want bloodshed and vengance for the burning of a book?...

who was there to stand up for the tree that was cut, and destroyed to make it?

allah?

I stepped out of the box long ago and found that people like you live in an altogether different box and never step beyond it's boarders - you spit your ignorance through a tiny gap in your box - you should be ashamed!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

ashamed of what? using logic? using common sense?...

having a heart? having compassion for this race that gives nothing back in return...

like children you give unconditionaly, and they never repay you back, and always want more...

a mere "spit" of ignorance from me resonates with more truth and wisdom than an entire collective..

4 reasons why you defend these actions....

1. you are of islamic/muslim faith

2. you are blindly ignorant

3. you are a traitor to this country

4. you do not live in the united states

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It's OK to burn the Christian Bible. It's OK to defecate on the Torah. It's OK to mock any other religion EXCEPT Islam... Sorry, I don't think so. Last time I checked, no religion was above scrutiny. And last time I checked, no Jew, Christian was threatening to behead you either. I don't really have a thing against Muslims, but I just don't like politically correct jerks whining about how unfair this Qur'an burning was.

It happens daily, to every single religion. Islam isn't any more special.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I realize that many people confuse Islam with race, but to associate the two isn't right. All people from the Middle East are not Muslim. Most Muslims are not violent. Millions of Muslims are from all so-called races. It is a missionary religion, it isn't relegated only to Arabs.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

I realize that many people confuse Islam with race, but to associate the two isn't right. All people from the Middle East are not Muslim. Most Muslims are not violent. Millions of Muslims are from all so-called races. It is a missionary religion, it isn't relegated only to Arabs.

you are correct, i have met plenty of middle easterners practice their faith peacefully...and i under stand there are many christians as well in that part of the world..

my anger is dirrected towards those who chose to follow, instead of thinking freely and questioning the situation, i retract any statement that i might have made that might have seemed to generalize an entire culture...

however it does not seem that the "righteous" ones would speak up and in simpler terms say "we dont agree with this, and we have nothing to do with it"

yet all you hear about and see if the mob mentality of pilaging and seeking vengance on the innocent foreigners who have nothing to do with this dilema..

what about those thousands rioting, and killing innocents... whos telling them not to generalize?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Do the people here that are criticising the actions of the Afghanis actually understand how sacred they regard the Quran? That Yoda bloke, is so arrogant/ignorant, it isn't funny. It is paper to YOU, not to them. To them, it is their life. It revolves around the Quran.

The American military can't do anything right. One thing to the next, they have lost all trust in the public. Look at them now, Afghanistan is rioting, and the population isn't only rioting and trying to take the bases of Americans, they are also doing it to French bases. They had to turn a marching mob of 2000 Afghanis away from their base yesterday.

This stupid little act, has now put EVERY Coalition force at risk, USA, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, and countless others are now targets thanks to those soldiers.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Religion all over the world causes both internal and external problems depending on whether or not they follow their individual religion religiously (I think you know what I mean). There are extremes in all religions - some we call fanatics but some take the middle road and as with Christianity some people call them selves Christian but never go to church others are very orthodox and follow the words of the Bible literally. Muslims do a similar thing though more of them are indoctrinated (for want of a better word) from a very early age. Whereby Christians tend not to do this though there are many examples of indoctrination without mentioning any particular sects.

We also have to recognise that though in the Middle East we have a section of society who are highly educated as in the West. Due to poverty or cultural reasons or because of a war torn environment, many do not have the opportunity of even a basic education. These are often the people who are easily prayed upon and brain washed by the more extreme members of any religion hence, extremism is developed.

But in either case it has to be acknowledged that the burning of ANY holy book is highly disrespectful and where ever there are cases such as this - we can expect trouble whether it be from Moslems or Christians - neither culture would accept such behaviour. However, this said - a more educated society though they would be extremely upset at such an action would in the end (we like to think) balance the situation - show their disgust and ensure it doesn't happen again.

If we return to the fact that a larg proportion of Middle Eastern Populations tend to stem from a less educated group of society (in particular in Afghanistan) then we can understand surely their reaction to the burning of this their holy book - these people place a huge respect for high place this Holy Book holds within their society.

There are many Christians who have the benefit of education that would react in an extreme way to the burning of the Bible. I myself would be one of them - however, as I do have an element of education I would not kill some one because of it. Those in the Middle East who also have the benefit of higher education would I'm sure react also in a more balanced way.

Now in the USA it is assumed that via schooling that this is recognised and I do know as the OP to this thread and most members know that US citizens who have had a decent education would also react to the Bible being burned in a balanced way - they would be extremely angry but would recognise that this does not warrent killing anyone over it. However as the OP in this thread rightly points out - many Americans do not react accordingly and can't seem to understand how different cultures can hold such high regard for their religious books or even incorporate the words of their religion into their Political Systems but they do and this has got to be respected.

In the West we separate religion from politics hence don't see the extremism that could result from a joint system. If our politics did mix with religion - you would see many extremes in our laws because the laws of the Bible would be used to guide society.

Without respect for one and others cultures/religions we can never have multiculturalism and their was once a time when each culture remained where they have been for hundreds of years until we began to trade with one another and had it stayed that way we would not have had the problems experienced today as in the UK and France and yet to take hold in the US. However, along with trade comes the mixing of cultures and it is not going to go away.

In the days of Black Slavery - those forced to live in a strange Country eventually were indoctrinated into adopting the culture of that country - 'When in Rome - Do as The Romans do' a similar thing happened with the Native Indians and the Aborigines but we lost something very important to human society - we lost the essence of an indigenous group of people whos' whole culture was is and always will be built upon respect. And whether we like to face it or not - that is something we have sadly lost in our Western Cultures - there is very little respect left for those who walked and lived before us - for the wise among us - for Parents - for religion - for authority - for all the things that help maintain balance and structure in any society.

If War does not come (and I pray it does not) then these are the things we need to consider after ridding ourselves of the corperate/businesses that rule our societies - these are the things that build balanced, honest and caring societies and these are the thing we need to learn from the many cultures around the world who value the word respect for one another.

You will always find people who rebel no matter what system is in place and you will always have extremes.
(Copy of post to another similar thread just as appropriate here)
edit on 23-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join