It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I also have had several different types of Paranormal experiences happen to me but mine seemed to start after a occurrences of seeing a lot of ufos around my home & only lasted aprox two years then me being able to see them stopped as suddenly as they started although I still get the feeling something comes by at times & our four year old lab mix will act like she see's something , growl at nothing then get up & go get in the bathtub ( where she hides when someone is shooting or a bad storm blows in ) .

I find it easier not to go into details very often or go looking for much info in the public as it brings ridicule & haters out of the wood works even on these sites where we should be able to discuss it stress free .
John

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kentuckycowboy2
reply to post by sled735

I also have had several different types of Paranormal experiences happen to me but mine seemed to start after a occurrences of seeing a lot of ufos around my home & only lasted aprox two years then me being able to see them stopped as suddenly as they started although I still get the feeling something comes by at times & our four year old lab mix will act like she see's something , growl at nothing then get up & go get in the bathtub ( where she hides when someone is shooting or a bad storm blows in ) .

I find it easier not to go into details very often or go looking for much info in the public as it brings ridicule & haters out of the wood works even on these sites where we should be able to discuss it stress free .
John

I understand your concern, but I don't really care what others think of me. I am who I am, and I have experienced what I have experienced. Just because someone else has not had the same experiences as I have doesn't give them the right to slander me, or anyone else who has. People who do that are ignorant! Don't let it upset you if others ridicule you. You are giving them control of your emotions when you do that. This IS a place for people to discuss their experiences with others who understand, and have gone through it themselves. It feels really good to finally find others who share the same type of paranormal experiences as I have. If you wish to participate, feel free. If not, then you are welcome to sit back and read the experiences of others like yourself. Welcome to my thread!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by happybee

Originally posted by DAVID64
I have a couple of odd things that have been happening since we bought this house about 6 years ago. The first has been an off and on occurrence. We have all seen this, my wife,son, daughter and myself. This past summer I came in through the front door,walked into the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye, down the hallway, saw what I thought was my wife walk from our bedroom, across the hall, to the bathroom. Thinking it was her, I started talking to her about something. Getting no answer, I went to the bathroom to see why she wasn't answering. No one there. I went looking for her and she had been out on the back porch reading. I had been working out front on the roses and she had been out back for at least 20 minutes. This has happened several times to different members of the family. I'll post the other if any are interested.

Forgot to mention, we were the only ones home at the time, kids were gone.
edit on 23-2-2012 by DAVID64 because: add

Reading this story reminds me of the 'woman' I once saw at my mothers house.

One evening I went to visit my mother. We were having a good time and we went on chatting till late at night. Just the two of us. I decided to sleep over instead of going back to my house. I was always aware of a presence in her house, but I was comfortable with it. It didn't feel like something nasty. I always made sure though, to announce my presence by making a little bit of noise when I needed to go to the bathroom at night or when I wanted something from the kitchen.

This is my usual tactics when I am strolling around in the dark, or in an empty house, when I am aware of some presence. Keeping my eyes averted for some seconds and making some noise, is my way to alert the presence that I am on my way, so I will not be scared by an surprise encounter.

That night, while getting into bed, I suddenly remembered I left my phone in the living room. I jumped from the bed, threw open the bedroom door and looked straight through the hallway into the living room. To my surprise I saw my mother dancing around the table in the midst of some soft light. She swayed around with her hands in the air, her long hair flowing, twirling graciously around, smiling happily.
I immediately felt alarmed. The lightness and weirdness of it all, told me it was a spirit. This spirit of my mother dancing, could mean that she was dead or OBEing.... !
So tentatively I whispered "Mama....?"

My "mama?" scared the woman so much, she twisted around midair with her eyes wide open in shear terror, with her dress and hair flowing madly around her, before she disappeared like a snuffed candle.
Now i was really spooked, so I bellowed "MAMA!" and threw open the door of my moms bedroom. Who in turns almost falls out of her bed. "Whats wrong? Whats the matter?" I was so relieved to see her alive, I just stand there staring at her. "I thought I saw you dancing around the dinner table.." I said a bit shaky. She looked totally bewildered. "What?" So I explained what I just saw a midst a lot of giggling.

We ended up drinking a cup of tea to calm down, while she assured me it was not her OBEing or anything, because she just settled in her bed. I also realized I thought it was my mother because of the long hair, but that the woman really didn't looked like her. After a while she asked me if I was ready to go to bed again.

Before I could answer, a loud BANG nearly gave me a heart attack. One of the balloons, still hanging down the ceiling from a party a few days before, was ruptured. We just sat there staring at it for like a minute, the BANG was followed by a loud CLICK of the video-recorder. Luckily for us, the adapter of the television was out of the socket, or else it would have made one hell of a noise on an already jumpy night. It was obvious it was some sort of payback time. So I mentally made my excuses to the woman to have scared her.

We had enough. It was nearly morning as we went to bed, determined not to let anybody keep us awake.

FYI:
I looked this up after David64's post, and found that this type of entity is called a Doppelganger. They are a supernatural manifestation outwardly identical to someone in the house (or where ever), but have no soul or personality. They avoid contact of material things, such as holding a glass, or signing their name. But sometimes they will talk to humans and fool them into thinking they are the other real human. So if you're ever in doubt, ask them to get you a glass of water. They will come up with an excuse not to. They will also avoid the person they are imitating.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There was a famous British author named Wilkie Collins. He was a contemporary of Charles Dickens, and his novel "The Moonstone" is often credited as one of the first detective mysteries.

Anyway, Collins was very insistent that he had a doppelgänger living in his home. He talked about it often.

Of course, he was also an opium addict, so maybe he's not such an interesting guy after all...

I LOVE this thread! Kudos to everyone who's had the courage to share. It's extremely difficult to open yourself up for ridicule. Can't wait to read more!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Ok. Like I said, this is a bit creepy. This doesn't happen often, maybe once a month. Sometimes when I'm asleep, I wake up cause I feel something walking across the foot of the bed. Not like a person, but, you know when a cat is not sure of it's footing, how they will carefully, step by step go across something? Like that. Very light, very slow. I usually fall asleep with the TV on and there is enough light to see that nothing is there. I never sit up suddenly, just open my eyes enough to see and watch. We have cats, but I have felt these foot steps going across the bed while being able to plainly see there's no cat in the room.. I saw a docu a while back of some woman having a similar problem and actually caught hers on video. A nasty, creepy looking little creature, about the size of a small monkey. But, so far,I haven't seen anything.

Do you remember the name of the documentary? I would love to watch it! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This isn't a paranormal experience, but I found it interesting and so I'll share anyway.

Couple of years ago my husband and I were looking to buy a new house. While we were with a realtor, visiting a potential home, I jokingly asked her if she knew of any haunted houses. I was just goofing off, but her answer surprised me.

She said that under NC real estate law, she was required to reveal anything and everything up front; this mandate included the possibility of a house being haunted.

Now isn't that interesting!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
This isn't a paranormal experience, but I found it interesting and so I'll share anyway.

Couple of years ago my husband and I were looking to buy a new house. While we were with a realtor, visiting a potential home, I jokingly asked her if she knew of any haunted houses. I was just goofing off, but her answer surprised me.

She said that under NC real estate law, she was required to reveal anything and everything up front; this mandate included the possibility of a house being haunted.

Now isn't that interesting!

That reminds me of the time my husband and I rented a place way, way back in the middle of nowhere in the middle of miles and miles of forest. I asked the owner with a giggle if there were Big Foots anywhere around the place. He was very serious in answering, "Yes, the lady that lives down the road about 2 miles reported seeing one walk past her house last year. There was a big write-up about it in the local paper."
I almost backed out on renting the place, but we went anyway because the views were too spectacular to allow a Big Foot deprive me of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I have heard loud demonic shreiks and unearthly moans within the graveyard that borders our back yard and others have also heard those sounds with me,when i was around 15yrs old...

I have had our land line phone ring while off the hook in my hand and i almost fainted with terror when suddenly bursts of cackling laughter and wild animal like growls came out of the phones speaker and others who were with me also heard those awful sounds,after i threw the phone across the room,when i was around 20yrs old...

I have had my lower body levitated off of my bed and held there for a few minutes as i lay on my stomach in the dark,when i was around 15yrs old...

I have heard disembodied female voices whisper my name from close above me,when no one else was there, when i was around 12yrs old...

I have been paralyzed in my bed in the dark with my eyes open and saw visions of an old man with long white hair and beard blowing in the wind of a silent storm and he said while looking right into my eyes..."32 quartz its the devil"...quarts or quartz? i do not know,but those are the words that were spoken to me that night,when i was around 27yrs old...

I have heard a powerful and very loud crash and bang sound on the roof of a single story house where i once was babysitting two small kids one night,that came without warning and shook the living room we were in and sent the two little kids i was watching running out of the room in tears asking me,what was that? and when i looked outside on the roof with a flashlight,there was nothing there,nothing on the ground and no marks on the roof, when i was around 13yrs old...

I have sensed an invisible presence in my bedroom at night,that seemed to move closer to me,then felt invisible lips kiss the side of my face,along with a breath of warm air from the mouth of something that seemed very female,when i was around 16yrs old...

I have answered the ringing phone,only to hear what i believe were demons imitating my long dead grandmothers voice and she sounded furious and vengeful and she knew it was me on the other end of the phone,although i never said a word,because she proceded to scream my name like some kind of enraged monster,i was so horrified that i could not speak,when i was around 18yrs old...

I have seen strange half human creatures swimming against the oceans waves with my mother at Nantasket Beach,as she walked back to the car,i stayed behind in-tranced by what i was looking at,when i was around 5yrs old...

I have,along with three other people one autumn night,seen a black circular shape descend to tree top height and block out the stars right in front and above us and it was humming and swirling and the leaves were blowing all around our feet and then it quickly ascended as the stars came back into view and the next day in the newspaper,an article mentioned a lady that saw a strange glowing disc fly over her house only about 10 minutes after our encounter,when i was around 30yrs old...

I have heard very weird and somehow almost unearthly sounds of ringing bells and chimes outside above our house,as i layed in bed in the dark listening to them in my third floor bedroom,on a summer night with the windows open,when i was around 10yrs old...

Some of those things still happen to me ocasionally and some of them that i listed were,so far,one time events and encounters...

I am aware that these things exist and they are aware that i know about them.I was born with the knowledge of their reality already in my memory and i think some of them dont like me very much for spreading the truth about their existence in our world and i no longer have any fear of them and that enrages some of them all the more...

I have been extremely clairvoyant ever since i can remember,which is all the way back to when i was an infant and not one word above is a lie and if i am laughed at or ridiculed for telling some of these strange and sometimes terrifying things that have happened to me then so be it...

These are great stories you're sharing! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthChilde
Ok, I am in. I have read enough posts that I am feeling courageous enough to put myself out here. lol

I come from a long line of weather witches, water witches, hearth witches, pagans, mystics, astrologers and tarot readers. The last two or three generations flirted with these ideas less and less as they became 'civilized' and brought to 'religion'. Me? I am a product of my time, I was born in the first half of the 70's and truly believe that I am a Warrior Childe for the Rainbow and Crystal children I have met. Spirits, ghosts and the other side have always been in and out of my life since I was barely able to breathe, in fact, one of the earliest experiences is when I was 4 and my younger sister was two.
We lived in half of a house that was, like many old houses, built to be a single family home then divided for rental purposes. It still stands today in Bowmanville, ON. Aunt Linda had come to visit from the east coast and had taken me for a walk to the park. My mother, having been ill, was sleeping with my sister in the upstairs bedroom. Dad was a factory worker and was two towns over at the plant. As we walked down the sidewalk, in broad daylight, coming from the park to come home, my Aunt Linda (claims as I was too young to have memory of this event, this has been passed to me many times over the years with integrity in information) saw someone in the front door waving towards us to make our way. This was at approximately 250ft away from the porch and front door. With the screen door not opening she figured it was my Mother waving us in for some reason. It appeared that the inside door was open, the screen was not and someone was waving. At some point during the approach, Aunt Linda had to look down at me for something, keeping me going, in the right direction etc, and had lost visual contact with the front door. When she looked up again, it was closed and no one appeared to be standing in it. Not thinking much about it, she got continued at my four year old pace and when we arrived and mounted the steps to the front porch and opened the screen door, lo and behold, the main door was locked. Aunt Linda thought this pretty odd, somewhat frustrating as she just saw (whom she thought) my Mom, her sister, beckoning. She pounded on the door for a few minutes until finally my Mom answered, groggy from nap. Aunt Linda, having the door now open caught the wiff of fire. She stepped into the kitchen and starting looking for it. Off the kitchen was the electrical panel for the house and it was smoking and belching flames. Mom was totally unaware and there was not another adult in the house. The visitor (after careful deliberation) was thought to be protective and was trying to get Aunt Linda back faster to save the house and people from disaster.

True story to my knowledge and passed down to me from my Mom and Aunt Linda.

I have more, but will pause as I have not relived that for some time and I am now actually at a point in my life when I have some measure of memory recall. I think I will medatate for a bit. Namaste.

edit on 23-2-2012 by EarthChilde because: typo fix

Sorry it has taken me awhile to reply to your post. There are a lot of people posting on here... that's wonderful! Keep it up, people!

I think we all have guardian angels that watch over us, and come to our rescue when need be. Sometimes they take on human form, as you saw. This sounds like one of those incidents to me. You should feel happy for this validation that you have help "out there" in extreme circumstances.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus
reply to post by sled735

I just wanted you to know I've been reading all your experiences and very many responses resonate with me, too. Bless you all for sharing because I, especially, know how hard it can be to do this.

I have a question for anyone who may have had this happen to them: Did you ever have those nosebleeds that were so severe they were like hemorrhages? Required doctors visits, but the docs could never figure out exactly where it was coming from. (It was very far back in the nose or sinus, I could tell).

I got those a lot during my childhood and they seemed to coincide with certain of the paranormal events taking place. So, does this sound familiar to any of you?

I did, almost everday but it was probably because I was a picker. LOL I used to love my boogers dagnabit!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
When I was 12 I woke up to some kid crying by my bed. Just put the covers over my head and went to sleep scared.

I've seen a woman in bath robes walk through my mothers door into the living room while I was on her laptop. My sister who was 8 at the time even told my mom about the lady, only my mom claims to have seen.

While arguing with my grandmother in her new apartment a year or so after my grandfather died I could smell concrete in the air and then grandma would calm down. He was a construction worker, none of his belongings were in the apartment.

6 months after moving to Texas, I've seen a translucent brown/white figure peek around my bedroom door then lean in about halfway after saying "I don't think ghosts are real anymore"

Have seen countless shadows walk past windows in the house I grew up in. No one was ever found to be the source of shadows. My mom claims the cabinets opened and closed by themselves when we moved out.

Who knows.

edit on 25-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by majel42
reply to post by sled735

Definitely not alone. From the age of 12 I had what I call "vivid" dreams, there were totally different to a normal dream, much more clear and vivid and always prophetic. It got to the stage that I did not even have to be asleep to experience flashes of the future. As I got older I could hear "spirits" BUT here is the good part, I am an Atheist and I don't believe in life after death but these people were telling me things I could not know. The only way I could reason it was by deciding that we all live in a multiverse and the premonitions are simply bleeding though from other Universes. I have experienced phenomena such as objects moving and things reappearing. I seem to have passed it on to both my children as there have been numerous occasions when I have been visited during the night and the next morning my children (now both adults) would tell me about the "person" they saw in their room. One night a very young solider that appeared to both my son and myself, I just said to my son "I had a visitor last night" and then he told me so had he and went on the describe the same "person". I said did you ask him what he wanted (my son was about 16 at the time), he said no I didn't I shouted "**** off, you are scaring me" and then pulled the quilt over his head ! My daughter and I were both visited by a young girl, she asked me to play with her and when I said I couldn't, she told me her name and said she never had anyone to play with. The next morning my daughter told me that she had dreamt about a young girl and they were playing together in a large Victorian mill type building.

One of the funniest "vivid" dreams I had was when I was married. My husband put the cricket on to watch (if you are outside the UK be grateful, watching cricket is about as much fun as a root canal without an anaesthetic) and I said to him "I am not watching this match again", he told me it was a live final and I told him "no, its not. I watched this a few days ago, that team wins, on the last or next to last ball or the over and the headline in the papers the next day was "what a corker" (the man of the match was a cricket player named Corke). He told me not to be stupid and I was wrong. The match was won by the team I said, on the last ball of the match and the headline to next day was "what a corker".

Thing happen so regularly that either myself or the children have taken to shouting "stop it, no one is impressed" when the noises start and things start flying.

I am really glad I am not alone, sometimes it does almost make you question your sanity, I am just glad that if I am bonkers that the children can keep me company because they must be too.

In response to your "dreaming" of future events, I think what is happening is you are doing astral traveling into the future. We all do this at times when we sleep, some just don't remember it. I have done this myself, and not remembered it until it happened a few days later. The fact that you can remember it before it happens is a gift. It may save someone's life in the future, or help you avoid certain dangerous events.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by sled735

There was a famous British author named Wilkie Collins. He was a contemporary of Charles Dickens, and his novel "The Moonstone" is often credited as one of the first detective mysteries.

Anyway, Collins was very insistent that he had a doppelgänger living in his home. He talked about it often.

Of course, he was also an opium addict, so maybe he's not such an interesting guy after all...

I LOVE this thread! Kudos to everyone who's had the courage to share. It's extremely difficult to open yourself up for ridicule. Can't wait to read more!

I read a book about these men back in the 70's (I think) that were doing experiments using psychedelia drugs to enter an altered state of consciousness to communicate with the other side, or other beings. So maybe Collins was entering an altered state by using the opium which allowed him to notice the doppelganger in his home?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by kentuckycowboy2
reply to post by sled735

John

I understand your concern, but I don't really care what others think of me. I am who I am, and I have experienced what I have experienced. Just because someone else has not had the same experiences as I have doesn't give them the right to slander me, or anyone else who has. People who do that are ignorant! Don't let it upset you if others ridicule you. You are giving them control of your emotions when you do that. This IS a place for people to discuss their experiences with others who understand, and have gone through it themselves. It feels really good to finally find others who share the same type of paranormal experiences as I have. If you wish to participate, feel free. If not, then you are welcome to sit back and read the experiences of others like yourself. Welcome to my thread!

I must amend my previous statement concerning what others think of me. This statement was directed at the public in general. I do care what my family thinks. I have kept all these experiences from my immediate family members, except for a few who have an open mind to accept them. If my other family members found out about my beliefs they would swear I was possessed, and bring a preacher to my house to pray for my soul not to end up in eternal damnation! I love them, so I don't want to cause them any undue emotional stress.
As for saying some people are ignorant, my intention was not to ridicule these people, but point out that they have no knowledge of this topic, so their opinion doesn't count, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Okay, let's keep the posts going...

This one involves quantum jumping. This didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it:

There was a very narrow two-lane bridge on the road going from town to the house I grew up in. One day my sister, cousin, and I were going to town in my sister's car, and my girlfriend and her husband were following behind us in their V.W. Beetle. As we approached this narrow bridge we saw a semi tractor-trailer in front of us stopped at the beginning of the bridge. He was waiting on another semi to cross coming from the other direction. There wasn't enough room for both to pass at the same time. As the approaching semi reached the end of the bridge my girlfriend came up behind me, and passed us in the other lane as we sat waiting for the semi to exit the bridge. I was yelling at them (although they couldn't hear me), "STOP! STOP! AHHHH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!" There was absolutely no way her car could have made it through the space of the stopped semi, and the one coming off the bridge. I watched wide-eyed in fear of seeing my friend killed before my eyes! All of a sudden she was on the other side of the narrow space between the two big trucks, safe without even a scratch to the car! 'This was IMPOSSIBLE, but I saw it with my own eyes!', I thought to myself. Everyone in our car was in awe of what just happened.
When we all reached the other side of the bridge my friend had pulled off at a wide place off the road. I pulled up behind her and asked her what happened. She said her brakes went out. All she could do was go around us, or hit us in the rear of our car, so she went around. When she saw the situation ahead she said she knew she was about to be hit head-on by the semi, so she let go of the steering wheel, put her hands over her face, and waited for the crash. When it didn't happen she looked up and they were in the middle of the bridge unharmed! She took a hold of the steering wheel again at that point.
Her husband couldn't stand up for awhile because his legs were too shaky to hold him. They were both shaken up, to say the least, but after awhile, we all got back on the road. Her brakes didn't give any more trouble after that. Hummm... ( I always wondered about the timing on the brakes going out, and it not happening again afterwards. Must have been some personal lesson in there somewhere!)
After years of not understanding how that happened, I now know they quantum jumped to the other side. I didn't know anything about quantum jumping then.

This incident not only involves quantum jumping, but also when angels step in to help us. I believe when she let go of the steering wheel an angel took over guiding the car to safety. Otherwise, the car could have gone off the side of the bridge and plunged into the river! There is no other explanation I can come up with.
What do you think?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I took a break from ATS to see if reading and discussing these type of events could act as a trigger. I guess I'm about to find out!

Thanks to the OP for starting this. I do enjoy reading other people's experiences and the responses from others, even the skeptical ones.

For most of my life I've felt both haunted and hunted, with long periods in between where nothing happens and the memories become so distant that I can convince myself that the only reality is what I can see before my eyes. I'm terrified of 'summoning' these things again, yet I find I can never resist thinking about them for long. I'm always drawn back eventually. Crazy, huh?

I've posted many of my experiences in other threads here but to answer the OP's question, I too have had varying types of paranormal experiences, including some I've never heard of or only rarely heard of others sharing. It's hard to say in retrospect how 'real' they were. I try to be rational because I'm uncomfortable with the idea of living in an irrational or unpredictable world. I like to think that my brain in the catalyst for many of these experiences - especially since I've noticed either increases or decreases in activity when medicated - but a handful I can find no logical explanation for, like these:

- accidentally seeing into an Aussie friend's world when I was wondering why he was late getting online for our daily chats (usual scene: me just getting up, him getting ready for bed). I wasn't trying - it literally flashed before my eyes, along with his emotions at the time. It was confirmed beyond the shadow of a doubt when he arrived online about an hour later and, not even thinking about the vision, I asked why he was so late. He explained that he was watching Leno while waiting for his dad to get off the computer. It was exactly as I'd seen it, except that in my version he'd been watching a cheesy horror movie. He almost freaked when I told him that; it turned out that right before Leno he'd been watching some crappy alien abduction film, which he proceeded to tell me about. Worth noting is that, at the time, we barely knew each other and he'd never mentioned his dad. He'd talk about his mum and brother now and then, but I always assumed his father was out of the picture until then, so out of respect I'd never asked. It's weird that I knew the man was his father and I also knew what he thought of the film he was watching. I always wonder if I was seeing it as it was happening, before it happened, or after. No way to tell, obviously.

- a short while after this I had a similar experience where I had another 'flash vision' (I'm calling it that because it seemed, in my memory, to last for just an instant, yet relay a full picture, just like the one mentioned previously). In this one I saw myself being injured while exiting a public vehicle - injured in a manner that would have been impossible to see coming; I dismissed it, naturally, and just minutes later it happened exactly as I'd seen it. It wasn't even a case where I could have consciously projected it, since it involved another person doing something unexpected (flipping a side seat upward, the force of which caused the metal bit at the bottom to scrape my shin and produce a nasty gash).

- no matter where I've lived, the foot of my bed has vibrated off and on since at least 1993, which is the first time I remember mentioning to anyone (my mother - who felt it too). I tried to chalk it up to a thousand different things, and succeeded in ignoring it by pulling myself into a fetal position until it subsided, then one day in '95 my mattress suddenly went insane, undulating beneath me, seeming intent on throwing me off. I know it sounds like I'm making this up - trust me, even getting chills I find it hard to believe this really happened, and it's my memory. I was holding onto the edge of the mattress, just plain freaked, and there was something I knew then, some knowledge I lost afterwards - I just had to keep holding on and never let my feet touch the floor. I don't know how I knew this, but I did, and it forced me to hang on until it subsided. When I did I could only lay back in shock, and to my horror the vibrations started again. Part of me wanted to experience it again, to analyze it, to prove it was real, but thank heavens I had the sense to pull my legs up. It subsided, and it was many years before the foot of my bed vibrated again. Only this past year, in fact. I used to search tireless for similar experiences and only ever found one - a retired marine who had an identical experience in the late 60s, only with witnesses - but when I tried to contact him his email bounced. I still live in fear that it could start again. For my entire life I've never been able to sleep in a room alone, and it got worse after '95.

I'll take a break here, as this has made me feel a bit shaky. Apologies for the length. If I post more I'll try to keep them short.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've read similar experiences but this was by far the most chilling, probably because it described the emotions involved by both the witnesses and the the people involved. Amazing is all I can say. What to call it I don't know, as it doesn't seem likely these types of things will ever be adequately explained. I think we'll always find someone with a different point of view, whether it be scientific, religious, or something else entirely. As much as I like labels, I do enjoy the mystery of never knowing for sure.

Keep 'em coming. This thread was the first in ages to make me want to hang around.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daisyglaze

Thanks, Daisyglaze! I'm glad you like it. Several others have thanked me for starting this thread, also. Thanks to all of you! This being my first thread, that makes me feel really good.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
>>When we all reached the other side of the bridge my friend had pulled off at a wide place off the road. I pulled up behind her and asked her what happened. She said her brakes went out. All she could do was go around us, or hit us in the rear of our car, so she went around. When she saw the situation ahead she said she knew she was about to be hit head-on by the semi, so she let go of the steering wheel, put her hands over her face, and waited for the crash. When it didn't happen she looked up and they were in the middle of the bridge unharmed! She took a hold of the steering wheel again at that point.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

Great story, Scribe611. Thanks for sharing! Do you have other stories? Looking for multiple types of experiences.
Feed Me!!
:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join