It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you going to miss the racing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Since the BBC has sold F1 contract to sky will you be prepared to pay that extra 20 pounds or more to view a 2 hour race?
I certainly will not I think it is a terrible thing that BBC dared to sell one of its high viewing shows to sky where you pay a top premium on everything.
This question is mainly to people who have not got sky since i think sky members get it for free.
Either way...
Are you saying goodbye to F1 racing?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

I don't have any cable at all but if I did I would watch F1, along with the AMA Supercross and Motocross series and maybe some Discovery channel.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coldfiremx

Yeah I would watch it to but the thing is this.Here in Britain they sold the contract that allowed most of the people view F1 for free now you have to pay for it by getting sky.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm not cause I was smart enough to get Sky tv in 2003.

Now all I need to do is find something interesting about F1 so I can watch and not get bored within minutes....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i dont think i'll be too upset if bernie ecclestone dies soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Agreed.
Sometimes I think that this multi viewing sport has turned into a money grab..Well in all fairness all sports have but who are we to decide.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It sucks to high heaven

The one thing I had, the one thing I could enjoy and watch and follow... the one thing that I actually looked forward to...

Nope, I wont pay extra for Sky, I can't afford it even if I wanted to.

The BBC will have the "highlights" but lets face it, who wants to watch that... it's all about the build up, the gossip, the excitement of the speculation, the grid walk, the interviews.

Yep, I wont shed a tear if Ecclestone meets his chequered flag, not as if he is scraping for cash himself that he has to make it pay per view.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
the bbc will show 10 of the races in full and highlights of the other 10, which is something atleast.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I know how you feel,
What is the point of spending £30 a month plus the hidden charges for 20 races that BBC sold out.
I think they have seriously lost a major viewing show.
Sometimes I wish that they sold the programmes that are literally bad.Overated and over celeb.Strictly come dancing?

new topics

top topics

join